The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-04-2008, 01:06 PM   #1441
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formy
I remember being vaguely shocked that Brinn was so nonchalant with her gun, though the fact that she owned one was one that my brain seemed to think was perfectly normal.
Of course it's perfectly normal, I always carry a gun with me...just in case.

I had a BD dream last night. It took place in some mutated form of Boston and Boise. Rune had come to visit. We were hanging out, walking down the streets of the city, and having all sorts of fun. I remember in one random part, I kept dropping my Emerson sweatshirt in the middle of the sidewalk and he kept telling me to pick it up. Anyways, later on we sat down on these bleachers to watch an outdoor show. I got up to leave for a moment and when I came back, Greenie was suddenly sitting on the other side of Rune. I didn't question it, and simply sat back down. While watching the show, I felt someone brush up against my left side. At first I thought it was Rune, but I turned to discover that Lommy was suddenly sitting in between us. Again I didn't question it and continued to watch the show. Later in the dream very excited about their surprise visit (so excited that I called my mom to inform her), I took Greenie and Lommy to where I lived, which was a combination of my family home and my room in Boston. They commented on my stuff with words like, "Ooh fairies" and "You certainly have a lot of stuff from Finland" (apparently I did in the dream). When I asked why they had made the surprise trip to the US, Lommy answered with something to the liking of, "Well, I was in London and the US was so close, so I thought I might as well buy a ticket."

There was more to this dream, some BD related though mostly not, but it got so odd (as most of my dreams do) that I can't even begin to explain...
Old 10-07-2008, 05:45 AM   #1442
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I've been having pretty much BD dreams lately, and last night I had one again.

Rikae and Macalaure had moved to the house next door to mine. Greenie, Lommy, I and some other people were on a walk, and Greenie and me happened to catch a glimpse of Rikae doing the dishes inside. So we decided to visit them.

I don't remember very much about the visit itself, but it included several weird parts. Mac was at work (he was a waiter in some restaurant) so we talked to Rikae. When we asked her why they had decided to move to Finland, she told us her mother had kicked them out because Mac had committed some crime.
Then Mac came home, and we all decided to go for dinner to some restaurant. "European countries are competing terribly nowadays about who have their national dishes served the most in other countries," explained Mac. "Plane companies try to make compromises, and every time you have breakfast on a plane, they give you a sandwich with a creamy bun on it instead of butter."
Old 10-12-2008, 04:49 AM   #1443
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dűm

Laurinquë has been trapped in the Barrow!
So for the first time in ages I actually remembered a dream I had! And it was slightly Barrow-Downs related too!

It started out in my bedroom, I was looking out my window, gazing at the snow that had suddenly appeared there and worrying about Danish Werewolves getting in and eating me (Don't ask), when suddenly I was stepping outside, and I starting to swim though the snow like it was water.

So there I was, swimming up my street, doing the backstroke in fact, when I looked to the side of the road and saw this huge yellow, diamond-shaped sign that said The Barrow-Downs. Well I thought I was going rather mad, seeing Barrow-Downs signs, and so I decided to swim back home, wherein I found my mother on my computer and reading this Barrow-Downs thread called "The Dark and Silent Ring". Then sadly, I woke up.

So yeah, it was madness. And not very Barrow-Downs related madness.
Laurinquë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:58 AM   #1444
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Imgaine how worried I am. . .living in Denmark and all.

I would like to state the swimming is a very silly form of transportation, unless of course practised in water.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:11 PM   #1445
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
You know, swimming in snow wouldn't be very easy. What have you been smoking?
Old 10-13-2008, 04:17 PM   #1446
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
You know, swimming in snow wouldn't be very easy.
Unless you're Legolas.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:56 PM   #1447
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Unless you're Legolas.
No, I think it would be har for him as well. . . he would just float on top of the snow if he tried swiming.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:15 AM   #1448
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I had a dream I and some other Downers (don't remember who) were visiting Form. We were sitting on a scarlet sofa and he was fussing around dressed in a priest's robe, checking we were alright and had everything we needed and so on.
While Form was fetching us some food from the kitchen, Greenie and phantom decided to climb the table. They were lying there and tickling each other until Greenie started complaining: "Eww phantom, did you just fart?"
That's all I remember.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:05 AM   #1449
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm still numpty even now because I got woke up from a really cool dream this morning:

