The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2023, 12:07 PM   #1
bilbobaggins764
Newly Deceased

bilbobaggins764 has just left Hobbiton.
My new Tolkien book has been released!!! The Road Goes Ever On and On A New Perspecti

It is finally out and available at major retailers. Due to the high-quality paper needed for the colored images, the physical copy usually runs between $34-39. However, the eBook version is under $10. I would love your support if you're able to help.

Link to Barnes and Noble
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the...ith/1143215790

Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Road-Goes-Eve...cx_mr_hp_atf_m

Blurb

J.R.R. Tolkien’s Middle-earth has captured the imaginations of millions of readers around the world for generations. He is considered the father of modern fantasy, but few understand how Tolkien’s worldview impacted his mythology. The Road Goes Ever On and On is the first book of its kind to place Tolkien within his proper context, giving the reader a deeper understanding of Tolkien and Middle-earth. Smith takes us on a quest through a wide range of Tolkien’s writings to unlock Tolkien’s perspective—a perspective that, like the elves who have sailed into the West leaving Middle-earth, has faded away from our world. You will gain an in-depth knowledge of Tolkien’s views on politics, environmentalism, religion, and much more. From the Valar to Hobbits, the free peoples closely follow Tolkien’s sentiments. In contrast, forces under the Shadow represent what Tolkien believed was immoral. Covering a wide range of topics, The Road Goes Ever On and On is filled with breathtaking illustrations bringing Middle-earth to life like never before, making this the ‘one book to rule them all.’

Reviews

Engrossing...Tolkien’s principles—patriotism, Medievalism, localism, Catholicism—are certainly out of fashion today. And yet they’re the foundation for all his books, which have sold hundreds of millions of copies. Mr. Smith does a wonderful job of explaining why modern readers are so enthralled by Tolkien’s reactionary vision. Whether you’re a casual Lord of the Rings fan or a serious Tolkien scholar, every page of Mr. Smith’s book will delight and fascinate. And if anyone ever tells you that fairy-tales are only for children, hand him this book. Tolkien ought to be regarded as one of the great social critics of our time, as Mr. Smith so masterfully demonstrates.
-Michael Warren Davis is an editor for Sophia Institute Press and the author of The Reactionary Mind: Why Conservative Isn’t Enough. You can find him on his blog, The Common Man.

As the popularity of Tolkien's work continues to endure, the importance of Jeb Smith's work continues to grow. This is because of a prolonged siege against Tolkien's work: the attempt to dislodge it from its Christian and Biblical foundations. Jeb Smith's insights are immensely helpful to this and future generations of Tolkien admirers.
Scott L. Smith, author of Lord of the Rings and the Eucharist
bilbobaggins764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 09:26 AM   #2
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Is there a reason why this is posted in the Middle-earth Mirth forum? Is this " more comical than informational"? Perhaps there a joke that I am missing?
Old 04-28-2023, 07:37 AM   #3
bilbobaggins764
Newly Deceased

bilbobaggins764 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bęthberry View Post
Is there a reason why this is posted in the Middle-earth Mirth forum? Is this " more comical than informational"? Perhaps there a joke that I am missing?
Should I post it in the other section?
bilbobaggins764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 10:16 AM   #4
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbobaggins764 View Post
Should I post it in the other section?
It's up to you to decide the best fit. I just was wondering if it was some kind of parody, being put in the Mirth section.

People have posted new Tolkien studies and moots as well as personal achievements in the Barrow Downs thread in the Announcements and Obituaries forum. https://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21