The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-29-2011, 05:44 PM   #81
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
--Nogrod
++Manwe

At this point, given that Nogrod has voted himself, I'm pretty confident that he will, indeed, show up as innocent - which would mean cobbler or Seer (I'm obviously leaning heavily toward the former). Manwe, your role is completely unknown, and Fea has a point - would you mind just confirming for us that you're not a wolf?
Mänwe is an ordinary innocent. I told you. And he is.

Well Shasta, it's one step forwards you see I'm not a wolf.

Let's make the next step then?

Okay, got your info about your status with this thread. Too late for me to dive into the thread now to make any more specifics.

I hope I could answer your points from the post before this. But I can't. I totally missed that. I do remember seen some of the points you mentioned and recall thinking that the people are talking about something I don't understand what they are doing and it must be something not that important...

Had it not been 5am I might have seen that.

Anyway, I spent most of the time that last hour writing stupid jeremiads and hate it now. So I really just eyed them as I was more interested in the way the voting was going. Which I think you might understand.

I'm very sorry and apologise once again if I have hurt you. That was and is not my intenton. You know, it's not personal but game-related. But like you say: "dying early with a role tends to make me mad..." - and I think we both had reason to be mad about it, not only personally, but also because of the village.

I was more or less paranoid there in the end of D2 and you scorning me wasn't exactly helping...

I can prove it to you I'm the seer only when the game is over - and I do hope you understand my reactions to that lynch then (like you say you go mad when killed early with an important role).

Just think one more time: would I have acted like that if I was just a cobbler?

That would mean I would have been only maliciously bashing you with no reason, just for the fun of it? Surely you can't believe that?

I had a reason to be mad as I was the seer lynched and you were not believing it. Think about it fex. changing our roles for a moment. How would you have reacted if the roles were the other way around?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #82
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Just think one more time: would I have acted like that if I was just a cobbler?

That would mean I would have been only maliciously bashing you with no reason, just for the fun of it? Surely you can't believe that?
Just thinking of it once more... wouldn't a cobbler me have acted differently?

What would a cobbler win by fighting a more or less known innocent?

I can answer that: nothing.

So ask yourself one more time: was I on top of my act and maliciously weaving a well thought out plot that included being agitated and annoyed with you, or whether the more believable explanation is that I was both frustrated as being the lynched seer too early in the game more or less making my role redundant and tired & off enough to be that cranky?

Which one?

Okay. All the best to you in the thread toMorrow. I'll keep my thumbs up for the village, even if the beginning has been horrible.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:25 PM   #83
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Mänwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Mänwe
Quick comment- how was Fea able to create that tally of our posts within this thread?
- (Letter #124 To Sir Stanley Unwin)
Mänwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:52 PM   #84
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Nog, what do you mean by:

Quote:
I was more or less paranoid there in the end of D2 and you scorning me wasn't exactly helping...
don't tell me, after all that song and dance, you were reading the dead thread yourself?

And Mänwe, if you click on the post count number to the right on the Mirth page, you'll get that list.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:00 PM   #85
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
My dear departed gentlemen and/or ladies, we now may count Feanor of the Peredhil as a member of our exclusive little club. Now she can see exactly who spazzed and in what ways...

Mänwe is not a wolf, whatever else he may be.

Shasta, you are alive from this point on and may no longer read post or post in this thread. Farewell, until we meet again...

The living:

Aganzir
Shasta
Glirdan
A Little Green
elronds_daughter
Nerwen
Loslote
Wilwa
Legate
Lommy
Nessa
satansaloser2005
the phantom
Boromir88
Mithalwen
Anguirel

The dead:

Macalaure
Rikae
Mänwe
Nogrod
Blind Guardian

Fea
Old 01-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #86
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Well obviously I've got to post this somewhere...

Hello, dolls.

---

Written immediately following Deadline:

Mmkay, so at the time of Noggles's death, the Dead Thread post count is,

Shasta: 32
Manwe: 12
Rikae: 9
Mac: 1

At this point, the 'facts' that the village has are these:

Manwe was killed by the village and we do not know his role.

Shasta was killed by the wolves, and we can assume that he is therefore not a wolf.

Aganzir revealed as the Lover of Shasta. Since we will know very soon if she lied, this revelation was taken as FACT, because it would not help a wolf to make that bluff, it would not help a cobbler to make that bluff, and an ordo would not make that bluff.

Nog revealed as Seer and claimed to dream of Agan-Beren and Phantom-Cobbler.

Agan used her gender-bending feminine wiles to make Nog look exceptionally bad.

Therefore:

IF Agan is Not-Evil, which seems to be a foregone conclusion, THEN the village's decrying of Nog is accurate and we have killed either a cobbler or a wolf.

If Nog is a wolf, then it can be assumed that he was working under the auspices of the Pack, which currently contains either two or three members, one being Nog. If two, the third was Manwe and is already dead. If three, the others are unknown and are alive.

If Manwe was a wolf and Nog was a wolf, the two may now communicate via PM.

If Nog is a cobbler, he was working more or less alone (as in: he was unable to coordinate plans privately with others).

If Nog was working with a Pack, there would need to be a motive, such as to cast doubt on another player, or to cast good light on another player.

Because Dead Wolves may not communicate with Live Wolves, it is of no immediate benefit for a wolf to simply die.

There is a caveat to this: regardless of number of living wolves (either one left or two left), if it was judged to be of sufficient benefit to the remaining pack member/s for a Nog-wolf to die, then we can look at it thusly: the only person whose reputation is polished to a streak free shine from Nog's performance is the phantom.

However, I provide my opinion:

Nog is a cobbler, working to destabilize the village. He is not a wolf, and his behavior says nothing at all about the phantom's alignment.

--

As of 11:00pm EST toDay, this is the Dead Thread count.

Shasta: 44
Manwe: 14
Rikae: 13
Nog: 11
Mac: 2
Old 01-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #87
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Now here's the funny part:

I was going to post that since Shasta's post count rose by almost exactly the same number of posts that Nog gave, we could assume that they were bickering.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:31 PM   #88
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

And so we have Not-Wolf Manwe, Ordo-Fea, and Probably-Cobbler Nog, and shortly we'll be rejoined by Luthien-Shasta and Beren-Agan, plus whomever is lynched.

Make good choices, village!

(Look, ModGods, I'm making good on that high post count per day rule! )
Old 01-30-2011, 05:04 AM   #89
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
don't tell me, after all that song and dance, you were reading the dead thread yourself?
Heh... With Shasta scorning me I referred of course to our unnecessary and stupid bickering here then after my lynch. Actually I only read this thread through yesterDay (like I said on my post #75) as it was so late back then when I died.

Welcome to Mandos Fea.

Reading your first posts seem to indicate I really have some work to do to make things right...

And a quick look at the game thread makes me wish to hit my head to the desk. If people are going to think the phantom is a trustworthy ordo because of my failings I'm really going to lock myself into dark closet for the rest of my life...
Old 01-30-2011, 08:17 AM   #90
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Poor dear. I'll nuzzle you, but I probably won't trust you.

Just know that I love you tons even if I think you're full of fruit with a crumbly sweet topping.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:29 AM   #91
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
Boro certainly seems to spend a lot of time watching the Tudors, for example. I mean, I like a ripped bodice myself, but...this doesn't necessarily mean guilt, I suppose, just that the great complexity of this game brings on a certain sense of detachment. Fea, too, was generally not as vocal as you might've expected.
1) It is a tendency of Bordo to thoroughly not care. I think it speaks to his innocence that he'd rather watch Ms. Boleyn bust out of her corset than try to invent facts he doesn't have. If you're evil, inventing is fun. Manipulation is lovely. If you're an ordo and don't know anything, the best you can do is show up once in a while and say something, and then go back to Henry and his tawdry affairs.

2) Oh come now, Ang, dear, I warned everyone in advance I was going to be fairly distant. I was busy, and now I appear to be sick. I thought I was doing a lovely job given the circumstances. Clearly the wolves agreed.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #92
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Okay, so here's the deal. I feel pretty icky today (I was hoping my feeling blah the past few days wouldn't legitimately turn into a sick version of me, but how much I'm coughing says no such luck) so I'm going to lay out how I think we should function so that I can run off and rest.

Nog, if you're actually the seer, your dream options are basically: me. We know Manwe isn't a wolf. We know Shasta and Agan's roles. You obviously know your own role. And you can't dream of the living. So that pretty much covers your theoretical seerly activities.

According to the Live Thread, they want to know Nog's role for certain (or as certain as it can get). I can understand that rationale. It makes the most sense right now to vote to learn Nog's alignment since we already know basically everyone else's (I'm an ordo). When Glorfy comes to visit, xe'll then have that piece of information to go back with.

As far as who should get the double vote, I lean toward giving it to one of our Lovers, just because we know their allegiance, so even if they go astray, we know it isn't because they're trying to mess with us. Shasta died too soon for us to really see him in action, but Agan has shown herself to be very rational, careful, and thoughtful. I submit that we should give her the double vote again. If that's allowed. I can't remember if that's allowed, and all I want to do is go find tea and pout that I don't feel good.

So somebody let me know if doubling Agan's vote again is okay?
Old 01-30-2011, 09:41 AM   #93
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
So somebody let me know if doubling Agan's vote again is okay?
It's perfectly fine.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:48 AM   #94
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Mmkay. Then I think that's what we should do.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:58 AM   #95
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Nog, if you're actually the seer, your dream options are basically: me. We know Manwe isn't a wolf. We know Shasta and Agan's roles. You obviously know your own role. And you can't dream of the living. So that pretty much covers your theoretical seerly activities.
I need to remind you, we also know that Mänwe is an ordinary innocent. I dreamt that last Night and told about it. That is an exact role and it's fool-proof. I understand it that you're probably not willing to trust me yet. But I'll do my best to make you look at my role again. Hopefully when enough people see that what I say of their role is true you start to reconsider.

I promise 100% accuracy on my dreams. I will not err with them like a cobbler eventually would.

And yes, you're next.

Oops... unless the lynched one is more interesting... Oh, I have to get the hang of this. I think I can only dream during the Nights back there so the better focus to my dreams would be the lynched as we already know you're not a wolf.

Let's see if there will arise an occasion where that would call for turning that priority the otherway around.

Quote:
According to the Live Thread, they want to know Nog's role for certain (or as certain as it can get). I can understand that rationale. It makes the most sense right now to vote to learn Nog's alignment since we already know basically everyone else's (I'm an ordo). When Glorfy comes to visit, xe'll then have that piece of information to go back with.
I suggested we voted for me yesterDay in here to find out my alignment - and actually voted myself. But Shasta turned his mind and retracted his vote from me into Mänwe and it was him we got (=not a wolf - while I already had the exact info of him being an ordo as well). He could have taken that info with him to the living thread but he decided not to. What a waste.

You should ask him when he comes back what on earth he was thinking... I mean if there was a chance he could be a cobbler as well while being a lover, then I'd bet my money on that.

Quote:
As far as who should get the double vote, I lean toward giving it to one of our Lovers, just because we know their allegiance, so even if they go astray, we know it isn't because they're trying to mess with us. Shasta died too soon for us to really see him in action, but Agan has shown herself to be very rational, careful, and thoughtful. I submit that we should give her the double vote again.
I do agree with your premises... and with the conclusions as well.

I'm all for Agan getting the extra-vote.

++ Agan

for the extra-vote.

Sorry about being thus inactive toDay but there is a revolution unraveling in front of one's eyes where 80 million people turn the wheel of history... No offence to the most remarkable game we have on our hands, but that revolution is a tad more intreresting thing as it is changing this world as we know it in a big way (if all the Arab dictatorial regimes tumble down it is bigger than the collapsing of Communism 20 years ago), but I'll be back a bit later with hopefully some general ideas about the situation.

EDIT: Corrected a major fumble in logic: I think I only get to dream during the Nights and thus the lynchees are the obvios choices...

Last edited by Nogrod; 01-30-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:11 PM   #96
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I just skimmed through the game thread.

I had some suspicions about Mith already earlier and now would probably vote for her if I was there (I'd most probably dream of her were I still alive).

I am a bit torn with Boro. I see your point Fea about his inactivity, but then again he has been quite inactive in the last few games... on first Days. He clearly has learned the lesson I understand only on a theoretical level: be quiet on first Days and you live, stand out and get killed. But there is something in him I don't feel is sincere; like he'd be purposefully picking targets.

There's not too many I tend to trust right now, but maybe Nerwen.

On another issue.

I'm quite at loss with how everyone seems to think it is self-evident that because I didn't answer Agan's "I'm Lúthien" it means I didn't know she is Beren and thus am a cobbler.

I did say earlier that she is Beren and never changed that. I just didn't pay attention to that trick by Agan, I somehow just missed it.

And had I been a cobbler, why on earth to say she is Beren risking it going wrong?

Actually, as a cobbler I should have probably quessed she was Lúthien - but I went to say comfortably that she is Beren (of course as I knew it).

And as Greenie speculated in the thread, I'm not that good an actor to pull out that frustration from a hat - which as a cobbler I wouldn't have felt in the first place.

Okay, I'm off to bed now. See you tomorrow - with new people in... sadly two too much.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:07 PM   #97
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

++AGANZIR

for extra votes.

Because I keep finding myself zoning out about my dead responsibilities (I have a cold settling into my lungs and I get exhausted and cranky and occasionally illogical when I'm sick). So I want to get this vote in before Day ends. Not like it matters a ton if I vote now or if I vote at DL, but at least this way I can eat my chicken noodle soup and drink my tea and have a Buffy marathon without feeling negligent.

Do good, Agan!
Old 01-30-2011, 06:30 PM   #98
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

What if-

somebody were to post:

I am neither here, nor reading.

?
Old 01-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #99
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

++Aganzir
Old 01-30-2011, 09:30 PM   #100
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Do what Mith said! Notice that I post! Assume it means I care! Odds and evens is a way better plan than "second to last, times two, minus x to the third power"! Odds and evens!
Old 01-30-2011, 09:38 PM   #101
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Hey, you! Live people! Somebody remember Nog.

You wanted to find out Nog's role. If you want us to do that toNight, but you also want us to find out who you lynch toDay, then you have to give us really solid instructions, or Noggles will slip through the cracks.

Somebody remember Nog! SOMEBODY. Pwease?

i like instructions.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:45 PM   #102
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
Another thing about our Dead-plan... The dead vote to do checks at Night, so, I assume that they'll begin with whichever person we lynch today? If so, that means they won't check Nog, right?

Is that okay, since we are guessing Cobbler?
YOU READ MY MIND!

I KNEW I ALWAYS LOVED YOU!
Old 01-30-2011, 10:08 PM   #103
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
A rather uneventful Day came to an end in the timeless world of the dead. Anticipating this, the living decided to spice things up a little and add a whole bunch to the mix. I'm sure you will have plenty of things to talk about now.

The living:

Glirdan
A Little Green
elronds_daughter
Nerwen
Loslote
wilwarin538
Legate
satansaloser2005
the phantom
Boromir88
Mithalwen
Anguirel

The dead:

Rikae (mod)
Macalaure (co-mod)
Mänwe (not a wolf)
Nogrod
Blind Guardian
Feanor of the Peredhil
Aganzir
(Beren)
Shastanis Althreduin (Lúthien)
Thinlómien
Nessa Telrunya

It is now Night 4. You may choose which one of you shall be revealed as wolf or not. If your role allows you to do something else at Night, too... do so.

Last edited by Macalaure; 01-30-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:55 PM   #104
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Okay. I'm reasonably certain the village was intentionally TRYING to make for confusion in the group communication. Oh, we don't know if we want them to figure out Nog or New Person. Oh, let's do New Person. Wait, I don't know. Oh, no, let's, I say let's do New Person! Okay, but if we do New Person, maybe we should stand on our heads and jump up and down using our eyebrows for balance? Oh, we've got this fairly figured out? Let's kill many people, and then complain when we can't figure out what coded message the Deads sent us!

Okay. Done complaining.

As somebody (probably Agan m'dear) said, in the case of a tie, we need to determine the role of the first person to receive the requisite vote count. That's Lommy. Ergo,

++LOMMY
Old 01-31-2011, 02:32 AM   #105
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Ask Shasta why you don't have solid info about my leaning...

But I think I know why he decided to go for Mänwe back then: he had voted for me and I had voted myself as well. It was quite clear I was okay with the check and of course he was not going ot believe me about Mänwe, at that point. Anyway, I'm ready to be checked anyday. But last Night would have been a lot better for it as we now got two new people here and we start falling behind easily.

So if we check Lommy with our votes to learn whether she's a wolf or not, I'll dream the exact role of Nessa then. I'll wait for few others to comment on you willing to pick exactly Lommy before PM'ing Rikae my dream just to avoid any fumbles, like us using both our methods on the same person - or if you for some reason decide to vote me to be checked, I'd probably wish to check Lommy then rather than Nessa (that's a gut reaction right now).

Okay. Back later.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:43 AM   #106
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Right, anytime Nogrod posts I'm just basically going to assume it's no more than "blah blah blah Shasta's stupid" and ignore it altogether - it's the only way my temper is going to survive this game.

In other news, hi, Fea. And Lommy. And Nessa. And Agan! Quite a lot of us have joined Mandos this time around, it seems. I should have pointed out before I went that double-lynches are going to make things that much harder for those of us in the dead thread... but I suppose it gives us more options, as well. We should definitely dream both Lommy and Nessa at some point, and since I think Nessa less likely due to her nonparticipation -

++Lommy

Do of course realize that as dead players we have one retraction per day.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:11 AM   #107
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White-Hand <- my dead cold hand

Ummm... hi I guess. What else am I supposed to say? Starting to read this thread now and I have to say it doesn't seem quite as mysterious from the insider's pow.

And this is most incosiderate, I was just loaded with an armada of votes on the living thread, now you're seeking to repeat that experience. How rude. This has to be the only ww-game ever where you get such double-bashings.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:22 AM   #108
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
I'm reasonably certain the village was intentionally TRYING to make for confusion in the group communication.
Me too. I should have stayed awake, I'm so annoyed right now. And I'm having serious doubts about the phantom. All his plans thus far seem to have been faulty - I don't care if he's plotting on his own, he seems to be misleading the village very slyly.

I say we do what Mith suggested:
Quote:
Since Agan won't be back and Shasta isn't around shall we tell them to use odd number placement on the day's living list for wolf and even for non-wolf for their double vote? Seems clearest and least vulnerable solution?
So depending on what Lommy turns out to be (non-wolf, I'm afraid), we have a few names to choose the double vote from.

++Lommy
even though I'd personally rather learn Nessa's alignment.

Quote:
We should definitely dream both Lommy and Nessa at some point
I should have had a plan for what to do in case of a double lynch... I told the village we'd always check the previous day's lynch, but now this is extremely difficult. I don't trust the phantom one bit and am by default not going to go along with his plans. We'll have to think about it. But if we have agreed on something with the village, we can't change our course and confuse them. Will have to see what we can do about Nessa.

I haven't read the rest of the Dead Thread yet, will do so later.

Argh.

edit: xed with Lommy. Don't you have anything to say about your role?
Old 01-31-2011, 06:47 AM   #109
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
What should I say about my role? "Hi, I'm an ordo" and expect you to take it at face value? But fine, if you want me to tell you, yes, I was an ordo. I wouldn't tell you if I was a wolf or a cobbler, and if I had been a gifted I would've been incredibly annoyed after the silly (or magnificiently arranged) double lynch and wouldn't probably be able to post in a civil manner. Now I just hope Nessa was a wolf because otherwise that lynch was really stupid.

I have read the dead thread and ugh I can't believe I'm really saying this... but I think Nogrod might have been the seer after all, which totally sucks. There's some stuff he says that I find unlikely he'd say if he was a cobbler (like "if I was a cobbler, would I intentionally be this mean?" or something along those lines), so despite his blunderings I'm starting to doubt... Being dead is apparently no good to me.

As for the vote of toNight, I'm going to still check the last things said by people about delivering messages. We definitely don't want to make a mistake with that. And like Agan, I'd rather check Nessa than myself anyway just because it's more waste. (Double waste, actually, first lynching me and then finding out I'm not a wolf.) I think about the only one to whom it's news that I'm not a wolf is phantom, and he is (most likely) a cobbler anyway. But obviously we do what we have to do, better waste the vote than mislead the village.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:54 AM   #110
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

PS. Okay won't check it right now because I just realised I have to leave within an hour and my life is still a mess (wearing pajamas at 3pm and so on ).

PPS. If phantom still claims he's a noble knight opposing double lynches, I'm going to murder him.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:56 AM   #111
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Right, anytime Nogrod posts I'm just basically going to assume it's no more than "blah blah blah Shasta's stupid" and ignore it altogether - it's the only way my temper is going to survive this game.
Now please Shasta. I did say I understood why you changed your mind, but it doesn't alter the fact that it was your decision not to check me. So if someone asks why didn't we check me, then it's you who has to provide the answer because it was your decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
And I'm having serious doubts about the phantom. All his plans thus far seem to have been faulty - I don't care if he's plotting on his own, he seems to be misleading the village very slyly.
Which was exactly the reason why I dreamt of him on N2 (and which I explained there on D2) and found out he's a cobbler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Will have to see what we can do about Nessa.
If Lommy is voted, I'll check her. Whether you don't trust me as yet doesn't actually matter here. You say who you want to check by the voting (wolf or non-wolf?) and I'll pick the other one to dream (the exact role). You gain nothing with trying to trick me into dreaming the same person we vote for, but we would lose a lot (I'm still a firm believer you will change your mind in time when the other reasonable possibilities start to vanish and my points make more and more sense - and my dreams will show to be true every time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I have read the dead thread and ugh I can't believe I'm really saying this... but I think Nogrod might have been the seer after all, which totally sucks. There's some stuff he says that I find unlikely he'd say if he was a cobbler (like "if I was a cobbler, would I intentionally be this mean?" or something along those lines), so despite his blunderings I'm starting to doubt...
I do recommend you others to try that same train of thought. Iwouldn't have been that angry and frustrated were I not the seer who got lynched way too early to help the village well - and have been feeling myself such a moron afterwards as it was partly my own mistakes that led into this.

And remember I said Agan is Beren (not guessed, as I would have "naturally" guessed Lúthien then).

You seem to be getting the picture of tp being the cobbler... well because he is - and I told it to you in no uncertain terms on D2.

Just consider.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:07 AM   #112
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hello, Lommy, Fea.

Rikae, thanks again.

Are we forgetting BG's role re-delegation? Better to consider those who were actually active in the live thread?

I'm more concerned about clearing up the BG and Nog mess.

Last edited by Mänwe; 01-31-2011 at 09:07 AM. Reason: x'ed with Nog
Old 01-31-2011, 09:52 AM   #113
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mänwe View Post
I'm more concerned about clearing up the BG and Nog mess.
I am too, but since we have no way to tell the live 'uns that we've changed the plan, we can't go ahead and change the plan.

It seems a foregone conclusion that any voting would tell us that Nog isn't a wolf. Either he's the seer and obviously he's innocent, or he's a cobbler and will show up as not-a-wolf anyway. So we can't really do a thing about that.

My initial thought on BG was hunter or Glorf. I'm not sure that voting to learn BG's former role would do anything, since it's been reassigned? I guess telling us that would be up to the mods.

But still, since the last known contract with the village stated that we'd view the first person lynched each day, we can't go and change that now. It really must be Lommy if we want this arrangement to work at all. Otherwise we'd all end up having to abstain from extra-vote-voting to avoid giving wrong messages for the village to obsess over, and I don't like that at all.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:22 AM   #114
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Voting BG would reveal her current wolf/non-wolf status.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:41 PM   #115
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
I did say she is Beren from the get-go quite openly and never claimed she was Lúthien.
Because I said I was Beren, and what reason would an innocent have to lie? I so regret not being able to predict Nog's show... if I had said I was Lúthien, we wouldn't have to go through this now.
Remember I revealed before Nog. Before that, he had no clue I was Beren. If he had had, he would have let me know - instead he told me off for not seeing his "hints", but there were no hints whatsoever.

Quote:
although it would have required quite a bold act and a lot of luck to hit it right with Agan on D1 (remember that to a cobbler her role would have been a shot in the dark).
It would require luck to say I was innocent? No. That was more likely than not, anyway (and if I had been a wolf, it would have served your cobbler purposes just as well because it would have led people to suspect me). You took pains to leave a coded seer hint but not a hint about my true role (or the phantom's) which was the only thing that would have given your reveal credibility.

Nog is not stupid. It's not difficult to drop a gifted hint or two here and there - BUT HE DID NOTHING THAT WOULD HAVE PROVED HE KNEW MORE THAN THE REST OF US. Because he didn't.

He is not the seer. Repeat: he is not the seer. After being lynched as a cobbler there were two things he could do: give up and be totally useless, or try to keep his show up. He chose the latter. He's acting well but I don't care how good his arguments are, he's lying blatantly.

Quote:
I promise 100% accuracy on my dreams. I will not err with them like a cobbler eventually would.
Hahaha.
Shasta and I were the only problem you might have had but that won't cause you any trouble, thanks to the wolves. The hunter's and the ranger's roles will be more or less obvious anyway. When a wolf or a cobbler dies and you call them innocent, they will know you for what you are and back you up. Sorry Nogs but I see through this.

Hey I came up with something...

TO THE HUNTER AND HER VICTIM: when you die, whichever posts here first should say she was the hunter. The other will support her claim. Nog will dream of the other and tell her role. Let's see who got it right. (That can't prove he's the seer because he has a 50/50 chance of hitting it right, but it might at least prove he's lying).

This is all I'm going to say about Nogrod. I think we all should just ignore him because while making long posts with lots of arguments for his innocence, he keeps distracting us. Good job, cobbler.
(As an aside, in the nearly impossible case Nog really is the seer, I expect to never hear any comments about Shasta getting himself killed as a gifted.)

Quote:
I am too, but since we have no way to tell the live 'uns that we've changed the plan, we can't go ahead and change the plan.
Exactly. I know it was me who made the agreement with the village on behalf of us all, but being a known innocent I think I had the right to do it. I said we should check the first person to reach the highest number because it's unlikelier the baddies would intentionally push one of their own to be double lynched although I know it can happen by accident.

I just hope the village tells us what we should do with Nessa & tomorrow's lynch...
Old 01-31-2011, 01:46 PM   #116
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
But still, since the last known contract with the village stated that we'd view the first person lynched each day, we can't go and change that now. It really must be Lommy if we want this arrangement to work at all. Otherwise we'd all end up having to abstain from extra-vote-voting to avoid giving wrong messages for the village to obsess over, and I don't like that at all.
In fact, you got me thinking along totally revolutionary lines... what if we did it? What if we just abstained from extra-voting? Before you butcher me with jungle knives and pole axes, stop and think about it. What do we gain by giving anyone an extra vote? We have no idea who's innocent and even if we did, we could hardly trust their judgement blindly. And with the current plan, we're not even trying to give an extra vote to an innocent, but to anyone, who might be a wolf or a cobbler just as well as an innocent. So I say it might even make sense check whoever we judge is the most fruitful one to check, refrain from all extra-vote voting (which can even be harmful) and wait for Glorfy to come here and return to the village with a host of really useful information instead of the roles of the ones we've been "forced to" check.

Anyhow, still haven't checked the living thread as I promised. Off to do it now.

edit: xed with Agan
Old 01-31-2011, 01:48 PM   #117
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I know it was me who made the agreement with the village on behalf of us all, but being a known innocent I think I had the right to do it. I said we should check the first person to reach the highest number because it's unlikelier the baddies would intentionally push one of their own to be double lynched although I know it can happen by accident.

I just hope the village tells us what we should do with Nessa & tomorrow's lynch...
As you can see from before you got here, I was clearly agreeing with you and yelling silently at the folk who couldn't hear me, seeing if I could speak mind to mind to get them to see that it's a solid plan.

And yeah, I agree. I hope somebody in the village is sensible enough to notice that there are some problems here in terms of who to talk about.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:54 PM   #118
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
TO THE HUNTER AND HER VICTIM: when you die, whichever posts here first should say she was the hunter. The other will support her claim. Nog will dream of the other and tell her role. Let's see who got it right. (That can't prove he's the seer because he has a 50/50 chance of hitting it right, but it might at least prove he's lying).
Good, except that given that narration indicated your and Shasta's roles quite clearly, it would be only logical if it indicated those of the hunter and whoever was hunted. Also, the plan does not work if the hunter is lynched. So I wouldn't be too hopeful about being able to bust Nogrod. We just have to wait for another seer and let's hope one won't appear in a while.

And agreed about the village hopefully being smart and reaching conclusions instead of just coming up ideas and leaving them hanging in the air.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:54 PM   #119
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
In fact, you got me thinking along totally revolutionary lines... what if we did it? What if we just abstained from extra-voting? Before you butcher me with jungle knives and pole axes, stop and think about it. What do we gain by giving anyone an extra vote? We have no idea who's innocent and even if we did, we could hardly trust their judgement blindly. And with the current plan, we're not even trying to give an extra vote to an innocent, but to anyone, who might be a wolf or a cobbler just as well as an innocent. So I say it might even make sense check whoever we judge is the most fruitful one to check, refrain from all extra-vote voting (which can even be harmful) and wait for Glorfy to come here and return to the village with a host of really useful information instead of the roles of the ones we've been "forced to" check.

Anyhow, still haven't checked the living thread as I promised. Off to do it now.

edit: xed with Agan
I vehemently disagree with this. Giving extra votes is the only way we have to affect the living thread and I see no reason to ignore that.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:58 PM   #120
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

At the moment I trust Lommy about as little as I trust the phantom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
What if we just abstained from extra-voting? --- What do we gain by giving anyone an extra vote? --- check whoever we judge is the most fruitful one to check, refrain from all extra-vote voting (which can even be harmful) and wait for Glorfy to come here
No. I thought about that too but it'd be much more harmful than accidentally giving the extra vote for a baddie. The village would be blind till Glorfy gets here, and because we can't affect the outcome of the game from here, there will be no "fruitful checks" for us. I for one am not going to let the village down.

That suggestion makes me feel three times worse about Lommy than I ever felt when she was still alive.

Quote:
As you can see from before you got here, I was clearly agreeing with you and yelling silently at the folk who couldn't hear me
*snuggles Fea*

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-31-2011 at 01:59 PM. Reason: xed with Lommy & Shasta
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote