Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2003, 07:51 PM   #201
kittiewhirl1677
Shade of Carn Dûm

kittiewhirl1677 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to kittiewhirl1677
Silmaril

Everybody in the inn turns to look at the door... there is a radiant and beautiful light shining from it. It slowly opens, and a wonderous creature enters. At first, she looks like a body of light. Then, slowly, everyone can make out the figure of a slender female.

Her hair, gently swaying, uncover her long, pointed ears. She is an elf.
She turns to the inkeeper, and says:
"Hello, I am Nybradiliel from Rivendell. I have come here to stay a night's rest."

[ March 28, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 03-28-2003, 08:30 PM   #202
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Kates Frodo Temp has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Orcs. So that's what they were. Elhor promised himself he would heed Pio's warning. The last thing he wanted to do was cause trouble for her! He decided to leave the strange creatures alone.

Maybe he would go and talk with Morwyn. But what would he say? Why should she be interested in him, anyway? Perhaps she would do the talking; the people at the Green Dragon seemed to be good at telling tales.

He loved to hear stories, and never once doubted the truth of the old lore told and sung in the halls of Delhor, Lord of the Vale. No other people he knew of could or would tell of past days like the people of the Vale. Cordethian was a rough language, though, and those who knew much of other lands said the stories lost much in the translation.

Some said that when Elves sang of great past deeds, it was like being there yourself. Of course, he wouldn't know, never having met an Elf. Or at least, he didn't think he had. Would he recognize one, even if he saw it? Probably not.

A cool, white light radiated from the door, and Elhor turned to stare. He was astonished by the glorious sight that met his eyes. She was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen! Perhaps this was an Elf! Such splendour of looks and manner was foreign to him. But why, he wondered, did she feel it necessary to shout an introduction to the whole room? The people here all seemed a bit forward to Elhor, but this was something entirely new to him.

Perhaps he was just unused to the customs of these strange people. Besides, it wasn't his place to criticize; let Pio handle her own inn. Elhor knew, though, that his first impressions were usually right. He would watch her closely, and if he was not right, very well. But if he was...

Sign my lighter, Meela?
Old 03-28-2003, 08:49 PM   #203
kittiewhirl1677
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

SAVE for reworked post

Old 03-28-2003, 08:54 PM   #204
kittiewhirl1677
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Saved for reworked post

Old 03-28-2003, 11:15 PM   #205
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

As the light shone from the door, Celebgaladhgwend, who was still at the inn, though mostly remaining hidden, turned her eyes for a brief moment to see an Elven woman step into the inn. If anyone had been near her, they might have seen her eyes grow hard, sternly watching every move the newcomer made, and they might have heard her low whisper, "Be it that it is not she."

Yet then her expression lightened, and a soft smile came to her face as she sunk once more into her dark corner. I suppose it would be considered a compliment, she thought as her eyes turned to watch each of the other Elves in turn, that I was afraid of this Elf because she bore such a strange resemblance to my mother. I can be certain that my mother is in the closest liking to an Elf of all mortals.

Laughter nearly escaped her as a new thought came to her mind. I can also be certain that any faithful and loving daughter or son would think so of their mother of the race of Man.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:31 PM   #206
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Carne began to feel lonely in her small room. She pushed open her door gently and walked in silence to the inn. Looking around it seemed that everything had calmed down. A newcomer had come in, an elf! She smiled happy to know that she wasn't the only elf lady at the inn. Thalision had disappeared in the crowd. She sat down at an empty table and ordered a drink.

She noticed other guests who she hadn't seen before. A man was sitting in the corner, a boy and another lady were sitting at the bar as well as the orcs. She waited for her drink still watching the other guests.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:46 PM   #207
Silmarien
Wight

Silmarien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

The Lady was grateful for the sandwich, cider and reassurance from the land lady. There were number of people here. It seemed quite popular and almost friendly. An elf had just made a grand entrance and a young boy kept moving around. ‘A bit like me’ she thought with an alarmingly wry smile, for one of only 17 years.

Mm, this was a great cheese sandwich. She hadn’t had one since... No, she had to stop thinking about it so much. “Just find somewhere safe and then I can decide where to go from there.” She gasped. She hadn’t realized she had spoken. She took a deep drink from her cider and wondered if she had been heard.
Though here at journeys end I lie in dakness buried deep, beyond all towers strong and high beyond all mountains steep, above all shadows rides the Sun and Stars forever dwell:I will not say the Day is done nor bid the Stars farewell!
Old 03-29-2003, 01:53 AM   #208
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Envinyatar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

‘You have not had those babies yet?’

