The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-03-2010, 10:40 PM   #1081
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU GOT BACK!

I've been lonely and everybody's ganged up on me. Sort of.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:43 PM   #1082
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Was about to post this when I saw that Glirdan had shown up, so I figured why not. Here be a postie post about all this drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
You've selected the wrong virgin. Please collect your two cents from the tray labelled "fail" and try again.
And THERE's the post that Phantom's so cross about. (Incidentally, the joke that I'd planned to tell earlier was similar to this post, except more personal, so I decided to keep it to myself.) On some level of that personal level, it was supposed to be an in-joke for Phantom, meant mostly for his enjoyment (and Duck's should she ever trawl the game) and it fit so well right there that I decided I had to keep it.

Quote:
Clearly you're at least one, because you missed the only really important hint I ever gave.

Incidentally, since we're sharing, who are you then?

That's what I thought.
Meaning here that over half the village can't reveal anything at this point. If you've gleaned who I am, fine, go with it, I don't care.

The other part I shan't explain because it doesn't even matter.

Quote:
Needless to say, Foley, I....well, I can't, actually.

ETA: How ridiculous can I be here exactly? As long as I don't say "I am *censored*" I'm technically following the rules.
Needless to say, I don't do well when I'm frustrated. Foley asked me a question I couldn't answer, which I completely wanted to, so from then on (and slightly before, rather) the next few posts were just ridiculously obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Sorry for the outburst. I just lost my temper. I have never taken being called stupid very well.
And this is where I realized that Foley legitimately had no idea what was going on, and now thought that I was calling her stupid. I couldn't have that. I felt bad.

Quote:
Incidentally, all the "everyone else is stupid" talk? Biggest. Hint. Ever. (Besides the Risk and pancakes anyway.)
So I said that, thus letting her know that I wasn't calling her stupid, I was being in-character. Someone else said that before if memory serves me correctly, but I'm too lazy to look up the post at the moment. (The addition of Risk and pancakes being a huge hint was mostly a joke, by the way.)

See what I did there? An irresistable joke and the urge to make someone feel better about themself and I'm suddenly evil and cheap. *meeps* Subtlety works for only so long, and when innocents turn on the village there's very little to stop me from trying to help give the village an edge back. I never intended to straight up reveal anything, but with stress and lack of proper time and goading from a few people I was definitely more obvious than I intended, for which I apologize.

HOWEVER, the only thing this argument has done is make it really hard for anyone not to figure out my role. Fabulous.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #1083
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
In other words, you didn't outwardly reveal, thus still obeying the rules, thus having me not needing to Modfire you or anyone (except myself maybe because of my epic failures as of late...don't ask) and the game can go on.

BE ADVISED THAT IF THIS KEEPS UP I MAY MODFIRE OUT OF PURE SPITE! Yes, I'm in that kind of mood. Killer headache and stress do not mingle very well.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:51 PM   #1084
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
In other words, you didn't outwardly reveal, thus still obeying the rules, thus having me not needing to Modfire you or anyone (except myself maybe because of my epic failures as of late...don't ask) and the game can go on.

BE ADVISED THAT IF THIS KEEPS UP I MAY MODFIRE OUT OF PURE SPITE! Yes, I'm in that kind of mood. Killer headache and stress do not mingle very well.
Take an aspirin and go to bed? We'll play nice, I swear!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:14 PM   #1085
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

45 Minutes
Old 08-03-2010, 11:27 PM   #1086
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Mira

I know, this isn't very in-depth, and I'm sorry, but I'm really drained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper of Dol Guldur View Post
Agreed.

Wait. I just agreed with phantom. There is clearly something topsy turvy about the world today.

I need to go ponder that fact (aka go to work).
That....that really doesn’t happen. Topsy turvy, upside down indeed.

Quote:
Okay so three pages later, I'm pretty thoroughly confused (but what else is new) soo as per usual I'm just going to start talking.

I really don't see Boro's Zeus comment and Nerwen's Hades one as slips or hints of any kind. It's Day 1 of a Greek god themed game. There is nothing suspicious about working in banter, especially in the first few posts (which I think those were).

