The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-16-2005, 10:27 PM   #441
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
At that point I wanted to strangle everyone and began to feel rather hostile towards my own village
We noticed.

Eventually I decided that your behavior was just to un-wolf like for you, although I was to thick-headed to come to that conclusion in enough time to save you any votes, I think. And now the next time I play you will probably be a wolf & act the same way so that I won't suspect you. I hate this game.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:47 PM   #442
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Cue the angry mob voicetrack...

And as time grew nearer to the next Werewolf game, the phantom was led up to the noose in high anticipation.

"You're making a mistake!" he cried angrily, as they placed the rope around his neck.

"I don't think so," sneered Morm. "You are undeniably arrogant - a sure sign of a wolf if ever I saw one."

"This was part of my plan all along," explained Fordim.

"I'm only doing this in self defence, old bean," said The Saucepan Man airily as he tied the last fatal knot.

And with that last perfunctory comment, the handle was pulled, the body dropped, and the neck was snapped. The noise hung on the suddenly still air ominously.

"Hmm," said TGWBS. "It looks like he wasn't a wolf after all."

"That's what I've been saying!" said the phantom fumed from his awkward position, his burning eyes barely visible over the platform. "Now you fools have gone and killed another innocent! I should have amended my post to include all of you!"

"But then there'd be only you left," offered Firefoot helpfully.

"Duh! And the villagers would have won this time, wouldn't they?" roared the lynchee, struggling to free himself.

"He's not dead!" said Zali, disappearing as fast as she had appeared.

"I've always liked you," said ToREstel nervously as the knots began to loosen.

"Hey," protested Fordim as he looked at the rope from a safe distance. "That noose is nothing but a giant loophole!"

"Can we hang the Saucepan now?" asked Kuru hopping around in glee.

"Do you suppose," whispered Shelob to Holby and Oddwen, "That we could start taking them out one by one without anyone noticing?"

"Let's loot their houses first," whispered Oddwen.
-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
I'm sorry...that was a very silly post.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:56 PM   #443
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
++ODDWEN
Fordim Hedgethistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 03:07 PM   #444
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Flip-flopping, eh Fordim?

And something...something to make this on-topic...

TGWBS - as far as I know, offing you was kind of a snub against Fordim - just obvious enough to not be blatant, yet not subtle enough to escape notice...and a brilliant move, as it turned out.
I voted for Morm or Estel that night, however.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 09:15 PM   #445
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Hey all, great game everyone! I wish I could have posted sooner but I've been out of town the past few days.

Phantom - I did have a real reason for pushing for your lynching, except I couldn't say it out. When I decided to guard Fordim, it was on the assumption that you were a werewolf. In order to decide who to guard it was useful to have an idea of who the wolves were, and you were my only suspect during Night 3 (I don't particularly remember why). So when nobody died that night, I went on the assumption that Fordim had been guarded, and that you were in fact a werewolf. So that was my real reasoning - not the hunches and feelings that I was trying to outline (though they were contributing...) Hope this clears things up.

So great game everyone, well-played, werewolves!
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 09:43 PM   #446
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
The Reasons Behind the Kills...

NIGHT 1--Eomer dies...and blames us for it ...Thus the werewolf hunt begins.

NIGHT 2--TGWBS killed

This night began with a lot of general talking...though we all seemed to agree imediately that Fordim should not be killed. Oddwen had to leave early but left saying that she was all for TORE's death. After that I became obsessed with the fact that I had posted the first vote for the seer and immediately said "who do you guys want to kill tonight...NOT SAUCEPAN MAN! he's the only one between me and the gallows tomorrow..." (which basically became my mantra for the rest of the game...and it proved true, Saucepan Man is lynched and I'm the next one on the gallows)...Between the two of us Holbytlass and I looked at the pros and cons for killing various people and finally decided on TGWBS simply because he seemed like a "vague enough player [...] not to bring suspicion on any of us"...we did take into account the whole bluff/double-bluff idea with fordim but basically left it at the level of 'if they go for it Fordim's out...if not it's unlikely to cast shadows of doubt on to us and will only cause confusion'.

NIGHT 3--Fordim was to be killed

I think I first suggested Fordim for this night's kill with the theory that all his death would do is prove him innocent and thus throw a cog into everyone's current suspicions. It would also leave you guys with no real pattern to the kills; Kill someone opposed to Fordim, Kill Fordim...doesn't make a lot of sense. Saucepan Man and Kuru were also being debated for this nights Kill and Oddwen was still after TORE (though had also added Firefoot to her list). Eventually Holby made the final choice saying "i think we should kill fordim. everyone has basically thinks hes innocent now, except phantom".

>>Quite possibly the best thing ever said in a werewolf related PM conversation was Oddwen's "Gee, perhaps we should be asking ourselves "What
Would the phantom Do?""
(EDIT: Having originally typed this up before seeing Firefoot's last post this has since become even funnier)

NIGHT 4--Firefoot was killed

Initially this night began with Oddwen and I giving each other reasons why
we should re-kill Fordim. Fortunately (well...for us) Holby came on and suggested that we were missing a key point in our plotting. She suggested that the guardian was someone who hadn't really suspected Fordim (or who had thought him innocent) during the preceeding DAY. After almost five hours without further werewolf plotting I suggested that Firefoot and Mormegil had suspected Fordim least (I say 'suggested' here because I was basically falling asleep in my chair when I said that and couldn't be bothered to actually check). Initially after that Oddwen agreed that Firefoot would work while Holbutlass was leaning still more towards Fordim or Mormegil. Holby then suggests Azalia (again..I think she came up every night) and realizing that both Oddwen and I were long since asleep sent in a request for Firefoot's death saying it wasn't fair to suggest someone else when we couldn't debate it.

NIGHT 5--Mormegil was killed (my last night)

I already went over this above...in case you want it again here it is:

Quote:
the reasoning behind Mormegil's death was that either Mormegil or Fordim would be the best kill that night and that Fordim was probably "out of the running for our next kill because he has hit closest so far and it would be suspicious for him to die...we'll risk a lot keeping him alive I just think we'll risk more should we kill him..."

NIGHT 6--Azaelia was killed

I'm not really sure why they chose Azaelia...all I got was one PM from Holby wondering why TORE went with me instead of her and then one PM simply giving 'Another thing about Azaelia' and saying that Holby was about to PM Eomer with the choice. I assume Holby sent me these just to keep me in the werewolf loop (Ha!..that's said like 'Loup' which is French for 'Wolf'...sorry) In any case I responded to the first one just saying that it had been nice playing with them and have since wondered why I got the second one at all...for further reasoning behind Azaelia's death Holbytlass or Oddwen will have to fill you in.

I think that's everything...If I missed anything that they feel needs to be mentioned my fellow Ex-werewolves should let me know. Elsewise this is why we killed who we killed when we killed them.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:58 PM   #447
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Thanks for the report, Shelob. You wolves made good choices. Early in the game it can be a toss up sometimes depending on which way you want to take things, but after you get going in the later stages of the game you can really start doing some serious picking and choosing.

In your position I imagine I would have killed Firefoot, Morm, and Azalia exactly as you did. Once again, good choices.

And Oddwen- very funny.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:14 AM   #448
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Thanks, Shelob, for writing up the report for us.
That last night we chose Azalia over Estel because Estel voted for Shelob and I thought perhaps Estel might think me innocent. I certainly got it good for that choice!!
And we reformed wolves are going into business selling WWPD bracelets. Any takers?
Very funny, Oddwen! You'd make a great werewolf mod also.

Last edited by Holbytlass; 06-18-2005 at 11:21 AM.
Holbytlass is offline   Reply With Quote