The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2009, 10:02 PM   #2081
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
So you don't want rep?
Of course I don't want any neg-rep!

(You failed to specify what kind of rep I deserve... and we Downer reporters know how society treats us--like scum and villainy!)
Old 09-29-2009, 10:13 PM   #2082
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
Of course I don't want any neg-rep!

(You failed to specify what kind of rep I deserve... and we Downer reporters know how society treats us--like scum and villainy!)
You obviously don't know about most of your fans. Oh, Writers for the Downer Newspaper. Which, I sometimes am a part of.

I understand you not wanting neg reps, however, I've never given out a neg rep. I don't want to stop my flow.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:53 PM   #2083
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

It's time to travel back a further five years. Back to when Father Formy was a happier man. A man with less worries. Oh dear...

Don't forget that if you've lost track of The Phantom and Alien in these confusing and silly stories I'm weaving around, you can look back though the...

On Monday we'll get to meet Peter's Father, him being the previous owner of Bus Co. He, unlike Collins, could fit into the chair behind the desk. But did he do a good job? Well, there's only one way to find out...
Old 10-01-2009, 04:52 AM   #2084
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Haha, I'd feel bad for that puppy if it wasn't for the fact that Alien looks super cute while eating it! hehe
Old 10-01-2009, 01:24 PM   #2085
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Josh, in a fit of panic, updated the picture he did for Oxonmoots. I quite like the look of it so I'll post it here. There may be a bigger version on the website eventually.

Well, that makes everyone happy, doesn't it? Doesn't it?
Some of the characters here haven't appeared yet, but they will. THEY WILL!
Old 10-01-2009, 02:43 PM   #2086
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm sure I speak for at least a few when I say that I'm excited to find out who the "Guard" is (or at least what he's guarding).
Old 10-01-2009, 03:52 PM   #2087
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
I'm sure I speak for at least a few when I say that I'm excited to find out who the "Guard" is (or at least what he's guarding).
It's a Downer and it's a She.

I think Joshua's monitor is darker than mine because her hair is supposed to be a darker shade of brown.
I just noticed that there are THREE Aliens in this picture. Oh dear. That can't be a good situation.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:03 PM   #2088
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
It's a Downer and it's a She.
Oh, now I see who it is. But I still retain my excitement for what she's guarding.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #2089
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Oh, now I see who it is. But I still retain my excitement for what she's guarding.
Me too!
Old 10-04-2009, 04:34 PM   #2090
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

It's news time. Thanks to events beyond my control it's going to be an early one again.

Our flashback continues as we get up close and personal and smelly with Peter's father, Philip. Okay, I admit it, I regretted giving them both names that begin with a P. Much confusion.

Don't forget that if you've lost track of The Phantom and Alien in these confusing and silly stories I'm weaving around, you can look back though the...

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING!

On Thursday we carry on with this strangeness! Miss Collins' plans to take over Bus Corp may soon become apparent. They're not dreadfully complex, I assure you. But what is, in P&A?
Old 10-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #2091
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

I loved the 'Downer this week, Hooky.

And P&A is amazing. As well as the ending/punchline/you know, I liked all the "spot the difference"-style background. And the newspaper in general. And everything else. One of my favourite episodes.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #2092
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Hehe, Philip!!!!!

Wonderful, sooo funny! Like the changing NOTES thing in the background, hehe.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:04 PM   #2093
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Wonderful, sooo funny! Like the changing NOTES thing in the background, hehe.
Notes is the fake currency I invented for the P&A world. There are 3 Stoats in a Groat and 49 Groats in a Note. One Note, at the current exchange rate, is worth, roughly £1.00000010000000000002 approximately.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:07 PM   #2094
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Notes is the fake currency I invented for the P&A world. There are 3 Stoats in a Groat and 49 Groats in a Note. One Note, at the current exchange rate, is worth, roughly £1.00000010000000000002 approximately.
But how much is a goat?
Old 10-05-2009, 05:15 PM   #2095
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
But how much is a goat?
The same as a boat. That could float. In a Moat.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #2096
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Dear Professor Hakon, The Downer Newspaper, and Affiliates,

I would like to know, how shall the move of Gondor take place? This might be problematic for the citizens, I mean if you move them, will you be able to move Minas Tirith and other important cities and landmarks too? If not, where will all of the Gondorians live? They must have homes, at least boxes to live in. Shouldn't this mistake done by the cartographers be amended by more efficient and reasonable methods?

Yours,
A Troubled Resident of Middle-Earth.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #2097
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
I applaud Esty going from drinking to the wholesome past time of kiddie snatching. Children and the public never get along.

Though, I was curious whether any were available for loan, you know, just for the use of a decoy in WW? I have a rather unfortunate affliction of sneakiness that I want to distract with the insufferable innocence of a child's cuteness. It's a sure way to survive voting in the future.

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #2098
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Dear Professor Hakon, The Downer Newspaper, and Affiliates,

I would like to know, how shall the move of Gondor take place? This might be problematic for the citizens, I mean if you move them, will you be able to move Minas Tirith and other important cities and landmarks too? If not, where will all of the Gondorians live? They must have homes, at least boxes to live in. Shouldn't this mistake done by the cartographers be amended by more efficient and reasonable methods?

Yours,
A Troubled Resident of Middle-Earth.
We propose to bribe Sauron to use his mighty powers and shiny ring to erect all new cities in the new location. The cartographers cannot amend their mistake for they are all dead. When the King of Gondor found out he had them killed. It is truly a shame. I hope I have answered all your questions concerned citizen.

Professor Hakon
Old 10-07-2009, 05:08 PM   #2099
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Our flashback continues!!

Philip Hampton has a meeting with the young Soap Pope. Miss Collins appears to be making something of a plan...

Come back on Monday for the further adventures of Philip and Miss Collins. Then there will be one last episode in the past of the past before we go back to the, um, normal past? Future? Thing. Stupid time differential.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:44 AM   #2100
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

oh nooooo, does that mean Philip never comes back???

Loves it!
Old 10-09-2009, 05:55 AM   #2101
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
oh nooooo, does that mean Philip never comes back???
Yes... and no... mostly yes.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:19 AM   #2102
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
1420! woat you sayin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba
But how much is a goat?

Quote:
The same as a boat. That could float. In a Moat.
Not to bloat the thread or anything, but you could coat your floating currency with many a pretty doting quote.

And I pray you, good m'lord, smote me not for this revolting thought.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:18 PM   #2103
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

narfforc has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bêthberry View Post
Not to bloat the thread or anything, but you could coat your floating currency with many a pretty doting quote.

How much is Doting on an Oat, or voting on a Gloat
Old 10-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #2104
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bêthberry View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by narfforc View Post
How much is Doting on an Oat, or voting on a Gloat
Of further note, I vote that floating groats for doting on quotes with rote emotes does indeed bloat like a mote-eyed stoat in a sinking boat on a moat, or perhaps an oat compote stuck in one's throat.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:08 PM   #2105
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

narfforc has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morthoron View Post
Of further note, I vote that floating groats for doting on quotes with rote emotes does indeed bloat like a mote-eyed stoat in a sinking boat on a moat, or perhaps an oat compote stuck in one's throat.
I will take note of that quote which you have wrote, with a pencil from a pocket in your coat.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:59 PM   #2106
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

It's time to get Newsed! Fill your face with facts until you faint!

Eww...

Philip seals the deal with the Soap Pope to give Bus Corp. banishing rights. Collins has other ideas about what should be done with this power...

On Thursday we have one last flashback episode before we turn back to the normal story line. So look forward to more from Formy, Alien, Cardinal Mardinal and the Soap Pope.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:06 PM   #2107
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
More specifically: It was pollution rather than porter (stout).

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:25 PM   #2108
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Miss Collins! How could she do that? The megalomaniac!
Old 10-11-2009, 06:35 PM   #2109
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
Dark-Eye

I liked that duck lurking in the background of the picture of the smoky bottle incident. Who knows what sinister schemes that creature is scheming?
Old 10-11-2009, 06:40 PM   #2110
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elf-warrior View Post
I liked that duck lurking in the background of the picture of the smoky bottle incident. Who knows what sinister schemes that creature is scheming?
It is the Duck of Doom, which I did not pick up in a dungeon!

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #2111
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Miss Collins! How could she do that? The megalomaniac!
I don't think anyone who ever owns the Bus Company is anything BUT a megalomaniac. Or an insane person in some way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elf-warrior
Ducks a tricky creatures. I mean, I've never seen one. Do they even exist?
Old 10-12-2009, 06:52 PM   #2112
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
I don't think anyone who ever owns the Bus Company is anything BUT a megalomaniac. Or an insane person in some way.
True, true...
Old 10-14-2009, 01:02 AM   #2113
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Boots Random Titles deny your reality and substitute their own!

Quote:
Ducks a tricky creatures. I mean, I've never seen one. Do they even exist?
They exist where I live, but the existence of my home is questionable.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:07 PM   #2114
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

The last part of the flashback, folks.

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING!

On Monday we get back to Alien, Formy and the Soap Pope. I wonder what they're up to... Probably burning down the restaurant.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:44 PM   #2115
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

I hope that was the Downer Newspaper.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:48 PM   #2116
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Josh, in a fit of panic, updated the picture he did for Oxonmoots. I quite like the look of it so I'll post it here. There may be a bigger version on the website eventually.

Well, that makes everyone happy, doesn't it? Doesn't it?
Some of the characters here haven't appeared yet, but they will. THEY WILL!
Nice update, but my own copy is nicer, except it didn't come with an auto-graph. Where may I lodge a loud and vociferous and thoroughly obnoxious complaint?
Old 10-15-2009, 04:21 PM   #2117
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
I hope that was the Downer Newspaper.
'Fraid not. It was THE ROUNDER. A much more 'realistic' paper that has more truth on it's pages. The fact that it is more fictional than the Downer is irrelevant... um...
Old 10-17-2009, 02:47 PM   #2118
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
'Fraid not. It was THE ROUNDER. A much more 'realistic' paper that has more truth on it's pages. The fact that it is more fictional than the Downer is irrelevant... um...
I assure you though, The Downer is the most truthful newspaper in the world!
Old 10-18-2009, 05:02 PM   #2119
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Time to get your daily dose of facts...

Weekly...

Whatever...

After that long flashback of doom, we return to everyone's favourite cause of chaos...

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING
!

On Thursday we'll see how Peter managed to survive through the flashback. How do you think he did it?
Old 10-18-2009, 07:32 PM   #2120
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

"Its On Fire!"

Wonderful. If I took a flamethrower to my food in a restaurant, would I get thrown out?