The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-28-2010, 05:51 PM   #441
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by autume98 View Post
So apparently I'm a little confused. I know shocker! I thought for some reason the Aphrodite had to do with wine. I looked it up and it has to do with Love and Beauty. So please ignore the above post.

Edit: x-ed with tp and wilwa
The possible hint I'm talking about was in that post– it's the bit about her "good looks".
Old 07-28-2010, 05:51 PM   #442
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
So after going over BG's posts again, this time looking for something to do with love and beauty. I came up with nothing. I don't see one iota of a hint that she tried to give her partner Hephaestus.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:55 PM   #443
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

And I see you can add Lalaith and Wilwa to the list of people who have called me "touchy" or similar. Has it really been that long since people have seen an innocent Phantom under fire?

I even recall someone (SPM perhaps?) back in the day pointing out that I was doing my usual hysterical thing under fire, and in another game I recall being asked to stop shouting so much (typing in all caps) because I was angry.

Are all the ancient ones gone? Kuru? Fordim? Anguirel? Where are you?
Old 07-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #444
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Talking about finding anomalies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
I feel like making a list:
Look good to me
Kath: though she hasn't posted much I'm getting very good vibes, I especially appreciate her last post, she couldn't come on much but still was sure to cover basically every major topic.
Oh my! That (ADDED: Kath's post) was the most un-educated and well, muddled up post I've seen for a while. I mean she totally messed things up, like talking about Boro's Hades-hints (which?) being an issue or generally just saying that most that we have actually achieved is suspicious.

It's clear Kath has not have time to read or to think. She actually more or less admits it in her post. And that's fine. Everyone does not have time everyDay. And she's also a most lovable person. But still, and because of that, her post doesn't in any case earn that praise Wilwa makes of it. Which makes me wonder what the purpose of that praise was...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #445
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
And I see you can add Lalaith and Wilwa to the list of people who have called me "touchy" or similar. Has it really been that long since people have seen an innocent Phantom under fire?

I even recall someone (SPM perhaps?) back in the day pointing out that I was doing my usual hysterical thing under fire, and in another game I recall being asked to stop shouting so much (typing in all caps) because I was angry.

Are all the ancient ones gone? Kuru? Fordim? Anguirel? Where are you?
Phantom, I said I didn't see what was touchy about your posts.

And Tum dear, BG's post *did* have an Aphrodite hint. And many people have pointed it out.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:05 PM   #446
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
*laughs at Tum*

Why do you want us to ignore your last post? BG did in fact make a beauty reference in it, so it still fits.
So she did. I think I just made a fool of myself. I did not see anyone who responded to it so it doesn't help us find her partner.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:07 PM   #447
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Talking about finding anomalies...
Oh my! That was the most un-educated and well, muddled up post I've seen for a while. I mean she totally messed things up, like talking about Boro's Hades-hints (which?) being an issue or generally just saying that most that we have actually achieved is suspicious.

It's clear Kath has not have time to read or to think. She actually more or less admits it in her post. And that's fine. Everyone does not have time everyDay. And she's also a most lovable person. But still, and because of that, her post doesn't in any case earn that praise Wilwa makes of it. Which makes me wonder what the purpose of that praise was...

That was kind of the point that I was ok with it. She clearly didn't have a lot of time to read or post, and yet still managed to at least somewhat touch on the big subjects. I didn't say that it made a ton of sense, just that I appreciated her effort, which is much more than other less active people have done. It was far better than just saying "oh, I have no time to even try and post so I'll just vote random".
Old 07-28-2010, 06:08 PM   #448
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
I do actually lean on voting for Eonwë (his actions toDay haven't exactly made him look better) and do not have too much time, so could you tell me what makes you think Boro was the false seer rather than the true one? I mean he didn't know it himself which one he was and thus you can't read it from his behaviour, so what's your view?
My leaning towards him as the false Seer is more or less because Eonwe just hasn't looked that bad to me, and that seems to be the obvious dream.

As I stated before, yesterday he didn't look bad to me because I thought his Dionysus comment was done in honesty, not to mention that if he was Dionysus Boro couldn't have spotted him, thus suspecting him for that today seems completely counter-productive. What other reason is there to suspect him?

At this point the best reason I see to vote for him is just to give it a logical try- i.e. he's the most likely dream plus it would be a possible clue to the badness of others seeing as he was a lynching suspect yesterday. The only problem is he hasn't felt bad to me, and I'd kick myself for going against my judgement. But then going against logic is bad too.

Meh. In general I just don't like this situation.

Anyway, I have to leave right this instant! I'll be back for the final two/three hours.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:15 PM   #449
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh, don't be such a drama ghost. (This in response to Phantom's #443.)

