Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2003, 01:37 PM   #81
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

"Well, Gondor, Rohan, all over Arnor, Ithilien, Rivindell and Mikwood. But never to Lothlorien....never.." Well this was going well she kept reminding herself of things she didnt want reminding of!

"Harad, it barren, a waste land, tribes men wil rip you apart. But my mothers village now, any one was welcome. You were treated as royalty!"

[ March 15, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]
Old 03-15-2003, 01:43 PM   #82
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

PoWa has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Fili orderd another pint and said;"Oh! I never been in Mirkwood!
In Lorien they gave me a home for a while and they even let me see Galadriel!
She was so beautiful I just stand there and watched with open mouth."

Fili felt much better when they didnt talk about backgrounds and sadness about life.
Mylasia looked happy to.
"So how was Mirkwood then?", he asked Mylasia
Old 03-15-2003, 01:52 PM   #83
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

"Mirkwood, is wonderful. It has so much memory and history. It has seen so much evil but is still amazing. And the halls of Thranduil are beauty beyond words!" she sighed, "But alas we could not tarry there unless we whished to be found. But let us not think of sad times!"

She combed back her hair with her hand and looked a Fili. "We nearly visited Erebor, but that place was watched, what a shame I could not have been there!"

[ March 15, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]
Old 03-15-2003, 01:59 PM   #84
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Fili smiled and said; "I must show you it some day." He took another bite of his chicken when a woman came intot he Inn.
She had a black cape and didnt show her face.
She just walked through and sat down beside them.
She removed her cape and Fili noticed a scar like a cross over her left eye.

"And who are you, miss...?", Fili said.
The woman opened her mouth to say something but didnt say anything and instead she was quiet staring at Mylasia.
Who was she?

[ March 16, 2003: Message edited by: PoWa ]
Old 03-15-2003, 02:02 PM   #85
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Mylasia would have loved to go to Erebor, but it was too risky. That place was guarded heavily, though she did not want to say this to the dwarf.

"Would you excuse me master dwarf while I go and get a drink?"

"Why certainly!! Could you get me an ale while you are up there?"

Mylasia smiled, nodded her head and made her way to the bar. She ordered her drinks and the came to sit back down next to Fili.

"Thank you." he said politely just before taking a sip from the ale. They sat for another hour or so discussing life about the Shire. As this topic of conversation drew to a close a woman came and sat down next to them.

"Hello! And who might you be?" said Fili. They both smiled and waited for and answer. Then Mylasia realised that she was staring at her. It made her feel very uncomfortable.

"Fili! We have talked all day now. I need to out to the woods and have target practice with my bow. For if I will forget if I do not!" and with that she got up and left.

"Fili!" she shouted from the door, "Dont worry I will be back in good time, wait for me if you wish!"

[ March 16, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]
Old 03-15-2003, 02:24 PM   #86
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Please note that short, chatty style posts are not encouraged in the Green Dragon, or in any RPG on the Downs.

See Rule # 3 in the Red Book of Westmarch:

Quote:
3. Chat-style abbreviations are not allowed. For example, say "How are you today?" not "How r u 2day". Short chat-style posts which encourage other players to post in a chatty style are also not allowed. Be descriptive, and try not to use a lot of dialog.
There is a fun place on the Downs for chatting with friends. Just click on the gold colored link below and follow the directions:

CHAT

Thanks! Piosenniel, Shire Moderator
Old 03-15-2003, 03:28 PM   #87
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

It was just as Rie stepped into the common room that Don came galloping down the stairs like a wild horse. The eyebrows of those who were walking up the stairs raised in amusement, and some in annoyance. For those who glared at her as she passed she made faces at.

As she stepped into the common room Dinodas immediately went to her. "I saw a woman with red hair over there," he said, pointing in the direction Rie was.

A huge smile came to Don's face and she hurried forward. She pulled on Rie's dress and glared angrily at her. "I hate you so much that I love you too much!" she said, and threw her arms around her dear friend.
Old 03-15-2003, 05:23 PM   #88
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rie played absent-mindedly with the wide sleeves of her dress as she glanced about the room. She nodded to a few people that she recognized, then resumed her search for Don. She had hardly spotted the girl before she was set upon.

