Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2002, 12:44 PM   #81
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Sting

Quote:
What we rapidly have shaping up here is an entire kingdom of elf-girls with attitudes and tragic histories!
What did you expect, Gil, after all the Legolas-droolers that have taken over the BD chat? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

You realize, Gil, that you have destroyed my character with your latest post. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I was hoping to maintain my ruse for a bit, but now Micanar is cracking for real. It is going to take a bit longer to post again as I reconsider the next moves...

Thenamir of Rohan,
Director of the Rohan Institute for Incomplete Research.

"According to the latest study, nine out of ten."

[ April 03, 2002: Message edited by: Thenamir ]
Old 04-03-2002, 02:25 PM   #82
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Anarya SilverBranch has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
What we rapidly have shaping up here is an entire kingdom of elf-girls with attitudes and tragic histories!
Anarya doesn't have a tragic history or an attitude! She's just an innocent adolescent elf girl who makes arrows [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Please don't condem me to a personality I don't posess [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
J.K [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2002, 04:35 PM   #83
QuickSlash
Wight

QuickSlash has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to QuickSlash Send a message via Yahoo to QuickSlash
Question

Ummm, I was wondering where I could join. I was looking at a few of the RPGs, and seems that you've closed it to new members. I'd love to try things out, and actually have some RP experiance, just not Tolkien. Thanks for putting up with me. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2002, 05:46 PM   #84
Mayla Took
Wight

Mayla Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Mayla Took
Thumbs up

QuickSlash, your always welcome to intercept me on the road to Dale or anytime you like! But if you feel more at ease in Mirkwood, than just jump in there! Have fun!
Bilbo to Merry and Pippin

"Fool of a Took! This is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party. Throw yourself in next time, and then you will be no further nuisance. Now be quiet!"
Gandalf to Pippin in Moria

E-mail me at mailto:ThirdAgeHobbit@hotmail.comThirdAgeHobbit@hotmail.com</A>
Oh, and please rate me. THANKS!
Old 04-04-2002, 08:20 AM   #85
Genandra of Mirkwood
Pile O'Bones

Genandra of Mirkwood has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Re Legolas-droolers...well, I was enamored with elves when Orlando Bloom was in grade school. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] We do have a very female cast it seems- just means the guys will have to write a bit more. Just curious, is it kosher to have one person writing two characters??

[ April 04, 2002: Message edited by: Genandra of Mirkwood ]
Old 04-05-2002, 02:55 AM   #86
Nice-Smeagol
Animated Skeleton

Nice-Smeagol has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Quote:
Please! No more new players after this post! Anyone who has posted so far can join, just jump in on the MIRKWOOD RPG post and start writing.
Does this mean I can join, since I posted before you posted this post.
If I can, does somebody want to find my character talking to himself in the woods (the orcs torture left him a little unhinged).

I'm evil I know, but hey, who's gonna stop me! Bwahahahahahahaha!
Old 04-05-2002, 05:02 AM   #87
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dűm

Thalionyulma has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ohh shucks Gil,
isn't there a saying "the more the merrier", right? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Of course its just going to be next to impossible trying to control all the "going-ons". Not to mention editing all this stuff - but hey! Don't you just love a challenge? (bwahahahah!) [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Just a suggestion: how about if the new characters side with Micanar? I was thinking of making an additional character - a nemesis of sorts (an orc, most probably) to my character Rűdhchamion. I don't seem to see any around... would that be permissable?

I'll post more info on this char. next time - I got to research more on orcs. Er, that is if its alright with you.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ April 05, 2002: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]
Old 04-06-2002, 04:16 PM   #88
LúthienTinúviel
Haunting Spirit

LúthienTinúviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to LúthienTinúviel Send a message via AIM to LúthienTinúviel
Sting

Ok, Smeagol. I'll (Tinuiel) find you. I need to do some walking and thinking after overhearing that conference.
from dawn to dusk, from sun to sea.

http://www.thereandbackagain.net
Old 04-07-2002, 04:55 AM   #89
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

cheeto,
i know your character Novannon is Anarya's friend, but how does she look like?