He grabbed her up in his great arms and swung her once around. Face flushed, her eyes laughing, she pushed him away to arms’ length as he sat her down gently on the worn wooden floor of the Common Room. Her eyes swept his figure from dusty boots to the dark locks held back from his face with a leather thong. Derufin laughed, a bright fresh sound against the clatter and noise of the Inn.

He had been gone a long time, some business to the West that had taken him far from the homey comforts of the Green Dragon. He had visited some old friends and found comfort in their words to him. He had made peace with some old ghosts and now his eyes looked less haunted as he watched the Elf move toward the bar to fetch him something to drink.

Derufin studied her closely, and a frown crept over his face. She looked tired, and her movements were slower than he remembered, though just as graceful in their own way. He strode quickly to the bar, reaching it before her. His hands pulled out a small bottle of chilled wine from its still familiar shelf and two glasses. Taking her elbow, he maneuvered both of them to a small table near the western window and sat her down. Pouring her a half glass of wine, cut with cold water from the Inn’s well, he held his own wine up to her in salute.

‘M'lady,’ he began, ‘here’s to the meeting of old friends once again!’ He drank deeply, then leaned in close, his voice dropping lower. ‘I’m here to stay for a while, now. What can I do to ease your burden until the wee ones come?’
Old 03-29-2003, 02:48 AM   #209
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

NEW RPG DISCUSSION THREAD OPEN TO TAKE ON CHARACTERS

**************** ESCAPE FROM NURN RPG ****************

Game owners: Amanaduial the Archer and Brinniel
Old 03-29-2003, 08:24 AM   #210
Taurëien

Shield

Suddenly a women entered the inn. She wear armour and on her shield you could see the white horse of Rohan. She had long blonde hair and she was tall as all riders of Rohan but she looked terrible she was dirty and she had wounds in her face and her hair was tangled. It looked like she had been sitting on a gorse for several days. People glared at her it was not every day you saw a female rider of rohan.

She was very calm and asked for a room and a stable place fore her horse Ambaron she said that her name were Taurëien. The woman in the bar said: Just sit down and rest my friend. I will find the manager you just wait here. Taurïen sat down in a corner to wait fore the woman to return.

Taurëien - please note I have edited your post into paragraphs.

Since you don't have your PM's (Private Messages) enabled, I will address this here:

First - Welcome to the Shire and Gaming at the Barrow Downs!

You need to read the first topic listed in the Shire forum: The Red Book of Westmarch. It gives all the rules for posting in the Shire.

Basic Rule: All posts must contain at least 2 paragraphs and each paragraph must have a minimum of 2 sentences. To make paragraphs on the Barrow Downs, double space between them, or they won't show up as distinct sections.

Also, you may, when you decide to join an actual Game, want to use your spell checker and write the posts in 'Word' first.

Thanks! Piosenniel, Shire Moderator

[ March 29, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]

Old 03-29-2003, 08:56 AM   #211
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Eye

“Just find somewhere safe and then I can decide where to go from there.”

Elhor started and looked about for the source of the voice. At first he thought he had spoken his own thought! Then he saw her. A pretty lady, she was; there were many of those here! More than in the Vale.

He remembered seeing her now: She had been frightened by the orcs, and Pio had said something to her. Now she seemed calm enough, except for the look that told Elhor she had not meant to speak aloud.

He smiled. She seemed out of place here, sitting alone, talking to herself. Almost like himself, wandering about without saying anything. Maybe they could travel together! But where would they go? Why would she go with him?

He laughed out loud. When had he last done that? Not since he was a baby, probably! Now he was all but rolling on the floor. There was no reason to laugh; he was lost and alone in what seemed another world! But it was a relief from the tension.

Sign my lighter, Meela?
Old 03-29-2003, 03:06 PM   #212
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Taurëien

Please see my requests to you on your first post here in the Inn. ~~ Pio [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2003, 03:38 PM   #213
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Shield

Morwyn shook her head in disbelief. The things that went on in this inn. She scanned the room carefully when Elhor left. The dark creatures that were gathered in one corner made her shudder. She'd fought off orcs before. She glanced at Nahai, who looked troubled. She smiled, and asked Pio for another ale, as the inkeeper passed their table.

