The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2023, 06:47 AM   #1
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Tolkien A Doriathrin Night's Dream

Happy Solstice to all! A while back I got into my head that the tale of Beren and Luthien could overlay moderately well onto William Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. Both take place in an enchanted forest, feature a high and noble elven couple, have a love story with twists and turns... why, they're practically the same story!

(Editor's note: They were not, in fact, practically the same story.)

Never one to let saner voices get in my way, I've spent big chunks of the last three months on this, and am delighted to present the complete script of:

A Doriathrin Night's Dream

Basically a 20K-word riff on Shakespeare, with a bunch of snark pointed at Tolkien too. ^_^ The actors are from the PPC, which has historic connections with the Downs; but all you really need to know is that most of them are Middle-earth natives pulled out into the multiverse, a few of the actors are the opposite gender to their characters, Saeros' actor works for a tabloid paper, and Huan is played by a telepathic horse.

I'm not sure "enjoy" is appropriate here, but... enjoy!

hS