Genandra,
aawwww, i thought you felt sorry for the "Wild One"...
sorry Sauche thought she would be helping... hehehehe *chuckles mischievously* [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

i'd always thought hobbits were free from tragedies, most of the time... i'm now both troubled and intrigued

What happened to Rinurion and Lhunaglar????

[ April 07, 2002: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]
Old 04-07-2002, 11:34 AM   #90
Genandra of Mirkwood
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Wanted to give a bit more time in case a daring rescue was afoot.
Old 04-07-2002, 11:59 AM   #91
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Thalionyulma,
Whose supposed to be in the woods anyway? I played along with it but I'm still clueless.
Old 04-07-2002, 02:55 PM   #92
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Sting

Gilthalion,

I am grieved that I only lately have discovered the RPGs. I have no experience in RPG, but I do have writing experience, and I think I'd enjoy this. Is there any possiblity I can join? If not on the Mirkwood one, what should I do?

I see what you mean about having too many elven women/girls. It is rather unrealistic, is it not? Hmm...Although I'd rather be an elf, I can be...a hobbit? Mayla's character perhaps could use some companionship. I don't really know, that was just off the top of my head...I would say I'd like to help in any way I can, I'm not sure if I can handle writing a male character...at least not yet. However if that's what you need (and it appears it is) give me the go-ahead and I'll take my best shot at it.

Either way, it's been a pleasure and I really enjoyed reading what's up so far. Keep up the good work, everyone!
Old 04-07-2002, 04:19 PM   #93
Mayla Took
Wight

Shield

Nuranar, welcome! I don't mind having another character in the RPG (but of course it is not my call)! I am supposed to link of with Dwarin Thunderhammer and his Dwarf wife in Dale and work it out from there. By the way, Dwarin, are you still alive? Anyway, I would be happy to have you along if you don't want to be in Mirkwood. I left an opening for an Elf encouter on the way to Dale if you want to step in there. What ever you want, I just want to let you know that your welcome with me as I am sure you are with everyone else here! I will posting again soon. Good luck!

"Fool of a Took! This is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party. Throw yourself in next time, and then you will be no further nuisance. Now be quiet!"

Old 04-08-2002, 01:49 AM   #94
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

Anarya,
actually, i was trying to make an opening for the other elf-lads (perhaps a patrol-with Lhunaglar or even Rinurion, might join in, seems they might be busy elsewhere) to join us. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
but Novannon mentioned "mortal" - so i guess we aren't as close to the "city" as i thought, that threw me off, that's for sure, hahahaha [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] . wonder how would they (men) have gotten through all those patrols?

let's just continue and go with the flow, ladies - as Gilthalion would say...

**Young Anarya, notice how Tinuiel seems to hold your arrows in high esteem?** [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Gil, you're going to have a dandy time editing all this! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

[ April 08, 2002: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]
Old 04-08-2002, 06:59 AM   #95
Serenide

Sting

i would also like to be in this too...
im Serenide and im a silvan elf, im quite young (295 years old), my parents were from mirkwood but they left when i was born, ive never set foot in mirkwood since i was 5 years old...i have redish-black hair, i am on the short side and im more of a tomboy than an elven-maiden...my weapons are a bow and arrows, and 2 silver daggers on my boots.
i would really appreciate it if you tell me when to start posting.

Old 04-08-2002, 12:39 PM   #96
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Gilthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Serenide Sorry! Full up on elf-girls at the moment.

Nuranar I hate to make exceptions, but we might edit you in as a middle-aged hobbit woman, a nurse-maid who looks after Mayla Took.

This RPG is moving along with a lot of subplots. I have no idea who these mysterious hooded mortals are. I'm going to allow it, because it looks good. But please, try not to introduce new subplots without some communication with me.

As for editing, most of that will take place when we convert the RPG to a Fan Fic.