There was this Mediteranean style villa and there was a big fight going on betwen David Tennant and some hoodies. Then I tried to get into the lift and everything disappeared and it was like a big steelworks (like Magna in Rotherham, which is enormous and very sci-fi and post-apocalyptic in fact) and Hookbill was getting all excited about how he had invited David Tennant to join the 'Downs Big Event'. Then there was this crash and davem was all excited and David Tennant fell through the ceiling slaying this giant spider and he was saying he wasn't an actor, he really is Doctor Who and he really exists. Then I woke up. DRAT!!!

This what happens when you read Batman comics in bed at night.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:01 PM   #1450
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Last time I checked, David Tennant was an actor, and Hookbill didn't like his Doctor, but what do I know?
Old 10-17-2008, 07:23 PM   #1451
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye dream analysis...

You had Form dressed in his robes, Ganzy? Hmmm... perhaps you are feeling the need to confess about something?

And that's typical of Greenie, really- blaming others for her misdeeds. The event in the dream was merely a reflection of this.

But I can't figure why the table was the surface of choice with a perfectly good sofa available. And why was the sofa red? Stained with blood, perhaps? And since only you remained upon it, you feel like you are solely responsible for something terrible. This would chime with your urge to confess to a priest.

Hmm... perhaps that is why we moved to the tabletop. You felt we were placing ourselves above you and your shame. But the tickling... I suppose it is closely tied with enjoyment, smiling, laughing, and generally being carefree, a stark contrast to you sitting alone on the bloody sofa.

I'm sure all of this has something to do with Werewolf.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:54 PM   #1452
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
According to my dreams, Gwathagor is betrothed to an NPC of mine - a young Gondorian woman. Also, he appeared in another dream: Greenie and I were going to movies when we saw an advertisement. It had a big bear sitting on a snowy mountain and wearing a red t-shirt. It might have even had a bottle of coke. Greenie and I started laughing at it, because it reminded us of Gwath. (Now, I wonder... what to make out of this?? )
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:42 PM   #1453
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Wow. Wow. A bear, huh? That is really weird.

But I'd like to hear more about this Gondorian girl.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:43 PM   #1454
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
According to my dreams, Gwathagor is betrothed to an NPC of mine - a young Gondorian woman.
I could picture that happening. Gwathagor reminds me of a Gondorian: tall, dark haired, devoted and intelligent. As for the Coke Bear, I don't know how you got that.

EDIT: By Durin's beard, I just made my 1000th post!
Old 10-26-2008, 02:27 PM   #1455
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
You felt we were placing ourselves above you and your shame.
Or maybe you two just decided to help Form and offered to be eaten so he wouldn't need to cook - maybe you even enjoyed it? That would also explain the bloodred sofa.

A few nights ago I had a dream Groin came to Finland and I played him some Finnish communist songs, saying they were just old Finnish music, and asked his opinions on them. I don't think I got any clear response, though. A pity.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:39 PM   #1456
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

White-Hand I Had A Dream!!!!

A couple days ago this happened...

I was just standing somewhere and Lommy came up to me. She said "Have you read the Downer this week yet?" and at that time I hadn't read it, I replied "No I haven't, unfortunately." She also said something about the Phantom and Alien....

