User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-14-2006, 06:25 PM   #441
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
I was going to post, but I'll wait until Farael's filled his save so I fully understand where we're going with the rest of this stuff. I think I understand, but I'm not entirely certain—I'll try to get a post in either later today or tommorow before I have to go to Awana... I'm tired of holding things up and it looks like we're finally getting close to meeting up with the Wulfhamer's, eh?

Eostre has no great desire to go into the town, but will gladly be a scout (I think the pressure of being near a dead village is getting to her)
Old 03-14-2006, 11:07 PM   #442
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Ok, I wasn't very inspired tonight but I wanted to get that one post out of the way. Anyway, Osmod will go through the town quickly and out the other side, then scouting ahead. I think we should let luck (and the fact that's quite expectable to follow the river not to loose their bearings) bring us to the Wulfham group. How are we going to do the meeting? should we appear at your camp by chance? be found by one of you? what do you have in mind, Arry?
Old 03-14-2006, 11:54 PM   #443
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
If Arry doesn't mind, I can do a post with Incana hunting and see Osmod and Sythric(?) off in the distance and rush back to tell the others. It would make my post a little more exciting than what I have already.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:45 AM   #444
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Sounds fine to me, Incana.

-- Arry
Old 03-15-2006, 07:11 AM   #445
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Incana and Arry,

I have another idea about this. Don't know if this is a good one or not so please see what you think.

This assumes that Osmod and Sythric are off in the distance so that Incana gets only a glimpse of the men but doesn't see them clearly. After Incana runs back and tells our group about the two strangers, Dorran could be concerned and warn the others that the people in question could possibly be "men of the east or south" , possibly those who sometimes go along behind the Orcs, "enslave" any that they find alive, and drag them back to the plantations of the Dark Lord . Dorran knows this from experience and we already have the evidence of the shield with the "eye". If we use this plot twist, it could possibly make for some tense moments as our own group approaches the others in secret, not knowing if they are friend or foe.

Tee Hee..... We could even try to ambush one stranger in the cover of the bushes and then realize we've made a big mistake. Nothing like getting relations off on a good footing.....

Would this work, or wouldn't it fit in with the ideas/plans that other posters or Arry already have for the Brego group? Or would it "delay" our return to the road too much? If we did this, we'd probably need to make our posts short and sweet. If you think it will work, I'll do a post right after Naria's.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.

Last edited by Tevildo; 03-15-2006 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:27 AM   #446
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I like your idea Telvido! I think perhaps the two women left at camp (Incana, Vaenosa) could see the men approaching. Incana could call for help from the men, but they might not hear. Vaenosa is a little "bitchy" today so her reaction to more strangers may be a bit extreme. We could ambush them and question them. Naria should see them first though since she said it first! I think it would be great if we tied them up and poked them with sticks....(Tee Hee)
Old 03-15-2006, 10:32 AM   #447
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I've got internet here at home!!

So, that means I'll have brief access on the days that I'm not at work. Enough time to get on, read the game and what's happening here on the discussion thread, and write a couple posts. Very nice for me, I can tell you.

-----

Arry, I'll write a post soon.

Nogrod. . .you asked a question yesterday about the fire, and I just had a thought a moment ago. I don't know if, in the morning, you'll see the fire itself, but it's a good chance you'll see some smoke, maybe. It's only a small campfire, and I don't know how obvious smoke will be on a clear day at a great distance. Just a thought, if you were still wondering.

EDIT: Save filled.

-- Folwren

Last edited by Folwren; 03-15-2006 at 10:59 AM.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:39 AM   #448
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Valier,

Glad you liked it.

I am thinking if we attempt to ambush the strangers, we should do it as a total group rather than splitting up by gender.....not that Incana or whoever wants to couldn't take the lead in the posting and assault. First, I do think you'd need to get the warning from Dorran that these could be lead men in a party of Easterling or Southern slavers. That would make the situation much more dire. And if they might be slavers, we'd realistically stick together for safety.

But let's wait to see what Arry says as the game founder, since he may have something else up his sleeve or some preferences of his own.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:43 AM   #449
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Sounds good Tevildo! Arry?
Old 03-15-2006, 12:33 PM   #450
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

That would be great!

You three work it out amongst yourselves and I'll follow along.

Old 03-15-2006, 03:17 PM   #451
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

SAVE filled.

Tevildo, Folwren

Shall we get back to camp now and start spitting our catch to roast and smoke near the flames? That way we can be in camp when Incana brings us news of what she's seen.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:54 PM   #452
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Wulfhamers and Bregos

It is Osmod and Fion, who are scouting (see the thread) - I suppose.

