The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-09-2008, 08:28 AM   #281
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
Still kicking myself for letting up on Nogrod at the last minute - again .. having harped on the same note for 3 days I once again doubted myself ..and failed ot vote for the woluf when it counted.
...and did vote for someone else quite randomly.

Elf Warrior:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EW
Yellow light:
Kath
. I haven't seen much suspicious behaviour, but Kath being a wolf would seem to fit in with Gwath's lycanthropy. That doesn't mean she's a wolf, though.
Well, who wouldn't "fit", anyone would "fit" if you look at it from the right angle.

I just think that the suspicions against Kath are a bit off - her posts look fairly normal to me.

I'm quite convinced that what went on between Sally & Nogrod yesterday was supposed to look too obvious to be obviously obvious - if she's not a wolf, I'm willing to bet she's a cobbler.

Third time's a charm? *crosses fingers*

++SALLY

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:10 AM   #282
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
So very much true to type then Oddone? And given your vote you cant' condemn me to much for my choice.... Trouble is I know I work too much from instinct - but sometimes they can be right though I can't really explain why they feel so right, eg Nogrod. Other times I can be spectacularly off which is why Nogrod's where is your proof finally got to me .... anyway I need to do my read through so......

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #283
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Ah here we see the downside of the deaths of loud players! Though it is nice not to have so much to catch up on.

At any rate, I said I would look at Legate so I will do that, have a quick look at what's been going on toDay and then vote and head off. It's going to be note form I'm afraid as I'm in a bit of a rush to finish before my housemates have finished making me dinner!

Legate:
Ooh I missed this, there was discussion of the number of wolves. Perhaps not suspicious in itself, or an aim to cause confusion. Says Nog and Mith are the wolves. A clever bluff? Mention Nog along with someone a wolvish Legate knows to be innocent? Then says Nog is actually innocent. Argues with Lommy, does an immediate turn around and says she's innocent. Covers his trail there if he is a wolf and killed her. Gave Gwath the all clear. Not sure about this, would a wolvish Legate clear both his fellows? Ah a mention of me regarding Mith. I said she's playing for fun, which made me think her innocent. The reason I say this for Mith is because if she is anything other than ordo she tends to freak out a bit, thus far I haven't seen that from her so I'm thinking innocent. It may be that she has got better at covering her tracks, I don't know. Varied his suspicion of Gwath through the Day, lowering it more as it got closer to deadline time. Why the wink when he says he might vote Nogrod? Then finally a no vote. Didn't know how not to make a vote look suspicious at the end?

Says who Lhuna didn't dream of, which is an odd way to start. Also starts suspicion of Nog up. This though, is making me think not a fellow wolf. Although I think it possible that Nog would be willing to be sacrificed by Legate in order to make him look spotless. But so early in the game? Had pretty much cleared Gwath the Day before yet has him in the Orange Zone, saying it was like the Day before that he found him somewhat suspicious. Hedging his bets? But to have both fellows as top suspects would be brave. Votes Nog, and says he doesn't mind Nog or Gwath going. It's a very bold game for a fellow wolf.

Thought Sally would die not Volo, and decides he needs to re-look at Nog given Gwath being a wolf, maybe taking the chance to clear Nog's name? Circular argument over whether there could be a Gwath-Nog duo. Pretty much clears Nog from his suspicion list. Then pulls him back onto it. Me too it seems, for repeating something he said. As it happens I was replying to Lommy not Legate so didn't know I was doing such a thing. Votes me but reiterates suspicion of Nog.

'I knew Nog was one' is an interesting way to start the Day considering the Day before he'd been so completely unsure he hadn't been able to bring himself to vote for Nog.

Hmm, do you know I'm wrong about Mith. A couple of her posts on Day 2 are actually quite defensive. As for the leaving threat ... well that I recall from a past game.

Also, the more I've read of Sally the more suspicious I'm finding her. Maybe Legate's arguments on her aren't quite as odd as they looked. But then Legate says Sally never interacted with Nog and that's not strictly true. While they may not have directly spoken to each other almost everything Sally was doing was based around what Nog was doing.

I've now ended up with three suspects. I simply can't make up my mind on Legate. He feels so suspicious to me but when I try to find evidence to back up why it just takes me round in circles. Mith is slowly starting to rise up that suspicion list too but I want to see more from her before I decide on anything. Sally - I just have trouble believing anyone could follow so blindly. Has she been a wolf before? Would she follow because Nog was more experienced? I think it's possible, but at the same time, to make it so obvious?

No, I'm going to go with my original suspicion.

++LEGATE

Because he did argue in circles with Gwath, and he did change his suspicion on Nog depending on which way the village wind was blowing. I don't like this vote. I'm unsure and I don't like that I'm voting for someone who may not be back to defend himself, as it usually strikes me as unfair. But, he is top of my suspicion list.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:22 PM   #284
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I think I'm cursed. Every time I try to post, my computer/Internet freezes up. Maybe a quick post about something else will break the "curse."

Noggie's stranger-than-usual behavior towards myself....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggie
Legate: have I missed something or why do you think the wolves should have killed Sally?
Basically confirming that I shouldn't have died that night, and that killing me would make no sense. Maybe he was just second guessing the killing of Volo? I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggie
Quote:
Originally Posted by me (Sally)
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005
Most likely because I tied the voting between you and Gwath.
So? I still don't see the point...

And a word of caution to my suggestion of watching Lommy: the voting records just caught my eye. Lommy voted for Gwath on Day1 as the second last voter (one minute before the DL) bringing him one vote away from Lhuna. In the end there were three people who didn't vote that Day but I'd say that would be really bold move from a fellow-wolf because she couldn't know who would vote and whom! I'll take that as an argument on her favour. It would just have been a bit too risky.
Doesn't even acknowledge the fact that A: I saved his tush, and B: I was the instrumental vote in getting Gwath lynched. Still doesn't see this as important even after Legate and I explained it to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Sally brought Gwath level with me yesterDay at the last minute while it would have been easy for her to vote me just saying something like "let's check Noggie out then" or something and thence gen an innocent lynched & save her mate. And as I said earlier it would be a bit too high a price with this many villagers left for a wolf to buy "credence" with a fellow-sacrifice.
Suddenly I'm given the all clear from him? Why? For the exact reason he didn't understand/agree with previously. :eek!:

Sacred bovine! He set me up!!!!!

EDIT: x'd with Kath
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:26 PM   #285
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Side note: Unless I'm mistaken, Elf has only made six posts....this ENTIRE game. If we're looking for a quiet wolf, I think he's a safe bet. Anyway, laptop is behaving again, so I'll get to that post I promised you all.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:32 PM   #286
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elf-warrior View Post
I have poem for you all. It's entitled "A Bucket Has Been Kicked"

Who is a wolf, I can not tell.
The thoughts in my head aren't clear as a bell.
Is it Mithalwen?
Or could it be Lhunardawen?
Or is it another?
All I know is the dairy farmer has been smothered
By men who take the shape of lycanthropes.
This problem has got this village by the throat.

Ok, on to business. Nogrod's critique of group based arguments in post 15 should be heeded. I'd like to add that the odds of being a wolve are x out of 14 (x=how many lycanthropes there are in this village.) If I had to guess, Nogrod's probably clean. Also, it doesn't matter whether someone has been a wolf before, the odds of someone being a wolf this time are still the same. Lhuna, Legate didn't say everyone was a cobbler, he said everyone was acting like a cobbler. On the other hand, the contents of your list may have been intended for humour as Lommy said, thus making your statement less suspicious in my opinion. As to Lommy's complaint about voting because one has to suspect someone seems perfectly innocent to me. As to Mithalwen, I'm inclined to agree with Kath that she's not a wolf on the grounds that she's playing for fun. I'll vote closer to the deadline.
Pretty much starts out silly. Though he almost seems like he has taken the liberty of explaining Noggie's posts for him. Not a whole lot to say on this (especially on my SIXTH attempt at a now-brief post) so let's just say that it makes me a tiny bit uncomfortable. Not a lot, but with Elf there's not a lot to go on, so I feel like I need to mention everything.

Quote:
Nogrod,I can see why you would reason so, but I disagree. Maybe I'm an innocent who is looking for guidance, and who is persuaded by what you say.

++Aganzir

I agree with you about wolf plans, and you seem all right, but I'm going on a hunch. Please forgive me if you aren't a wolf.
Now this bothers me. "Maybe I'm an innocent and you're fooling me?" It seems to me like Elf is setting up an insanity defense well in advance.

Quote:
Sorry for my quietness, all. Here's my list in rough order of suspiciousness:

Green light:
Mith. There's the possibility that Lhuna dreamt of her innocence, and I just don't see her being a wolf.
Oddwen. Possible seer dream and 2nd DAY vote for Gwath pretty much clear her.

Sally. Her vote seems to clear her, and because she said But if Nogrod is a wolf, that would negate this evidence because she would have been choosing between two wolves. However, she was on Gwath's case earlier so unless Gwath was a sacrificial wolf, she is pretty much in the clear.
Legate. If I had to guess, I'd say he's innocent. I think that Lhuna's gut feeling was right, that Gwath was trying to suck up to Legate. See post #36.

Nogrod: My feeling is that Gwath come against Nogrod too hard for him to be a wolf. But Lommy's arguments make me not completely write off the possibility that Nogrod is a wolf.

Lommy. Her vote against Gwath seems to clear her and I didn't find her that suspicious.

I wouldn't focus on any of these right now. I'd focus on my last two.

Yellow light:
Kath
. I haven't seen much suspicious behaviour, but Kath being a wolf would seem to fit in with Gwath's lycanthropy. That doesn't mean she's a wolf, though.

Red light:
Nerwen.
That thing about the wolves killing Lhuna doesn't sit well with me. Her being a wolf would also fit in with Gwath.

++Nerwen

What you can do, Nogrod, is make a clear and convincing vote for a wolf. Just my two cents.
Again, seems like a subtle-ish packmate tip. Now, I did much the same thing, thinking that Noggie couldn't possibly be packmate to Gwath, but since I know my role and not Elf's I need to be critical of this behavior, as I expect people to say the same of me. The last part, again, packmate advice. "Make a smooth vote, or you're in deep Padawan Poo[h]."

Quote:
I'm sorry, Nogrod, I saw, but I didn't observe. Looking at Nogrod's DAY 2 vote again, about the only way I can see Nogrod being a wolf is if Gwath was a sacrificial wolf, so you're probably innocent. *casts a sideways glance at Lommy* Hear the man out. Vote Nerwen.
Now that we know that was the case, this looks especially bad. Again, I made the same mistake, but since Elf has had so many other things suspicious about his posts, this is worrisome.

Quote:
Sally, you said something about strange ties. How strangely? Faith, even with losing my wits. I could kick myself for trusting Nogrod.

My last post yesterDAY was cross posted, but when I saw that I had cross-posted (including with Nogrod's post saying that I had lit a fire, but I didn't cross post with his statement saying he had already cast a clear and convincing vote for a wolf), the deadline had already past.
Possible. If this is the case, I am truly sorry, but I cannot trust anyone anymore, not after what happened with Noggie.

Quote:
I've been wondering, how likely is it that there were four wolves in this village? In post #204 Legate said, "if we have three wolves..." He later says there could be two or three. We know there were more than two. Am I just being too pessimistic here?

Legate, I'd say she did directly interact with Nogrod.

In the very next post Sally quotes this statement without an "originally posted by..." and says,
Defending me in a way. So if he's the other wolf he's definitely continuing the set-up job on me.

EDIT IN ADVANCE: I'm posting all this just to make sure I don't have to go through and find it all again. Then I'll add in my bits. Sorry, but I'm sick of having my posts get eaten, so I'm going to be a little shady and edit my way into a post. Thanks for understanding!

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 05-09-2008 at 12:54 PM. Reason: okay. all my stuff posted in, no further edits from me. sorry for being unconventional. you understand
Old 05-09-2008, 12:41 PM   #287
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Oh my gosh! It did it again!
Old 05-09-2008, 12:52 PM   #288
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
We're running out of time. Looking at those quotes you provide, Sally, I think I'll give it a try–

++The Elf Warrior.

Of course if it is Sally after all, I'll feel like a right idiot. Ah well.

EDIT: fixed bolding.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:53 PM   #289
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Difficult... nearly read through and find reasons to trust Kath and Oddie and suspect still Legate and Sally ...... Was sally choosing between her two companions in 171? Was Legate part of the elaborate trio of day one interaction...

Old 05-09-2008, 12:56 PM   #290
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I know, I can't get a clear lead on anyone– it's almost random now...
Old 05-09-2008, 12:58 PM   #291
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I think that either Legate or Sally is likeliest ...
you and EW less likely and Kath and Oddone least likely... though Kath has pulled the wool over my eyes frequently her behaviour seems ok

Old 05-09-2008, 12:58 PM   #292
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

++Sally

Old 05-09-2008, 12:58 PM   #293
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Well, unless a miracle occurs, and I doubt it will, I'm dying today. So let me take the opportunity to say thank you to everyone in the game. It'll be my last game until fall, and I'll miss playing with all of you until then. I'll lurk around and watch games though, so make sure to make your posts enjoyable.

Before I (possibly) go, I'd just like to say....erm, I really am an ordo. But that' okay. You'll probably do fine without me.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:59 PM   #294
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Yup. I'm dead. Oh well. Good luck in the game, everybody. Kill the wolf/wolves.

May as well go out voting for my main suspect:

++Elf
Old 05-09-2008, 01:00 PM   #295
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

close decision but can't help thinking that 171 was that she would prefer to keep the most experienced and dominant packmate..

Old 05-09-2008, 01:00 PM   #296
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Sally don't do that!!!! gah

Old 05-09-2008, 01:02 PM   #297
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Aieee I missed teh EW stuff in my own review ...*starts self kicking again*

Old 05-09-2008, 01:02 PM   #298
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Not another tie?
Old 05-09-2008, 01:03 PM   #299
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Day four votes....my last attempt at helping the village....
Legate-->Sally at 3:58am
Oddie-->Sally at 2:28pm
Kath-->Legate at 6:14pm
Nerwen-->Elf at 6:52pm
Mith-->Sally at 6:58pm
Sally-->Elf at 6:59pm
No voter: Elf

Good luck everyone!
Old 05-09-2008, 01:03 PM   #300
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Not another tie?

No. No more ties. I'm dead.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:04 PM   #301
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Aieee I missed teh EW stuff in my own review ...*starts self kicking again*
That's okay. Don't fret; I deserved the lynch for following Noggie so blindly. Just make sure to catch the last wolf/wolves for me, will you?
Old 05-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #302
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I'll do my best. Fare thee well.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:08 PM   #303
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I'll do my best. Fare thee well.
Yup. You too. Oh, and look at what Noggie said about Elf. Sorry, didn't get a chance to post that due to my computer issues. I think it's really important though.

I really wish Elf had voted though. *giggles* Oh, if he got mod-fired for some reason and was the last wolf, I would die....again....:P

EDIT: Where the devil IS Menel, anyway?

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 05-09-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #304
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sorry, guys, I forgot about the deadline. I'll have a death scene posted shortly.

EDIT: Here goes:

Once again, it was time for an execution. Sally was the unlucky one, and the noose was once again tied.

"I really wish you wouldn't do this," the therapist pleaded. "I think you're all suffering from severe paranoia. If you would just calm down and..."

"Yeah, we're pretty paranoid, and it's all because of you and your furry friends," said Oddwen.

"It's time we cured this paranioa by getting rid of the cause!" shouted Legate. "Lynch the wolf!"

"No, wait! You can't do this! I'm....GACKKKKKKK...."

Sally was dead, and it was quite clear that she was a perfectly Ordinary Villager.

Alive:
Kath
Legate of Amon Lanc
Mithalwen
Nerwen
Oddwen
The Elf-warrior

Dead:
Meneltarmacil (Moderator): Crushed under falling cow by Wolves on Night 1.
Lhunardawen (Seer): Hung by villagers on Day 1.
Aganzir (Ordinary Villager): Made into shoes by Wolves on Night 2.
Gwathagor (Werewolf): Objections aside, hung by villagers on Day 2.
Volo (Ordinary Villager): Turned into a hunting trophy by Wolves on Night 3.
Nogrod (Werewolf): Killed with thrown ale barrels by villagers on Day 3.
Thinlomien (Ordinary Villager): Impaled on a hat rack by Wolves on Night 4.
satansaloser2005 (Ordinary Villager): Failed to cure the mass paranoia and hung by villagers on Day 4.

Night 5 will commence.

Last edited by Meneltarmacil; 05-09-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Meneltarmacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:29 AM   #305
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Nerwen was up fairly late that night, and was surprised when a big dog entered her office.

"Well, you're a pretty-looking thing," she said. "What seems to be the trouble?"

Try as she might, Nerwen couldn't figure out who this dog belonged to, and couldn't even remember seeing a dog like this anywhere...until...

"Hey, wait a minute! You're not a dog! You're a..."

"GRRRRRRRRRRRR!" The wolf pounced and devoured her. All that was left in the morning was a skeleton.

Alive:
Kath
Legate of Amon Lanc
Mithalwen
Oddwen
The Elf-warrior

Dead:
Meneltarmacil (Moderator): Crushed under falling cow by Wolves on Night 1.
Lhunardawen (Seer): Hung by villagers on Day 1.
Aganzir (Ordinary Villager): Made into shoes by Wolves on Night 2.
Gwathagor (Werewolf): Objections aside, hung by villagers on Day 2.
Volo (Ordinary Villager): Turned into a hunting trophy by Wolves on Night 3.
Nogrod (Werewolf): Killed with thrown ale barrels by villagers on Day 3.
Thinlomien (Ordinary Villager): Impaled on a hat rack by Wolves on Night 4.
satansaloser2005 (Ordinary Villager): Failed to cure the mass paranoia and hung by villagers on Day 4.
Nerwen (Ordinary Villager): Eaten by Wolves on Night 5.

Thus begins Day 5.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:39 PM   #306
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well then, it sounds like the usual three wolves situation as there seems to be only one left.

I'm thinking I'm probably going to stick with Legate as my main suspect for this. I do wonder though why Nerwen was killed so I will have a look at that. Also, Oddwen pinged out at me when I read the narration, purely because she wasn't dead. I don't know why, I thought she would be.

Anyway, back later.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:48 PM   #307
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hmm, it is beings of the quiet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by MITH
Still kicking myself for letting up on Nogrod at the last minute - again .. having harped on the same note for 3 days I once again doubted myself ..and failed ot vote for the woluf when it counted.

...and did vote for someone else quite randomly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
So very much true to type then Oddone? And given your vote you cant' condemn me to much for my choice.... Trouble is I know I work too much from instinct - but sometimes they can be right though I can't really explain why they feel so right, eg Nogrod.
Not just that the vote was for Sally that it was random - you haven't even mentioned anyone* except Nogrod and once Legate in passing - suspicion of whom you blew off because of a bit of formal-title-related foolery.

Argh, going cross-eyed...

My thoughts:

Either Legate or EW are a Wolf

Either EW or Mith are a Cobbler

Kath, still not convinced either way. More inclined to think not.

* I'm not counting the mentions of Agan & Nerwen on Day one, mostly because that was part of another game.

Old 05-11-2008, 04:43 AM   #308
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

This is ... scarily quiet. Why did the wolves have to kill Lommy? We could have had floods of posts with her by this time.

Anyway. A Cobbler, really? In such a small game I'm not sure that would really be viable. I mean, we have done extremely well in getting two wolves so early, but had they not been quite so boisterous it could have taken us Days to find them. To add in a Cobbler as well would be cruel I think. At any rate, the Cobbler only wins if there is a wolf left, so we get the last wolf and the Cobbler goes too.

Mith ... I can sort of see the point with her. She hasn't been quiet but she has said little of substance, focusing often on herself and not really contributing to the discussion much. I don't know what to make of her right now, and that's rare.

I hate that Legate is not here. I want him to reply to what I said yesterDay because although I'm tempted to vote for him again having read over the thread again I'm not sure I can when we've had just nothing else from him.

There's been so little from EW. I really should go back and take a look at that. Someone brought all the posts up yesterDay so I may do that.

Oddwen is still buzzing for me. The Cobbler suggestion so late in the game is only adding to it. This one is pure gut feeling, but then so is Legate really, and I can't be right on both.

Right now, I'm leaning Legate, but we shall see.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:00 AM   #309
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Ok Oddwen, I am not a wolf. I am not a cobbler. Am befuddled innocent.

Not surprised Nerwen was killed, seemed innocent but what I can't decide is whether she was killed because she was on the right track with Elf .....

Or wheter that would be too obvious.

I have to rethink all my suspicions ... maybe I was left alive becasue I was completely on the wrong track.

I am here until the end . Hope things will be clearer. I would so much rather be in my garden onthis scorchin' afternoon.... nvm.. a wolf to catch.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:05 PM   #310
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

So. Then.

I'm going to either vote EW or Legate today - and very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noisy One
Anyway. A Cobbler, really? In such a small game I'm not sure that would really be viable. I mean, we have done extremely well in getting two wolves so early, but had they not been quite so boisterous it could have taken us Days to find them. To add in a Cobbler as well would be cruel I think. At any rate, the Cobbler only wins if there is a wolf left, so we get the last wolf and the Cobbler goes too.
*shrug* Just wondering - the talk about "four wolves?" seems a bit forced.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:19 PM   #311
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
All right, I just arrived and had a chance to read (not too deeply) what happened yesterDay and now. I can't do much more than sum up my current feelings (however I didn't have time to reevaluate all facts, so it's really from scratch):

Mith I think rather innocent. I thought at first (at the end of Day 1), and hope I can say it now, that she's a Seer and later I thought that she's a Ranger, but it doesn't look anymore that there are any other Gifteds... but nevertheless I think her innocent.

Oddwen or Kath can be either way. Now what... Oddwen could be more like a slip-under-the-radar-wolf, her posts make her feel "slippery" to me, where Kath I would probably need to look at more closely... but that's the time.

Elf is silent as grave, although there was something from him. If he's a wolf, for such a quietness I don't think it'd be a well-deserved victory anyway.

I would maybe have something to say to what was said here, but that will need time. Maybe if I'm alive next day...

As for what someone said here, I thought originally that there were two wolves and I simply counted on that, that's all. That I also think is the thing to blame for my bad reasoning of clearing Nogrod after Gwath's death (if there were two wolves, that'd be imaginable in a less probable way).

Kath, could you please sum up your question or whatever you have for me in some easy and short way again if you wish me to answer it? I honestly am not going to look for what it was, so if you wish me to answer it, please re-ask. Or was it you about this two-wolf thing?

Also whatever you ask could add something for me to form a better picture of you, hopefully... so if you are around...

Otherwise, no idea about voting today, will have to think yet: anyone from the lower three mentioned above (nice expression) is possible.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 12:23 PM   #312
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Elf didn't vote yesterday did he ...

Not helpful... not sure why LEgate thought I was the Seer day one ..after all I was fairls singlemnindedly pursuing Nogrod... would that have looked seerlike to anyone but a wolf?

Old 05-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #313
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Not helpful... not sure why LEgate thought I was the Seer day one ..after all I was fairls singlemnindedly pursuing Nogrod... would that have looked seerlike to anyone but a wolf?
You had some talk about Gifted, and later on some other day something about Ranger...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-11-2008, 12:33 PM   #314
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

I will cast my vote for

++LEGATE

For reasons I have stated before - reactions to Nogrod & Gwath, also because his earlier suspicions of Kath look like a setup to me.

Late for work as usual,
~Oddwen

edit: oh sure now it gets busy...

Last edited by Oddwen; 05-11-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:34 PM   #315
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Nogrod made a list way back - he strongly suspected Gwath which was no doubt strategy

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...3&postcount=52

Now assumiong the likeliest candidates are EW and Legate, one is in teh second level of suspicion the other a don't know.

I left my notes behind but there was some reason that Oddie didnt' look so wolvish and I would doubt that she would have declared both packmates guilty in post 45 ... though with Kath....

EW would be a v low flying wolf indeed ... scary

Old 05-11-2008, 12:40 PM   #316
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

It's now a question for me... if Elf didn't vote yesterDay, is there a chance of having him modfired? I cannot vote for either of Odd or Kath with saying that I have summed all facts about them and made my decision on really doing that. It will be more of a blinder shot. Under these circumstances, there will be one thing for choosing Oddie merely because of that if she is a wolf, I would bear it worse that I didn't vote her, simply because if I went on just "first sight" or "gut feeling", I'd say her most likely to be a wolf.

EDIT: x-ed since my last post
Old 05-11-2008, 12:51 PM   #317
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
I left my notes behind but there was some reason that Oddie didnt' look so wolvish and I would doubt that she would have declared both packmates guilty in post 45 ... though with Kath....
You mean, Kath would have mentioned two packmates in #45, not Oddwen... I guess it's an elipse in sentence.

Hmm, what now? This thing actually when looking at (mentioning two packmates) would make me lean more towards Oddwen, if I were to vote for one of the two and not Elf. Simply: are you others going to vote Elf? If not, I'm going for Odd.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:51 PM   #318
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

OK

Kath seems ok (fatal last words?)

Oddwen's voting record is impeccable .. too good?

Elf Warior .... less inclined to find guilty .. very disengaged wolf.. .would have expected him to vote yesterday ... tactic ? This game has little scope for lilling hte quite on principle ...

Legate ... havent lost early suspicions but is the Nogrod Gwate Legate trio too much arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old 05-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #319
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Sory stream of consciousness .... Leggy .. Ican never be sure of Kath but she seem most innocent now. I will not be voting for her today. Otherwise note certain .. beginning to doubt Oddwen ...

Old 05-11-2008, 12:55 PM   #320
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Leaping in with seconds to spare here, so I'm voting now.

++LEGATE

Questions I'll look at in a second!