"D--" Rie began, but was cut off by Don's cry of "I hate you so much that I love you too much!" That silenced Rie for a while, and then Don threw her arms around her. Rie reciprocated, and they stood there for a moment. Finally Rie held Don at arms' length, and looked her squarely in the eyes with a mixture of affection, bemusement, and concern.

"It's not that I ever mind you hugging me," Rie said, quite matter-of-factly, "but might I ask why you hate me now? And maybe even what I can do to make it up to you?"
Old 03-15-2003, 06:59 PM   #89
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Shield

When Morwyn slipped back into the inn it was just in time to hear Nahai's comment.
Quote:
"Sir," she asked meekly, "would you care to join us?"
She walked back over to the little group, curiously eyeing the man Nahai had spoken to. He was leaning against the wall studying the crowd intently.

As she reached the table and sat down she gave an apologetic smile to Sara. "I had forgotten my horse," she explained. Shaking her head and laughing at herself she continued, "he has been my only friend for many months now, and gets somewhat offended if I neglect him too long." Sara smiled at that comment.

Morwyn felt as though she had missed something important in the conversation. Before Nahai had a chance to return she asked Sara quickly, "What was said while I was outside?" She traced the wooden grain of the table with her fingertips as she spoke. She felt she had been horribly rude in leaving, but had needed the chance to reflect.

[ May 05, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 03-15-2003, 07:59 PM   #90
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

"I hate you because you went off with that person," said Don. She tried to frown, but the grin came back. "But I don't hate you anymore, Rie. Or maybe I do. Either way, I just love you so much!" She hugged her friend again.

Rie stared down at her, puzzled. Sometimes children did say things that made no sense.

"Rie, can you tell me all about that person?" Don asked, taking the woman's hand and dragging her to a table. "Then I'll tell you all about the two hobbits I met today!"
Old 03-15-2003, 08:41 PM   #91
Barodir
Animated Skeleton

Barodir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A large bearded man stepped into the Green Dragon. He was clad in new but dirty red and black garments, hooded, and had a sword and shield with him. However, knowing the rules of the inn, he removed the weapons and left them by the door.

It had been quite some time since he had been to the Green Dragon. The man had already had an encounter here some time ago with a theif who had stolen artifacts from the realm of Minas Tirith. He had spent the night here, and knew it would be rude not to return when he promised so.

The man looked about at the faces of the people in the common room. Many new faces, and some old. He was not here to meet new people, though. He needed a holiday, and it only made sense to return to the Shire, where he was well taken care of after being severly wounded. And this time, he knew to mind his manners.

The man took a seat by the fireplace and pulled out a pipe. But before smoking it, the man removed his hood. He smiled as he sat back and smoked, for Barodir, son of Barodel, and loyal guard of the White City, has returned!
Old 03-16-2003, 01:33 AM   #92
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

It had been a few hours now, and Mylasia walked back into the Inn. She put her bow in her room then cam down to the bar.

"Tea please", she asked the hobbit lass.

"Here you go Miss Mylasia, careful it’s hot!" she said as she handed it the counter. Mylasia thanked her and looked around to see if she could see Fili. But alas he was gone. Mylasia sighed, he was one of the few who were friendly. The Inn was now packed and all tables were taken so Mylasia made her way over to the fire. Only one lone person sat there, it was a man. She sat down and took a long drink of her tea and looked in to the crackling fire. Mylasia didn’t want to say anything, he might be one of those people. She sat in silence.
Old 03-16-2003, 01:44 AM   #93
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Aeryn of Golden still stood waiting to be served at the bar. She caught a glimpse of a man who looked very familliar to her, who had just seated by the fire. "Ive seen him before, perhaps in Minas Tirith, i cannot remember."

she thought to herself. She plucked up the courage to go and find the answer.

She walked up to his chair where he was smoking his pipe. "Do I know you?" She said. "I do not mean to be intrusive, but you look very familliar to me."

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-16-2003, 02:47 AM   #94
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

She was lost in her thoughts, she stared blankly at the fire. Like so many times before she searched her mind, for a fragment of a clue to where Niamh had gone. She left after she had told her the truth about their past. But what had she said, and what was the reason for her leaving?

Mylasia lay back in the comfy chair, the stranger beside her was still silent and behind her she could hear the loud hum of daily Inn life. As she took another drink fron the cup in her lap a maiden approched the man who sat beside her. Mylasia smiled at her and she did so back. Then the maiden started to talk to the man.

"Do I know you?" She said. "I do not mean to be intrusive, but you look very familliar to me."

He made no answer, Mylasia waited to see what he said.
Old 03-16-2003, 01:19 PM   #95
Barodir
Animated Skeleton

Barodir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Do I know you? I do not mean to be intrusive, but you look very familliar to me."

A woman had come up to Barodir as he sat in thought. The woman seemed to know who he was, but Barodir did not know her. Then again, he didn't know many people out of Gondor. Even in Gondor, he stuck to himself and his family, who still remained in Minas Tirith.

"You may or may not know me. I am a guard of the White City, and many do not know me. I would be happy to tell you who I am though." he said in response. He was much more courteous than his previous stay in the Inn. He had all of his burdens lifted and was on a holiday away from it all: work, family, life itself. He was in the process of becoming a new man. It seemed that faith had found him and he had shed his old ways.

"I am Barodir, son of Barodel of Minas Tirith. I am a guard of the City and am on holiday." He was as polite as he could be, dispite sounding a bit angry. He had a natural sense that made him sound irratble, even in being happy.

Realizing that he may scare the womn away, he asked in an peaceful way "Please, what is your name, and explain to me how you know me, or someone like me?" He then waited for a reply from the woman.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:19 PM   #96
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressië Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressië Ailin
Question

Luin sped on into the night, dark cloak flying behind her, searching for an inn, or anywhere warm to spend the night. She was used to sleeping in the Wild, it had never really bothered her; but she greatly longed for a proper bed. Her parents often refered to beds as a rarity, for they often spent their time in the Wild. 'Noro lim, Thalion,' she whispered to her horse. Luin rode on, for hours that seemed endless, when she spottted a light in the distance. 'Ah! Hospitality at last!' she cried, but only to herself. She beckoned Thalion to stop near the stables. After dismounting and putting Thalion in one of the stalls, Luin walked into the Inn.

She saw a sign that read:

The Green Dragon Inn
The Shire

'The Green Dragon? The Shire? How did I end up here? Where,' she asked herself, 'is here?' Luin sighed. 'Oh well. I might, at least, be able to find some comfort in these strange parts.'

Luin looked around the Inn, and saw, much to her delight, that she was not surrounded by only Elves! There were Men, and Dwarves! The Dwarves didn't please the rest of her kin too much, but she didn't mind them. 'A hunted man often wearies of distrust and longs for friendship,' her uncle would always say. But what surprised Luin even more than the Elves and Men, were the Hobbits! Ever since the War of the Ring, Luin had wanted to meet one of these Halflings. 'Perhaps,' she thought, 'I'll go talk to one of them after I get a drink.' Luin made her way over to the bar, and waited patiently for someone to take her order.

[ March 16, 2003: Message edited by: Eressië Ailin ]
Old 03-17-2003, 12:32 AM   #97
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Pipe

The young hobbit lad Cotman Cotton walked into the Inn and sat down in a comfy chair in front of the fireplace.
There were two others sitting beside him, a strange man and a woman.

After a while he was sitting there he got thirsty and raised from the chair and took a drink in the bar.
When he got back someone from the Big People was sitting were he sat.
- Excuse me, sir, but I was sitting there before you, Cotman said gently.
The man just turned around and looked down on the little hobbit and laughed and then turned back and ignored him.
Cotman felt embarrased and angry at the man.
He didnt care about him, so he just walked away from him and orderd another drink and sat a while in the bar to maybe talk to someone.

He sat very lonely and it was just the innkeeper that talked. Cotman was just listening.
Then he interrupted the innkeeper and said;
- Im sorry, but Im very tired and need my daily rest, and smiled at the innkeeper.
He raised from the bardisk and looked around in the room for someone to talk to.
Old 03-17-2003, 01:38 AM   #98
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Mylasia sat by the warm fire, still lost in her thoughts. She now gazed out of the window, night was closing in. She then remembered Fili would still be waiting for her! She left her seat and looked around the Inn and saw him sitting at the same table as before. She brushed past a few elves and maded her way to him.

