The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-20-2010, 08:16 PM   #521
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autume98 View Post
Innocent:
Boro
BG
Me
????
The wolf is going silly. Half the people in her list are already dead!
Old 05-20-2010, 08:19 PM   #522
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
After Tum is gone we have seven people.

So potentially we lose what 4 people tonight then have 3 tomorrow with a wolf...

So thinking out loud who's steering the votes right now who didn't vote off Nerwen's dream right away (and knew about it, because I'm sorry I didn't read every single post)?

Sally.

Yes, because coming up with a potentially life-saving and game-ending plan is so evil. *snickers* That's some priceless straw-grasping, my dear friend.

Anyway, despite Morsul's just plain weirdness -and if you'd read at all you'd have noticed, regardless of whether you read every single word, because Nerwen revealed early enough in the Day for you to have noticed- I have a couple other candidates for wolfdom. Lottie, in fact, and possibly Mira. Weird, ain't it?

EDIT: x'd with Little Lottie
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:21 PM   #523
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
after Tum is gone.

we have seven people.

so potentially lose what 4 people? tonight then have 3 tomorrow with a wolf...

so thinking out loud who's steering the votes right now who didn't vote off Nerwen's dream right away(And knew about it, because I'm sorry I didn't read every single post)

Sally.
First off, no one's really steering the votes right now. We're just voting for the wolves. Secondly, waiting doesn't really help much.

But the numbers are a bit worrisome. Luckily, odds are pretty low that the wolf'll kill the hunter toNight, so there shouldn't be that big a massacre.

EDIT: xed with Silly Sally and will be back before dl. Don't miss me too much!
Old 05-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #524
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
First off, no one's really steering the votes right now. We're just voting for the wolves. Secondly, waiting doesn't really help much.

But the numbers are a bit worrisome. Luckily, odds are pretty low that the wolf'll kill the hunter toNight, so there shouldn't be that big a massacre.
We'd hope. But if the wolf hits the hunter and the hunter is hunting two innocents, we're screwed. Now to be fair, the hunter has an insanely good chance of hitting the wolf, but on the off chance that the hunter isn't amazing (which not all of them are, after all) we could be in big trouble.

I know, I'm a pessimist. But I don't have complete faith in the hunter, no matter who they are. They're human, after all, and they don't know anymore than the rest of us. I think I'd have rather just gotten that variable out of the way ahead of time. (Cellie, I hope you know what you're doing toNight too.)

*cryptic!Sally is cryptic*
Old 05-20-2010, 08:25 PM   #525
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Anyway, despite Morsul's just plain weirdness -and if you'd read at all you'd have noticed, regardless of whether you read every single word, because Nerwen revealed early enough in the Day for you to have noticed- I have a couple other candidates for wolfdom. Lottie, in fact, and possibly Mira. Weird, ain't it?
Why those two?

x/d with Sally
Old 05-20-2010, 08:30 PM   #526
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Why those two?

x/d with Sally
*shrugs* I like to have contingency plans, so being so set on one person just sets one up for failure. So I picked two.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:45 PM   #527
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The only person at the moment I feel even slightly less iffy on is Inzil based on his actually serious posts

Top suspects

Sally
Lottie

Moderate

Mira
Paranoia

low level

Inzil

not guilty

Cel
and yes believe or not Morsul
Old 05-20-2010, 08:55 PM   #528
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sally 323

After a lot of defending Boro... this is Sally's reaction to Nerwen's reveal... why the anger? did you hate the fact your packmate was as good as gone?

then

Quote:
DL.

From the mod's very mouth:

Boro: wolf
Cabbie: ordo (modfired)

Also, Nerwen, my post at Day start? Totally makes me squee with giggles right now.

*snuggles down, sleeps for the Night*

ETA: Incidentally, the livings....