Sythric has picked the hens from the village (which you left there) and is a bit late. By the time Wulfies meet the Brego-scouts, he would be either with the main group, or by someone (who has been left to wait for him), approaching the main group.

So Bregos, is someone waiting for Sythric at the center of the village, or at the SW-corner of it (that was the other place to meet)? Or do I just write Sythric taking you up after passing the village?

EDIT: See Folwren's post #447 about the possibility of someone of us seeing smoke from their fire, as we are getting nearer to them...

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-15-2006 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:48 PM   #453
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arry
SAVE filled.

Tevildo, Folwren

Shall we get back to camp now and start spitting our catch to roast and smoke near the flames? That way we can be in camp when Incana brings us news of what she's seen.
Fine by me likely. Haven't read your filled save, but I'm sure that's alright.

-- Folwren
Old 03-15-2006, 06:04 PM   #454
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

I am putting up a save right after Folwren's. I'll assume she's gotten us back to camp and will start dinner. That way, we'll be there when the other women get back.

I'll be posting late tonight.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:05 PM   #455
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Er. . .well, no, I didn't quite get us back to camp. I actually had a question about the fish that I really want answered, and it's not just for Athwen's sake.

Save filled, by the way.

-- Folwren
Old 03-15-2006, 06:08 PM   #456
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Whoops, I have to run out for a half hour. When I get back, I'll fill in Leod's reply.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:32 PM   #457
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

About the fish . . .

We are only a little distance from the river and it is late autumn, so the days are colder. They won't spoil between the river and the campsite.

It is fine to take back the whole fish to the campsite. We can clean and gut them there, and preferably bone them. They'll be opened up, butterfly style, with a sharpened stick woven the length of each side and stuck in the ground very near the fire so that they get the heat and the smoke.

-- Arry, fly fisherman . . .
Old 03-15-2006, 07:04 PM   #458
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thank you, kind angler. Tevildo personally prefers his fish raw and whole, but will cede to majority opinion in this matter.

Last edited by Tevildo; 03-15-2006 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:55 PM   #459
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
I've posted... I'm away for the entirety of tommorow, so I won't be posting. Music thing that I have to play for. Wish me luck!
Old 03-15-2006, 11:20 PM   #460
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The countdown

Sorry guys, I feel I'm holding you all back, but it's my b-day in 40 minutes and I'm not really in the right mindset to make a good post.... sorry!!!!

Maeggaladiel, if you want to move us on, feel free to do so.... but right now I can't concentrate =D
Old 03-16-2006, 12:07 AM   #461
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Happy Birthday Farael!!

I am soooo sorry everyone. It seems that every morning when I wake up, I'm sicker. I will get my post up tomorrow for sure, even if I'm bleeding from the eyes

Btw Farael, who is riding with you?
Old 03-16-2006, 12:49 AM   #462
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Happy birthday Farael! How old are you now forty? ...Jokes! Hope it will be a good one! Perhaps our groups will meet on your special day!
Old 03-16-2006, 02:17 AM   #463
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

I've filled in my save and gotten us back from the river.

I've decided to use this post to set the mood in camp before Incana arrives with the news that there are some unknown men prowling about. I figure, if we're already on edge, that will make our later blunder in "kidnapping the men" even more understandable.

By the way, I had to move the whole group back. If anyone has any problems with how I've characterized us, let me know and I'll try and edit.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:15 AM   #464
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'm fine with it. Only now I'm debating whether or not Athwen knows that your character is usually someone short tempered and she shrugs off his rather abrupt snappishness, or if she didn't know him well enough and is either hurt of entirely confused. I hate writing about hurt little females and I certainly don't want her pouting, so we'll see. . .

I am sorry you are sick, Naria. That's really too bad. Hope you start getting better soon!

-- Folwren
Old 03-16-2006, 10:04 AM   #465
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Interesting point, Folwren. The fact that Leod was the only healer in the village suggests that others might have been aware of his reputation as a curmudgeon as well as the fact that he would stop at nothing to help one of his patients.

Naria - I hope you're feeling better soon.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:11 AM   #466
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

So Naria are we striving to meet with the other group today? Will you be posting a post concerning the others or what is going on? I say we find the group surround them, poke them with sticks *giggle* question and interogate them till they cry....no just kidding but it would be great if we met TODAY R.L.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:18 AM   #467
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Good luck, Eowyn! Break a leg, as we superstitious theatrical types say.