"Ah, you are back!" laughed the dwarf, it seemed to Mylasia that he had had quite a few ales while she was gone.

"Indeed I am", and she sat down opposite him.

"And how was target practice?"

"Brillient, no actually it was quite boring, I got all the shots right its just, Ive done it so many times......but hey if I dont practice I wont remember!"
Old 03-17-2003, 01:44 AM   #99
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Sting

- Hahaha, no I get your point, Fili laughed.
"Oh my gosh, he got too much ale", Mylasia thinked.
- Ehh, Fili, I dont think you should drink anymore, Mylasia said carefully.
- Hahahaha, why not??, the dwarf said annoyed.
Then the innkeeper came and took Filis ale, cause the keeper had noticed Filis drinking the night.
Fili walked outside and cleaned himself up with cold water in a barrel.

When he reutrned, now freshed up and not so drunk, Mylasia was still there.
- Im really sorry for my bad behaviour, Fili said a bit embarresd.
Old 03-17-2003, 03:45 AM   #100
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ NOTICE OF NEW RPG OPENING ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Manardariel and Orual invite you to participate in their new RPG: Quest for the Ainareg.

Come to the discussion thread for the game, see what characters are needed, and create one you can play in the game.

***************************** HAVE FUN! ~~~~~ PIO *****************************
Old 03-17-2003, 04:01 AM   #101
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Aeryn smiled. "Of course, you're Barodel's son" she said, pulling up a footstool.
"you have been to the Houses of Healing." she brushed the dust off her worn tunic.

"oh!, im Aeryn, my father was Aroden and my mother was Umbria, an elf who dwells in Dol Amroth. Though, somehow, i earned the name of Aeryn of Golden. My father I think, gave it to me. I live in the houses, my father is dead, I am the apprentice to the medicine woman. Its a modest living, but i like it all the same. I will be eighteen in a week and that will make me able to finish my apprentiship" she paused.

"what brings you so far north, friend?"

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-17-2003, 07:07 AM   #102
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Sting

A cold night, a strange person comes into the Inn. He was very short and thin.
He weard a brown cape with golden markings.
He also had a little sword in the belt.
He sits dwon and smokes some weed and was staring in the frieplace when a hobbit lass servant asked; - Excuse me, sir, do you want anything?, she said gently.
The man slowly looked up at here and said;
- Just a cup of tea, thank you.

The hobbit lass didnt see his face but in some strange reason she could see him smiling.
When she returned with the tea she asked;
- Do you want a room for tonight, sir...?
- You can call me Tristan, he answerd her, and, yes, I would really like to have a room for tonight.
When the servant looked down she saw that he was a hobbit.
- Oh, so you are a hobbit huh?, she asked him and smiled.
Now he'd removed his cape and she saw that he had brown curly hair with green eyes.
- Yes I am a hobbit, he said, so I would like to get my room in hobbitsize.
- Yes of course, mr. Tristan, she said gently, - But dont you got any last name?
- Yes its Cotton, Tristan Cotton.
- Ok mr. Cotton, we will make your room ready for tonight, thank you.

Tristan looked around for someone to talk to.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:19 AM   #103
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

the real findorfin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

Fin was taken aback by Huntress' confession of her name. he was deeply honoured. He was about to respond when a hobbit fell toward him. Wine accompanied the halfling and Fin found himself covered. Farothwen laughed as Fin cried out.
The Hobbits tried to clean him up and Fin could not help but see the funny side. When they eventually asked to sit, he was laughing and he hoped they now felt at ease.
"It is only a set of clothes, my hobbit aquaintances," he stated.
When they told him their names, Fin's memory was prodded and he was taken back to his first visit to the Green Dragon.
"I believe we have met?" he cried.
"Us?" Gaddy asked.
"Yes, it was the time when Bullroarer was in here."
"I remember," shouted Hal, happily.
"That makes a change," Gaddy muttered.
"Well, let me introduce you to my new acquaintance," Fin offered, "meet...Huntress."

She smiled affectionately as he used her pseudonym and he smiled back, winking.

"So, I was just about to ask where you are headed, my dear," he continued, "and you, Gaddy and Hal, what brings you here."
Old 03-17-2003, 04:26 PM   #104
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Question

Luin pulled back the hood on her cloak, and flipped her long, dark brown, almost black hair. In doing so, she revealed her pointed, obviously Elven ears. When Luin realized this, her crystal blue eyes instantly changed to a piercing, stone grey.

'Would you like anything to drink?' she heard a voice ask. However, Luin took no notice of the bartender, as she was lost in her own thoughts. 'Excuse me, miss, but would you like a drink?' the bartender asked for a second (or maybe a third) time.

Luin suddenly snapped out of her own world. 'A drink? Some red wine would be great.' She thought for a moment. 'Could you tell me how I can get a room in this place?'

'If it's a room you're seeking, it'd be best to talk to Piosenniel, or just Pio for short. But first, may I ask your name?'

'My name? What does she need that for?' Luin hesitated. 'Some call me Mae,' she said quietly, remembering her lost friend.

'Mae?' the bartender inquired. 'That doesn't sound like any Elvish name I've ever heard.'

'Mae's just a nickname,' Luin said, lying through her teeth. 'My full name is Maelinya.'

'Very well, then. I'll have that wine coming right up. In the meantime, you might want to find Piosenniel.'

Luin got up, and started her search for this 'Pio.'
Old 03-17-2003, 04:35 PM   #105
Aerandir Carnesir
Wight

Aerandir Carnesir has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

"Hullo Inwe! How'd you sleep?" said Aerandir. "We thought you would never wake. We were going to go down to the Bywater pool today. I'm not much of a person for water, but I wouldn't mind going down to the pool and rest there for a while."

Aerandir suddenly had a memory of his childhood. It was very dark, and he saw the Anduin. He heard screaming, and he then saw his father fighting orcs.

His memory went farther. He saw his Uncle Nilhirion with Aerandir and then training and teaching him the ways of the Rangers.

Nilhirion gave Aerandir Olwe's sword, Elenaur, Starfire, the elvish blade. It looks much like a Numenorean sword, but has the elvish characteristics of shining blue and being as light as an eagle's feather. It has runes on it which say, "Aa' i'Carnesir ya kola sina hyanda onaya i'val en'edain ar'edhil." It translates as: "May the Carnesir who carries this blade be given the power of Men and Elves."

Aerandir remembered his uncle very well. He was still alive, and was a high ranking Ranger. Aerandir had gone with Nilhirion to the North, and became a ranger because of his uncle's influence.

Olwe's last dying words to Nilhirion were, "Take care of Aerandir. Teach him to be strong and righteous, but teach him to be humble and compassionate. Be a father to him as I would have been, but don't let him forget me."

Aerandir thought those over for a while, but before he could get emotional, he said,"Well, since everyone is here, lets go down to the Bywater pool and relax, and make good of this fine day!"
Old 03-17-2003, 06:01 PM   #106
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Question

'It certainly would have helped if she gave me a description of Pio!' Luin thought, as she searched for the innkeeper. She had everywhere for anyone who might be Piosenniel. 'Where is she? I really need a room for tonight.'

Luin became more and more desperate as the minutes passed. 'By the time I find her, they surely will be out of rooms!' Suddenly, she bumped into a strange Man who was talking to an Elf maiden. 'I am ever so sorry,' Luin mumbled. 'I suppose I didn't see you, for I was looking the the innkeeper, Piosenniel. Have you seen her?'

'You have no reason to be sorry,' the man chuckled. 'I am used to not being seen. And as for Pio, she left not too long ago. She won't be back until late. By the way, I'm Barodir. I was about to tell Aeryn, here, why I'm up in these parts. Would you care to listen?'

'No thank you. I think I'll just go sit at the bar. But if I need a good tale, I'll know where to come!' Luin laughed airily. But the laugh was hollow, she knew it in her heart. It had been a long time since she had ever truly laughed.

