The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-08-2004, 11:45 AM   #1
Balin EmeraldFury

Shield Extended Trilogy 2004

A trusted co-worker said that there is talk of another Trilogy to come. One of all three Extended Versions. Possibly even as soon as this summer. Does anyone have any links that they might want to share to prove or dis-prove this new rumor?
Old 01-08-2004, 03:20 PM   #2
Linaeve
Animated Skeleton

Linaeve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Linaeve
Sting

I don't really understand what you're asking . . . do you mean another trilogy as in another three movies? Or an EE version of all three movies?
Old 01-08-2004, 03:42 PM   #3
Balin EmeraldFury

Shield

Sorry, I should have specified. There is talk of another Trilogy Event. Another all day LOTR fest. This time, the extended versions of all three. My co-worker tells me that it is more than a rumor now. Does anyone have evidence one way or the other.
Old 01-08-2004, 04:42 PM   #4
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Sting

Each EE coems out every november, so i would highly doubt 3 EE this summer, maybe the first 2 EE and ROTk but i doubt all EE
Old 01-08-2004, 05:27 PM   #5
Balin EmeraldFury

Shield

I would think that if it were sooner than Oct or Nov it would be because of how significant the revenue would be. Not to mention how much more insane it would drive everyone over LOTR. Reguardless of when it were to come out, does anyone have any links that might help to find the truth as to whether there will be an ALL EE Trilogy in 2004?
Old 01-08-2004, 05:44 PM   #6
Maltagaerion
Haunting Spirit

Maltagaerion has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Does anyone else have visions of these three movies turning into something like what Rocky Horror Picture Show has become? Nothing to do on a Friday night? Then head on down to your local theater and watch the LotR movies! Dress up in costume and stand in front of the screen and recite lines while the movie is playing!
Old 01-08-2004, 08:00 PM   #7
Balin EmeraldFury

Shield

Too Funny! Not that I would mind watching the EE Trilogy every couple of months on the big screen. But I can see your point. Very Funny though!
Old 01-08-2004, 09:47 PM   #8
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Thumbs up

I don't know about on the theater...I do believe there will be a trilogy pack, but probably not unti 2005, to spread the earnings out a little. Maybe in time for The Hobbit!
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 09:32 AM   #9
Carrūn
Wight

Carrūn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Most likely there will be a regular DVD followed by the EE in November like the previous two so I doubt we'll see any trilogy marathons until around then. <P>I'd be pleasently surprised to be wrong though.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:50 PM   #10
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I heard something on War of the Ring a while ago. Here it is: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> LORD of the Rings fans who feel third film Return of the King is too long at three hours 21 minutes should brace themselves for the DVD release - director Peter Jackson plans a FIVE-HOUR version.<P>Movie house New Line Cinema will also get in on the act by screening 12-HOUR marathons of the complete full-length Tolkien trilogy in the summer. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> So maybe it is more than just a rumor. *crosses fingers* It doesn't say which year this could be, though.<p>[ 3:52 PM January 20, 2004: Message edited by: Orominuialwen ]
Old 01-20-2004, 03:12 PM   #11
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Well, then there's <A HREF="http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=002514" TARGET=_blank>The Golden Ring Marathon project,</A> of which I am a chair. So this may be the "rumor" you heard. It was on TORN a while back, so it's possible that the word has actually gotten out to some extent. But that wouldn't debut until October 20th, 2005.

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 06:03 PM   #12
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think I've read that the five hour Extended King has been shut down. I think it originated with someone having an interview with Jackson and miss hearing 4 hours and 15 minutes as 4 hours and 50 minutes.<P>I'll have to dig, but I'm pretty sure Jackson has come out and given the correct time as likely being around 4 hours and 15 minutes (this still represents almost 55 minutes of extra material).<P>H.C.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:09 PM   #13
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
With the DVD EE RotK not coming out til December, I wonder if they will make any theater films so a full eE showing could be done. I remember Trilogy Tuesday and that was fun, but this would be an all-day affair for sure!
Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 08:00 PM   #14
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I've heard tell (not that this makes it true, necessarily) that such a marathon may occur, but who can really say? All I know is come Christmas break I plan on having a couple of friends crash at my house for several days to watch everything on the EEs... should be interesting.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 09:24 AM   #15
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Pipe I have the date. Bwhaha.

RotK EE comes out 14th of december according to Lordoftherings.net . (Click on the image to the right)

You can also read about the extra materials.

Nice Christmas present, if you ask me....