And now I shall go make myself a stupidly detailed cheatsheet chart of all the roles because that's what's been confusing me the most. I shall return!
From this I gather that Mira is either not a wolf or that she’s confused by who she’s working with. She doesn’t think the immediate hinting is an issue, and was obviously right about Boro and his “hint” meaning nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira, to Dun
I might be missing something here, but don't Zeus and Hera know who each other are? If that's the case then there's no reason for Borolover to be hinting to his counterpart.
She has a good point here. I’m convincing myself that she remembers this because of the chart she’s just made and not because she’s Zeus (mostly because if she was, I’d kill her). I refer to this point (sort of) later down the post though; I think it’s interesting how much she talks of Zeus, etc. At first I thought she might be Zeus, but later on I think she may have figured out who he is. Either way, she’s read up on the rules quite well.

Quote:
I'd have to disagree with you on that one, dear. What Mac said about Boro leaving a Lover hint does make sense (even though it took me fooorever to get). I'm still pretty convinced it was innocent banter, but it does make sense.

I'm also not stoked on this suspicion of Steve, for the same reasons as I wasn't stoked on suspecting Boro and Nerwen for what could very well be innocent Day 1 banter.

People I won't be voting for toDay:
Boro
Nerwen
Steve

(All for reasons previously stated.)
Shasta - I don't vote for people who don't appear. At least not Day 1.

Who I probably will be voting for toDay unless something better comes up within the next hour or so:
Blind Guardian - don't be posting that you want people to provide you with substance and then don't do anything to spark discussion.

EDIT: xed since the wilwa post I quoted. And bollox, that now looks suspiciously like bandwagoning.
Doesn’t mention over half the people in the game, and plans to vote BG (barring any developments) mostly because she’s unhelpful. She’s also the obvious choice, so....yeah.

Quote:
Before I forget:

++BG
Obvious choice. Not much to say here except for I rather expected it.

Quote:
Just for the record, I had decided my vote before I saw the rest of the votes. I wasn't going to change what I had been thinking for hours because it might look like I joined a bandwagon. Fairly certain my edit said something to that effect when I mentioned i x'ed with a whole ton of people. Side effect of having an awful attention span and leaving half completed windows open for extended periods of time. Just sayin'.
Explaining her vote and the fact that it x’d, and says that she’s not changing her mind just to make herself look better. This makes her look slightly better to me, so I’m hoping it’s not a double bluff of sorts, saying that she’s unconcerned about her voting record to shrug off those who would accuse her based upon it.

Quote:
I somehow completely missed this.

Well as far as not confusing me, he did an awful job. As for the "ere the night ends" bit, if I didn't know any better I'd suspect he thought I had a role that would be able to protect him. Unfortunately he overestimated me.

Side note: I haven't actually read anything beyond phantom's Boro post yet. Once I shower and get some food in me I'll finish catching up before work.
Commenting on Boro’s alleged hint to her (which I still don’t get, I don’t think).

Quote:
Hokay so. Work today was brutal. All I want is to sleep and not think. (Yes, that is my excuse for never being around).

The one solid(ish) thing that is sticking in my addled mind is that phantom is making a weird amount of sense. Usually he just confuses me and makes me want him dead. This could be considered a point of concern.

Also, still not all that stoked on Boro indicating that I'm a ranger. If I was, I'd be quite annoyed for being pointed out (and thus probably dead toNight) but the fact that I have no idea where he got that from whatsoever really concerns me. It also leads me to not put too much stake in the theories that Steve is a wolf and phantom is Zeus.

Of course, now with a lack of easy bandwagons to jump on, I'm at a total loss of who to vote for toDay. There's a legitimate chance I won't be voting in order to avoid another weak vote out of sheer annoyance.
Here’s an interesting theory for you. I know wolves can’t share their honeys’ names with each other, but Mira!wolf could have picked up on Phantom’s exchanges with Wilwa (if they exist) and figured out that he was sort of on their side. It would explain the “random” agreement they seemed to share. It would also make sense for her to thus dismiss said theory on the thread.

Like I said, weird. Just had to get it out of my brain.

Quote:
I've been thinking about sally's idea of flushing Hestia out. While originally I rejected it, after giving it some serious consideration I think it would be best to wait to do anything to that effect until if/when the village starts to flounder. As of now we're in decent shape, despite not having nabbed any furry ones yet. If things start getting desperate though, I'm all for it. Well, not necessarily all for it. As for it as one can be considering the circumstances.

Also, in a desperate attempt to not fall back asleep and have more weird dreams, I am going to go look at phantom
Doesn’t like my plan (fair enough) but says in the future it may be helpful. I’m rather interested to know what “circumstances” she’s talking about there.

In other news, looking at Phantom? Usually [/i]inspires[/i] bad dreams.