'Wait!' Barodir called. 'I don't believe I caught your name!'

'Call me Mae,' Luin replied, now more comfortable, since she had found a suitable name.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:49 PM   #107
Zoko Siman

Pipe

"Jamsway Siman I am," he said to the bartender, "But I prefer Jams if you will."

Startled, the bartender turned around in a hurrry to see a little hobbit of the shire who had managed to climb up on to the bar stool.

"What can I get for yeh, uhh.. Jams you said?"

Reaching into his pocket the hobbit started pulling out a peice of paper with something scribbled on it. But, being as that the chair was as elavated as it was, and Jams, not being the most elegant of hobbits, he lost his balance and soon enough, there lay a hobbit, ripe for stepping on.

For a moment, Jams lay stunned, thinking, "my my, I dont think I've EVER fallen off a chair that high before." And for that instant he just lay there, looking up at all the tall people, the elves, the humans, even the drunken dwarf at the tables seemed massive to him."

"Hey, you down there. Get up off my floor before some one steps on you!"

Reluctantly Jams sat up and this time, went around the bar and spoke to the man.

"Dear sir, as I was about to be saying before my little accident there. I could use a special blend for myself. I've got a headache you can't shake a stick at and I could use some 'special blend', if you follow me."

He handed the paper to the bar keep. Eyeing it over the keep raised his eyebrow. "You sure you can handle this? I don't think even the most reckless dwarf could handle this foul brew."

"Aye, I can take it." Jams replied starting to get impatient. "Now, if you don't mind, I'll be at the bar--" he turned, remembering the stool indicent, "actully, come to think of it, I'll be sitting by the fire."

Old 03-18-2003, 12:35 AM   #108
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Sting

While Tristan sat in the bar he saw a lonely man sitting in a chair in front of the fireplace.
He thought he maybe could talk to him.
So he walked over and sat down beside the man.

- Well met, stranger, Tristan said gently to the man.
The man looked at him and Tristan waited for an answer.
Old 03-18-2003, 08:33 AM   #109
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

The Ruling Ring has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Drago shook himself, startled at Ellie's sudden exclamation.

"Ellie--!" he managed, just she turned and headed swiftly back to the table. She didn't hear him.

"Oh, wonderfully well done there, Drago," he mumbled to himself. "You're a real gifted conversationalist, aren't you? It's no wonder you've so many friends."

Shaking his head again, Drago looked across the room, to where Ellie sat, talking to an Elf. Suddenly, the tall one rose, leaving an empty space beside Ellie. Perhaps now was his chance...

Drago strode over to the table just in time to hear Ellie coughing as she attempted to imbibe something from a mug.

"Ellie," he muttered as she regained her breath.

[ March 18, 2003: Message edited by: The Ruling Ring ]
Old 03-18-2003, 10:31 AM   #110
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Sting

An afternoon at the inn a man came in.
He was wearing a darkgreen cape and a sword in the belt.
He didnt remove his cape when he got in so they couldnt see his face.
He followed the rule to leave your weapons beside the door but he did keep a little knife in his left boot.

He sat down in a comfy chair in front of the fire place and took up a pipe and started smoking some weed.
Many of the rest folks in the inn thought he was strange but one person showed up and sat down beside him in another chair.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:42 AM   #111
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Sting

The person didnt say anything.
He thought the person was extremly boring so he looked around in the room to see if anyone was sitting alone except him.

He saw a lonely woman sitting in a corner.
He raised from his chair and walked over to her.
He said; - G'day my lady! Such a wonderful afternoon. And who might you be?
Old 03-18-2003, 10:56 AM   #112
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Mylasia was startled to see the man. She didnt expect anyone else to speak to her. She was delayed in her actions and stared for a while. Then when the man said hello again she reacted.

"Hello sir" she said wearily, it wasnt such a good day, apart from meeting Fili. It was a normal day, just normal, nothing extraordinary was going to happen."My name is Mylasia."

He sat down next to her, she could not see his face clearly as her was shrouded in a darkgreen cloak. Now she had realised her mistake, she had told him her name. He could very well be a spy. She kicked herself for not being more alert. But she decided to continue the conversation.

"And what is your name?"
Old 03-18-2003, 11:01 AM   #113
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Sting

- My name is Ramak. Im from Rohan, he said gently.
He removed hes cape and looked at Mylasia.
- You look scared, he said confused, Im not dangerous. Im just a lonely wanderer. I left Rohan 2 years ago.

Mylasia looked at him as she was expecting something.
- So..., Ramak said, where are you from then?
Old 03-18-2003, 11:14 AM   #114
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Mylasia was not sure she trusted him, she would be safer to use her normally allaby. Snd she reminded herself not to procrastinate on the subjet of family and homes too long.

Memories had been stirred, too many to her liking for one day at least. She looked at Ramak, she still did not trust him, he had told her that he was not dangerous but that wasnt enough for Mylasia. She kept her eyes on him, he had no weapons on him taht she could see but...

"Gondor", she lied., "Gondor."
Old 03-18-2003, 11:18 AM   #115
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Sting

"Oh, Gondor...", Ramak said, "
Gondor is beautiful. I've been there many times.
But they cant beat our horses in Rohan."

Ramak stared in Mylasias eyes and she looked away.
He looked down in teh table for a while.

"So, what are you doing around here?", he asked suddenly.
Old 03-18-2003, 11:27 AM   #116
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

"No, indeed the horses of Rohan....",well this was going well. What was he goping to ask next? Could she come outside and fight and if he won he got to take her back to BooDoo? Could he just tell he Niamh was dead?.....Wait she was totally jumping to conclusions here, he could be a very good kind hearted man for all she knew. But still she hesitated.

"What are you doing here?" Oh great!!! what was she going to say to that, she pondered for a moment.

"Visiting a friend", she replied. Now she had got herself into a web of lies but it ws better than revealing herself to some spy. But why was she thinking that, he probably was not a spy. Her mind was a battle ground, one side wanted him to be evil, the other good. She was getting more fustrated with herself. But she contiued to keep a calm face.

"I am here visiting a hobbit friend, and you?"

[ March 18, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]
Old 03-18-2003, 11:32 AM   #117
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Sting

"Im a ranger.", he said,
"Im just here to eat some food and rest for the night. I havent been sleeping inside a house for 7 months. And thats for ceratin."

Ramak thought the woman was really mystic.
She didnt say so much, and was always looking scared and upset.

"Is something bothering you?", Ramak said.

[ March 18, 2003: Message edited by: PoWa ]
Old 03-18-2003, 11:46 AM   #118
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Mylasia smiled, "Everything is fine, I have no troubles....that you need know of."

He looked slightly taken aback and ofended. Mylasia felt guilty, it was not like her to put some one off like that , but well. It was too hard for her to think properly right now, her head was hurting alot. She wondered why, she also felt extreamly sleepy. She closed her eyes, and then slowly opened them.

"Are you sure that you are alright", he asked with more concern in hs voice.

"I am....." Mylasia closed her eyes.

What was wrong? She did not know. Her head was hurting so much, it felt as though it was going to expload. Suddenly the noise in the Inn became ten times louder, it got hotter. Very hot, she felt so light headed.

But it was ok now, she ws outside the Inn, and look it was Niamh riding up upon Roman. She was back! And beside her were her Father and mother, they were happy, happy.....very happy........
Old 03-18-2003, 11:57 AM   #119
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Sting

"Miss Mylasia!!", Ramak screamed when Mylasia just faited.
He carried out Mylasia and took up a small herb that he got in his pocket.
It was a special herb for faiting and headache. He held it up under her nose so she could breathe it in.
Suddenly she woke up.
Ramak looked concerned at her and said; "What happened to you..?!"

Then she faited again and he picked up some more
herbs.
After a while she could almost walk by herself and when they sat down in front of the fireplace Ramak asked again; What happened?"

[ March 18, 2003: Message edited by: PoWa ]
Old 03-18-2003, 02:34 PM   #120
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The three Rangers and Inwe then made their way to the door of the inn. Once they got out Phervasaion said "when did you say we would be leaving for Bree Talendur?"

"There are some things that i must sort out before we leave so i need to know," Phervasaion was still puffing on his pipe as he awaited an answer from Talendur.