The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-30-2006, 04:57 PM   #201
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
Diamond, when I'm dead and gone, you'll eat your words. Like I said, IF I was a cat, I would have voted for someone with 2-3 votes, not start my own candidate. Anyway, I had been saying so the either day.
Well we could get into an argument about game tactics, but I personally like for votes to count, and don't think it's wolf/cattish to try and influence who gets lynched. *shrug*

So even if you are innocent I don't intend to eat my words... you wouldn't be the first innocent to be suspected by another innocent, so if my strategy seems cattish to others, well, so be it.

Like I said, a vote for Wilwa is pretty useless at the moment.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:57 PM   #202
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Fine, I'm casting my vote now (Eonwe just voted and the breaking of a tie doesn't rest with me). I'm going to vote for the one whom I find most suspicious.

++Wilwa

Read my above post for reasons as to why.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:59 PM   #203
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Oh, to explain myself now instead of later. I voted Wilwa (even though it is a useless safe vote) because she is the one I am most suspicious of. May we catch another Wolf toDay.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:01 PM   #204
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Garin (Roa, Kath, Kitanna, Eonwe) - 4
Eonwe (Farael, Morm, Diamond) - 3
Wilwarin (Garin, Alcarillo, Glirdan) - 3
Glirdan (Thinlo, Wilwa) - 2
Alcarillo (Form) - 1
Old 03-30-2006, 05:02 PM   #205
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

In which case, I'll go with my preffered choice:

--Garin

++Wilwa

-eep- Mod?
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:02 PM   #206
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Stop posting! Death will be up shortly
Old 03-30-2006, 05:39 PM   #207
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

The darkness began to creep into the village, the occupants were in a frenzy to kill the traitor in their midst.

"No, you all! Vote for Eonwe." Shouted Farael

"I say down with Glirdan!" shouted Thinlomien after Farael.

"I say we kill, Wilwarin! She is a traitor!" Alcarillo argued.

"Yes lets! I will ready the pot!" Agreed Garin.

"Get the pot!" Screamed Glirdan

The villagers Tackled Wilwarin538 before she had a chance to defend herself.They bound and gagged her, as a very large pot was brought out into the square. A fire was lit and soon water was happily bubbling away.

"Throw her in!" Yelled Garin "The waters mighty hot!"

Eonwe stepped towards the bound girl that lay upon the ground.He Held her over his head and tossed her in.

Bind or no bind the sound that escaped Wilwarins lips were horrific! She twitched and writhed and struggled to free herself. Her skinned started to turn crimson as the villagers watched in horror. Then crimson turned to brown as a sudden burst of hair pushed through her skin. In seconds it had melted away, and the wretched smell of burnt hair filled the square. She bobbed and snarled and tried to spit, but the bonds held.
She bobbed amongst the bubbles long after her struggles had stopped and the village became quiet.

Dead villagers:
Valier: Tomato grower- Died from a thousand cuts. (Moderator)
Naria- Pediotrist-Was danced upon until she died.(Co-Moderater)
Sleepy Ranger-Mayor-Drowned by village on Day 1 (Werecat)
Nogrod-Ale Maker-Werecats got his tongue night 1 (Ordo)
Wilwarin538-Berry picker-Boiled alive by village on Day2 (Werecat)

Live villagers:
Telperaca-Baker
Kitanna-Grumpy old woman
Diamond18-Barmaid
Roa-Aoife-Folklorist
Garin-Weathered former mercenary
Kath-Ale drinker
Alcarillo-Fisherman
Eonwe-Wayfaring stranger
Farael-Foolofatook
Formendabras Took- Ne'er-do-well
Glirdan-Barman at the local Inn
Mormegil-Shirriff
Thinlomien-Postwoman

Remaining Werecat, Seeker,Protector I need your nightly picks.
AGAIN, I WILL BE INTRODUCING THE BIRTHDAY DREAMER ON THE THIRD DAY/NIGHT. READ THE RULES IF YOU ARE UNSURE HOW THIS WILL WORK.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:56 PM   #208
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

The Third day dawns

The villagers crept from their dwellings to see what had happened. They were sure they would find a fresh body the Werecat had left for them.But there in the middle of the town stood a huge pile of Kitty litter, standing almost five feet high.

"I don't think anyone is gone." Said Glirdan

The villagers stood and counted heads. But one villager did seem to be missing.

"I found someone." Shreiked Thinlomien. " I think it's Kitanna!"