Mira
Morsul
Inzil
Blind
Sally
Lottie
Elfie
Nerwen
Glirdan
Tum
Celuien
Paranoia
emphasis mine.. Sally used the opportunity to throw a "I'm innocent" line in there
Old 05-20-2010, 08:59 PM   #529
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Sally 323

After a lot of defending Boro... this is Sally's reaction to Nerwen's reveal... why the anger? did you hate the fact your packmate was as good as gone?

then

emphasis mine. I'm not a fan of a player doing the mod's work. Sally used the opportunity to throw a "I'm innocent" line in there

Okay? So you're going to be happy about unintentionally making the seer reveal? Erm, that makes no sense, and I said as much at the time, that I was mad that I'd screwed crap up for the village. (Still not happy I did that.)

And you just cannot say anything about that. Shasta asked me to cover for him. (Also, Morsul, you edited your post, but I added the bit back in. Please correct me if I misquoted the original wording.) I was making a comment that I'd have made earlier had I not been hunting for my phone to call Shasta. The simple fact was that (apart from my relief of a wolf being gone, obviously) I was amused that my joking post at Day start had in fact been truth.

Again. Grasping. At. Straws. At least find something I've done wrong, why don't you. Oh wait, there isn't anything, because I'm innocent.

I have something to share soon! ^_^
Old 05-20-2010, 09:01 PM   #530
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Sally 323

Sally didn't defend Boro. Plus, a packmate was already as good as gone; Nerwen's reveal simply changed which packmate (BeiGe to Boro).

EDIT: xed with Sally
Old 05-20-2010, 09:03 PM   #531
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Sally didn't defend Boro. Plus, a packmate was already as good as gone; Nerwen's reveal simply changed which packmate (BeiGe to Boro).

THANK you, voice of reason. Heh. *pets you* Lottie, I has a present for you!

Back in about ten.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:04 PM   #532
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:

Back in about ten.
Now, that's totally not going to make me all excited and impatient. Nope, not at all.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:06 PM   #533
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I edited that out because it sounded petty but since you put it back in I'll defend it. You don't think having someone not associated with the game would be better to do the work the Mod was unable to at the moment do?(I understand things come up but it seems to have a player instead of a third party post that seems... weird)
Old 05-20-2010, 09:11 PM   #534
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Now, that's totally not going to make me all excited and impatient. Nope, not at all.
Hehe. And the time I'm taking to reply to this is making it more delayed.

Quote:
I edited that out because it sounded petty but since you put it back in I'll defend it. You don't think having someone not associated with the game would be better to do the work the Mod was unable to at the moment do?(I understand things come up but it seems to have a player instead of a third party post that seems... weird)
For one thing, that's rather meta of you. Who Shasta decides to have take his place is his business, not ours, and I'm personally honored he would trust me to give him accurate and timely results. All I did was tell him who had died and he told me their role so I could share it with you. It had no bearing on my actual game play (except for this idiot misplacing her phone) and shouldn't even be a part of the game discussion, because it's irrelevant. And the only reason I mentioned it was because it isn't relevant to my role in the game.