Quote:
Day One Phantom Analysis (deleted by Sally for space)

Based on just Day 1, however, phantom's looking rather sketchy to me. My problem lies mostly with his vote for Steve and his comment following it (282). I still have an issue with him making more sense than usual and not making me have strong homicidal feelings in his general direction, but it has been a while since he played. I'd rather not vote him toDay without getting to go through his Day 2 posts, but if a better option doesn't present itself, I probably will.

Oh, and next time I decide to analyze someone who posts this much, someone please punch me in the mouth. Day 2 will come either later tonight or tomorrow, assuming I'm still alive.
Her analysis is, except for the obvious places, actually pretty shining. Then Phantom looks “sketchy”, I’m assuming for his vote on Steve. That and his PMing comment actually do look fishy to me (and I’d somehow missed the PM comment before) so I’m not surprised that something like that makes her feel shifty about him. However, she’s still not ready to vote him.

Quote:
xSeeing as how I'm in this pretty content half-sleep watching Batman Forever, I'm just going to vote now so I don't fall asleep, miss deadline, and get modfired.

++phantom
And then she DOES vote him. Must not have been any better candidates?

Quote:
Ridiculous amount of family drama going on. No time to comment, but sort of read.

++Rikae

And the simple vote.

So basically she trusts Phantom, then votes him for lack of a better candidate, with two pieces of evidence that she’s found in the midst of an otherwise positive-ish looking case. She goes for the easy BG lynch on Day One (then again, most of us did, obviously) then for someone she knows won’t actually get lynched on Day Two. Day Three is mostly irrelevant but I’m still finding her record....interesting.

If Phantom’s Zeus, I’m thinking Mira might be a wolf.

So I give Mira a wolfiness rating of about six, more or less. I still think Kath might be a more promising lynch candidate though (and of course trying to lynch Mira toDay would be ridiculousy silly).

I'm going to vote in a bit. Back for that.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:35 PM   #1087
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I have enhanced weapons skills. Anyone care to see a demonstration?

The Brit goes first.

++Kath
Old 08-03-2010, 11:48 PM   #1088
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

12 minutes
Old 08-03-2010, 11:54 PM   #1089
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

So... Who else is left to vote?
Old 08-03-2010, 11:55 PM   #1090
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

You, Mira and Nerwen, both of which seem to be MIA
Old 08-03-2010, 11:58 PM   #1091
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Nerwen, m'dear? Which way are you voting?
Old 08-03-2010, 11:58 PM   #1092
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
ARRGH! Long post about Kath got eaten!

So, briefly:

I don't like the look of her, at all, but on the other hand, I don't particularly care for the members of her lynching party either. (Yeah, that incudes you Sally– who's to say your hints weren't one big bluff?)

And, then, no-one seems to be trying to save her, which isn't a great sign– though there's only two wolves left, it's true...
Old 08-04-2010, 12:01 AM   #1093
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

That's time people.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:04 AM   #1094
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

NOTE BEFORE READING: This Narration is mainly for the enjoyment of Kath, Wilwa and myself due to an....well, shall we say rather interesting Freudian Slip on my part

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Gods gathered at the end of the Day for another trying debate on what to do next. Suddenly, they all noticed Hestia sitting in a corner, rocking back and forth...back....and forth.............back...........and forth............................................. ...................When suddenly, she jumped up screaming in a terrible fright and started running around the room in a panic, looking for an exit. She finally found the caved in archway out of the Great Chamber and fled, all the down Mount Olympus and to the sea, where she saw a little rowing boat drifting on the shore.

She ran to it, heedless of the ice cold (and strangely colored) water around her. She hopped in the boat and began rowing out to sea, in an attempt to get away from Olympus, and the insanity that the place had brought to her. She couldn't take the visions like Apollo could. She was being driven mad by them.

She continued to row, and row. It wasn't until she was far out to sea that she finally started to slow down. She laid back and just stared up at the sky......

Hestia awoke with a start, frozen to the bone. She sat up and looked around her and noticed that the sea had completely frozen over. She reached over and touched the surface and drew it back in shock. The sea wasn't just frozen, but was frozen into a milky like substance...like ice cream. She started to clamber out, suddenly quite hungry and started scooping up handfuls of the sea, when she glanced quickly at the side of the boat and noticed the tiny print on the side that was the boat's name: TITANIC. And that's when it hit. A giant ball of ice cream landed right on top of her and The Titanic.

----------------------------------------------------------
BACK ON OLYMPUS

Everyone was gathered around Hestia who was asleep in a corner and pale as death (albeit, Thanatos and Hades are no that pale) and blue lips. Pan reached over and touched her and withdrew his hand quickly, already cold. She was already dead and there was nothing they could do about it.

Dead
Night 1 - Glirdan aka. Thanatos (Mod) - Scythe through the stomach
Day 1 - BeiGei aka. Aphrodite (Lover) - Suicide of a broken heart
Night 2 - Boro aka. Hermes (Seer) - Wings through the eyes
Day 2 - Eonwe aka. Only True Ordo - Plummeted to an untimely, mortal death
Day 3 - Nog aka. Poseidon (Unicorn) - Fish-fried by the other Gods
Night 4 - Lottie aka. Artemis (Hunter) - Face full of energy blast from Hera
Night 4 - Wilwa aka. Hera (Wolf Lover) - Pierced by Artemis's last shot
Day 4 - Tum aka. Apollo (Seer) - Killed by a bolt of lightning from Zeus
Day 4 - Mac aka. Hercules (Shirrif) - Pancaked by a piece of ceiling
Day 4 - Rikae aka. Ares (Wolf) - Left to freeze on the peak of Mount Olympus.
Night 5 - Greenie aka. Demeter (Protector of Youth) - Accidental beheading by Eros
Night 5 - Zil aka. Eros (Hunting Guardian) - Cross-carved stabbing
Day 5 - Kath aka. Hestia (Seer) - Killed by her own Titanic-was-actually-sunk-by-ice cream dream

Alive
Mira
Nienna
Nerwen
Folwren
Lalaith
Shasta
Phantom
Sally

Last edited by Glirdan; 08-12-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:05 AM   #1095
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Arrgh! I know I've missed DL.

No, it's not any kind of ploy. Sorry, my connection just started running so slow that the page is taking minutes to load each time. Just so you know, I'd decided to vote Kath after all.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:56 PM   #1096
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

The Fall of the Mighty

Pan was out patrolling the halls once again, hoping that like Eros, he would have the chance to step in and save someone. He hadn't seen any action yet and was hoping that it was coming his way soon. Pan rounded the next bend in the hall, sword in hand, ready to pounce if it was necessary. Yet Pan was always a clumsy fool, to the point where he had tripped over a pebble, once upon a time.

He continued to make his way down the hall when he heard something behind him. He stopped and listened. There was something slithering behind him. He held his sword firmly and turned around, swinging his sword....at thin air. In his excitement, he kept swinging and swinging, at nothing, eyes shut tight, backing up the whole time until he slipped on a pebble, fell back and landed on the floor, his sword flying into the air before plummeting back down and landing....right in Pan's gut.

--------------------------------------------------
THE NEXT DAY

As the Gods were emerging from their chambers, they all noticed Pan lying in the middle of the hallway with his sword sticking out of his gut. All of them thought it was the work of the traitors. Yet the traitors sat their snickering to themselves, for they WERE there when Pan had died.

Dead
Night 1 - Glirdan aka. Thanatos (Mod) - Scythe through the stomach
Day 1 - BeiGei aka. Aphrodite (Lover) - Suicide of a broken heart
Night 2 - Boro aka. Hermes (Seer) - Wings through the eyes
Day 2 - Eonwe aka. Only True Ordo - Plummeted to an untimely, mortal death
Day 3 - Nog aka. Poseidon (Unicorn) - Fish-fried by the other Gods
Night 4 - Lottie aka. Artemis (Hunter) - Face full of energy blast from Hera
Night 4 - Wilwa aka. Hera (Wolf Lover) - Pierced by Artemis's last shot
Day 4 - Tum aka. Apollo (Seer) - Killed by a bolt of lightning from Zeus
Day 4 - Mac aka. Hercules (Shirrif) - Pancaked by a piece of ceiling
Day 4 - Rikae aka. Ares (Wolf) - Left to freeze on the peak of Mount Olympus.
Night 5 - Greenie aka. Demeter (Protector of Youth) - Accidental beheading by Eros
Night 5 - Zil aka. Eros (Hunting Guardian) - Cross-carved stabbing
Day 5 - Kath aka. Hestia (Seer) - Killed by her own Titanic-was-actually-sunk-by-ice cream dream
Night 6 - Nienna aka. Pan (Ranger) - Tripped on a pebble and gutted by own sword

Alive
Mira
Nerwen
Folwren
Lalaith
Shasta
Phantom
Sally

Last edited by Glirdan; 08-12-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:03 AM   #1097
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Once again, as I did the beginning of yesterday, I will try and hint you all in the correct direction.