I woke up shortly after.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:17 AM   #1457
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
I just had the first BD dream in a long while. In it, Gwathagor came to Finland. For starters he hung his own lamp on the ceiling and started roasting red peppers on it (and forgot them there). He also explained that if we want to pay a visit to him, we should walk through Europe and Africa, then through Antarctica and South America and finally to his home in Chicago, which was in Nevada and looked like an oversized native American village in the middle of a desert.
Before he left, he took off the red peppers that had burnt quite badly and were all black. He burnt his fingers because he took them with his bare hands, and only said "Ouch, these are hot!" or something like that. As souvenirs, we gave him a baby (in the dream it was some sort of an inside joke that the baby was his though it really wasn't; I have no idea where we got the baby from) and a big transparent plastic box filled with water and a few cucumbers. In return, he gave us pillows (!!) on which were printed photos of 'Downers he had met before us. (I don't remember who they were, though... a pity.)

"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:22 AM   #1458
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Whaaaaaaaat the heck.

I like that my town looks like a Native American village, though.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:16 AM   #1459
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Thumbs up

That's one weird dream you had, Lily!
Old 10-30-2008, 05:14 AM   #1460
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I did have a dream, but I can't remember too much of it.

Basically, one of my friends (but I think it was a Downer) bought a copy of the new LOTR movie (not Jackson's, or any other real one) and told me that if you open it in a certain way, it acts as a "bridge"/portal/wormhole etc. to "somewhere else". To prove this he did it very quickly (so no-one else could see, even though we were alone in my room) and disappeared. Then I kept on trying to do it, but every time I did this some downer came into my room and asked me something, which distracted me. It was also secret, and there were people spying on me, so I couldn't let anyone see this. I also had a younger brother who happened to be a Downer (can't remember which either) who I did tell. Then, out of nowhere, I heard Aganzir telling off Kitanna from trying to steal the DVD from me.

Then I woke up at 4am, for some reason with the urge to vote Kitanna in WW the next Day. I fell back asleep but when I did wake up, I realised that Kitanna had actually voted in me WW at 4am my time. Strange.

I must have been reading too much of this thread.

Last edited by Eönwë; 10-30-2008 at 05:19 AM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:35 AM   #1461
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

That must have been disappointing... It's annoying when someone keeps interrupting you when you're just about to do something cool you're only able to do in dreams.

But especially the voting part was strange.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:15 AM   #1462
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Lady Lommy of the Wacky Subconscious strikes again...

Two dreams for you, fellow citizens of the Mounds...

A wedding and a ghastly painter boy

Greenie and I were spending time in Noggie's place when he announced that he has booked us flights for the following day and we are going to US to attend Mac&Rikae's wedding. When we arrived, the two were happy to put us up but said that sadly we couldn't come to their wedding as the church was full and they couldn't make any last-minute arrangements. They were happy to see us anyway. We suggested that maybe after their ceremony and party they would like to see us and some US 'downers who could make it there for an hour or two in a café or something. They said it was a good idea and called at least Brinn.

So, their big day came and they went away. We were left alone in their house and went for a walk. We were coming back to Rikae&Mac's house in he evening and complaining it's a pity all the portrait-makers close their businesses at 8pm, because we would have wanted to get portraits of ourselves, but it was already something like 5 to 8. At 8 exactly, we saw a young boy sitting on the street and painting. We asked him if he could paint portraits of us even though it was already 8pm. He nodded and said: "Sure, no problem." At that moment, I realised he was Fea. While he was painting us, we asked him about his life and doings and he told all kinds of stuff. At some phase, he said: "You know, I was supposed to be Rikae and Mac's babysitter today, but I happened to lose the baby." His tone was careless, as if he was talking about losing a pen they had borrowed him, or something.

My subconscious, too, pairs up people

Aganzir had something related to dating in her sig. Eönwë nominated it on the signature thread. He quoted the sig and wrote: "It was beautiful while it lasted. TGEW and I had a lot of fun for four months but now it's over. IOh well."

I refrain from commenting.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:35 PM   #1463
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Last night I had a very peculiar dream.
I was looking after a giant snake. For some reason related to its care, I had to post the same post, five times, on Brinniel's LJ blog.
And I thought to myself, god, I hope she knows it's because of the snake, because otherwise she's going to think I'm unbelievably boring.
I have no idea what the post actually said, or whether Brinniel even has an LJ blog.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:23 PM   #1464
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

White-Hand

I always have weird dreams if I take a nap...