Which I just lost. DANG IT!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:11 PM   #535
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I don't think so. I had Sally act as co-mod for my game. Even if she hadn't died already, I probably would have. It's all a matter of who's available and who you can contact easily. The person would have had to be online at dl; would have had to text Shasta enough that Shasta would think of them; and would have had to drop everything to call dl for a game they're not even playing in. It makes a lot of sense for Shasta to choose Sally to close dl, because she fits all of those criteria.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:13 PM   #536
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Hehe. And the time I'm taking to reply to this is making it more delayed.

~~~

Which I just lost. DANG IT!
Ups. And I just lost the game...
Old 05-20-2010, 09:14 PM   #537
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
I trust Sally to be impartial if she's covering for me. There's nothing at all wrong with her posting for me when I can't get to the computer. Plus she's the only person from BD I talk to on the phone on a semiregular basis, and I don't appreciate you casting out-of-game aspersions, Morsul. Please stop.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:16 PM   #538
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I edited it out because it had NO baring on your role. the bolded part seemed an unneeded add on. I edited it out. for the love of... I noticed it was wrong and took it out. whatever...
Old 05-20-2010, 09:20 PM   #539
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I edited it out because it had NO baring on your role. the bolded part seemed an unneeded add on. I edited it out. for the love of... I noticed it was wrong and took it out. whatever...
Morsul, you're not supposed to edit your posts unless you're noting a cross post. You learned this your first game.

Now, I personally would like to drop this topic. Kthnx.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:23 PM   #540
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I like this plan.

And now....the time has come....
Old 05-20-2010, 09:25 PM   #541
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
I think I can guess, Miss Subtlety.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:27 PM   #542
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Original song is here, because I know it's obscure as all heck. (Possible spoilers for Dr. Horrible in the actual song, so be ye warned. That is all.)

Hey village
Stop voting, chillax
I got a story to tell....

Every night I check the webs
To see who all has died
I think of Tum and then I wonder
Why’s she still alive?
I thought maybe a newbie pass
Has helped her on her way
But now she’s going down
And I ain’t gonna frown

I’m livin’
Longer than Tum
She’s dying toDay
No matter how fast she runs
Oh sure she can poke
And make silly jokes
She’s still gonna choke
I’m livin’!

So no one suspected
Her all of this time
Yet I’ll be the one
Still making cool rhymes
Who’s got a plan
To help out this next Night?
And who’s gonna go out
Without a fight?
She slacks at accusations
And laughs at all the rest
But I’ll be here toMorrow
When she’s all out of breath
I also know the mod
What are the odds?
Now I’m just dyin’
Oh, wait, I’m totally lyin’

‘Cause I’m livin’
Longer than Tum
So many Days, y’all
I’ve been waiting now
For her to get out of here
Just run off in fear
This gives me more cheer
I’m livin’

Tum played a good game
This I cannot deny
But when you’re dreamed by the seer
You know you should cry
Tum can’t keep her role in check
Not with a broken neck
I thought I’d throw a bone
But now she’s run off, scared, for home
She saw the votes coming
And she’s done for, folks!
Don’t matter to me if she cries
As long as she dies
(Of course I’ll go now too
‘Cause my luck’s a cowpie)
At least I’m not yet on my
Way now to die
Look at that votes now
Oh yeah, she’s sure goin’ down
And I’m just laughin’ loud
As I see the vote counts
Like to take a bow
But I’m sitting playin’ a game of Mau
I’m all out of rhymes now
So I’ll just go out
Watching Tum get down and out
Kicked in the – Asking you all
When’s she gonna burn?
While Tum just has that awful fur
I’m so laughin’ at her

I’m livin’
Longer than Tum
Still have a beating heart
My fingers (mostly) feel
I’m not even beginning
To suggest nails and wheels
Won’t say, “Silence! Kill!”
‘Cause I’m outlivin’ Tum
Yeah yeah yeah

I’m outlivin’ Tum
I’m waiting for her to trip over
Banana peels
Either way she’s gone
And I’m still on the player list
Don’t care if she’s missed
I’m outlivin’ Tum

ETA: Fixed some coding, and an apology. This isn't my usual standard but I did it in like ten minutes so please forgive any whoopsies. I know there's a couple errors, but I need to find them again so I can fix them.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:27 PM   #543
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ANYWAY

Onto other things

when I was talking about Sally Defending Boro. I'm referring to posts 310 and 311
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:29 PM   #544
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

It wouldn't be a game without a Sally-song (and a Lottie-song, as well).
Old 05-20-2010, 09:29 PM   #545
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:

Figured it was about time. ^_^
Old 05-20-2010, 09:30 PM   #546
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
So after much discussing with myself and my cat who I should vote for, I have made a decision. For whatever reason my cat really doesn't like the idea of having a wolf around. I'm not sure why, I think he's afraid that the wolf would think he'd make a tasty meal.

So we had a little talk about it.

Cat: You must get rid of the wolf!
Me: I am a wolf!
Cat: And you need to die! I don't want you to eat me! *Meowrrrr*
Me: Back away!
Cat: I'm taking over...
Me: You can't do that!
Cat: *Gives glare, hisses, and brings out claws*
Me: *as any wolf would do backs away*
Cat: That's better now for me to vote....

++Tum

Me: Noooo! I don't want to die!
Cat: Too late.
Me: *Goes and lies down in her den*
Old 05-20-2010, 09:31 PM   #547
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dűm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
You're right. That is petty. And extremely rude. As someone who you've insulted and accused of using meta-reasoning to assign roles when I was modding and repeatedly said that roles were randomly assigned, I really don't take kindly to you insinuating that another mod (especially Shasta) is less than functional. Mods get whoever they have fastest access to to do their dirty work. If you were friends with Downers in RL and were modding, you'd understand that.

Quote:
Sorry dear, just had to get that out there.

sally, I <3 you lots for that.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling

Last edited by Keeper of Dol Guldur; 05-20-2010 at 09:32 PM. Reason: xed since Inzil
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:31 PM   #548
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Fun song. *snuggles a Silly Sally*

EDIT: xed muchly
Old 05-20-2010, 09:32 PM   #549
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I'd just like to point out how much I love that cat ^_^

See your present? See? See?

EDIT: x'd with Lottie and Mira *is snuggled*
Old 05-20-2010, 09:32 PM   #550
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Figured it was about time. ^_^
Bwhahaa! I love it!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:33 PM   #551
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
I do like the Sally song.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:34 PM   #552
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper of Dol Guldur View Post
You're right. That is petty. And extremely rude. As someone who you've insulted and accused of using meta-reasoning to assign roles when I was modding and repeatedly said that roles were randomly assigned, I really don't take kindly to you insinuating that another mod (especially Shasta) is less than functional. Mods get whoever they have fastest access to to do their dirty work. If you were friends with Downers in RL and were modding, you'd understand that.
I thought it was Hakon who kept on using meta in your game, Mira. I seem to recall a collective desire to lynch him for it.

Anyway, can we let this go now?
Old 05-20-2010, 09:35 PM   #553
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I've got rhythm, I've got music, I've got my Joss. Who could ask for anything more?

Also, shameless pimping here. Just....don't ask.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:36 PM   #554
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I thought it was Hakon who kept on using meta in your game, Mira. I seem to recall a collective desire to lynch him for it.

'Twas, I believe, and I concur.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:36 PM   #555
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
I'd just like to point out how much I love that cat ^_^

See your present? See? See?

EDIT: x'd with Lottie and Mira *is snuggled*
Apparently my cat doesn't love me as much as I thought he did.

I did, and it made me laugh. Totally loved it!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:37 PM   #556
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Then it's offical! This is a WW game!

Quote:
ANYWAY

Onto other things

when I was talking about Sally Defending Boro. I'm referring to posts 310 and 311
Um...not really. We're still on the same basic topic. You're still talking about Sally. It's not really "onto other things". Also, she's explained that. Her trying to kill one wolf over another because she was more sure of BeiGe is no more suspicious than mine - and I know mine isn't wolvery.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:40 PM   #557
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by autume98 View Post
Apparently my cat doesn't love me as much as I thought he did.

I did, and it made me laugh. Totally loved it!
Hehe. He does love his auntie, doesn't he? (At least I think I'd sort of be his auntie. I'm the only one he likes besides you, anyway.) META ALERT! META ALERT! Silly me. Anyway, onto other stuff....

Quote:
Then it's offical! This is a WW game!

Um...not really. We're still on the same basic topic. You're still talking about Sally. It's not really "onto other things". Also, she's explained that. Her trying to kill one wolf over another because she was more sure of BeiGe is no more suspicious than mine - and I know mine isn't wolvery.
Heh. Coincidentally, mine isn't either? Who'd have thunk it?
Old 05-20-2010, 09:41 PM   #558
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dűm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:

Ok, fail me. My apologies. I just get really ticked off about stuff like this.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling

Last edited by Keeper of Dol Guldur; 05-20-2010 at 09:46 PM. Reason: mira has potty mouth
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:43 PM   #559
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Heh. Coincidentally, mine isn't either? Who'd have thunk it?
I know, right?
Old 05-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #560
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Language, princess. But I concur. Now let's honestly drop it. Suspicion lists, everyone? Maybe?

EDIT: x'd with Lottie. And I know right, I know, right? This can't end well.