The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2016, 06:46 AM   #121
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bêthberry View Post
Voila, the Downs is back in town. Is there an elvish word for voila?
There's aiya 'Lo and behold' in Quenya, as in Fingon's words before the Nirnaeth: Aiya eldalië ar atanatari, utúlië 'n aure! 'Behold, people of the Eldar and Fathers of Men, the day has come!'

Last edited by Pitchwife; 10-15-2016 at 06:47 AM. Reason: typo
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 08:52 AM   #122
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
I was freaking out when I went to the Downs a few days ago and it wasn't there anymore. Since I'm taking a break from Facebook, I couldn't check the Facebook group for any news. Thankfully, I was able to text aganzir, who told me what was going on. Every time the Downs comes offline for some reason, I get jittery thinking that's the end of the Downs forever. I'm glad to see it back.
Old 10-15-2016, 01:14 PM   #123
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Haha! I knew clicking the old button for old times sake would do some good, even if it takes me to the ring-selling site again. Yuppeee!
Old 11-18-2016, 11:19 AM   #124
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Clicking on the LOTR Memes thread trips an alert 'deceptive site ahead'.

Last edited by Inziladun; 11-18-2016 at 11:40 AM.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:35 PM   #125
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Clicking on the LOTR Memes thread trips an alert 'deceptive site ahead'.
Huh, I'm on my phone and it opens fine. But then my phone doesn't usually stop me from clicking links that my computer says are deceptive sites. I'll check again on Monday when I have my computer back.
Old 11-19-2016, 05:04 PM   #126
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Huh, I'm on my phone and it opens fine. But then my phone doesn't usually stop me from clicking links that my computer says are deceptive sites. I'll check again on Monday when I have my computer back.
I'm still getting the same result, only on that thread. A forbiddingly red screen that sadly doesn't say "You shall not pass!", but instead says something about the site being a target of 'attackers' (I was going to copy/paste the message but couldn't).

EDIT: The warning looks to be from Google Chrome.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:01 PM   #127
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The warning appears to be triggered by a link (or image) from thefunnyblog.org. That site may be affected by malware.

Edit: do not go to that site.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:49 PM   #128
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Should be good now. I was the last one to post there, so it was probably the picture in my post. I deleted it now, so it shouldn't cause anymore trouble.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:01 PM   #129
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Should be good now. I was the last one to post there, so it was probably the picture in my post. I deleted it now, so it shouldn't cause anymore trouble.
It seems it wasn't you, as the same thing is still happening. All I can figure is that something else that's been on the thread a long while has just now become a source of trouble.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:49 PM   #130
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
It seems it wasn't you, as the same thing is still happening. All I can figure is that something else that's been on the thread a long while has just now become a source of trouble.
Huh. Not much we can do about it then, can we?