The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-25-2006, 03:26 PM   #81
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Saucie, Nogrod, I'm sorry you haven't found me helpful. I thought my point about ducks laying false death trails was quite a good one, oh well...as for who I shall vote for, I don't yet know but shall, with bedtime looming, have to make up my mind shortly.
What I actually said, was:
Quote:
Lalaith has posted twice, being very careful not to say much of this or that.
Which is in no way a dismerit on what you said, but as you seemed to be very eager to downplay all the thoughts you were bringing forwards (it might be this... on maybe then not), I think it deserves the mentioning: being very careful not to say anything...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:44 PM   #82
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I see - fair enough. But that's just my way, I try to consider all options and possibilities, particularly in the early stages when we have so little to go on. I am saying things, but perhaps not as forcefully as some...
Old 04-25-2006, 03:53 PM   #83
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'm sorry, I'm too exhausted to do anything too analytical, but these are my thoughts on the day. I'm only really mentioning things that kept coming up.

Cailín - liked the way she said who she would not vote for, I think it was a good thing to throw out to try gauge reactions from people. It also means spawn and Ang (the people she mentioned) are liable to stay alive longer and that's good as both are helpful players.

As to this banter between Cailín and Ang, they were the only people about at the time!

Mith - I don't like her use of statistics. For once this has nothing to do with the fact that I dislike and am bad at maths, but that I'm pretty sure she's rather against statistics. Please, Mith, correct me if I'm wrong, but unless you do this is a sticking point for me.

Sleepy - I don't like his assertion that his vote will be random. Throughout Day 1 it is possible to formulate suspicions, unless you turn up 2 minutes before the deadline

Nogrod - continually mentioned the Owl. This is often regarded as suspicious but I'm more inclined to think that he was just trying to figure out how it worked and this may very possibly have helped the Owl, who will not have played the role like this before even if they've been the Seer.

morm - at this second I'm inclined to trust him (it won't last ) for that little list he created about the problems of the Goose. It was very sensible, and seemed genuinely helpful. But he is using far too many big words for my poor head right now

Roa and Nogrod's fighting seems normal enough. They've played together so many times that they're relationship is probably much like mine and morm's - we don't feel right unless we think the other guilty! Plus, like with Cailín and Ang, there weren't that many others around at the time.

However, Roa's statement about wanting to keep a very close eye on SPM seems a good idea to be rather than something to suspect her for. I'm not saying lynch him now just in case (though I have advocated this before), but he's an extremely smart player and we all know he can pull it off.

Voting:
Nilp --> Nilp
Ang --> Kath
Mith --> spawn

(Mith, I sincerely apologise now if any of those are the wrong order, I checked twice though so they shouldn't be!)

Right now my suspicions are hanging in the air. I can't see anyone to be truly suspicious over. I don't like that Jenny has been so uninvolved since what I've seen of her indicates she would be more into the game.

However, I am most likely to vote for Sleepy since his statement about random votes has not been retracted and I find that very odd given the good arguments against it so far.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:56 PM   #84
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Just caught up...sorry for my relative silence so far. A new internet policy at work means that I was being sneaky to show up earlier. Thankfully, dinner is now cooking (hubby's bbqing) and I feel much more free to speak up.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:57 PM   #85
Lote22
Animated Skeleton

Lote22 has just left Hobbiton.
I'm sorry I'm so late. This is the first chance I've gotten to come on. I've read through parts of what has happened and only one thing really popped out at me. Nilp's vote for himself. I think that's really weird.

So since this is sadly the only chance I'm going to get to come on tonight I'm going to vote now.

++Nilpaurion Felagund
Old 04-25-2006, 03:58 PM   #86
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
I have returned from my long tree herding. However, I will be leaving again to go and tree herd. I do believe that I'll be able to be back for the hooo huummm voting.

Quote:
How hasty you are in trying to stoke up the village’s prejudices against us Orckind, Glirdan. As the enlightened bird-catcher has pointed out, we make easy targets. But we are reformed Orcs, not the evil creatures of the olden tales. Many amongst you will know how useful I have proved myself in scaring the crows away from your crops. And so I hope to prove myself equally useful to the village in seeking out and destroying these Ducks of Udún.
I am not being prejudice. I am saying that once made evil, always evil. There are a few rare cases that have not turned out this way. Yet we cannot be to sure that this is the case with ye Orc and Spider (In case you didn't know, spawn is in fact a spider). I do not trust you and until some proof comes out saying that you are innocent, I shall always distrust you.

Quote:
I suppose it should not surprise me, coming from an overgrown twig such as yourself. But I wonder if there is some scheming behind your attempt to pick on the more vulnerable members of this village. I will be keeping an Orcish eye on you, Ent. ‘Tis oftentimes the case that those who arrive first at the scene turn out to be those who committed the grisly act.
And this overgrown twig could easily squish you into a pancake! Watch yourself Orc!!

Here's something odd that I found in Valier's first post:

Quote:
Gggggrrrrr What's all this? Diamond dead? *Strokes beard* I don't like the looks of this at all! I can't say I cared much for her poetry,but this is unacceptable! I never wanted her dead. We must do what we can to weed out these villans. I must take time to think on this, but I will return.
Slip of the tongue? Or the guilty concious of a Duck? I will keep my eye on you Dwarf.

Quote:
Glirdan the Ent is being oddly hasty. How curious. Perhaps he's no true Ent but, in fact, a foul (fowl?) webbed predator!

Yet he is, after all, a fairly young Ent. Almost an Enting by my reckoning. So, Glirdan, be not so quick to accuse on account of race. Outcasts of society, the unfortunate Orcs make easy targets, but I'm sure if we give them a chance they'll be a vast help to the community. Unless they are ducks, that is...
As you said, I'm still young. I'm only (even though it will seem old to all of ye) five hundred years old.

I must depart now. However, I will return later.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:03 PM   #87
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Just pulling over to sleep. I'll try to get my morning adrenaline a bit early from this game - and not from the morning paper only.

I'm inclined to see the "non-posters" then (it might have nothing to do with the "list" so far - we'll see that in the morning). Under-radar werecreatures just freak me out. If we have no better options then, I could go after them.

(And please: someone talked of the ducks picking the silent-ones at night. That would be bad policy from them. They take the one's they are afraid of - if there are no other, more pressing reasons.)
Old 04-25-2006, 04:06 PM   #88
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
(And please: someone talked of the ducks picking the silent-ones at night. That would be bad policy from them. They take the one's they are afraid of - if there are no other, more pressing reasons.)
Oh really Nogrod? And how would you be knowing this?
Old 04-25-2006, 04:12 PM   #89
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Oh really Nogrod? And how would you be knowing this?
Just basic reasoning...

Why would they kill people who won't contribute? Ok., there is the fact about people behaving differently as the game progresses. It's an important one. But anyhow. If I would be a duck - and thence know the innocents - I would be very happy to do away with people like Spawn or Roa (or whoever - my experience is limited), if I knew them innocents... really dangerous people to have discussing around and coming up with some well grounded ideas.

But just to make a question: why do you ask?

Ps. Sorry, I will be answering your possible answer at the last hours, the earliest...
Old 04-25-2006, 04:14 PM   #90
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

I asked because you seemed to have a lot of insight into this, and I was just wondering whether it was due to you having thought it through via some logic or because you were one!
Old 04-25-2006, 04:20 PM   #91
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Kath: Consider yourself a duck.
With whom would you like to play the last days of the game: lmp, Boromir & Firefoot (f.ex. - other combinations possible), or with Gil-Galad, Gandalf and Legolas in Spandex (other combinations possible)? You see the point? They want to get rid of certain people, and love certain others...

I don't think that seeing this takes any more intelligence - not to speak of werecreatury - than to add 3+5
Old 04-25-2006, 04:23 PM   #92
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Nogrod, if I am to consider myself a Duck then I must say I disagree. Think. You've lived through 4/5 Days without getting killed. Why would you want to be left with people who are difficult to sway?
Old 04-25-2006, 04:31 PM   #93
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Nogrod, if I am to consider myself a Duck then I must say I disagree. Think. You've lived through 4/5 Days without getting killed. Why would you want to be left with people who are difficult to sway?
I guess you didn't get my meaning (or I made it badly). If you are a werecreature, you don't want the "smart-people" to be around there - and you would love to play the rest of the game with those who post only once a day, and only rely on others' opinions... See it now? Kill the smart ones during the nights as soon as possible - leave the "not so threathening ones" alive...

And that's the reason, why hanging under the radar is so a beastie werecreature tactics! If we just ignore them, they could come on us from basically out of nowhere (I remember Alcarillo...).

EDIT: I think I see what you were thinking at: as I said with, I should have said against - if that makes it any clearer? I was thinkinig about "with" as you being the only duck / wolf (whatever) against these people...

Last edited by Nogrod; 04-25-2006 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:32 PM   #94
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
All right, stop the fighting, kids. Just arrived and am catching up. Aren't we a talkative village?

I shall have to vote soon... normally I'd set my alarm clock at 4:30 AM, but I need a good night's sleep.

Here's my personal list for now. Since it is Day 1, it is far from fixed and heavily influenced by recent developements.

Least suspicious (more or less in order)

Saucepan Man - because I recognise his logic. I respect his position on the Gifted debate and he has made some helpful contributions.
Valier - though she may be hiding behind her usual style, I see the same Valier as I am used to. I know she gets more helpful as the Days progress and she has a knack for spotting wolves purely based on intuition.
Lalaith - you give her no credit at all. Her posts are short, but really to the point-ish.
Anguirel - I am not saying I completely trust him, but he seems pretty much Anguirel.

Not so suspicious

Kath - she was late to our cause, but she tries. And tries.
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant - I miss her summary as of yet, but she is sensible still.
Roa_Aoife - same as Nogrod, she was aggressive and not afraid to take the bait
Nogrod - I have not yet played with him before... I have no idea what his usual tactics are. However, his plan was too blunt to be Duckish.

Clueless

Glirdan - too little info.
Nilpaurion - he is so annoying. Truly now.
Lote22 - too little info.
JennyHallu - same as above.
Elu Ancalime - same as above.

Weary (note that I have no true suspects yet. How could I?)

Sleepy Ranger - his random votes... lack of contribution... hesistancy to answer to suspicions and accusations... comments about the plan.
Mithalwen - I don't know her style, but I could not quite follow her vote for Spawn. That may be me, though.
Mormegil - he is just too easy to mistrust.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:34 PM   #95
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I agree with Kath, if I were a Duck I'd rather have talkative people near the end because amongst them I could blend in. So, by killing off the silent type, they leave very few clues. By why am I speculating on this? Meh.

Sadly I think it's prudent for me to vote currently my connection to our discussion at home has been acting strange lately so I will need to post my vote now to ensure that I get it in.

Now the question is who? Nilp makes good cannon fodder but is it an easy way out? But then again he could be guilty. Nogrod, his death would at least slow down the speed of this discussion but he may also be guilty. I'm really fairly clueless right now so as to spread things out a bit.

++Nogrod

there is a decent potential of this.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:34 PM   #96
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Aha! Yes Nogrod I get your point now, I think I read it the wrong way round before. If that's your stance then I agree.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:35 PM   #97
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Children, please!

I've been pondering on the Nilp question and I think I'll give him another chance. After all, if he did break the tradition, that would look suspicious, too...

So, who else? I'm not happy with the reasoning Sleepy and Glirdan have been coming up with. I don't understand the points Sleepy is making in his last post, and Glirdan's species-ism seems just spurious.

Of the two, I find Glirdan marginally more dubious.

++GLIRDAN

Edit: cross post with everyone since post 93
Old 04-25-2006, 04:39 PM   #98
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
++SLEEPY RANGER

I don't like adding another name to the mix, but I find him more confusing than Glirdan, whom I know to behave rather capriciously sometimes.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:43 PM   #99
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
1420!

Mmmm! Tasty rat’s tails.

But now to business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
However, on the Goosey Owl question, what if said Goosey Owl came up with, not a Duck, but a list of "known innocents"? Think of the confusion....
Possibly. But Goosey Owl would have to wait (and survive) a fair few Days before being able to do that. It is entirely unbelievable that an Owl would declare on Day 2 or 3 (mormegil’s hypothesis) with naught but a handful of innocents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
It worries me when peopel I know aren't stupid act stupidly. Saucepanman isn't ringing true to me.
*Bridles in an Orcish manner*

Might I ask in exactly what way I am acting “stupidly”? You may be right, but I wasn’t aware that I was, so it would be nice to know. And why exactly am I “not ringing true”? You did refer to my disquiet over your use of the word “league”. At that stage, very early in the day, I was simply throwing out suspicions here and there based on what little had been said in an effort to see if anything stuck. Doing what ordos are supposed to do - probing and prodding for signs of Duckish reactions. It was just something that jumped out at me, and it would not have meant much if not for your subsequent reaction. You seem very jumpy to me. And your accusations of spawn and me have no substance to them at all. Merely an unjustified “acting stupidly” and “not ringing true”. Oh and seizing on my first “in character” post for being insubstantive. To my mind, this all smacks of a Duck trying to make out a case against those she has targetted, but with very little to go on.

Quote:
NB I have just checked before posting - and seen SpM's latest post which I find somewhat reassuring.
Hmm, backtracking on me because your case against me was looking somewhat threadbare? Yet you vote for spawn simply on the basis of a rule query. Granted, it might be a ploy. But it seems to me much more likely that it was genuine. And it hardly constitutes good grounds for voting for someone who, if innocent, may prove very useful to this village. Again, it looks to me like you are trying to construct a case out of nothing against an opponent you perceive as dangerous.

I know that Mithalwen is no longer around to answer these points. But I see enough there to justify a vote against her. I may well go ahead on that basis. For now, however, I hesistate simply because Mith too is someone who will undoubtedly prove a redoubtable ally if she is innocent.

At the moment, my other main suspects are Nilp, for reasons stated earlier (although I am inclined to give him a chance and see how he acts tomorrow), Valier, for posting and being around without saying much of substance, and Kath, for much the same reason.

As far as Kath is concerned, I think Ang put it rather well when explaining his vote for her:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Kath has acted as a sort of clarifier but entirely eschewed involvement herself.
Although she has since gone some way towards making amends.

I also rather agree with Ang that mormegil is acting somewhat “Goosey”. But I am prepared to wait and see what his further contributions may bring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Spm. before you go on just disrepute away a discussion, I hope you would pay heed to my post #70 and come up with some real arguments. I said it earlier: the ducks will gain from rhetorics, personal authority, throwing things off as self-evident etc.
Nogrod, I have considered all that you have said, and I have not changed my mind. I have said just about all I really want to say on your proposals. To my mind they risk causing confusion, diverting the village away from its true goal and possibly putting the Owl in a spot. I have set out my reasons at length and they are “real” enough as far as I am concerned. If you disagree, well that’s a matter for you. The fact that you continue to pursue this hopeless cause mystifies me. I still think that, were you a Duck, you would be foolish to do so. Perhaps that’s what you want us to think, but you do seem genuine enough to me, albeit misguided. I am by no means convinced of your innocence, but I am inclined to to give you the benefit of the doubt for now. But please, enough of the Owl talk. Let’s start hearing your theories on who the Ducks might be.

I have a while before I must vote. Time to review the proceedings to date ...
Old 04-25-2006, 04:52 PM   #100
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Right now, there is so much going on in the village it is hard for me to jump in and analyze. The village is falling into crazy-confusion, and I'm going to try to be pretty organized rather than perpetuate the problem. I'm going to mention each villager in order of appearance, I think.

And before I begin: All I am likely to say on the whole Owl/Goose thing: In this village, only Lote is a novice, or even an amateur, and I tend to fall on the "shush up about the Gifted already" side of the fence. No one here is incapable of dealing with a Gifted role in an intelligent, if not brilliant manner: it's the equal brilliance we're likely to see from the Ducks that worries me. Therefore, I am looking for Ducks.

Glirdy: His first post is pretty much nonsense, and includes accusations of SPM and Spawn that I'm inclined to look at as pure randomness. He's not said anything else except for two "Ho Hum, I'm herding trees elsewhere" posts.

Morm: Morm is someone I'm inclined to expect a lot of, mostly because I know how helpful he can be. Today, aside from a single post speculating on the Owl, has been only defensive. Seems out of character.

Valier: Valier, in my opinion, has not been terribly helpful today. Several nonsense posts, one pure agreement post, and that leaves one of substance: in which she listed 4 names that stood out and said they're all being normal. While I wish she put more effort into being helpful day 1, I don't think we're seeing anything unusual from her.

Cailín: She and Ang squabble a little, but it doesn't feel like a serious thing, just joking around when noone else was around. She posts later (41) and starts to feel more like the thoughtful person we know. I don't like that she went back to the Owl speculation...but the tentative suspicions she expressed at the end of that post seemed thought out, or if not she honestly admitted it.

Anguirel: Ang has definitely been one of the more involved villagers today. As I said above, I'm discounting most of his squabble with Cailín. Just didn't seem to mean much. I have a lot of respect for Ang as a player: he's very articulate and comes across as very honest. I'm not going to spend a lot of time here because he feels genuinely innocent to me.

DSoU: She's only posted twice today, so don't expect to see a lot here. She had some confusion as to the rules that's been picked up on as a reason for vote. This makes little sense to me. I'd like to hear more from Spawn, but I don't think her question says anything towards her quackiness.

Lalaith: Has seemed sensible to me today, despite suspicion Nogrod has thrown her way. Once again, I don't like the Owl talk, but I have no complaint with Lalaith.

Nilp: Voted for himself...seems to be standard operating procedure. Withholding judgment (or any sort of opinion, really) until tomorrow.

Noggie: Finally quit beating the horse...*whew* I think it has been established that Noggie drives me crazy day 1. Every day 1. Without fail. But he really settles down into such a helpful person...day 1 is really too soon to tell with him.

SPM: I envy him his time to write long posts. However, I don't really feel that he's living up to his reputation at this point. We have lots of volume, most of it saying "Why aren't we looking for ducks?" His suspicions seem to be leaning toward Morm, Nogrod, and Nilp.

Kath: Says little, but to the point. No opinion.

Mith: As someone with mild blood sugar problems, I can accept her excuse for her posting today. But what she's said just...made no sense to me. At all.

Sleepy: Hasn't been helpful...and I don't really like random votes.

Roa: Now some aggressiveness from Roa I expect, but today has just felt a little crazy. I would rest easier if it didn't feel like she was jumping all over trivialities. SPM gave Nogrod credit for success in Owl-talk diversion, but I think it was Roa's crazy loud arguing that made it an issue.

Diamond: Whoops...how'd she get in there? Definitely innocent, as well as being the smartest and best looking person on the list. We shall miss her.

Elu: Has basically just popped in once.

ME: Again...sorry I haven't been around more. My internet habits are about to change drastically, as I am not really allowed on at work anymore. I fudged earlier, and I may be able to get away with it some...but don't count on it. (Trouble is, there's no more work or anything...just no 'Net. Spent most of today reading the dictionary.)

Lote22: Not around yet. But I wouldn't be too surprised if I cross-post with her. I'm likely to cross post with a lot of people doing this.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:21 PM   #101
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Right, it really is time for me to vote now. I won't vote for Mith toDay because she hasn't had a chance to come back and answer that point over her using statistics.

Jenny has suddenly appeared with a wealth of talk and opinions so she's off the list.

Which leaves:
++SLEEPY RANGER
Old 04-25-2006, 05:25 PM   #102
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe Busy day...

Finally... I can finally go to sleep now but first I believe I must leave a vote. I'm afraid my absence today hasn't been to the liking of people but you must understand I was terribly busy and had much to do. Anyway, my random vote policy and more or less everything I've said is staple for all my games and its always brought suspicion on me, I don't find any reason to change at the moment.

In views of self-preservation-

++Nilpaurion Felagund

I didn't really want to do that but as I've been terribly busy and haven't been given a chance to catch up on much of anything thats happened today I'm afraid thats my choice.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:35 PM   #103
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
OKay, I got home 45 minutes ago, and it has taken me all that time to just read through everything. To answer Saucie's request for more analysis- I like to hold my analysis until later in the game, when there are fewer players, or when the players can be broken into groups for more detail. I like detail. A lot.

I like to give the quiet people the benefit of the doubt on Day 1. Sometimes people just need to get into the swing of things. And who knows? Maybe if we let Nilp live, he'll be useful. If he pulls the same stunt tomorrow, I'll probably vote for him, and advocate his banishment from Werewolf. (People like that just take up space and make the game less fun. And if he is a Duck, I find it terribly unsporting and he should be ashamed of himself.) Also, this random vote thing has been Sleepy's deal for the past few games, therianthrope or not. Actually, in the games where he was the enemy he attempted helpfulness on Day 1. So if anything, I think this lowers him on the suspect list.

I finally realized what seemed wierd to me about Nogrod. In the past few games he's been toning down his agression. Now it's suddenly back at it's full peak, including his agression towards anyone (namely me) who didn't agree with him. Strange, did he just decide to drop his (albeit relatively) subdued manner in the passion of his argument? Or is he just being a bold Duck?

Mith, I honestly don't see what you're getting upset at me over. I never said it was a high suspicion. I was just throwing things out, trying to get a bite. You bit quite well, I might add. I understand your current issues, so I'll let it go. Also, having worked with in wolfish behavior, I doubt you would be this jumpy if you really were a Duck. I'll let you slide today, but your look at Spawn seemed to be grasping at straws.

Glirdan strikes me as odd. Note that in this post he seemed to address all questions raised in his direction without actually answering them. Really, it was just more nonsense, and I know he's capable of more.

As a note to all villagers, please remember this is a game, and taking too much offense to what's being said is rather silly and childish. In the same token, please try not to be insulting or condescending in your posts (ie using words like stupid, etc...)

Edit: Corss posted with Kath and Sleepy.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:45 PM   #104
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Since it's almost that time

Current votes
Nilp --> Nilp
Ang --> Kath
Mith --> spawn
Lote22 --> Nilp (2)
Morm --> Nogrod
Lalaith --> Glirdan
Cailin --> Sleepy
Kath --> Sleepy (2)
Sleepy --> Nilp (3)

9 people have voted, so that leaves 8 votes. Concievably, the lynch could go either way. I really don't want Nilp or Sleepy to die, since I'm curious as to what they'll do on Day 2. Especially Nilp. I know Sleepy will get better, and he has a legitimate excuse.

Old 04-25-2006, 05:48 PM   #105
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

My suspicions right now fall mostly on Roa, Mith, and Sleepy.

Roa because it really felt to me like she was the worse aggressor in the whole argument with Noggie, and she seems to be pushing all of that onto Nogrod.

Mith because she didn't really make the logical sense today she usually does.

Sleepy is just someone I'd rather lose than Nilp, who seems to prove very useful after day 1. Sleepy, if your regular way of playing regularly gets you lynched early and innocent, to me that's a reason for change.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:56 PM   #106
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I find Sleepy's sudden vote for Nilp as odd. I know the whole 'self-preservation arguement' so don't bother. However notice how it came immediately after he became tied with Nilp. Obviously Nilp is a person that would be easy to get lynched today so it does seem highly suspect to me.

That being said I think Roa made some good points about Nogrod and it's worth considering.

Quote:
I finally realized what seemed wierd to me about Nogrod. In the past few games he's been toning down his agression. Now it's suddenly back at it's full peak, including his agression towards anyone (namely me) who didn't agree with him. Strange, did he just decide to drop his (albeit relatively) subdued manner in the passion of his argument? Or is he just being a bold Duck?
My general opinion is that he would be a bold duck.

Incidentally I didn't go straight home but rather went to my Grandmother's house.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:00 PM   #107
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Was it over the river and through the woods?

I think I'm willing to give Noggie the benefit of the doubt today. As I said, he really didn't seem as aggressive as he has in the past.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:02 PM   #108
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elu Ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elu Ancalime
I feel obligated to vote but I'd like to form my own personal philosophy to ntoe vote Day 1, because I don't have as much time to analyze, and I'm surprised (should I be?) that there is already legemite (or at least trying to look like it) disscussion.
________
Bob bondurant

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Elu Ancalime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:16 PM   #109
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny
Roa because it really felt to me like she was the worse aggressor in the whole argument with Noggie, and she seems to be pushing all of that onto Nogrod.
At what point did I try to foist the blame onto Nogrod? I did no such thing. The only who even mentioned blame over the argument was Saucie, and he put at only slightly less guilty than Nogrod. While I dislike Nogrod's plan, I don't find that itself to be suspicious. Nogrod always comes up with this sort of thing on Day 1. It was his method of argument, and the voice he used that caught my attention. He has been far more agressive today than he has in the past few games.

And, Elu, you're visible again.

Old 04-25-2006, 06:25 PM   #110
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elu Ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elu Ancalime
Thanks Valier and Roa for letting me know. Just getting back into town I was rushed to check in, but I'm good now. (I think)
________
Buy Marijuana Seeds

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Elu Ancalime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:26 PM   #111
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
This really felt to me like you were trying to distance yourself from the fact that YOU were the only one to argue with him, and in my opinion you felt incredibly more aggressive than he did.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:32 PM   #112
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Firstly, I wasn't the only one to argue with him- I was just the one who argued the loudest. Secondly, I never compared my agressiveness to his- I just compared his current agressiveness to his past agressiveness. I also don't see how I was "incredibly" more agressive than he was. I think we were about the same, actually. You're making mountains out of molehills, Jenny, which concerns me, since I've only ever seen you do that as a wolf.

Last edited by Roa_Aoife; 04-25-2006 at 06:33 PM. Reason: I had a firstly with out a secondly
Old 04-25-2006, 06:50 PM   #113
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
I do not trust you and until some proof comes out saying that you are innocent, I shall always distrust you.
The feeling is mutual, my woody friend. But we have moved on from the “in-character” banter. I have no reason at the moment to suspect you any more or any less than most of the others present. Although it has to be said that your point about Valier was rather weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
SPM: I envy him his time to write long posts. However, I don't really feel that he's living up to his reputation at this point.
Please, be gentle with me. I'm a Werewolf Junior virgin …

Anyway, I have reviewed the Day, but have little to add to what I said earlier.

I do feel that I owe our Halfling Chubb Fuddler an apology. On reflection, I see that Lalaith has contributed more than I gave her credit for earlier, and with far less verbosity than I. Mostly sensible and constructive. A little thin on the probing and prodding of other villagers, which I still think is the best Day 1 approach, but everyone‘s different I suppose. Certainly, nothing to cause major alarm at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Ranger
H'llo ladies and gentlemen, you all know me as Sleepy Ranger, I've never been anything significant in your community seeing how I've always stuck to myself but now... aye, now it seems you need all the help you can get and I'm here to offer all that I can.
A curious offer from one who has done little to aid the cause so far. He has attracted some criticism for his declared intention to vote randomly. Like others, I dislike random votes. And, while I believe it is a standard approach for Sleepy, the same points that I made about Nilp apply (interesting then that he voted for Nilp). For now, as with Nilp, I am prepared to tolerate his lack of constructive contribution. I hope to see more from him in the future, though.

My main suspicions remain with Mithalwen at the moment. Indeed, my review has heightened them. She berated me for accusing her on the basis of her referring to the Hawk and Nightingale being “in league”. In fact, I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
That's a strange way of putting it. Referring to them being "in league" makes it sound slightly sinister, whereas this is very much to our advantage. Still, I s'pose a Duck would have chosen her words more carefully ...
Not really an accusation. More a thought, really - one which I pretty much dismissed myself. And yet she reacted quite strongly to it:

Quote:
But you see I know I am innocent so the fact that 2 people who said (in posts 12 and 16) that we should make serious efforts to find the ducks find me suspicious for a fine semantic distinction and my habitually excessive punctuation creep me out.
As I said earlier, she‘s coming across to me as jumpy. Both to my musing about her use of the word “league” and spawn’s comment about her exclamation marks. Neither were serious comments (mine was certainly not and I doubt that spawn’s was) and yet Mithalwen’s reaction was perhaps telling. Roa thinks she’s too jumpy for a Duck. I beg to differ.

For that reason, and because she seems deliberately to have tried constructing spurious cases against spawn and I, I feel justified in voting for her. I know that I’m not a Duck and I have no reason at the moment to think spawn is one. Mith may be a valuable ally, if innocent. But she is also a fearsome opponent if guilty. And, right now, she’s looking decidedly guilty to me. So …

++ MITHALWEN

I am quite aware that my vote is widening yet further a field that is already well spread. But that may be no bad thing. And I am not inclined to consider saving Nilp or Sleepy (and would not be even were I not suspicious of them myself). If they get lynched, it’s their own silly fault for random/suicidal voting.

And that’s me done for the Day. I’m off to my nice cosy hovel for a good night’s rest. G’night all.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:08 PM   #114
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Roa, I think most of your experience with me has been in wolvish or orcish past lives of mine. Really it felt like, while many people disagreed with Noggie, you were the only one to argue with Noggie. A fine distinction, but one that makes a great deal of difference to me. I feel very nervous when the village battle escalates beyond a cold war...loud arguments rarely accomplish anything but distraction. And I consider you to know better than to bait poor Noggie into one.

I think I'm going to go ahead and vote, as I'm off to have family time and don't know if I'll make it back.

I am pretty unsure where my vote is going to go, though, and I don't really want to widen the vote any further. I think I'm going to go with...

++Sleepy. I don't think we can afford to get rid of Nilp day 1. The suicide thing is odd, but normal. I'd like to stay out of the whole Sleepy/Nilp thing, but not if I have to leave 2 hours before sundown. I'll see how things look tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:10 PM   #115
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*pokes head back in* Where'd everybody go? Did the Ducks get evryone while I was eating?

Well, I have only a little bit more time, so I'll vote now.

++Glirdan

For the reason I posted earlier. I have to go talk to Comissioner Gordon about todays events, right after evening cadence. (Read: Time to call my boyfriend and go to bed.)

Old 04-25-2006, 08:25 PM   #116
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Current votes
Nilp --> Nilp
Ang --> Kath
Mith --> spawn
Lote22 --> Nilp (2)
Morm --> Nogrod
Lalaith --> Glirdan
Cailin --> Sleepy
Kath --> Sleepy (2)
Sleepy --> Nilp (3)
SPM-->Mithalwen
Roa-->Glirdan
Valier-->Nilp(4)

Well the time is drawing near and I am still unsure who to vote for......

It's hard to make a case for anyone on the first day,but out of all the lynchee's so far I find Nilp to be the most......ok well it always bugs me that he is so suicidal,and I always wonder about his innocence the whole game until he dies. So to put my mind at ease I shall vote for..

++Nilpaurion Felagund

Last edited by Valier; 04-25-2006 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Added my own vote
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:57 PM   #117
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Deadline is in 4 minutes. I don't hold with not voting....
Old 04-25-2006, 09:03 PM   #118
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Ceasefire

Deadline is now. Death will be up shortly.

Final vote count:

Nilpaurion Felagund: IIII (Nilp, Lote, Sleepy, Valier)

Sleepy Ranger: III (Cailín, Kath, Jenny)

Glirdan: II (Lalaith, Roa)

Kath: I (Anguirel)

DSofU: I (Mithalwen)

Nogrod: I (Morm)

Mithalwen: I (SpM)

---

Spawn, Nogrod, Elu, and Glirdan did not vote. You have to vote tomorrow or you will die!

Last edited by Diamond18; 04-25-2006 at 10:06 PM. Reason: added vote count and stern warning
Diamond18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:34 PM   #119
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Leaf End of Day 1

The village was thrown into turmoil over the Halfling Poet’s death -- chaos and loud arguments reigned. Towards the middle of the day Nilpaurion Felagund arrived and summoned a hundred pigeons, then declared amidst a flurry of feathers and... other... pigeon droppings;

“Kill me! I am a Wereduck!”

“Uh, okay,” agreed the villagers. “If you say so.”

Lote was the first to step forward. She tried to seize the manic ninja but was outmaneuvered for several minutes, as the pigeon master laughed and darted to and fro.

“I think we should kill Sleepy,” Cailín said as she watched Nilp karate chop the struggling Lote.

“Yes, let’s,” nodded Kath.

“Quite. Let’s off him,” came the decree from Jenny, the Mountain-top Guru.

“No way!” said Sleepy. “Oh wait, I mean... You Do No Want To Kill Me.” He waved his hand surreptitiously and arched his eyebrow, giving the villagers an esoteric look. “You Want To Kill Nilp Instead.”

“Oh for pity’s sake,” Valier rolled her eyes, “just stop talking and help me kill him, then!”

And so with a whoosh Sleepy turned on his light-saber and advanced upon Nilp. “Die, Duck!” he cried.

“Ha ha!” said Nilp, then uttered a confusing string of Non-English words which you will have to imagine because the narrator is not bilingual *cough*. “Have at me, Jedi Fool! You are no match for the Duck Side!”

They did battle there, in the growing dusk, parrying and thrusting and executing cool martial arts moves all around the village. Sleepy slew many pigeons as Nilp summoned them to attack. They dove at Sleepy’s eyes and pecked at his hair and aimed projectiles of an organic nature at him, but still he fought. Nilp avoided his every move, though, and it was in vain that his light-saber made cool noises in the night air.

It seemed the battle would go on forever, Jedi against Ninja, but then an odd thing happened.

During a particularly heated exchange of insults between the He-Warriors, Valier and Lote snuck up behind Nilp and doused him with a bucket of hot wax.

He screamed as the burning liquid got in his eyes, nose, and mouth. Waves of steam rose from him as he fell to the ground. He rolled and twitched and gurgled in a most unbecoming manner. Then, he changed.

His nose elongated into a hard bill and his arms sprouted into wings. His nimble ninja feet transformed into webbed feet with talons. But it did not save him.

“I’m mellllttiiinnnnnggg!” he cried. And then, he neither breathed nor quacked no more.

“Yeah,” said Sleepy, sheathing his light-saber, “that’ll teach him to mess with me.”

~~~~~~~~~

~ The Dead ~

Diamond Took, the Halfling Poet ~ Villager ~ Pecked to death on Night 1
Nilpaurion Felagund the Elven Pigeon-Summoning Ninja ~ Wereduck ~ Waxed on, waxed off on Day 1

~ The Living ~

Anguirel the Baritone Bird Catcher
Mithalwen the Elven Saggar Maker's Bottom Knocker
Saucepan Man the Orcish Scarecrow
Mormegil the Elven Idleman
Valier the Dwarven Millet Spray Picker
Nogrod the Dwarven Personal Fitness Instructor
Kath the Rainbow Catcher
Cailín the Bird-portraitist
Roa Aoife the Batwoman
Glirdan the Entish Tree Herder
Lote22 the Elven Igloo Maker
Lalaith the Halfling Chubb Fuddler
JennyHallu the Halfling Mountaintop Guru
Elu Ancalime the Didgeridoo Dwarf
Sleepy Ranger the Exiled Jedi Master
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant the Spider Loving Orcish Astronaut

Last edited by Diamond18; 04-25-2006 at 09:40 PM. Reason: minor formatting
Diamond18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:00 PM   #120
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Leaf Day 2

The next morning the villagers arose and gathered in the town square to do a head count. They also joined hands and sang Kum-Bah-Ya, but that’s of little consequence. What is of consequence is that everyone was present and accounted for, and so there was much rejoicing, dancing, and drinking of strong wines.

However, after the euphoria passed, they decided that the remaining Ducks must still be eradicated, and so talk of execution began once more.

~~~~~~~~~

~ The Dead ~

Diamond Took, the Halfling Poet ~ Villager ~ Pecked to death on Night 1
Nilpaurion Felagund the Elven Pigeon-Summoning Ninja ~ Wereduck ~ Waxed on, waxed off on Day 1

~ The Living ~

Anguirel the Baritone Bird Catcher
Mithalwen the Elven Saggar Maker's Bottom Knocker
Saucepan Man the Orcish Scarecrow
Mormegil the Elven Idleman
Valier the Dwarven Millet Spray Picker
Nogrod the Dwarven Personal Fitness Instructor
Kath the Rainbow Catcher
Cailín the Bird-portraitist
Roa Aoife the Batwoman
Glirdan the Entish Tree Herder
Lote22 the Elven Igloo Maker