Greenie (aka Demeter) knew exactly who Persephone was (and still is). Given her lists throughout the game and her jump to conclusions about Mac being Hades, it is quite clear that Nerwen is Persephone. So- all you need to do is take a look back at day one and see who hints to Nerwen about being her lover. Of course you need only read posts by people who are still alive.

Once you find the hint, you'll know who Hades is, and thus which player to vote for.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:35 AM   #1098
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Once again, as I did the beginning of yesterday, I will try and hint you all in the correct direction.

Greenie (aka Demeter) knew exactly who Persephone was (and still is). Given her lists throughout the game and her jump to conclusions about Mac being Hades, it is quite clear that Nerwen is Persephone.
Interesting. I was prepared to go along with this yesterDay, as there was talk of my being a wolf, and at least I wouldn't get lynched if you thought I was Persephone. Now, however, I'd like to know what you're up to.

Or do you really think Greenie just assumed, "Oh yes, clearly we're dealing with Suicidal!Hades". Bit of a stretch, surely?
Old 08-05-2010, 05:17 AM   #1099
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Right, I´ve got to be off now (see Admin thread) but will hopefully be back in around 12 hours.
Phantom, I see what you´re saying but
1. I don´t have time to look over the thread...
2. if these hints are so obvious, why did no-one else pick up on them at the time?
Why didn´t Greenie herself, who is a smart cookie?
Anyway, I´m currently pursuing a line of thought which centres on Mira, I think she and her absence provide the key to a lot of questions. More later (car is packed, horn being hooted)
Old 08-05-2010, 07:31 AM   #1100
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I don't have time nor interest nor patience to comb the thread for hints. Just now. Maybe later if I have time to kill (ha!) I will.

As of now, I will note that if Kath were a true Seer and not a false one, her posts might come in useful. Yesterday, for instance, she voted pretty surely for Lalaith.

Gotta run, it's breakfast time.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:09 AM   #1101
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

So, I thought I'd look at Kath-Hestia on Days Four and Five (others are irrelevant), with a view to working out whether she was a true Seer, and if so, who she might have dreamed. I'd not like to make any guesses either way based on her single, very confused post on Day Two.

Kath, Day Four

#923. Missed Day Three "due to busyness and ... ahem ... drunkenness." Assures Zil she will not risk modfire because
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I'm not about to cause the player list to drop any further after toDay's happenings with a Shirriff AND our true Seer gone.
Is bewildered by Zeus's actions. Votes Rikae.

Comment: By Zeus! That "drunkeness" remark was unfortunate! There's not much to get out of this post, except that the reference to "our true Seer" may have been meant as a clue that Kath herself was false. (She should have known by then whether she was or not.)

#925. Lists roles and players.

#925 and #931. Analyses on various players– no really strong opinions and goes back and fourth quite a bit; sees Lalaith, Sally and I as most likely villains, and will look at us closer toMorrow. Doesn't think phantom is Zeus; thinks I or Lalaith might be, while Lalaith also might be Dionysus. Between these two posts she lists a total of eight(!) players as potential wolves, with no-one at all definitely innocent.

Comments: I don't think there are Seer-hints in here. It looks more like someone trying to puzzle things out, based on general impressions. She doesn't sound like she knows who anyone is.

#932. Banter: tells Sally she's beaten her at making a role-list.

Kath, Day Five

#991. Denies her drunkenness comment was a hint. Explains to Folwren how we know Hestia chose a Seer. Sally might be Zeus. Jokes about lynching tp. Foley, if a wolf, deserves to win; Mira doesn't. Doesn't think Foley and I are packmates.

#996. Tells Folwren the phantom (#994) was just kidding.

#1000. Lalaith, Shasta, Sally and Foley might be wolves, though Sally is more likely Dionysus or Zeus. She has no idea about Nienna. Mira is too uninvolved to be a wolf.

#1005. Analyses votes. Concludes Lalaith and I are the most likely wolves, based on our votes. Also thinks Mira could be a wolf, because of her "sudden burst of energy on Day 3".

Comments: This is going to sound petty, but I'm still annoyed at how careless and inaccurate Kath's analysis was– see my response at #1034 for details. Yes, I'm sorry we went and lynched her, but all the same...