"Now for tales, my new friend?" she aked, cautiously. Now that Nahai had revealed her secret, Morwyn was more comfortable telling her stories, by comparison they were matters of jest. Nahai's eyes were following Elhor across the room.

Morwyn drew a deep breath and began to recount an incident from the road to the Green Dragon.

"I was travelling alone, one must always be careful." She began. "My horse is swift, but he is also valuable, and there are many dangerous men who would try to take him from a lone woman. As I rode north I met a small dark man with a scarred face. We met in a lonely place, and I was frightened. He spoke friendly words while pointing a dagger at me, and I rode with him for several days. At night I didn't sleep, but sat with my hand on Leofa's reins and my sword drawn. After two days I grew very tired. We were close to Bree at this point. And that night, I slept." her voice grew quiet. "I awoke to find the man with the scarred face searching my pockets. My pack was open and strewn about the ground. He'd taken my sword, and found the dagger in my sleeve. When I cursed at him he slapped me, threatened me. 'Women', he said, 'should never travel alone'." She paused and looked up at Nahai, to see if she was listening. She wondered if the shape-changer would have been frightened. Morwyn had been terrified. She guessed not, a bear has little to fear from a man with a dagger.
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 03-29-2003, 04:18 PM   #214
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

‘As a matter of fact, there is much you can do for me, Derufin.’ Pio sighed and leaned back in her chair, her feet propped on another she had pulled close. The twins were active today and she was uncomfortable, it seemed, in any position. She poured herself another small tot of wine, cut with much water and watched the pale red liquid swirl in her mug as she rocked it back and forth, mixing it.

‘The stable, I fear is in much disarray, since last you left it.’ He cocked an eyebrow at this statement, urging her to go on. ‘Our stableman has left, gone back to help on the family farm. And there is a paucity of willing lads to act as stableboy.’ She looked at the table of Orcs, the lone Balrog, the Elves, and the Shapechangers and chuckled. ‘You know how insular the good folk of the Shire are, Derufin. The fact that a Man, you, is here is trouble enough to them. But all these other exotic creatures have got the wind up their noses. The Hobbit folk have been staying away from the Green Dragon of late . . .’

[ March 29, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 03-29-2003, 09:19 PM   #215
Silmarien
Wight

Silmaril

The boy was looking at her. It seemed he had heard her speak. For a moment their eyes met and she thought she saw there understanding.

Then he burst into laughter, but it was not so much mirth as relief. Relief about what she wondered? He seemed like her, yet the way he was laughing she wondered why she knew that. It was things like this knowing that had gotten her into trouble in the first place. Yet thus far her intuitions had always been right. She knew this boy was trustworthy.

As his laughing died down she motioned him to the seat across from her. She trusted him but there were always others listening. So she said “My name is Silmarien.” With only the slightest hesitation. “How are you this evening?”
Though here at journeys end I lie in dakness buried deep, beyond all towers strong and high beyond all mountains steep, above all shadows rides the Sun and Stars forever dwell:I will not say the Day is done nor bid the Stars farewell!
Old 03-29-2003, 09:46 PM   #216
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"I have been afraid plenty of times Éden!" Aeryn said. "Do you know why i am here?" Her sharp grey eyes narrowed. "I am finding my mother. Now if you excuse me, friend, I have business to attend to." Aeryn had finally spotted Alaemas and Dolenmar sitting near the fire.

"How long have you been here!" Dolenmar yelled surprised. "A very long time" Aeryn said. "And i have had time to shower, unlike the both of you." she said cheekily.

"Come now!" Alaemas said placing a hand on her shoulder. "We dont smell that much." Aeryn shuddered and then laughed. "Well i need to go upstairs anyway and get dressed in something different." She left them and began to ascend the stairs, her eyes were on her feet as she walked up the stairs. She bumped into something, her eyes rose, and she was met with what looked like a mirror image of herself.

Aeryn gasped. The other woman's jaw stiffened. The other woman, had the same long snow hair, the same height, complection, and the same icy cold grey eyes that Aeryn herself posessed. It was Umbria, her elven mother, whom she had seen few times and only from a distance.

There was a silence between them, as they stared at eachother. Then Umbria's voice spoke, deep and full of age, "You have come looking for me,and I am found." She said, her head high. "I need to talk to you, now ive found you, i have so much to say!" Aeryn managed to stammer. "mother-"
"dont call me that."

Umbria's eyes were hard, "if you must, follow me" she walked down the stairs, past Dolenmar and Alaemas, and sat down on a chair in one of the far corners of the room. "What have you to say to me?"