Okay, so here's a rough list of how I feel about people. Don't think I can stay much longer, alas. I'm sorry, but I won't be back once I leave (until toMorrow of course).

Good:
Nienna
Greenie
Kath
Dun
Rikae
Lottie

Not sure:
Lal (think she's pretty safe, but I never can read her)
Phantom (he looks innocent, but something's not quite right)
Tum (she looks really confused, but I may smell a plotting newbie....I'll look at her)
Mac (I'm clearly missing something, so I'll have to look at him....but meh?)
Stick (confusing me with....nothing....hence the problem)
Shasta (not getting a darn thing on him)

Not so good:
Foley (she said she thought Phantom could be a gifted....that's never an innocent thing to say)
Nog (he's just....weird, and doesn't seem like an innocent Nog, toDay's confusing discussion about language aside)
Nerwen (I don't suspect her, thus she must be something....it better be evil)
Steve (he's responding strangely to all this attention, and while I think his Dionysus thing was fine I still think he's evil)

I'm not sure who I'll be voting for yet, but I won't be voting four my first category, that's for sure. After all, I love 'em so!

ETA: Did I get the right number of baddies? If so, it was unintentional, I swears.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 07-28-2010 at 06:16 PM. Reason: clarified my meaning on Foley
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:21 PM   #450
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Bugger this. I'm too tired to leave. *slacks* I'll be back with more in-depth thoughts.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:44 PM   #451
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Today's votes so far...

Greenie -> Mac
Shasta -> Nogrod
Kath -> Nogrod 2
Lalaith -> Eonwë

Some remarks of skimming (really skimming) through the thread.

There was this incredible "taming of Mac" that took place. I had totally forgotten it. What happened? I mean the to and fro between Mac and tp ending in the sugariest ending I've seen in a while...

Shasta may be having time-issues but if he has he had relatively long time to post his short remarks.. but the problem is he seems to be going only where the wind seems to blow. So yesterDay he was for lynching Eonwë and toDay Mac and me - and after tp said Mac was alright he didn't feel such an urge to go after him either... you have a nice padawan Obie phantom, but they should learn some independence. Also his reasons for voting me were interesting:
Quote:
His case is a big steaming bucket of double-, triple-, and quadruple-bluffing, as far as I'm concerned
Really? In this game where everyone - but one - has an increased reason to hide and to bluff. It was not too much of a reason - especially looking at the other side: what would an intelligent wolf do? Be pleasing, nice, reasonable... and not run amok like a teenage hurricane... And as we're on it, what was it actually, Shasta? If you say someone is fishy come forwards and tell why and in which way. Otherwise I'll call your elementary attempt at bluffing back.

So as you see, I didn't like it. Not so much that it was a vote for me, but because it seemed like too calculated to not stand out - that it actually stood out... SO do not let him get easy on Days to come.

Unless something drastic happens, my vote will go to Eonwë. Reasons to follow suite.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #452
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

I've been sitting here and skimming through the posts seeing if something would catch my eye. I went through the BG votes and I didn't really see anything suspicious there. So I thought I'd take a look at the Eonwe voters. And of course the one that really struck me was the vote from Boro.

I am interested in finding out what Eonwe's role is. I also took another look at his posts from yesterday. He did bring up quite a bit of Greek mythology in his posts yesterday. Another question to ask: Would Eonwe be so blatant as to say "Wolf!" in his first post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Murderers? What are we, Titans?
And how did the mortal(s) manage to get here? I'm pretty sure I didn't see Zeus didn't let them in.

Also:
"Wolf!"

There, now my first post really is screaming it to all of you.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:19 PM   #453
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
Hokay so. Work today was brutal. All I want is to sleep and not think. (Yes, that is my excuse for never being around).

The one solid(ish) thing that is sticking in my addled mind is that phantom is making a weird amount of sense. Usually he just confuses me and makes me want him dead. This could be considered a point of concern.

Also, still not all that stoked on Boro indicating that I'm a ranger. If I was, I'd be quite annoyed for being pointed out (and thus probably dead toNight) but the fact that I have no idea where he got that from whatsoever really concerns me. It also leads me to not put too much stake in the theories that Steve is a wolf and phantom is Zeus.

Of course, now with a lack of easy bandwagons to jump on, I'm at a total loss of who to vote for toDay. There's a legitimate chance I won't be voting in order to avoid another weak vote out of sheer annoyance.

ADD:
Quote:
I am interested in finding out what Eonwe's role is. I also took another look at his posts from yesterday. He did bring up quite a bit of Greek mythology in his posts yesterday. Another question to ask: Would Eonwe be so blatant as to say "Wolf!" in his first post?
Well clearly he was.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:35 PM   #454
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Alright.

Looking at Boro's posting the only believable seer hint - let's say unambiguos - is the one concerning Eonwë being -4 damage to us innocents. THat's actually quite boldly said if the scale has been made with innocent dying being between +1-10.

Now there are two clear "buts" involved.
1) Boro might be the false seer and thus his dream is incorrect. (although a cursed might appear as a wolf or a wolf as a cursed - among other roles available, just to remind you there are those possibilities as well)
2) Why would have Boro picked Eonwë as his first dream? There could have been more like "usual suspects"? (but then again, he has been an amazing seer thus far and sometimes seers go their ways)

But on top of that there are a few things.

Eonwë's toying with the "Wolf! There you had it!" and the stuff about Dionysos from Day1. He defended the way some others had already suggested by saying it was too obvious. Once again: a thing may look obvious when pointed out but when going with the flow it's not obvious unless you're looking for it. That's the way the hints get through, being obvious enough to one who looks for it but not obvious enough to one whop doesn't look for it - unless some maddening person brings them forwards for all to see...

And the fact, that it's probably not only the wolves who try to assure us it was too obvious but maybe also some innocents think like that, actually speaks in favour of my theory. If an innocent thinks it's too obvious then it wouldn't have been one.

And actually there was also this in the last minutes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwë
But isn't the Cursed meant to play on the side of the village until they become a wolf?
I do read that as the classical "hey, I'm ignorant of that possibility" -defence which is always quite suspicious. I think that from the discussion we'd had we had quite clearly come to the conclusion that there is a flaw in the rules where the cursed is given the knowledge of him being the cursed thus making it possible for the cursed to play from the beginning as the wannabe-wolf.

But could he be a wolf? Well... Boro said he would be -4 damage to us if killed, so what would he give for a wolf and what for a cursed?

My main reason for my heightened suspicions on him toDay is this:
Quote:
So, are you saying that as a wolf you'd rather kill the seer than leave one of your own to get killed so early on?

Because Boro basically voted for me for no reason, so obviously if the wolves killed him it would point straight to me. Wouldn't that be more than a little risky?
I read it, and read it again, and re-read it... and I was almost giving up, going back to Nerwen, or anyone... The first part of it just looks soo uninformed and boldly ignorant... so an innocent accused by the false seer or just a cursed we could and maybe even should wait for to lynch untill there is a sign of someone turning into a wolf (like Glirdy promised to let us know from the narration). But then the latter part really struck on me.

Let me quote it once again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwë
Because Boro basically voted for me for no reason, so obviously if the wolves killed him it would point straight to me. Wouldn't that be more than a little risky?
Wouldn't that be more than a little risky? For an innocent Eonwë? Who was voted for no reason by the seer?

What risk would the wolves have had if their kill pointed at an innocent Eonwë?

And it's clear to everyone, if the possible seer was right and named X as a wolf, then it is the most risky for the wolves to let the possible seer to live - even if it costs one of them the next Day. And someone voting firmly "with no reason at all" is the benchmark of a seer...

And with four wolves, possibly more in the future, they could afford it nicely...

So how does this go together with my initial "cursed"-suspicion?

There's the enigmatic number -4. Was Boro trying to hint he was not that big a baddie or just trying to protect himself not going outright naming him -10 or somethig? I don't know.

Those of you who though Eonwë was not making cursed hints - as those would have been too bold - should think of the following though. How about a wolf-Eonwë? Maybe they discussed it and thought we would not lynch the possible cursed so one of them trying to pose as one could slip under the radar that way? Actually that would be quite a nice idea: provoking exactly the reaction some of you had - and what's most desirable, the idea of "let's not lynch him". What a perfect hiding-place for a wolf...

So looking at all that I must say:

++ Eonwë

EDIT: add a reading instruction - this is a "dramatically build-post" aka. the motive is opened bit by bit like my thought processes went, from cursed to wolf...

Last edited by Nogrod; 07-28-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:02 PM   #455
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Comments

We should force Nog to go to bed. (Yes, he just voted, but we all know that that doesn't mean anything.) He's doesn't seem to be himself, but he doesn't seem like Wolf-Nog either - more like jetlag-Nog.
The whole hell/Hades debate with all the trying-to-not-imply-swearing is hilarious!

Greenie - toMorrow we're giving your warm, soft side a turn, ok?

I don't really understand what Shasta's reasons for voting Nogrod are. "His case is a big steaming bucket of double-, triple-, and quadruple-bluffing" sounds weird.

Eonwe, may I paraphrase your case against me as "Mac looks really, really good actually but there are a few far-fetched things that might mean he could be a wolf"? Also, you end your case against me with "He needs to be watched" and then put me in the highest "Evil" category. Consistency that is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
There was this incredible "taming of Mac" that took place. I had totally forgotten it. What happened? I mean the to and fro between Mac and tp ending in the sugariest ending I've seen in a while...
"The Taming of the Mac"? Somebody else already did that job.
Anyway, I think you're interpreting much more drama into it than there was. Phantom tested me a little, I joked about it, then a few people ran away with it, I clarified it (a little annoyed), phantom bought my explanation, peace, love, happiness.
(Except for poor Shasta, who based his accusations on it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Now there are two clear "buts" involved.
Third but: The only other time Boro mentions Eonwe he does so quite half-heartedly. Doesn't fit if he was his dream and found evil. He would have encouraged people's suspicions, at least subtly.
You're really too fixated on Eonwe's guilt.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:08 PM   #456
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

So, I have to vote and leave, cause there's some family stuff going on and I just can't stay on anymore.

++Eonwe

Sorry, I just, can't stay on tonight, I have to deal with all this.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #457
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Hmm. A very busy RL day, and an insane amount of posting here. I can't recall ever seeing anything like this number of posts by Day 2! It's quite a lot to read through, but I think I've pretty well caught up.

Seems as if Nog, tp, Rikae, Nerwen, and to a lesser extent, Mac have been most in the spotlight toDay.

Of those, let's see...

Rikae I think I'm surprisingly all right with, for the time being.

Mac: Ehhh.....I still don't trust him enough to put him in the clear, but I won't be voting for him toDay.

tp: It's been a long time since I've played with him, and the only trustworthy phantom is a deceased phantom , but he doesn't seem evil right now.

Nerwen: Every time I trust her it seems to bite me, and every time I suspect her she seems to be innocent. I can't really find fault with her though. I don't remember who said it, but I agree that it's hard to see her being so blatant with a Hades hint, even if she did think she might have the cover of eveyone else speaking similarly. I want to believe her that it was a throwaway remark.

And Nog? I don't remember innocent Nog being so single-minded as he's been toDay. Usually he makes such a fuss of suspecting submarines, and not wanting to focus too narrowly on any particular person, but that hasn't been the case toDay. He seems to have just kept hammering away at the same points.

Which brings me to:

Quote:
I haven't gone through all the thread yet, but I do want to post my reasoning for the reason I voted BG yesterday since I've noticed a few concerns.

The reason I didn't vote for Mac yesterday is simply because I wanted to keep Eonwe around for a little bit longer. At the time Eonwe was also being looked at being lynched. At the time specualation was that he may be Dionysis, and I wasn't ready to lynch him yesterDay. I felt like we should keep him around and in order to do that I had to vote for BG. If I would've had enough people on my side I would've voted for Mac.
Your indications didn't seem to be that you were still ready to vote Mac. You pretty much just started agreeing with him, as if you hadn't said he was your top suspect shortly before. You even used his criticism of mine and Wilwa's votes for BG as reasons to suspect us.
Also, at the time you voted, BG had 5 votes, and Eönwë had 4. But you had to "save" him?

Quote:
Looking at Boro's posting the only believable seer hint - let's say unambiguos - is the one concerning Eonwë being -4 damage to us innocents. THat's actually quite boldly said if the scale has been made with innocent dying being between +1-10.
That bothers me too. I don't understand why Boro said that, if he didn't know something. It's the most concrete thing I saw that could have pointed to one of his dreams. But why wasn't he more overt about suspecting Eönwë, if he was ready to give him a "Neg 4"?

Hmm. Nog, who I rather suspect through his own words and his possible link to my top suspect, tum, has voted Eönwë. Not really a big surprise, but it puts me in a bit of a bind.
I want to lynch tum. But she did say that she wanted to protect Eönwë yesterDay, so his lynch could tell me something about her. Then again, so could Nog's.

*sigh*

x/d with Mac and Wilwa
Old 07-28-2010, 08:26 PM   #458
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

On my way to sleep...

I need to revisit Nerwen, just for a short while. Promise.

I admit I was suspecting her for partly wrong reasons (for picking exactly Hades from all the other possibilities and thus being too fitting). The fact that it was just a play with "What the he**!" curse took that point off. But actually, like I said before, if she was Hades, it would make even more sense to use that cursing as the suspicions could be answered just the way she did - and to which both Rikae and tp pointed. So other than be less believable it turns out to be more believable. Like if you thought it would have been too dangerous or too obvious to just rant like that, well no, it would be perfectly safe, or good enough to use a common curse as a hint - unless there were such one-track-minders like me who'd not give up.

Anyway. If I have made myself unclear about it before. That's more or less what I have against her thus far. I did perceive her defence a bit calculated and wolvish, but if fex. Mac turns out to be a wolf I think the situation is different. I do not "know" Nerwen is a wolf - or claim to know that.

There's quite a little we can make out of yesterDay's BG-train as no-one knew she was the lover, not even the wolves. Eonwë-train (or those who didn't join at certain phases and for which reasons) then again, if he turns out a wolf - or even the cursed - might really give some info.

Tum should start making more sense. And the likes of Foley, Nienna, Kath and also Lottie should start saying more.

Hey Lottie, it's not enough or substantial you say you "don't like someone". Tell us why and how that translates into possible wolvery or something... I mean someone you just dislike might be a goodie and someone you love might be a baddie. (coughWilwaSallycough)

Keeper of Mira I find really hard to read. I mean I kind of understand her bafflement about her needing to get a hint of protecting Boro, but that whole affair looks just so weird.

On many others I've had laughably too little time to concentrate - and I should have looked more closely to many. What makes this bad is that like I said in the admin thread - I was taken in to this game with a questionmark which was due to the fact that my participation will be small on the coming few Days - and I actually hadn't have time to specify my time-limits before I was in with a role. I do hope to get online, but I can't grant it before Wednesday (surely one or two Days but not everyDay). So bear with that or don't. I'll post something early next Day if alive and then, well at some point I hope. I'm aiming at not being modfired (two Days of not-voting in a row)... And from Wednesday on more steadily, if allowed. Just to let you know.

I did try to cause some discussion and hoped to do the best I could.

Heh, just saw this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
We should force Nog to go to bed. (Yes, he just voted, but we all know that that doesn't mean anything.)
You don't need to as I'm doing it myself - I need to be at the wheel once again in something like 30 hours so I'd wish to have two night's sleeps before that.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:37 PM   #459
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

All right, I'm back and will be off and on up until deadline.

The tally:

Greenie ==> Mac
Shasta ==> Nog
Kath ===> Nog (2)
Lalaith ==> Eonwe
Nog ====> Eonwe (2)
Wilwa ==> Eonwe (3)
Old 07-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #460
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
And Nog? I don't remember innocent Nog being so single-minded as he's been toDay. Usually he makes such a fuss of suspecting submarines, and not wanting to focus too narrowly on any particular person, but that hasn't been the case toDay. He seems to have just kept hammering away at the same points.
First: What do you mean by suspecting submarines? I haven't heard this term before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun on Tum
Your indications didn't seem to be that you were still ready to vote Mac. You pretty much just started agreeing with him, as if you hadn't said he was your top suspect shortly before. You even used his criticism of mine and Wilwa's votes for BG as reasons to suspect us.
Also, at the time you voted, BG had 5 votes, and Eönwë had 4. But you had to "save" him?
Well Mac wanted to actually go for a wolf. I was cool with that. We weren't getting anywhere by suspecting each other. So I left him alone. Besides I knew at this point there was no way I'd be able to lynch him.

Yes Eonwe only had 4 votes and BG had 5. And if I voted for Eonwe then they both would've had 5. So by voting for BG I was doing what I could to keep Eonwe yesterDay as I wanted BG gone more than I wanted Eonwe gone. Does that make sense?
Old 07-28-2010, 08:56 PM   #461
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
Phantom, I said I didn't see what was touchy about your posts.
Sorry about that. I must be reading too quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraKeeper
The one solid(ish) thing that is sticking in my addled mind is that phantom is making a weird amount of sense. Usually he just confuses me and makes me want him dead.
Aw, thanks. (And has anyone decided on a nickname for you with this account? "Meeper" perhaps?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Anyway, I think you're interpreting much more drama into it than there was. Phantom tested me a little, I joked about it, then a few people ran away with it, I clarified it (a little annoyed), phantom bought my explanation, peace, love, happiness.
Heh heh... but perhaps you shouldn't have said "love", as people may think you're trying to send me a lover hint.

My goodness- there are so many people who are completely slipping past me at this stage! This village is just too big right now, and some people are too quiet, and some arguments/discussions have occupied all my time. I have hardly any opinion on Nienna, Kath, Lottie, Shasta, and Sally. I really should give them a look.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:14 PM   #462
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
First: What do you mean by suspecting submarines? I haven't heard this term before.
A submarine is one who doesn't post much, or when they do, it's nothing of consequence. Basically they aren't around enough for one to get any impression of them.

Quote:
Well Mac wanted to actually go for a wolf. I was cool with that. We weren't getting anywhere by suspecting each other. So I left him alone. Besides I knew at this point there was no way I'd be able to lynch him.
But you didn't go after a wolf. You voted for someone you thought was innocent.

Quote:
Yes Eonwe only had 4 votes and BG had 5. And if I voted for Eonwe then they both would've had 5. So by voting for BG I was doing what I could to keep Eonwe yesterDay as I wanted BG gone more than I wanted Eonwe gone. Does that make sense?
No, it really doesn't make sense. Eönwë wasn't even tied for votes when you gave yours. I don't see how that makes your vote an effort to save him.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:31 PM   #463
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
We have a game with three pairs of lovers, yet whenever I say the L--- word, I get somebody to shout "He's hinting!". That does not bother me at all. Nope. Not in the least. Totally cool with it. Perfectly fine. Love it.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:34 PM   #464
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
We have a game with three pairs of lovers, yet whenever I say the L--- word, I get somebody to shout "He's hinting!". That does not bother me at all. Nope. Not in the least. Totally cool with it. Perfectly fine. Love it.
Mac, I love you. (Whoops, lookie what I did. )

Gah. I'm so bloody tired again; I keep falling asleep trying to look at Nog. Does that mean something?
Old 07-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #465
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I don't know where the argument started or why, but I can't pass up this statement, Inzil-
Quote:
Eönwë wasn't even tied for votes when you gave yours. I don't see how that makes your vote an effort to save him.
Um, are you kidding me? It was towards the end of voting and Steve was only behind by one single vote when Tum voted to increase the lead to two. How is that not a vote to save Steve?
Old 07-28-2010, 09:38 PM   #466
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
A submarine is one who doesn't post much, or when they do, it's nothing of consequence. Basically they aren't around enough for one to get any impression of them.
Thanks for the explanation!

Quote:
But you didn't go after a wolf. You voted for someone you thought was innocent.

No, it really doesn't make sense. Eönwë wasn't even tied for votes when you gave yours. I don't see how that makes your vote an effort to save him.
I wasn't just thinking about my vote. I was thinking about the way others were probably going to vote too. By the time I put my vote in it was down to BG and Eonwe. BG had 5 and Eonwe had 4. I think there were four votes left. Don't quote me on that though. So I'm thinking that there are still some votes that are going to vote for BG and some for Eonwe. So my vote is now who do I want around more: BG or Eonwe. I decided that I wanted Eonwe to stick around for one more day instead of BG. I wasn't voting for 1 in 20. I was voting for one or the other.

As for voting for someone who was innocent, I thought both of them were innocent. Yet one of them was going to be lynched. There wasn't anything I could do to stop one of them from being lynched. So I chose between the one that I wanted to have stick around.

And I still didn't like people going after BG. I'll stand by that. However by the time I voted there was nothing I could do to stop it. Now if Eonwe turns out to be a wolf then I know that will look REALLY bad. So I'm really hoping that Eonwe is someone good. I can see why you think my vote looks bad. I'm not sure what else I can tell you since everything I've said is the truth. I'll do my best to try and clarify things, however sometimes it seems my logic doesn't match up with everyone else's logic.

Edit: x-ed with Mac, Sally, and tp
Old 07-28-2010, 09:38 PM   #467
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Okay, I've been focused on the Nog/Mac/Phantom/Nerwen/Steve business, and this Inzil/Tum stuff is just beginning to make an impression. What is this? Tum voted for BeiGe after finding her innocent? I'll have to have a look at Tum's posts, especially considering that the above mentioned stuff isn't producing any leads, but just leading me more and more toward thinking all the big names are innocent or, at worst, lovers. Hmm. Back in a moment.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:45 PM   #468
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
I don't know where the argument started or why, but I can't pass up this statement, Inzil-

Um, are you kidding me? It was towards the end of voting and Steve was only behind by one single vote when Tum voted to increase the lead to two. How is that not a vote to save Steve?
All right. Maybe I'm splitting hairs there. But it still doesnt seem all that imperative to cast a vote on someone she thought was innocent in order to save someone else who wasn't ahead in the vote count. And has she explained why she wanted to save him so badly?

x/d with tum and Rikae
Old 07-28-2010, 09:51 PM   #469
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Hey all I'm sorry my participation has been slack today, I will have more time if I'm still alive toMorrow.

Thoughts: Someone (sorry I don't remember who) mentioned that my one earlier post didn't list everyone. I made that post as I was just going through the thread and it wasn't meant to be a list, just a collection of thoughts that popped up for me as I was reading.

Zil, I voted Steve even though he could be innocent because everyone could be innocent. He was just the person I thought would be best lynched. I think that again today though Nog's defending of his vote for Steve seemed a little like a wolf needing to defend his vote with lots of stuff.

Though Nog suddenly is seeming rather furry, I believe Steve's lynch will shed more light on the game.

++ Steve

And goodnight.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:54 PM   #470
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
All right. Maybe I'm splitting hairs there. But it still doesnt seem all that imperative to cast a vote on someone she thought was innocent in order to save someone else who wasn't ahead in the vote count. And has she explained why she wanted to save him so badly?
It has absolutely nothing to do with wanting to save him so badly. I never said I wanted to save him really bad. I just wanted him here toDay more than my other choice.

So now I have to ask...why did you vote for BG? What made you suspect her so early on?
Old 07-28-2010, 10:06 PM   #471
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
It has absolutely nothing to do with wanting to save him so badly. I never said I wanted to save him really bad. I just wanted him here toDay more than my other choice.

So now I have to ask...why did you vote for BG? What made you suspect her so early on?
I didn't like the way she kept dropping by and saying nothing. It looked to me as if she was just trying to seem as if she was participating without sticking her neck out. The only other one on my radar was Mac, and as I said yesterDay I didn't want to vote him on Day 1, since I couldn't tell if it was a real suspicion I had or just the general uneasy feeling he always seems to give me.

And it's not looking as though Eönwê's going to be here toMorrow.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:13 PM   #472
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
I didn't like the way she kept dropping by and saying nothing. It looked to me as if she was just trying to seem as if she was participating without sticking her neck out. The only other one on my radar was Mac, and as I said yesterDay I didn't want to vote him on Day 1, since I couldn't tell if it was a real suspicion I had or just the general uneasy feeling he always seems to give me.

And it's not looking as though Eönwê's going to be here toMorrow.
I can see why you say that. The two I'd really like to hear about why they voted for BG are Wilwa and Mira. It doesn't look like I'll get an explanation from Wilwa tonight, and I'm not sure where Mira is.

No, it's not looking to good for Eonwe right now.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:21 PM   #473
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I should have been in bed long ago. I wouldn't mind seeing Eönwë lynched at this point, since my top suspect admittedly wanted to save him Day1. And I really don't know why Boro would have said that about him being a "Neg 4" for no reason.

I haven't changed my suspicion of tum, but this could shed some light on her, and maybe on Nog as well.

++Eönwë
Old 07-28-2010, 10:27 PM   #474
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Nope, don't really buy the theory that Autume's a wolf.

Don't buy the theory that Mac's a wolf.

Definitely don't buy the theory that Steve is a wolf.

I, however, am the wolfiest wolf that ever howled at the moon, therefore:

++Rikae

Seriously, I really hope toMorrow we can focus a little attention into the dark corners of this village, instead of on the over-examined and probably innocent loudmouths - and I have a novel to finish, so tschüss.

Last edited by Rikae; 07-28-2010 at 10:29 PM. Reason: yesterday=tomorrow
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:33 PM   #475
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Nope, don't really buy the theory that Autume's a wolf.

Don't buy the theory that Mac's a wolf.

Definitely don't buy the theory that Steve is a wolf.

I, however, am the wolfiest wolf that ever howled at the moon, therefore:

++Rikae

Seriously, I really hope toMorrow we can focus a little attention into the dark corners of this village, instead of on the over-examined and probably innocent loudmouths - and I have a novel to finish, so tschüss.
Classic! Can I just say I really like your vote.

I can totally see why you did it though. No one has jumped out at me as a wolf.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:37 PM   #476
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Notice 2.1

You all now have just under 2 hours to vote with about nine of you left to vote.

The voting tally is as follows:

Greenie ---> Mac
Shasta ---> Nog
Kath ---> Nog 2
Lalaith ---> Eonwe
Nog ---> Eonwe 2
Wilwa ---> Eonwe 3
Nienna ---> Eonwe 4
Zil ---> Eonwe 5
Rikae ---> Rikae (I really don't know what to say to this lol )
Old 07-28-2010, 10:41 PM   #477
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Loslote

I suspected her, but without really knowing why, so here's the analysis. She also seems to have been forgotten by everyone, so I hope this might change it a little.

She's the first to make actual points, which one could interpret as a wolf trying to look helpful and not banter too much. However, her following posts are rather "light" in points. A lot about roles etc. and a lot about people's possible hints.

Her first actual suspicion is only on page 4 - erroneously thinking Nerwen's hint might point to her being Persephone. She believes the theory that Eonwe is the cursed, but doesn't want to lynch him (sensible opinion, I think).

Makes a list which has everybody innocent except for slight suspicions towards me and Autume. (Not stepping on too many people's toes. However, it's just a mid-Day1 list.) Disagrees with me about Zeus's almightiness. (Being the most mighty and being almighty is not the same.) She agrees with me that we shouldn't lynch BG, and suggests me instead (and Autume). She keeps on stating to want to lynch me and her multiple times, and that I find very suspicious. In her list, Tum and me stood out as most suspicious, but it looked more like we were 2/10 in a sea of 1/10. Looking at #231, #234, #260, it really seems to me like she used the list to be able to justify singling out two and then being able to keep those around as prime suspects without having to answer any more questions about it.

She votes Eonwe since Tum and I are not going to be lynched, Eonwe is probably the cursed, and everybody else is still innocent. She notes that BG-voters need to be looked at. Sensible, but also convenient for a wolf who voted someone else. She covers the case of Eonwe being lynched by saying if he's innocent, we need to look at Nogrod (the unpicked cursed villager is an ordo in the tally. If the theory is right, we definitely would have lynched an innocent).

ToDay she starts with suppressed anger and a new list, which looks suspiciously like the old one, except that Nogrod is suspicious now, too. She backs off me a little bit. She suspects Nogrod because he didn't vote for Eonwe. Not exactly a great argument, but alright, except that she could have made the same point yesterDay, after his vote, already. But yesterDay she was content to carry only Tum and me around.

There are several things that could be both evil or good, but the way she handled her suspicions of Autume and me, talks about the BG-waggon and Eonwe's possible innocence (each on its own fine, but in combination it looks bad), and the reason for suspecting Nogrod look rather bad. Prime suspect now, since I lack other strong suspects at the moment.

Last edited by Macalaure; 07-28-2010 at 10:45 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-28-2010, 10:42 PM   #478
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

*tries to think of a polite word to describe the Eonwe-bandwaggon*
Old 07-28-2010, 10:50 PM   #479
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay, so I'm just thinking out loud here- I realize that from a cut and dry view Eonwe is the logical choice given the Seer death as well as the voting yesterday, but I also think that he should not win in a landslide. If he is in fact a WW, shouldn't we at least offer his mates a chance to save him (put at least one other person in position to be lynched)?

But I'm thinking that might not work, as given the strong wind that is blowing combined with the possible Boro dream, his mates are probably more than willing to throw him under the bus and simply hop on board, and thus if we lynch those who try to save him we'd just lynch innocents.

But of course I don't firmly believe he's even a WW anyway. I think Boro was probably the false Seer. Bleh. If Eonwe gets lynched and I've been wrong all along and Nog is proven correct, I'll be high on the lists tomorrow.

Anyway, earlier I was considering a campaign against a submarine (to try and bully them into talking more), but I found that I could not decide between our low posters as none of them particularly stood out as bad. But then that's the point of the submarines, isn't it? Please, I'd like to see more tomorrow from some of you!

All in all I feel that I haven't completely found my footing yet, however, I think I'm getting there slowly. At the least there are a few people that I'm beginning to move rather firmly into the innocent column, and that's a place to start. Mac seems rather good at this point. I like Nerwen. For how quiet she's been Folwren feels rather good to me. Meeper as well.

And Rikae votes for herself? Didn't like the idea of there being no Cobbler, eh? I'm not going to hold this against you at all, but be careful dearie- I can bet you a few people are going to use this against you tomorrow. You'd better be ready to fight off the lynch mob.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:50 PM   #480
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
On my way to sleep...

I need to revisit Nerwen, just for a short while. Promise.

I admit I was suspecting her for partly wrong reasons (for picking exactly Hades from all the other possibilities and thus being too fitting). The fact that it was just a play with "What the he**!" curse took that point off. But actually, like I said before, if she was Hades, it would make even more sense to use that cursing as the suspicions could be answered just the way she did - and to which both Rikae and tp pointed. So other than be less believable it turns out to be more believable.
Oh, well, I need to revisit Nogrod, just for a short while. Here we have another fine example of the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" reasoning to which I alluded yesterDay.

Thing is, Nog, I've been trying to think back to past games, and as far as I can remember, when you've played like this before, you've generally been a wolf. I well remember what I dubbed your "heads he's furry, tails he's a wolf" case on skip spence.

Or are you indeed just jet-lagged?

I agree, though, that it might be worth lynching Steve to see what he is. But then tum is looking increasingly wicked...

EDIT:X'd with a host.