Happy Birthday, Farael! Hope it's a good one.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:38 PM   #468
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Happy birthday Farael! (or did it pass by already?)

Hope you'll be better soon, Naria!

Bregos!
I'm still quite busy RL for some time to come. But I can write short posts every once in a while. So if you, who are riding to meet me just kind of see me somewhere and take me with you. I would probably have to "boast" about the chicken (as Sythric is in a somewhat good mood). Just make the post - and continue forwards. I can come up with the words S says as he greets you after you've done your post... (sending them to you PM or here, so that the poster adds them to the post) Or just try something, I'll ask for changes, if I feel, that totally wrong guy is speaking.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:45 PM   #469
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I just put up a post where Athwen leaves the others again. She'll forget her tears when she hears the alarm raised in the camp and come rushing back, so you don't have to worry about her whenever Incana comes back with the news about stranger sbeing sighted. Or, if there is no shout, then someone could come get her. Whatever is convenient for what happens.

Leod knows where she's gone, if anyone wants to ask questions about her absence - but then, of course, the others there probably observed her going to the horses as well.

EDIT: By the by, Tevildo - I've decided to say nothing of Athwen's response to Leod's snappishness. We'll say it's pretty common and she knows he's, as you've so well put it, a crumudgeon (and for some reason, I think I've butchered the word). But, you might want to remember, that considering she's a girl, regardless or not if it's usual, if you catch her at the wrong time and in the wrong mood, she might. . .well, she won't lash right back because she's got manners, but she'll respond somehow, probably negatively, as girls will.

Goodnight all!

-- Folwren

Last edited by Folwren; 03-16-2006 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:37 AM   #470
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wulfham, *phew* that took this side of forever!!

I have finally finished and have posted. Let me know if there are any discrepancies. Enjoy....
Old 03-17-2006, 10:36 AM   #471
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Great post Naria! Arry should I put up a post or should I wait for Dorran to say something about the men? I'm just concerned about the deer should I cover it and leave it, so we can retrieve it later or should I quickly drag it back and wait with the others for a plan?
Old 03-17-2006, 10:55 AM   #472
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valier

Why don't you leave the deer - cover it hurriedly (maybe the two Bregos you saw in the distance will notice it as they get nearer and wonder who is hunting). It will make them a little wary, I should think.

Then come back and join the group.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tevildo

You might want to get your little post up about who you're afraid the men might be

Then, let's get our little ambush going
Old 03-17-2006, 11:05 AM   #473
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Sounds good Arry I shall post a small catch up post shortly!
Old 03-17-2006, 12:46 PM   #474
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Thumbs up

Double posting, but I have posted. We are all at the camp now and have been told of the others. Any plans?
Old 03-17-2006, 07:19 PM   #475
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

OK, I've put up a post where Dorran voices his suspicions.

Please do carry on. Some family business has come up, and I may not be able to post for a few days. Arry, could you carry my character along until I return?
Old 03-17-2006, 08:14 PM   #476
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up

Tevildo

Will do, my feline friend!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bregos

Who wants to volunteer to get ambushed by us fierce Wulfhamers?

To do so - you'll need to write something of how your character separates himself/herself from the others for some reason . . .
Old 03-17-2006, 08:26 PM   #477
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arry
Bregos

Who wants to volunteer to get ambushed by us fierce Wulfhamers?

To do so - you'll need to write something of how your character separates himself/herself from the others for some reason . . .
It should be either Farael or Maeggaladiel. Their characters are the ones in front... we others are somewhat behind (not even met each others in the thread), but should be quite near behind you, gamewise at most 10 minutes, or so?
Old 03-17-2006, 08:31 PM   #478
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
If Farael or Maeggaladiel can't post by tomorrow, then I can move Rædwald into position.
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 03-17-2006, 08:40 PM   #479
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm here... having dinner soon but I'll get a post up after that. Sorry for the delays guy, but the last few days have been a little crazy... but the good kind of crazy
Old 03-17-2006, 10:16 PM   #480
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry, it was a bit of a hurried post, but I didn't want to hold us back any longer. Let me know if I made any big mistakes and I'll edit them out.

Anyway, Maeggaladiel.... I'm leaving it up to you to decide whether Fion thinks that Osmod is saying that he also was scared because of the village.... or that he's saying he's also scared because deep inside he wants to join the Riders and feels he doesn't meassure up to the task.

Both things are true, but I'm not sure Osmod will admit to both =D React as you may, and feel free to slow us down a bit (We don't want to get to their camp before they had a chance to make their plans)