Last post: Votes Lalaith.

General Comments: That Lalaith, Sally and Folwren show up more than once in Kath's "might be a wolf" category is slightly eyebrow-raising; however she also lists the first two as likely Zeuses and Dionysuses, while she's just lukewarm about Folwren. Besides, Hestia wasn't forbidden to reveal. (Also, she has me as a wolf-suspect, and I happen to know I'm not one– but that's of course arguing from my own point of view.) Consistent about phantom's non-Zeus-hood (says this twice, and never changes her mind). Those are the only possible hints I can see there, and they're pretty thin.

Conclusion: I don't think Kath picked tum to dream. There's nothing that looks to me like a real Seer-hint, and in fact I think she deliberately left at least one to the contrary (#923).

EDIT: X'd with Foley.
EDIT: Changed "Like a Seer-hint" to "like a real Seer-hint".

Last edited by Nerwen; 08-05-2010 at 08:24 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:23 AM   #1102
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
As of now, I will note that if Kath were a true Seer and not a false one, her posts might come in useful. Yesterday, for instance, she voted pretty surely for Lalaith.
That's what I thought, too– but after analysing her I don't think it likely.

(This doesn't prove Lalaith isn't a wolf, of course– but I don't think Kath dreamed of her.)
Old 08-05-2010, 10:20 AM   #1103
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

ToDay’s plan: get rid of Hades. Hephaestus is not necessarily aware of Persephone, so there is a chance (though obviously a slim one) that Hephaestus would kill her toNight rather than one of us. (Besides, Persephone doesn’t get a revenge kill, and I don’t really care if she knows an extra role.) If Hephaestus is killed, Hades and Persephone will live to see toMorrow and we’ll be at end game again toMorrow. We could also kill Persephone, but if we do that we’ll still have two wolves on the prowl and will, again, be back at end game come the next Dawn.

Also....

Kath's dead. Bugger. I was hoping either that I'd be right or that I'd be wrong and that people would overrule my vote for her. Where were you guys anyway? (I ask this because I know Phantom was online, and I thought Mira would be popping up to vote at the least.)

Nienna's dead. Bugger. I called that one. Poor muffin.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:27 AM   #1104
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Yes, I know the above post came out of nowhere. But I have a point.

Athena: Good. Killing her would be bad.

Dionysus: Good unless turned. Oh, and might not even exist any longer.

Hades: Bad, and has a fangirl. If he's alive, he's a force of two. If he dies, nothing really happens of horrid consequence.

Hebe: Good. Killing her would be bad.

Hephaestus: Bad, with no special shinyness of any kind. However, keep in mind what I said about Hades above before you consider Festy (wtmc, brain?!) the biggest threat.

Persephone: Bad, but only powerful with Hades. If we kill her, Hades kills one of us. Killing her is suicide.

Zeus: Clearly crazy, but harmless and counts in the ordo tally. Thus good. Killing him, while funny, would be bad.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:28 AM   #1105
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
1. I don´t have time to look over the thread...
2. if these hints are so obvious, why did no-one else pick up on them at the time?
Why didn´t Greenie herself, who is a smart cookie?
You answered your own question, m'dear. It was only one single event, and it's buried beneath hundreds of other posts. "Time to look over the thread" is exactly what is required here. No one has spotted it simply because no one has done more than skim it.

But now that we have so few players, I'm sure you'll find who hinted to Nerwen about being her lover. Just go back and read Day 1 posts made by living players. You don't have to read Nerwen's posts, of course, as she's Persephone. You don't have to read mine, as I'm the one telling you to look. So that leaves Lalaith, Folwren, Shasta, Sally, and Mira. Neither of those five wrote a book on Day 1, so the task isn't terribly daunting.

Time to find Hades, folks. *looks up* And I see Sally agrees on that.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #1106
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

And you can rule me out, since I just said to kill Hades. I'm just sayin'.

In other news, back to work. I'll return in about six hours.

ETA: Also, if someone could give me a grand vote count they'd be my hero! If not, I'll try to post one when I get back.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #1107
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
You answered your own question, m'dear. It was only one single event, and it's buried beneath hundreds of other posts. "Time to look over the thread" is exactly what is required here. No one has spotted it simply because no one has done more than skim it.

But now that we have so few players, I'm sure you'll find who hinted to Nerwen about being her lover. Just go back and read Day 1 posts made by living players. You don't have to read Nerwen's posts, of course, as she's Persephone. You don't have to read mine, as I'm the one telling you to look. So that leaves Lalaith, Folwren, Shasta, Sally, and Mira. Neither of those five wrote a book on Day 1, so the task isn't terribly daunting.

Time to find Hades, folks. *looks up* And I see Sally agrees on that.
Phantom, whatever you're up to, you don't sound like you're trying to help the village here. If you really think you've spotted Hades, then why don't you just point to the post in question, instead of making the other players jump through hoops for you? (No, I don't know who you think it is, either.)

Seriously: why, if I were Persephone, would Greenie think Mac of all people was Hades? He tried to lynch me on Day One. Is Greenie supposed to have thought that was all an act, and he was somehow sending me lover-hints in the middle of it? Tell you what, it looked pretty sincere from where I am.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:06 PM   #1108
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
K, I'm looking over Lal's first posts of the game...

Things that stick out to me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith's first post
Some are already grouped and paired and so know more than others, others are searching for mates.
But...of all her posts, that's all that shows. And it's not much.

Next!

Found nothing on Keeper.

Next!

Looking at Shasta, I think I see what Phantom keeps talking about.:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta, post 248
Re: Nerwen and Nogrod - to be honest, I think they're the standard two innocent vs. innocent that generally appear during day one. The light of my life is smarter than to openly announce that she's Hades, I think. And Nogrod has a tendency to go after one person early on regardless of their alignment (I would know, ).
I didn't even emphasize those words. He did.

So, is this our man?
Old 08-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #1109
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Phantom, whatever you're up to, you don't sound like you're trying to help the village here. If you really think you've spotted Hades, then why don't you just point to the post in question, instead of making the other players jump through hoops for you? (No, I don't know who you think it is, either.)
No, he's being a real snob about it. I don't know if that's just him, or if he doesn't care if we win or not.

Quote:
Seriously: why, if I were Persephone, would Greenie think Mac of all people was Hades? He tried to lynch me on Day One. Is Greenie supposed to have thought that was all an act, and he was somehow sending me lover-hints in the middle of it? Tell you what, it looked pretty sincere from where I am.
Nerwen, you may not want us to think your Persephone, because if we get that idea out of our heads, p'raps we won't find Hades and if we don't, then your lover group might just win.

On the other hand, Phantom might be Persephone, Nerwen could be Hades, and then where we be? I like that idea, however unlikely it is. Mwahahaha.

-- Foley
Old 08-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #1110
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay, fine. Since you're insisting that I do so, Nerwen. *grumbles*

Greenie knew who Persephone was. The only person she listed as a non-Wolf in every single list she made was Nerwen. That means she is Persephone. End of story.

From Day 1-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Re: Nerwen and Nogrod - to be honest, I think they're the standard two innocent vs. innocent that generally appear during day one. The light of my life is smarter than to openly announce that she's Hades, I think.
So yeah. There's Hades.

No doubt the remark can be given an explanation or a story to put it in context, but that does not mean innocence, it simply means there is a cover story.

(edit: x-post with Folwren. Yay! She already gave the quote.)
Old 08-05-2010, 12:13 PM   #1111
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Haha, I beat you to it! Nyaw, Nyaw!
Old 08-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #1112
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
No, he's being a real snob about it. I don't know if that's just him, or if he doesn't care if we win or not.
Meh, kind of both.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #1113
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Mmn. This is getting interesting. Folwren, there's no way you could know that kind of talk is a running gag between Shasta and me– but phantom does. Oh yes, I do wonder what he is.

Meanwhile, phantom I suspect the fact that Greenie kept listing me as a non-wolf meant she, um... thought I wasn't a wolf. Sometimes things are that simple.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:23 PM   #1114
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Anyway, I have to go now, but I'll be back later. Good night.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:31 PM   #1115
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Meanwhile, phantom I suspect the fact that Greenie kept listing me as a non-wolf meant she, um... thought I wasn't a wolf. Sometimes things are that simple.
And if things truly are that simple, then that would mean that anyone she lists as a possible Wolf at any point is, in her mind, a possible Wolf. Correct?

Now, if she knows someone is Persephone, is that person a possible Wolf? No. Therefore, using your logic, anyone that Greenie ever lists as a possible Wolf cannot be Persephone. But guess what? She lists everyone as a possible Wolf. Except you.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:15 PM   #1116
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Okay, fine. Since you're insisting that I do so, Nerwen. *grumbles*

Greenie knew who Persephone was. The only person she listed as a non-Wolf in every single list she made was Nerwen. That means she is Persephone. End of story.