"Time! Time!" cried Bilbo. That's exactly what I need more of, too! I'll try to make more for this RPG. I confess that I am surprised (and a little pleased) at all of the folk who want to take part. But there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

Please! Now this time I really mean it! NO MORE NEW CHARACTERS!
Old 04-08-2002, 01:53 PM   #97
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

So this is going to be like one of those other fan fics on the site from rpgs? Cool! I didn't know that [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

(I know, just call me a ditz and get it over with [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img])
Old 04-09-2002, 05:53 PM   #98
QuickSlash
Wight

QuickSlash has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to QuickSlash Send a message via Yahoo to QuickSlash
Sting

That's what I was asking, if this is full, are any of the other RPGs still open? I saw that you didn't want new chars here, but I'd love to RP. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Sorry, don't mean to be a burden.
Old 04-09-2002, 07:53 PM   #99
Mayla Took
Wight

Ring

I would love to share a writing pad with Nuranar. I am in the middle of my next post, sould I make some changes and just add her in or should we meet in Dale? What would you like Nuranar? And what is acceptable to you Gilthalion?

Old 04-09-2002, 08:23 PM   #100
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Mayla, I'm okay with whatever you want to do. I'm just going to be a companion on your journey, not a guiding character. How do you want to collaborate?
Old 04-09-2002, 08:45 PM   #101
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Sting

Lets make changes and edit her in. Then let things work from there. I have no guidance on how you two should interact. Try to play it like hobbits from the Shire in over your heads. If you're not yet in too deep, you will be!
Old 04-10-2002, 01:57 AM   #102
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

Gil,
sorry about the "mortals" lurking about, i kind of started it, but it wasn't meant to be a subplot... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] i said "a small group of elves, come out from the other side of the path..."- along the way they musta morphed into hooded mortals somehow! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] heheheh!

Hey gang! (namely, all the lovely elf maidens I've met so far in the woods),
I'm kind of getting bored so I've inserted a tiny scuffle with some "bad creatures", it shouldn't last long. Let's test our fighting skills... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

QuickSlash,
wish you'd have gotten in earlier [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ April 10, 2002: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]
Old 04-10-2002, 11:08 AM   #103
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Leighlei has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Leighlei
Sting

Could someone hurry up and save me please? I feel like an idiot...I have no reason to post.
Old 04-10-2002, 01:55 PM   #104
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

I'm sorry Leighlei [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] ! We are trying to get to the prison, but the bat things just came and stuff, but I promise we are going to get to that prison! We'll get you out just hang in there!!!
In the mean time it would be cool if you could start up a conversation with a fellow inmate or something so you don't feel so very idle.
Old 04-11-2002, 09:57 AM   #105
Genandra of Mirkwood
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Gilthalion- feel free to edit me out, if that would make room for new characters or men. And I'm editable at this point. I'll watch the action with bated breath but from the sidelines. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-11-2002, 07:46 PM   #106
Mayla Took
Wight

Thumbs up

Okaie dokie! Nuranar, just let me know what character name you want and I will edit you in ASAP. I have a couple of middterms and research papers I am working on, so I'm sorry if I am alittle slower than usual.

Old 04-12-2002, 12:48 PM   #107
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Mayla, no problem. You're not the only one with midterms and research papers! Poor us! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
As for my name...I was thinking Daffililly Bunce (I was playing with the name generator.) I am a minor character; should I offer comic relief, or should I be a genuine friend to you? I can do either. As a matter of fact, I'll just take my cue from the line you take when you edit me in. Thanks so much! Good luck!
Old 04-13-2002, 01:55 AM   #108
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

That was fun! Let's do that again (er, later on in the story that is...)

We're on our way Leighlei/Sauche...
Old 04-15-2002, 01:59 PM   #109
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Sting

YAY!
~does a happy dance!!!~
Old 04-15-2002, 05:46 PM   #110
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Nice-Smeagol, I just wanted to point this out to you but you keep spelling my name Anyara instead of Anarya. Just wanted to say something because you had done it twice and it was just sort of bugging me [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2002, 07:32 PM   #111
Mayla Took
Wight

Sting

Nuranar,if you are eager to get started on the RPG editing and story, please feel free to e-mail me with what you would like. You can even write up somthing for me to edit in! Just feel free to let me know!

Old 04-16-2002, 04:44 AM   #112
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

alright! Rűdhchamion finally entering the halls... hope its not into a prison cell Sauche [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2002, 06:07 AM   #113
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

~squeals happily and leaps onto her rescuer, riding him like a pony.~ FINALLY! FREEDOM!
Old 04-17-2002, 09:17 AM   #114
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Told you you'd get out soon! Sorry I wasn't there to see it [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Tinuiel sent me with old Lets-go-kill-the-king
J.K Nice-Smeagol J.K [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2002, 04:55 PM   #115
LúthienTinúviel
Haunting Spirit

Send a message via ICQ to LúthienTinúviel Send a message via AIM to LúthienTinúviel
Sting

Hey, Leighli--I was thinking that maybe you'd drop your weapon and come with me. I was thinking I'd take both you and Thalionyulma before Thranduil together. I don't know if you want to fight the guards, but I think it'll be a little unconvincing if Thranduil decides not to kill you after that. Let me know what you want to do.

Thalionyulma--Do you mind the turn of events? I won't let Thranduil kill you or anything. I just figured that if you ever wanted to get inside the castle, you'd have to go through Thranduil.

Anarya, Novannon--Sorry I just sent you away. I figured we needed to split up. Feel free to join us again when you feel it's appropriate. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Maybe we should kill (I don't mean that literally [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) 3 birds with one stone and bring Mornovarion before Thranduil with Sauche and Rűdhchamion.

Oh sheesh. This is getting complicated. What do you guys want to do? Oh, and if you don't like anything I've posted about your characters, just let me know and I'll edit the post. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~Lúthien

Old 04-20-2002, 06:17 AM   #116
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

Tinuiel, its okay with me... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
how about you Leighlei? but a short scuffle i think is in order (please don't stay mad long at Rűdhchamion, Sauche!) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

i think its a good idea... we'll be on time for Thranduil's "marching orders".... should Gil remember that he said they'd be out soon. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I'm kind of wondering where the other guy-elves are though.... sheez what happened to Lhunaglar & Rinurion?
Old 04-20-2002, 07:08 AM   #117
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

It's all good! Say you'll help me, thn attack me and knock me out or something...OU! You can do that and pretend to otake me to justice and crap just to help me escape. Or not. Wuteva! Tankies 4 asking!
Old 04-20-2002, 07:21 AM   #118
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Okay FYI I fixed my post just so theres no confusion...I dropped my weapon...Yo T you hit me or sumpin cuz Im doing a poor job of holding you hostage [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] ... OKAY THEN!

[ April 20, 2002: Message edited by: Leighlei ]

[ April 20, 2002: Message edited by: Leighlei ]
Old 04-20-2002, 01:05 PM   #119
LúthienTinúviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Hit you? Ok...you asked for it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] (I hope the T stood for Tinuiel and not Thalionyulma, but I guess the result would be the same anyway.

Hey Leighlei~ I left it open for you to wake. I need you to give me something to work with because as it is, I don't think Tinuiel would just disobey the laws of her country and let you escape. But if you can convince her that you're not evil, like Rűdhchamion did, then I know she'd be more than willing to put in a good word with you with Thranduil...speaking of whom..

Hmm...Hey Gil..you gonna step in as Thranduil, or do we have to write him in ourselves?

Oh, and I've had another brilliant idea. So, maybe not brilliant, but it's an idea. What if Tinuiel brings Sauche and Rűdhchamion before Thranduil (and Anarya, Novannon and Mornovarion conveniently show up at the same time [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]), then... Thranduil is angry at Tinuiel for breaking the law multiple times in favor of the three stranger. Oh, of course he'll be angry with Anarya and Novannon as well. But in Thranduil's wisdom (perhaps influenced by a good word put in for them by Tinuiel's friend, Legolas?) he decided that as punishment for all of them...and that's where Gil's orders come in. I don't know. I just thought that maybe the King would set us on the mission to prove our faith. What do you guys think?

[ April 20, 2002: Message edited by: LúthienTinúviel ]

Old 04-20-2002, 09:12 PM   #120
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Sting

Bring the elf girl before the King, and you will see the justice of Thranduil!