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-29-2003, 09:46 PM   #217
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Sting

‘And . . .’ he prompted her once again. A smile played about his lips, glad that she would ask him to stay. He looked away for a moment, his eyes darkening only briefly with the remembrance of another who was dear to him. He shook his head slightly, putting the memory from him, though the small faces of two children smiling up at him were harder to shut behind the mind’s doors.

He winced as Piosenniel looked sharply at him. Had she picked up some fleeting sadness from his thoughts? He rubbed his forehead, evading her questioning expression, and pretended a mild headache from the dust of the road and the heat of midsummer. He could see the amusement glint in her eyes at the clumsy way he sought to turn her attention. But, she played along, murmuring her sympathies and offering a healing powder for it should he wish it.

It was one of the things he cherished about this new friend he’d found. She could allow him his fictions and his evasions until he was ready to speak of them. And then, just as readily, she would listen without judgment . . .
Old 03-29-2003, 10:18 PM   #218
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

For a very, very long time Rie sat staring at Don. Her green eyes were dispassionate, almost emotionless. She bit her lip and nodded slowly.

"Well," she said, as though it was a great philosophical statement. The meaning of the universe. "Well."

Talômi? Impossible. It was simply not possible. Well.

Her green eyes filled with tears, and one spilled down onto her lightly freckled cheek. She had been in the sun too long. Well, well, well.

"Don, I hardly know what to say." Well? Well. Rie could not find anything else to do, anything else to say. Her brain felt like it had spontaneously exploded, and all of her thinking was blown to bits. So she did the only thing she could think of.

She began to bawl.
Old 03-29-2003, 10:30 PM   #219
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Don cringed. "Oh, please, please, please, don't!" The cry seemed to be torn from her heart, and indeed it was. "I'm so sorry, Rie, I truly am! Please don't cry!"

Many eyes were on the pair, their attention being drawn by Rie's sobs and Don's loud and heartbroken voice. Rie, too blinded by her tears, did not see this, but Don did and her eyes flickered with realization.

"Rie, you have to stop crying," she whispered. "If you don't, your brother will be certain to find you. You're being so dreadfully loud."

Don hoped she hadn't spoken too harshly, but somehow she had to make Rie realize what she already had.
Old 03-29-2003, 10:35 PM   #220
Meoshi
Wight

Meoshi has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Daethaur sipped at the drink. It was surprisingly good, and he was pretty sure he had tasted a recipe like it before. A nice sulfur flavouring, given a thick kindling by dust from Anfauglith and lava from...well, he couldn't quite tell where the lava was from by the taste.

"Pio", he asked, as he had heard the barkeep called that by others, "Why do you have the ingredients for a drink that no one but a Balrog would want? Have others of my kind ever come through here before?"
Old 03-29-2003, 10:50 PM   #221
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Derufin had refused the offer of willowbark powder as she knew he would. Casual conversation flowed between them, shallow topics that held no threat of painful memories. He was skilful at this, as was she.

Her long years had taught her much of that strange habit of Men – to let a thing fester deeply, pushing it down into the recesses of their being until it ate at them and in the end consumed them. It was curious to her that those of so short a span of years would do this. Better to open a wound to the light and the clean, fresh air of the present. Let the healthy tissue fill back in until only a small scar is left as a mild remembrance of the pain.

Pio turned the conversation back to her immediate needs at the Inn. In less than a month it would be Loendë, Midyear’s Day. The twins would be born then, Mithadan would be arriving soon. Would Derufin consent to overseeing the stable duties, be the hostler as it were for the Inn. He had traveled much and the beasts ridden by some of the guests would be easier for him to accommodate than a Shire-bound Hobbit.

There was a small room, comfortable enough for one person, attached to the stable if he would like his privacy. Say the word, and she would have some of the lads in the Inn take one of the Man sized beds down the stairs and over to the stable quarters . . .

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Daethaur approached as Dreufin considered Pio’s offer. "Pio", he asked . . ., "Why do you have the ingredients for a drink that no one but a Balrog would want? Have others of my kind ever come through here before?"

Pio laughed in delight at the question. ‘Why, indeed? I was taught well by an old friend of mine to be ready for anything. So when a passing merchant from the far North hauled out a heavy Dwarven steel box, saying it might be something I would need one day, I took him at his word and bought it from him. And now look, it has turned out to be true.’

She directed the Balrog’s attention to a cross-stitched panel hanging over the mirror at the bar. In flowery, Elven script was neatly stitched, white threads against a black background:

No one can see all ends . . . *+* Ancalimon *+*
Old 03-29-2003, 11:51 PM   #222
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nahai shook her head sympathetically. Poor Morwyn.

“Aye, men can be scum. They think women cannot fend for themselves. Obviously they do not know us well, do they?” She gave a wry smile, revealing the hilt of her own sword half-hidden by her cape. “Many people don’t think a Beorning has need of such a weapon, but I assure you, a bear’s shape has its limits.” She held up her right hand, wiggling her fingers.

“You see, opposable thumbs have their advantages. And sometimes fighting tooth-and-nail just isn’t enough.” Her hand slid to her sheathed sword, fingering its hilt while casting a glance at the table of strange creatures seated behind them. How did a group of orcs and a balrog find their way into the Green Dragon?

“I myself carry little of value with me, save this sword, and I rarely ride horses. However, men who don’t know my heritage are easily distracted by a lone woman traveler, and those who do know are usually more than eager to chase me away.” She shook her head again, remembering such instances. “Maybe they think I’m going to—I don’t know—eat their children or hunt their sheep or something. The truth is, I shudder to even think about eating any type of meat, and the only things I hunt are the men who murdered my parents.” Her eyes lowered. “Although I haven’t had much luck.” Clearing her throat in embarrassment, she looked back at Morwyn.

“Forgive me for interrupting your story. Please continue.” Out of the corner of her eye, she glimpsed Elhor talking to a beautiful woman. Good. He seemed to be feeling more confident about himself. But had she scared him away with her confession? He had left right after she had revealed her true identity, and he had looked somewhat frightened. Had her Beorning heritage driven him away, as it did so many other people? She still did not know who Elhor really was; a selfish part of her had hoped he was a skin-changer like her, so that she wouldn’t be alone any more. But that was impossible. And why was such a young lad all alone in a strange place? Was he an orphan? A runaway? She doubted she would ever know.

Nahai silently wished him luck and happiness, wherever the road of life led him. Then she turned her attention back to Morwyn, waiting for her to speak.
Old 03-30-2003, 01:21 PM   #223
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Sting

‘Ancalimon?’ Derufin looked expectantly at Piosenniel, but the Elf remained decidedly unforthcoming on the subject, repeating only that he was an old friend.

The Balrog had gone back to his drink, leaving in his wake the faint smell of sulfur and charred things best left unidentified. Derufin threw open the window to let in the clean smelling airs of the fair day. Sunlight streamed in, picking out the shapes of water drops beading on the side of the pitcher. Light as if from tiny diamonds played about the pitcher’s surface, casting the occasional brief rainbow on the table’s smooth surface.

Derufin drew his thick finger through the beads, and they puddled in random pools on the table. His eyes caught the sight of yet another guest riding up the path to the Inn. A Hobbit on a fat Shire pony. He stood up, smiling at Piosenniel.

‘Well, then! Here’s my first customer.’ He stretched, throwing the tired, tight feeling from his muscles. She looked at him, her brow furrowed, wondering what he was saying.

‘The stable, m’lady!’ He grinned and bowed to her. ‘Meet your new hostler and jack-of-all-trades!’ Derufin pushed his pack and cape toward her. ‘If you’ll have them brought to my quarters in the stable, along with that proper sized bed, I’ll go see to this fine Shire mount.’ Slapping the road dust from his breeches, he strode out the door, a welcoming smile on his face.

Derufin held the bridle of the pony as the Hobbit dismounted. He looked up at the Man, a skeptical look on his face.

‘Welcome to the Green Dragon Inn, my good Sir!’ came Derufin’s genial greeting. ‘I’m the stable’s new hostler.’ He took the reins from the speechless Hobbit. ‘Now if you’ll allow me, I will see that your pony is cared for while you slake your thirst on the Westfarthing’s finest brew!’

The Hobbit, shaking his head in amazement, watched as the Man clucked gently to the pony, urging him along to the stable with the promise of fresh hay and a crisp carrot.
Old 03-30-2003, 03:16 PM   #224
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

The Ruling Ring has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Drago blinked hard, trying unsucessfully to fend off the espression on his face.

"Nothing," he said quietly, looking back at Ellie. "I was just...curious. I wondered if you'd tell me more about the Smials."

He chanced a look at her face, as she thoughtfully wiped the liquid from her mouth.
Old 03-30-2003, 03:45 PM   #225
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"No" replied Ellie suddenly. "I'm fed up of talking. You tell me about magic, and your family, and friends and everything. I want to know about you Drago!"

She settled back in her chair with a stubborn look on her face and folded her arms. I wonder what he's going to say? she thought. That is, if he ever gets around to saying anything!
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 03-30-2003, 03:48 PM   #226
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Pio watched the entire scene taking place between the hesitant Hobbit and the Man. She held her breath, hoping the Hobbit would not go running after him with a shout of, ‘Hey, there’ll be no Big Folk manhandling my pony! Come back here, thief!’ She saw the Hobbit’s stance relax. And nodded, willing him to turn round and come into the Inn. He did, and she breathed out in relief.

Imagine the look of surprise on the unsuspecting Hobbit’s face, as the Innkeeper opened wide the door for him, ushering him in like a little King.

‘A table by the window, my friend!’ She pulled out the chair for him, and gave the table a hasty swipe with her ever present bar rag. Snapping her fingers, she caught the attention of a passing server. ‘A half pint, on the house, if you please for our customer. And a plate of Cook’s bread, sliced thick with ham, cheese and mustard. He looks hungry.’

The Hobbit, overwhelmed by his welcome to the local pub, squirmed in his seat at first with embarrassment. But the Innkeeper smiled down at him again in a friendly manner, and he relaxed. ‘Yes,’ he thought to himself. ‘I could get quite used to this!’
Old 03-30-2003, 09:03 PM   #227
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Elladan Peredhil has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Rirrym listens attentively as Cromthal starts his tale, occasionally using his stick to swirl the cloth around in the metal tub. He looks down, smiling as he notices that the color is starting to take to the fabric.

He looks up at Cromthal's pale visage as his companion stops speaking for a moment. Cromthal was staring off into space as if he were temporarily lost in the memories of that day. Waving a hand in front of Cromthal's face to try and gain his attention, Rirrym laughs lightly as his friend jumps slightly. "What happened after that? Were you conscious when Gandalf pulled you from a watery grave?" he asks, curiosity getting the better of him.
Old 03-30-2003, 09:55 PM   #228
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Cromthal blinked a few times as Rirrym caught his attention.

"Hmm? Well, there's a lot I don't remember that Mithrandir told me about when I was partially concious. He told me that he was wandering along the banks of the River when he saw my horse. He told me he knew a creature so magnificent could not be wild, plus she still had the baggage I had strapped to her. A few feet later he found the baggage pony. They moved away from him in such a way he said that he saw they wanted him to follow them. He said Seargal especially acted that way.

"He found me not far from the bank, draped over a tree trunk that had fallen into the water, half drowned. "Is this what you wanted me to find?" he asked Seargal. He dragged me, soaking wet and partially concious out of the cold water. He examined me, he said, and found I was alive, but just barely. He knew I was a man, but he wasn't sure from where until I later confirmed to him what I was.

"The first clear thing I remember was coughing up a trmendous amount of cold water. I remember I felt relly cold too. I think I remember someone's hand on me and speaking to me, but I can't remember what they said. After that everything went dark and I don't remember anymore.

"The next thing somewhat remember is lying on or in something warm, but I was in and out of conciousness for a while. I remember an arm under my head and giving me somethign to drink. It was warm, but what it was I don't remember. I slipped back into darkness after that."

Cromthal wasn't totally paying attention to what he was doing and slipped the end of his figer into the nearly boiling water. He drew it away with a short gasp and cursed in his own tongue under his breath.
Old 03-31-2003, 10:08 AM   #229
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

The Ruling Ring has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Oh," he said nervously, grabbing a chair and sitting down nervously. "I see. Alright. Well...you already know that I went away with my friends, to learn magic. We'd heard tell of a wizard named Radagast the Brown, and we thought that we might find him, and ask him to teach us magic. I don't know why, really," he looked at the flames flickering reflection on the floor, then looked back up at Ellie. "Anyway, we never actually found him. Before we might have, we met Beoluin. He was a cleric, that's what he told me, and Ojo, Mergo, and Geriber. He thought we were nice, and since we'd had a terribly rough time already--Mergo was ill, you see, from all the travel, and we'd even ended up running from some wolves at a point, and losing almost everything we'd brought with us--Beoluin took pity on us. He took us into his dwelling, healed Mergo, rejuvenated all of us, and taught us all a bit of magic. It wasn't anything large, you know, just some things that might help get the chores done, and such. He told us that he would teach us more when he thought that we'd mastered what he'd already shown us, but he never did. And what's more, I don't think he meant to. Ojo, Mergo, Geriber and I escaped when he became a cruel master, but once we got back over the Misty Mountains, Mergo fell very ill again, and died," Drago was silent for a moment. "He was like a brother to me...after that, none of us really knew what to do. Geriber went off on his own and left Ojo and I, and I lost Ojo just outside of here, to another pub. He said he didn't feel like coming home."

Drago looked away from Ellie for a second, out the window. Taking a deep breath, he turned back to her nervously.
Old 03-31-2003, 10:09 AM   #230
Barodir
Animated Skeleton

Barodir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Barodir sat in reflect for a moment or two. He sat and looked at the people that had entered the Inn in the last hour or so: Humans, Hobbits, and Elves. He smiled to see such diversity was accepted somewhere in Middle Earth.

He thought of his family, alone in Rohan somewhere. He wondered how lonely they were, and if they were in good health.

"I'll go check on them" he said. "I'll surprise them and go to them. Then maybe I'll bring them here."

With that, he stood and left the Inn, making sure to grab his weapons on the way. He turned, looked to see if he had forgotten anything or anyone, and, seeing nothing of interest, turned out the door to head for his family.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:08 PM   #231
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Sting

I'm fine. What makes you think otherwise? Why do you care, anyway?" The harsh words came out before Elhor could bite them back. "I'm sorry. It's just that I don't like to...to attract attention. If you're alone, I don't mind talking."

He settled back in his chair; this was what he had wanted, wasn't it? To have someone just to sit and talk with? She could be trusted, Elhor knew. If he could only suppress his natural suspicion, the boy might grow to like his new surroundings.

Sign my lighter, Meela?
Old 03-31-2003, 10:23 PM   #232
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rie dried her eyes with the edge of her sleeve. She gasped for breath, then inhaled shakily. "You're right," she said, her voice still quaking. "You're right," she repeated more strongly. She pushed her hair behind her ear, pulled it back out, and twisted a lock around her finger. She wiped her eye with the heel of her hand again, then tilted her head and sighed. "You're sure it was Talômi, Don? Absolutely sure?"

She must not be here. The girl must have been wrong.

Talômi moped through the Inn, halfheartedly listening in to tales and songs, and poking at his supper with even less interest. Rie wasn't at the Green Dragon. He was at the wrong place. Surely the girl had not meant to mislead him, but he was wasting his time.

He picked up his head when he heard an agonized sob, but he could not find its source. It ended abruptly, and he went back to picking at his food. He was at the wrong place.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:43 AM   #233
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Carnefeniel was alone. She had no one to talk to and was surrounded by strangers again. She didn't know what to do, everyone else was chatting to someone. She looked around again looking to see if anyone was alone like her but there wasn't.

Carne got up slowly and headed for the door. She hummed quietly to herself and then she walked over to the stables and found her horse, Tolfoloth. Carne smiled as she looked into his dark eyes. They reminded her of when she first found him.

It had been so long ago, when she was in Lothlorien. He had been wild then, no one was able to tame him. Carne was singing by the river and he came to her. He seemed to shine in the golden light and they had never been apart since.

The memories flashed through her mind. 'Those were the good times, weren't they Tolfoloth?' She stroked his long white mane and sat beside him.

[ April 01, 2003: Message edited by: Beruthiel ]
Old 04-01-2003, 12:08 PM   #234
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

PoWa has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Ferdinand was riding to the gate of Bree a late night. It was raining and Ferdinand was cold and hungry. He stayed outside the get. He knocked the gate and a man opened it. He said; "Welcome, young hobbit. I guess you'r staying at the inn tonight?"
"Yes, sir", Ferdinand said gently. He led his horse to the stable and gave it some food and fresh water. He walked over to the inn and sat down at the bardisk and ha an ale. He removed his darkgreen cape that had coverd his face. The other guests now saw that he was a hobbit whit green eyes and brown curly hair.

He sat alone and orderd some chicken. Chicken was his favourite meal. He looked around at the inn that was dark. It was just a few lights. He saw a few dwarves talking about gold and adventures and two elves that talked very fast and excited.

He saw a couple of chairs in front of a fireplace. When he got his chickenmeal he moved over to the chairs and sat down i one.
He saw someone sitting beside him.
Old 04-01-2003, 06:51 PM   #235
Silmarien
Wight

Silmaril

“I’m so sorry” She said quietly. “I didn’t mean to pry. I do not wish to attract attention eitherpartly because I am alone”. Entirely alone that was her.

She wondered if she should tell him about her intuitions. Yes. “I felt instinctively that you were a trustable person, and in the same sort of circumstances as myself. Because of this I completely understand if you are suspicious. Would it help if I told you my story?”

Now it had come to it, she truly wished to earn this boys trust. She would tell all, in hope that he would be sure about her.
Old 04-01-2003, 07:42 PM   #236
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Don sighed with relief. She had been sure for a moment that Rie would attract so much attention that her brother would wander over to see what it was all about and see her.

"You're sure it was Talômi, Don? Absolutely sure?"

Don was rather shocked at Rie's question, but it made her sit back and think. "Yes, unless he was lying," she said. "He said that was his name."

"What do we do?"

Don's face screwed up in concentration. "Get to my room," she said. "He may ask someone if you were here, and that person, not knowing you were hiding from him, would tell."
Old 04-01-2003, 09:55 PM   #237
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Morwyn's smile widened as Nahai revealed the sword beneath her cloak. She drew a deep breath to finish her story.

"Everything, turned out well, as it was. As the man leaned over me, he suddenly fell to his knees. I didn't dare move because his dagger was still pointed in my direction, but his face was twisted with pain. A few seconds later he fell with an arrow in his back."

Morwyn shook her head, remembering how silly she must have looked at the time.

"Not knowing where the arrow had come from, I moved as little as possible but reached over for my sword. As soon as I got my fingertips around the hilt I jumped to my feet and cried out to the woods that whoever had killed my captor must show themselves to me. When I jumped, my horse, Leofa, was frightened and ran into the woods. I heard laughter in the trees all around me, and I dropped my head. The trees in front of me parted and out stepped an elf garbed in green and brown."

Morwyn looked to see Nahai's reaction to this, Morwyn was both proud and embarrassed of the incident-- how many women could say they'd been rescued by elves, yet she had looked so foolish! Nahai's face remained rather expressionless.

"They were elves of a wandering company, journeying from the elven havens of Lindon to visit their kin in Rivendell. The leader of the group was called Elendor. He returned Leofa to me, after laughing a bit more and praising his speed. He then warned me of travelling alone, and advised me to practice with the bow. We travelled together as far as Bree even though it was out of their way." Morwyn sighed. "And thus it was I arrived here." She smiled broadly. "As a rule, however, I protect myself better than that." She laughed at herself, suddenly a little weary of the inn and ready for the road again. But she was not yet weary of company.
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 04-03-2003, 04:02 PM   #238
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Eye

"You and I are alike, as you say." Elhor told Silmarien. "I know what it is to keep secrets, and only wish to mind my own business. You are gracious to offer your company to me.

If you will tell me all, I will listen. It has been long since I could relax and talk with a friend, and I know you are a friend.
I want to hear your tale only if you can tell it to me fully, and without embellishment."

[ April 07, 2003: Message edited by: Kates Frodo Temp ]

Sign my lighter, Meela?
Old 04-03-2003, 04:04 PM   #239
Celandine03

Sting

The doors suddenly swung open and in came a hobbit, hardly a child to the eyes of the men. She was 20, however, and was on a journey to Rivendell to see Mr. Bilbo. He had been almost like a father to her as a child, and she loved him so.

She was no more than a day into her journey when a storm had diverted her. There were several towns along the way, but she knew no one there, and since Bywater was somewhat close to her home and had an inn, she chose to turn back and stay here.

She felt lonely and afraid. She was pretty shy and was surrounded by hobbits she didn't know. She sat down in a corner near the fireplace alone and observed the patrons.

[ April 25, 2003: Message edited by: Celandine03 ]

Old 04-03-2003, 11:28 PM   #240
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

PoWa has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

A strange feeling got Ferri, that everyone abandoned him. He looked around. He sawa tall elf sit a few metres away. He looked back in the fire. Should he go to that elf and talk? No, he had never spoke to a elf before. But he really wanted to do that.

He suddenly raised and walked over to the elf. He sat down beside and the elf looked surprised at him. Ferri intriduced himself; "Greetings, master elf, I am Ferdinand Cotton. And who might you be?"

[ April 08, 2003: Message edited by: PoWa ]