From Day 1-

So yeah. There's Hades.

No doubt the remark can be given an explanation or a story to put it in context, but that does not mean innocence, it simply means there is a cover story.

(edit: x-post with Folwren. Yay! She already gave the quote.)
Here and reading (I got off early today). Right, phantom, because Nerwen and I don't talk like that every single game.

Moving on...

Nerwen is, I think, innocent. I'm fairly sure I know who Phantom is, and that he's innocent (although crazy, like Sally said). Sally is Athena and thus innocent (unless she's a wolf and knows that the real Athena can't actually counter-reveal... given the way Glirdan treated not modkilling her, I wonder if that's actually the case?) Lalaith has done nothing to mitigate the suspicions on her I had yesterday, and I think Kath being Hestia makes her look worse. Mira I could almost vote for on principle - where is she and why hasn't she been modkilled yet? Folwren is a misled innocent, I'm pretty sure.

More later, but I'm fairly sure I'm going to have to vote fairly early again today.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:40 PM   #1117
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Right, I'm back.
The Mira-related things that were bothering me were as follows:
1. I have been working on the premise that Sally is innocent, because no-one has counter-challenged her "hints". But then I thought, what if she had somehow worked out that the AWOL Mira was a wise virgin and thus she could safely make the claim in her absence? During a long and boring drive today I went through all of this and I can't see how Sally could have been so sure, so I'm back to base assuming she actually is what she's been hinting she is.
Then..the second train of thought....
2. Why have these last 2 pesky wolves been so hard to catch?
a.The AWOL issue raised its head again...surely at least one of them must be quiet...so therefore who is the quietest?? The absent players very rarely get lynched, particularly late in to the game.
b. Then I thought, surely wouldn't Mira's non-involvement imply a non-role? But then I thought, everyone left in this game has a role of some kind. So that premise doesn't actually stand up. Particularly as Mira has a tendency of not voting one day and then voting the next, and thus avoiding modfire.
c. So then I thought, following on from that, why hasn't Mira been night-killed yet? Presumably, particularly at the point when we had two rangers on our side, the wolves must surely have been going for someone who wasn't likely to be protected.
So, the upshot of all of this is, its difficult to stand up an argument for Mira being a wolf, given her lack of play and posts, on the other hand I can't see one good reason why Mira *isn't* a wolf.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:28 PM   #1118
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I can understand not wanting to rule Mira out as a Wolf, but really, there's no need to worry about her on this day. Focus on the easier lynch, and then it'll really be time to get down to work on the others. For what it's worth I'm pretty darn sure Mira is fine.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #1119
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Oh, and I think someone ought to say this-

WE NEED TO BANDWAGON TODAY

There are two Werewolves and a Lover. They can vote together. If we split our votes this game is over. Completely and totally over.

If ONE innocent person votes wrong, we're done.

If ONE innocent person votes right, but for a different candidate, we're done.

So yeah, if you're up in the air about Lalaith, Folwren, Sally, or me, or someone else, today is NOT the day to test things. Find your best bet at Hades and go for it. Does anyone have a more convincing Hades argument than I have put forth?

Last edited by the phantom; 08-05-2010 at 03:33 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:46 PM   #1120
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Oh, and I think someone ought to say this-

WE NEED TO BANDWAGON TODAY

There are two Werewolves and a Lover. They can vote together. If we split our votes this game is over. Completely and totally over.

If ONE innocent person votes wrong, we're done.

If ONE innocent person votes right, but for a different candidate, we're done.

So yeah, if you're up in the air about Lalaith, Folwren, Sally, or me, or someone else, today is NOT the day to test things. Find your best bet at Hades and go for it. Does anyone have a more convincing Hades argument than I have put forth?
You've put forth an argument? I must have missed it somewhere. Let's see...

1 - Your argument is based on believing that Nerwen is Persephone and that I 'hinted' at her.

1a - Nerwen may very well not be Persephone - you're assuming that.

1b - Me calling Nerwen the 'light of my life' was not a hint, it was banter, much like Nerwen's initial "What in Hades?". You're assuming that, as well.

1c - (logical conclusion) Your argument is based on two assumptions, one of which I know to be faulty (from my perspective, obviously).

Besides all that, if you're really who I think you are, we shouldn't be listening to you anyway.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote