The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #3241
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
CHEESE!

One a side note, the Wonderful Event of Wonderful Nothingness!
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:50 AM   #3242
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
CHEESE!
It doesn't matter how sick it makes you, cheese is always in vogue!

I love nothing, I also love some things and some people too.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #3243
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thanks to Galadriel55 for the second story!

Now back to your regularly scheduled Phalian.

Don't forget that if you've lost track of The Phantom and Alien, you can look back though the...

The current P&A volume is coming to a close in two weeks, people! So for now I'd like to ask if anyone fancies doing some guest comics while I set up the next volume? Let me know either here or in PM if you prefer.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #3244
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I am torn between not posting and therefore proving that article wrong and reaching that all-important 2123'd post.

I just want to watch my re-warming food spin around...

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #3245
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thanks to TGEW for the main story!

Don't forget that if you've lost track of The Phantom and Alien, you can look back though the...

Next week sees the end of this current volume of Phantom and Alien. I know it was a bit meandering and didn't make a lot of sense, and that was my fault for losing track of what I was doing. But the next series will be better, I promise!
Old 09-16-2012, 10:29 PM   #3246
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

I have three things to say about this:
  1. ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY TEA! IT IS THE ELIXIR OF ALL!
  2. The Downer this week has become overrun by bespectacled people!
  3. That second article sounded suspiciously like real journalism...
Old 09-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #3247
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
About the paper: tea! More tea!

About P&A: Oi. Actually, I'm a little afraid of where the new volume will start.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #3248
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Tea is the most important thing. It should always be in the paper. My personal crusade should be plastered all over the Barrow-Downs.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #3249
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

And that's the end of Volume 4!!
Next week there will be something different. Maybe a Fungoltch und Schmurt? Maybe Phanston and Ailsbry. Maybe something new? Who knows or dares to dream...

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 09-23-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #3250
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
*feels vibrations of the universe trembling*
Old 09-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #3251
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Get more news than is good for you!!

And now, for no reason, the Phantom and Alien are babies!!

Next week something new and exciting, probably.
I'm open to guest comics, too! If anyone has a P&A in them send me a PM or an email and we'll have it framed and put up, or something.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:28 PM   #3252
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I am not amused!

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #3253
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

That Panda is giving me good money for the biscuits, mind!

P&A BABIES?!?!?!?! Are we going to have explosive rattle toys? Please?
Old 10-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #3254
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
PPfft! It's the Ministry of Magnetic Affairs, not the Department of Magnetic Affairs. And the only department heads we have are pickled in jars.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #3255
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

News. The strong stuff. Leave the bottle.

And now for a special Phantom picture inspired by my very first conversation with the actual phantom himself...

Next week something new and exciting, probably.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #3256
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

There are tabby cats and calico cats. Persian cats, Abyssinian cats, Aegean cats, Brazilian Shorthair cats, British Shorthair cats, British Longhair cats, Egyptian Mau cats, Norwegian Forest cats, Russian Blue cats, Scottish Fold cats, Singapura cats, Siberian cats, Turkish Angora cats, and American Bobtail cats. Many many cats.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #3257
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Do you want BWight to ban you, Galadriel?

(What- you didn't give me a pistol, Hookbill? How am I to survive the inevitable outlaw attack?)
Old 10-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #3258
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
The cat'll come back, the very next day, TP.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #3259
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
A random gas station meeting to discuss football with the phantom would not be a depressing moot, in my humble opinion.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #3260
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Do you want BWight to ban you, Galadriel?
Cats have 9 lives, you know...
Old 10-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #3261
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

I seem to recall a mini-headline in The Downer a couple years ago that was something like-
"Cat's Nine Lives No Match For Shotgun"

Old 10-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #3262
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Aha! Now tp is also talking about cats! Do you want BWight to ban you, phantom?
Old 10-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #3263
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I'm already banned actually, but I've learned to post in such a way that only certain folks can see it.

This post, for instance- it doesn't exist for anyone except you.

In other news (i.e. previous Downer headline)- "Study Determines Cats Unable to Swim Effectively in a Vat of Glue".
Old 10-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #3264
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I'm already banned actually, but I've learned to post in such a way that only certain folks can see it.
I should have realised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
This post, for instance- it doesn't exist for anyone except you.
Maybe all posts don't exist at all, and you are just imagining them. Maybe this one is a figment of imagination - but whose, I wonder? mine or yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
In other news (i.e. previous Downer headline)- "Study Determines Cats Unable to Swim Effectively in a Vat of Glue".
"Study determines that Study is quite a stupid person who hasn't seen a cat leap off the fifth floor and survive" - says Study. "And cats aren't made for swimming anyways. They are too eeeeevil for swimming."
Old 10-09-2012, 12:11 AM   #3265
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
"Study determines that Study is quite a stupid person who hasn't seen a cat leap off the fifth floor and survive" - says Study. "And cats aren't made for swimming anyways. They are too eeeeevil for swimming."
There was also an article a while back that had to do with putting cats in microwaves. Clearly tp is the most evil person in the whole world. How could anybody hate cats?
Old 10-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #3266
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I think our responses, G55, have demonstrated sufficiently that cats provide a euCATastrophe and therefore pass the canonicity test.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:28 PM   #3267
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

And now the Phantom and Alien enter a new era. A new plane of existence! A new set of pants! This time they're old film noir detectives. A bit like Phanston and Ailsbry, but in an alternate reality or something.
This is actually technically the start of... Volume 5!

ENJOY!

Or Like The Phantom and Alien Facebook Page!

The new Facebook page for P&A has ALL the episodes I could find on my computer as well as some never-before-seen art and concept drawings. It's fun stuff and I'll probably be posting the episodes there, too!
This is mostly down to the fact that the webs page I was using before was not allowing me to upload new episodes and kept deleting old ones so I've given up on it for now. Grrr. So, if you're on the old fac-e-book, give it a 'like'. Or don't. I'm not your boss.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #3268
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
The twist to the story is that I actually didn't resign.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:15 PM   #3269
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

I am resigned to Rune's not resigning.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #3270
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Just so you know, they say my ego is bigger than the phantom's. I'm not sure I agree, though. The phantom really has some ego issues while I'm just realistic.

Speaking of the phantom, he's hot. The comic version, I mean.

Also, cracked up at William Worm.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #3271
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

And now the Phantom and Alien Noir

ENJOY!

Don't forget that if you've lost track of The Phantom and Alien, you can look back though...

Next week's P&A will introduce a new character never before seen in P&A!! It's someone from the Downs. Someone who was at Britainmoot. Someone who is kind of insane. Hmm. That could mean anyone... Anyway, enjoy speculations!

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 10-21-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #3272
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

A new characer? Yuppee!

Who could it be, huh? Not Lommy, Squatter, Lal, or davem. They've appeared before. Agan? Greenie? Oddy? Mr. Goomba?

I'm actually not sure if any of the people with question marks appeared in P&A. I can't remember. I'm sure that it I'm wrong I shall stand corrected very quickly.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #3273
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
A new characer? Yuppee!

Who could it be, huh? Not Lommy, Squatter, Lal, or davem. They've appeared before. Agan? Greenie? Oddy? Mr. Goomba?

I'm actually not sure if any of the people with question marks appeared in P&A. I can't remember. I'm sure that it I'm wrong I shall stand corrected very quickly.

Greenie has, Hooky has, I believe Agan has as the Sea Hag. Lommy, Leggy and Squatter have also been in.

The Britmoot people who haven't been in PandA includes Esty, Guenivere, PomPom, Oliphaunts_Rule, me, and Kath.

edit: Oh! Also Faramir Jones, Poison Ivy, Bethberry and Brian Sibley.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #3274
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

++Brian Sibley

Old 10-22-2012, 04:01 AM   #3275
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
Greenie has, Hooky has, I believe Agan has as the Sea Hag. Lommy, Leggy and Squatter have also been in.
Hah, well, Agan wasn't supposed to be the Old Woman of the Sea, so I don't know how you'd count that.
I only appeared in a none-cannon episode.
Did A Little Green appear? I don't recall her doing so...

Anyway, yes, it's one of the people mentioned above.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:13 PM   #3276
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

ENJOY!

Don't forget that if you've lost track of The Phantom and Alien, you can look back though...

It'll be confirmed in two episodes time, but the new character is Aganzir. Expect heightened levels of craziness and insanity in the coming weeks.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:45 AM   #3277
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Bahaha! Awesome!

And hey guys, I'm the self-proclaimed Sea Hag. Just because I look like her. Or, I believe, it was Legate who made that up, but still.

Oh and I also like Oddwen's cake.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #3278
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Everyone likes my cakes. Or else.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #3279
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I needed a break from studying so out of the blue I decided to do a word-occurrence search on my Downer document, which contains every article & mini-headline I've ever written for Hookbill's delightful newspaper.

And the top news-makers are....
*drum roll*

Barrow-Wight- 40
Legate- 26
Kuruharan- 18
Boro88- 18
Hookbill- 13
Mithalwen- 12
Lommy- 12
Saucepan Man- 12
Nogrod- 11
Nerwen- 10
Fea- 10
Aganzir- 9
Mac- 9
Nilp- 8
Esty- 7
Morm- 7
Rune- 7
Sally- 6
Urwen- 6
LMP- 6

Last edited by the phantom; 10-29-2012 at 10:07 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #3280
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

ENJOY!

Things are bound to get pretty crazy around here!
You remember that Phantom and Alien animation we said we were making? Well, it's almost done. Just waiting for the music now. Hopefully that won't take too long. Sorry about all the delays. Don't know if we'll do another like this, but I'm going to think about options. Watch this space!