Sure enough there was an arm sticking out from the bottom of the pile of stinky litter. The villagers pulled the arm until, Kitanna's body emerged. She was packed in every orrifus with kitty litter and her eyes were rolled back...She was gone..

Dead villagers:
Valier: Tomato grower- Died from a thousand cuts. (Moderator)
Naria- Pediotrist-Was danced upon until she died.(Co-Moderater)
Sleepy Ranger-Mayor-Drowned by village on Day 1 (Werecat)
Nogrod-Ale Maker-Werecats got his tongue night 1 (Ordo)
Wilwarin538-Berry picker-Boiled alive by village on Day2 (Werecat)
Kitanna-Grumpy old woman-stuffed with Kitty litter by Werecat on night 2(Ordo)

Live villagers:
Telperaca-Baker
Diamond18-Barmaid
Roa-Aoife-Folklorist
Garin-Weathered former mercenary
Kath-Ale drinker
Alcarillo-Fisherman
Eonwe-Wayfaring stranger
Farael-Foolofatook
Formendabras Took- Ne'er-do-well
Glirdan-Barman at the local Inn
Mormegil-Shirriff
Thinlomien-Postwoman

I will pm the Birthday dreamer today.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:42 PM   #209
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

1420!

Well, two wolves in a row = great. My entire theory about the Cats yesterday = down the tubes.

It would almost be disappointing if the last wolf turns out to be Thinny or Telperaca.

Why Kitanna died seems to be the question right now. Unfortunately I'm at work and have to get off this computer right now, so I'll go, er, polish the bar to healthy sheen.

I'll be back after I get home with something more thought out.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:46 PM   #210
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'm inclined to think the last Cat might be Lommy. It seems that Nogrod may well have been killed for his list, as two Cats were definitely on it, and the third might be. However I would say that perhaps the remaining wolf learnt from the mistake of killing the person that put suspicion onto them and so killed a person that considered them innocent. YesterDay Kitanna looked at Nogrod's list and while she found Telp and wilwa suspicious, she didn't think Lommy was.

It's just a theory, I welcome opinions!
Old 03-31-2006, 05:57 PM   #211
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Kath, Farael, Thinlomien and Diamond are the most suspicious to me at this point wit Roa and Formen as secondary. The vote for Wilwa was so close that I doubt there was a werecat in that group...of course it's not impossible but not likely. Of the group that didn't vote for Wilwa I would think Kath and Diamond the most suspicious. I don't have much time to explain currently, I've had one of the worst RL days in my life, but I hopefully will be able to later.

Telp is more or less a non-factor to me at this point and will die if she doesn't talk today anyway so I'm not concerned.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:05 PM   #212
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Kath, I wouln't think that way. I would leave anyone who ever pointed their finger at me alone, within reason taht is. I would go for smarts, quites, or experienceds. But that, of course, is just me.

I'm thinking Glirdan. Vote last night. He could rest fairly assured that Garin was up for the chopping block, considering he voted at ... ... 3 minutes to the deadline. However, how much would really be gained by voting wilwa? I guess firstly he had a safe vote. Second vote analysis if he ever got lynched would be a plus, but I'm thinking the real reason was a safe vote. And perhaps a trackrecord, in case Wilwa ever got a substantial number of votes, he could say he had voted consistently. Likewise, just a though, and I appreciate feedback as well.

Telperaca, I'm thinking should be lynched off summerily. Haveing not shown his face all yesterday, and the day before making but paltry excuse for a vote is, in my book, easily enough to warent lynching. That would be Doulbe-Lynched off, I mean.

Other than that, I need to think somemore about.

PS:

Housekeeping: I gotta work, sadly, tommarow morning. If I feel up to it, I may make a post about 7:30ish, but I'm doubting I will. (ooh thats 7:30 EST). Work will keep me until around 4:30 tops. So I wouldn't have much time tomarrow.

It is 7:05 pm my time.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:46 PM   #213
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Eonwe... I don't think Double Lynches are allowed in this game.

I'm going to review the posts/votes right now... back with something if I come up with anything. Which hopefully I will.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:59 PM   #214
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
I'm not recovered yet from this week nor I've had time to read properly, but doesn't anyone else find it interesting that the werecat did not choose me and frame Eonwe?

Obviously, Eonwe is a cat

++Eonwe

I might change it tomorrow, but then.... I'll probably not.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:05 PM   #215
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

1420!

Am I the only person around or what? Rattling around in this empty village could drive a barmaid to drink.

Anyway, after reading over the Days I'm not too clear on things but I'm suspecting of Thinlomien and Morm. Below are some notes I took, it's not a complete or exhaustive anlysis of the game, it's just my main line of thinking about people who stand out to me for one reason or another. Those not mentioned are currently flying under my radar. I know they're around but I'm going with my gut on who I find most worth looking at. Of course, my gut apparently hasn't been working very good because, to borrow Farael's pun from day 1, I have thus far been Miss Taken in most of my theories.

Anyway:

day 1 -- Farael and Sleepy go back and forth a lot, vote for each other.

day 2 -- Farael goes for Eonwe. Eonwe votes Wilwa, sealing her fate. Eonwe very innocent looking now, makes Farael suspicious. However Sleepy was pretty aggressive toward him day 1, seems more like Cat going after innocent than cat-on-cat smokescreen.

day 1 -- Garin casts first vote for Sleepy.

day 2 -- Garin casts first vote for Wilwa. Garin likely innocent, though he could just be putting the "I" in team.

day 2 -- Glirdan first to point out Nogrod's list and suggests we look closely at those mentioned. Would he do this if he and Wilwa were the remaining Cats? Isn't this kinda risky after Sleepy's already been killed? Plus, Wilwa votes for him. I think Glirdan likely innocent.

days 1 & 2 -- Lommy's posts don't really tell me much. Neither do her votes. But one thing she does say is that she doesn't think Wilwa or Telperaca would be stupid enough to vote for Nogrod, discounts herself because she knows she's innocent. Were Wilwa and Lommy trying the "so stupid it's smart" strategy? Suspicious enough to make me feel okay voting for her.

day 2 -- morm goes after Wilwa a bit. Changes his vote eventually. What to think? He's strongly against taking the rhyme into consideration. For love of the game, or fear beacause his fellow cat Wilwa is on it? Is he going after Wilwa just to prove that he's not protecting her, yet changes his vote because he doesn't really want her to die? Suspicious, maybe worth a vote.

I may be voting pretty soon. I will hardly be around at all tomorrow because I'll be at work all day and never know when I can peek in during work. I may get home before the deadline but don't want to bank on it.

Most likely I will choose Lommy. Partically because I am suspicious of her and partially beause, guilty or innocent, knowing her identity will help lay to rest the rhyme controversy.

X-Posted with Farael.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:15 PM   #216
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Farael why do you vote Eonwe? He and Garin seem the most innocent to me based on their votes. Of course it could be a bluff and a cat-on-cat voting strategy but I really don't think that's the case. So seeing you vote for him makes me highly suspicious of you today.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:47 PM   #217
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Farael, put some though into your disition. Its day two. Werecats are down a man already. What do I gain by sacraficeing Wilwa? Sure, I come off as looking real good, but that will only get me so far in the days to come. And at waht price: the half of my remaining team. As in half my chances at winning. And for something that can be gained in other ways and will most likely wair out anyway...

I'm off to bed...zzzzzzzzzzzz...
Old 03-31-2006, 11:17 PM   #218
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

This is a shocker!! Out of everyone left toDay, Kitanna was the last person I expected the final Wolf to go for. Yet it was a smart move on his/her behalf as there isn't anything that really links anyone to Kitanna (that I can see as of yet). I must leave now but I will be back in a few hours.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:44 PM   #219
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

1420!

Bedtime for this serving wench. I'll try to check in before the deadline but don't count on me being around. My parting vote:

+ + Thinlomien
Old 04-01-2006, 12:55 AM   #220
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Two cats dead. That's really great.

I think thatWilwa being guilty clearly points to me and Telperaca and the cats being stupid. If you want to lynch either of us, please lynch Telperaca. To put it bluntly, she's useless. No that I'm much better but I participate. Now, I'll leave that weak reasoning... Anyway, I do believe in Telperaca's guilty, since I know I'm innocent. I think we should lynch the two of us, just to be sure. But I plead we'll start with Telperaca, so that if she turns out to be a werecat, we don't need to sacrifice an innocent (=me). We're in no hurry since two cats are already dead, so we can "waste" our time to just ensuring Telperaca and me ( ) aren't cats.

Some people speculated that the cats believed Nogrod to be the seer. Why? Because he spotted Sleepy? Try to remember that we started with a Day phase, so that on Day1 the seer hadn't dreamed of anyone, obviously.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 04-01-2006 at 12:56 AM. Reason: replaced word 'wolves' with 'cats'
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:58 AM   #221
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
++Telperaca

I think we should take her out of the way and just check her, if you get my reasoning from the post above.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:16 AM   #222
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Just poking my head in ere I turn in for bed (work was from Angband...).

Interesting things are afoot, indeed...

For the moment, I think Thinlómien rather suspicious... but we shall see.

These retractable votes really are strange things...

++ Thinlómien
Old 04-01-2006, 04:03 AM   #223
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
For the moment, I think Thinlómien rather suspicious... but we shall see.
Would you care to elaborate a bit?
Old 04-01-2006, 07:01 AM   #224
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I have returned to answer and say a few things.

I must say to you Farael that Eonwe is actually looking rather innocent to me. Why? Because of his persistance against me that I am a Wolf. For that reason as well as the fact that he's made posts with substance, I believe him to be innocent. But I also believe that you are probably innocent as well because of your insistance against Eonwe.

Next, I'd like to say that because we found Wilwa as a Wolf and she was part of Nogrod's list, I believe it would be a wise idea for us to either double lynch Lommy and Teleperca or to lynch one toDay and the other tommorrow.

Here are the votes so far:

Eonwe - 1 (Farael)
Lommy - 2 (Diamond, Form)
Teleperca - 1 (Lommy)

I am off for the time being, but I will be checking in regularly.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:05 AM   #225
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
Next, I'd like to say that because we found Wilwa as a Wolf and she was part of Nogrod's list, I believe it would be a wise idea for us to either double lynch Lommy and Teleperca or to lynch one toDay and the other tommorrow.
I agree with you, but please all villagers remember that we don't have double lynches. Thanks. Anyway, I stick to my idea to lynch Telperaca today. (See a few posts above.)
Old 04-01-2006, 07:19 AM   #226
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
I agree with you, but please all villagers remember that we don't have double lynches. Thanks. Anyway, I stick to my idea to lynch Telperaca today. (See a few posts above.)
*OOC - And that's what you get for just getting up: short term memory loss.

Well, in that case, I'm going to have to go back and analyse everything you two have said for the past two days. Be back in a bit with it.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:26 AM   #227
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

[QUOTE=GlirdanWell, in that case, I'm going to have to go back and analyse everything you two have said for the past two days. Be back in a bit with it.[/QUOTE] Well, basicly, there's nothing to analyse in Telperaca. She has posted only one post, if my memory serves. So you just have to analyse my posts and see if I look guilty or not. However, that is a disadvantage to me (in comparison to Telp) since everything you say in werewolf can be turned against you. Í don't like this. I've never liked being a tragic marthyr. I hope you don't make me one.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:29 AM   #228
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Lommy

Day 1

Post #33 - Tells Form not to start the self-votting thing. Quotes morm and says that she remembers saying something like this in another village. Agrees with Roa that Eonwe is acting suspiciously yet doesn't believe him to be a Wolf. Says Day 1 is useless on Day 1 yet it will come in handy later on and normally does. (I agree with her that Day 1's are useless yet come in handy later on but what on earth is with the "Day 1 is useless on Day 1" thing??)

Post #34 - Votes Nogrod in case she can't get back later.

Post #55 - Comes back and disagrees with Nogrod and Roa about the hints in the death post but says they can come in handy. Asks Nogrod about his interpretations and doesn't like Sleepy's versions either. Says she's going to skin through the posts more carefully and change her vote if need be.

Post #56 - Quotes Farael and asks him if he's serious. Asks what's so suspicious about random vote. (useless post)

Post #58 - Quotes Sleepy and says that she thought he was noting the current trend. Says she'd like to suspect Teleperca for a random vote but doesn't vote him(her?) because he's a newbie. (What I don't like about this is the fact in the post that I stated above, she asks why Farael suspects people who vote randomly. Yet here she goes and wants to suspect someone for a random vote.)

Post #59 - Corrects Farael about the spelling of her name.

Post #63 - Quotes Sleepy and talks about a "previous game" (whatever that is ) Quotes Farael and talks about the spelling of their names. (useless post, unless you want to go back over these so called "previous games")

Post #65 - Quotes Garin and says she admires this line
Quote:
Diamond said I was a possible cat. This I don't like because I know I am not .
As he is not lying. (Perhaps giving her an idea that she can use later on if she is a Wolf??)

Post #67 - Starts getting uneasy about Form's playing style (and I must agree on this. He has been playing rather odly, yet I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt as I did the same thing in the past few games.) Thinks him to be Wolfy, then corrects herself by saying Cat-like. (I don't know what to make of that part as she did correct herself...)

Post #69 - Retracts her vote for Nogrod and votes for Form instead.

Post #72 - Quotes Garin and asks him and others to post more substantially. (She's one to talk. Going back through these posts, there haven't been a lot of substantial posts.)

Day 2

Post #140 - Assumes that at least one Wolf voted for Sleepy to save him/herself. (This turned out to be true.) Thinks Farael innocent for his vote placement. Doesn't think Teleperca and Wilwa to be so stupid and attack Nogrod and says the same for herself. (Obviously this might not be true.)

Post #142 - Quotes morm and (rather defensively) tells him she never claimed to be innocent. Quotes morm once more and answers the quetsions that he asked.

Post #144 - Quotes someone and agrees that in a "game of ww" you should never underestimate somebody. (what is this "game" you speak of?? )

Post #148 - Roa asks her if she would like to help make an analysis of the Sleepy voters. She responds by saying she could, yet she thinks it would distract us from our main goal. (How will it distract us? It helps everyone out by seeing what has been said by those candidates and helps us to decide whos innocent and who we think is suspicious.) Says she's not suspicious of Wilwa or Garin yet will make an analysis of Kath. (This makes me uneasy because Wilwa turned out to be guilty.)

Post #150 - Says that if Garin does an analysis of Kitanna, she'll do Kath.

Post #151 - Kath analysis.

Post #152 - Finds two people who caughtr her attention, Alcarillo and Glirdan. Says we aren't posting substantially.

Post #153 - Votes Glirdan.

Post #155 - Asks Roa what his(her?) own thoughts on the list he just made.

Well, after that, Lommy is looking pretty guilty to me.

Teleperca

Day 1

Post #41 - Comes and votes Eonwe because he said something about running away.

Well, that was rather useless as it doesn't give us much to go on.

x-posted with Lommy.

Well Lommy, it's not my fault if you tip your hand accidentally.

++Lommy
Old 04-01-2006, 08:50 AM   #229
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I ask one favour. If you lynch me today, as you're evidently going to do, lynch Telperaca tomorrow. Since there's just one wolf left I think this matter should be cleared as soon as possible. If you don't want to do this my way (lynch Telperaca first) then don't and I will be a martyr. Maybe I can then sign up to Farael's game.

Glirdan, I don't like one thing in your analysis. You completely overlook toDay. Wouldn't you like to analyse it as well and why didn't you do that? And Glirdan I still don't like the fact that your posts consist mostly of analyses. Anyway, this time you added your own comments. Some progress, I see.

Quote:
Post #58 - Quotes Sleepy and says that she thought he was noting the current trend. Says she'd like to suspect Teleperca for a random vote but doesn't vote him(her?) because he's a newbie. (What I don't like about this is the fact in the post that I stated above, she asks why Farael suspects people who vote randomly. Yet here she goes and wants to suspect someone for a random vote.)
I said vague, not random.

And if you want to lynch me or Telperaca why don't you lynch Telperaca because she's proved herself quite useless this far?
Old 04-01-2006, 09:06 AM   #230
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Glirdan, I don't like one thing in your analysis. You completely overlook toDay. Wouldn't you like to analyse it as well and why didn't you do that? And Glirdan I still don't like the fact that your posts consist mostly of analyses. Anyway, this time you added your own comments. Some progress, I see.
I left out toDay on purpse because there really isn't any use as most of your posts will either be a defense or will be trying to get the suspicion off of yourself. If those come up, I will look at them, like I am now. In the posts before my analysis, I found absolutely nothing that worried me. As for my analyses, as I said yesterDay and in my analysis post, analysing helps me sort out my thoughts and I'm getting others to see my points for having suspicions. So I'm sorry if I'm trying to be a helpful villager in one of the only ways I know how that I am actually good at.

Quote:
Quote:
I said vague, not random.
True, but if you go back to that post, you said that it's like a random thing. Check if you don't believe me.

Quote:
And if you want to lynch me or Telperaca why don't you lynch Telperaca because she's proved herself quite useless this far
Because if she doesn't post toDay, the Modess will strike her down with her special Modess powers. Not to mention if she was a Wolf, she would actually post because it's dangerous to not post.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:24 AM   #231
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Thinlómien, speaks sense against Telperaca. She is going to die anyway, why risk loosing two innocent villagers today when unless something changed Telperaca will die anyway.

I have come to a rather opposite conclusion of Thinlomien than you Glirdan. I agree she has done some things that look rather suspicious but I don't think she is guilty. Rather I think she is fairly vocal and attempting to be helpful, but happens to choose the wrong path to persue. One thing I like about her is that she doesn't seem to always go with the current trend or the majority. She thinks for herself, and that is more than can be said of some of you.

If we want to talk about those who have been genuinely unhelpful we could include Formendacil in that number.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:31 AM   #232
mormegil
Maundering Mage

++Diamond18

I just got looking back at the voting and nobody has really done a deep analysis of this yet. But I noticed that both of Diamond's vote were done at a time that seem like an attempt to save both wolves. She voted for the other prime candidate during a crucial time. Fortunately we were able to overcome it and kill both cats but this is too much to pass over.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:03 AM   #233
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

1420!

Hmmmm... got a quick minute.

I like Thin's idea.

- - Thinlomien

+ + Telperaca

That's all I have time for.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:09 AM   #234
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Here's a list of yesterday's voting:

Garin (Roa, Kath, Kitanna) - 3
Eonwe (Farael, Morm, Diamond) - 3
Wilwarin (Garin, Alcarillo, Glirdan, Eonwe) - 4
Glirdan (Thinlo, Wilwa) - 2
Alcarillo (Form) - 1

If you notice, Wilwa voted for me. Who's to say that the other person (Lommy) who voted for me isn't a Wolf as well, and this was their way of trying to get rid of another innocent??

But now that I look back on this, it could also count against Eonwe who changed his vote plenty of times yesterDay. He's definetly one worth watching if Lommy and Teleperca end up not being a Wolf.

Another point against Thinlo. By attacking Kitanna last, night, she could be sure that no one could draw anything betweent them as Lommy didn't even mention Kitanna once except for the analysis bit which Garin said he'd do (he couldn't post his results). In short, their was not attachment between the two which made Kitanna the perfect attack for Thinlo.

Quote:
Thinlómien, speaks sense against Telperaca. She is going to die anyway, why risk loosing two innocent villagers today when unless something changed Telperaca will die anyway(morm)
Because it's a waste of a vote. We've got about, what, six hours left before the Day ends and she hasn't shown up once. I agree that this behaviour is awfully suspicious. However, this could also be another attempt by Lommy to get the suspicion off of her. I say that we lynch Lommy and let the Moddess take care of Teleperca if she doesn't show up. If she does, well...my vote would still be for Lommy because there is much more to go off.

Quote:
I have come to a rather opposite conclusion of Thinlomien than you Glirdan. I agree she has done some things that look rather suspicious but I don't think she is guilty. Rather I think she is fairly vocal and attempting to be helpful, but happens to choose the wrong path to persue. One thing I like about her is that she doesn't seem to always go with the current trend or the majority. She thinks for herself, and that is more than can be said of some of you

I agree that she is rather vocal and does make some substance in her posts, yet if you look at her Day 1 posts, there's barely any substance at all. I understand that it was Day 1 and Day 1's are blah, but that doesn't mean you can't post substantially. But we're all entitled to our own opinion so I will not try and change your mind morm.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:01 AM   #235
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
If you notice, Wilwa voted for me. Who's to say that the other person (Lommy) who voted for me isn't a Wolf as well, and this was their way of trying to get rid of another innocent??
I think that this itself is a a further indication of her innocence and makes me wonder about you. However I think you are more likely an obstinate innocent. It's not probable that the two cats would vote the same. Rather they would vote a bit differently and one would likely have either

1. Voted to help save their comrade (Diamond sticks out here)
2. Done a complete throw away vote (Formendacil sticks out here)
Old 04-01-2006, 11:05 AM   #236
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18
Well we could get into an argument about game tactics, but I personally like for votes to count, and don't think it's wolf/cattish to try and influence who gets lynched. *shrug*

So even if you are innocent I don't intend to eat my words... you wouldn't be the first innocent to be suspected by another innocent, so if my strategy seems cattish to others, well, so be it.

Like I said, a vote for Wilwa is pretty useless at the moment.
I just noticed this as well. It appears that Diamond is trying to make it seem like she wanted to vote for Wilwa but actually failed to do so. The voting was close enough and with retractable votes it could have changed. She attempted to add to the distance from Wilwa and Eonwe instead of voting who she actually stated she 'suspects' though I doubt she suspected her at all but is actually a partner in crime and villiany.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:57 AM   #237
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Morm,

I said a vote for Wilwa would be useless because at that point it would have created a tie. I think actually a three way tie. There was a flurry of activity that changed that . but at the moment of my typing, it was shaping up to be a Eonwe/Garn/Wilwa tie. Also I stated all Day yesterDay that I had no intention to vote for Wilwa/Thin/Telp because of my red herring theory in regards to Nogrod. So saying I was trying to make it sound like I wanted to vote for Wilwa is misrepresentation.

At any rate, if you feel it's in your best interest to lynch me, you must do as you must.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:10 PM   #238
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril back earlier that I expected... :)

Well, I think that we should just leave Telperaca alone, if we can't double-lynch her. She'll just die out anyway, and our problem will be solved. Anyway, don't you think she would be giving it a bit more time, if she was a cat? Not to mention, we are in such great shape. I've never seen cats lynched consecutively on the first and second days. We have plenty of innocents to spare, so I say we lynch away...

I agree with Glirdan that Farael is looking fairly good. Though I would have thought he would have given up by now, considering my voteing yesterDay. That cuts down on his innocents...but I'm not ready to vote for him yet. What I mean is, maybe he feels obligated to go after me because that's waht he's been doing. For some reason I think that makes him look bad...

I think we might actaully have a pretty hard time of this one. Look at all the people we have. Form, Acarillo, Morm, Kath, Roa, and Garin are heardly being talked about, as far as I can see, but there is nothing to prove their innocence. Just a thought...
Old 04-01-2006, 12:22 PM   #239
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I can understand where Lommy is coming from with the lynching Telp idea. If she doesn't post at all toDay she will be killed, and if we have another candidate for lynching and they turn out to be innocent as well we'll have lost two innocents in one Day. Ok, we have an advantage at the moment, but mistakes are dear.

Even so, it is Telp and Lommy that we need rid of toDay, in order that we have full knowledge of all the people on Nogrod's list. Once we know who or what they are we will either have won as all the Cat's will be gone or we will be able to look past that list.

But Glirdan, just picking up on a point you made about Lommy. I too have to keep checking my posts as I write wolves rather than cats, I don't think that's something you can use to make someone look suspicious. And you pushing so hard for Lommy's death is quite odd in itself.

That's all I have for now. I'll be back later.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:38 PM   #240
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
But Glirdan, just picking up on a point you made about Lommy. I too have to keep checking my posts as I write wolves rather than cats, I don't think that's something you can use to make someone look suspicious. And you pushing so hard for Lommy's death is quite odd in itself.(Kath)
I realise that point I made is rather irrelevant o you can completely disregard that. As for my pushing for Lommy's death, how can you not? The evidence is right in front of you. Look back at Nogrod's analysis of the death ryhme on Day 1. He got two of the three right!! Who's to say he didn't get the last one? The only way we can find out if this is true is to lynch Lommy and let the Moddess take care of Teleperca as she has not returned. That's why I'm pushing this. If we get it right toDay, we can end this insanity. Yes I realise that we are risking two innocent's, but that's what we call a sacrifice. However, I am not completely disregarding everything that's been said about others such as Eonwe and Diamond (and I must say morm, you bring up good points against Diamond).

Quote:
I think we might actaully have a pretty hard time of this one. Look at all the people we have. Form, Acarillo, Morm, Kath, Roa, and Garin are heardly being talked about, as far as I can see, but there is nothing to prove their innocence. Just a thought...(Eonwe)
I agree that there are some in there who haven't even crossed my mind (Kath, Alcarillo and Roa), yet I'm sure there are some out there who haven't forgotten about them. Form's actually had some suspicion due to his wierd playing strategy. Garin's had some votes and morm...well you can't forget about one of the most vocal (in a good way however) villagers who's got good things to say.

If you would like my suspcions list, I'll give it to you:

Suspicious
Lommy
Teleperca
Form

Probably Innocent
Eonwe
Farael
morm
Glirdan

In Between
Form
Diamond

Not Sure
Kath
Roa
Alcarillo
Garin

For my "suspicions list", I've given reason to support my thoughts as well as the "innocents list". Those "in between", I find suspicious yet they are probably innocent. The four under the "not sure" list, I have nothing really against or for their innocence.