This time I dreamt I was having a food fight with Gwathagor and we kept running around a house and throwing food at each other. Sadly, I cannot remember any details except that I poured balsamic vinegar on Gwath.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:40 PM   #1465
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
I always have weird dreams if I take a nap...

This time I dreamt I was having a food fight with Gwathagor and we kept running around a house and throwing food at each other. Sadly, I cannot remember any details except that I poured balsamic vinegar on Gwath.

This is my third B-Downs dream appearance in under two weeks.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:17 PM   #1466
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
My subconscious, too, pairs up people

Aganzir had something related to dating in her sig. Eönwë nominated it on the signature thread. He quoted the sig and wrote: "It was beautiful while it lasted. TGEW and I had a lot of fun for four months but now it's over. IOh well."
Hmm... So people imagine me writing stuff like that?

I refer you to Legate's post, which isn't really the same, but you can see the similarity.

Twice in a row, eh?
Old 11-08-2008, 10:21 AM   #1467
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Me again...

Okay, this is a dream I had a while ago.

Legate, Brinn, Nogrod, Greenie, Aganzir, Volo and I were sitting on balcony and playing cards, or something. From the balcony there could be seen a sort of valley filled with sand and little hills. Volo called the valley Barrow-Downs. There was salted liquorice all over the valley. "I'm going to collect that candy," Legate announced. Everybody, especially Greenie and Agan started protesting loudly, saying: "If he goes to pick it all up, he will eat it all and we won't get any." I just laughed and said: "I don't mind it if he goes. He will bring them to me anyway."

Then the salted liquorice issue was solved in one way or other, and the dream moved on. We were still sitting there when someone burped. We started looking at each other accusingly and debating in a ww-like manner who it had been. I said: "I'm sure it wasn't Brinn because she's so small and cute that she couldn't surely make a noise like that. Or no, she could. But only after three hours of sitting on the sofa, watching a movie and eating lots of popcorn and potato chips." Brinn accepted this as an argument for her innocence and laughed, and the others agreed with me. Somehow, it ended up being a question of whether the burper had been me, Nogrod or Legate, and the issue couldn't be solved. (I knew it hadn't been me, though. )

Then the dream moved to its third part, which was only vaguely related to the beginning. More or less the same people were moving to an apartment together. It was in Paris (that looked suspiciously like Helsinki ) and the others were going there beforehand and I was coming later. I managed to get lost. Then, I accidentally bumped into Agan and THE Ka, but they weren't too happy to see me. "You know, it's not random that we're walking just by the two of us and the others are elsewhere. We wanted to have some private time to talk," Agan told me while Ka smiled apologetically. I rolled my eyes at her and commented: "Sorry to have ruined your secret romantic walk then." I did not part company with them and all the three of us walked together to our new apartment where the others were waiting for us.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:47 AM   #1468
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
There was salted liquorice all over the valley. "I'm going to collect that candy," Legate announced.
Oh god I think I remember that stuff. My grandpa made me eat it... Then I'd hide it under my tongue and my grandma would let me spit it out later. I only have bad memories of it because my grandpa let it sit around for waaaaay too long, then somehow thought it was just the right time to eat it. I dunno if I can repair my image of salted liquorice ever again.

Quote:
"You know, it's not random that we're walking just by the two of us and the others are elsewhere. We wanted to have some private time to talk," Agan told me while Ka smiled apologetically. I rolled my eyes at her and commented: "Sorry to have ruined your secret romantic walk then." I did not part company with them and all the three of us walked together to our new apartment where the others were waiting for us.
How many people were you planning on fitting into that apartment?

Y'know, that's not too far off really. She's been slowly convincing me to move to Finland, and I think it's working a bit. Before I was in a limbo deciding whether I liked Norway, Sweden or Argentina more, but hmmm. She's a convincing travel agent, but I'd only do it to hang out with you bunch all the time, plus I'm rather tired and bored with the US.

Though, I'd never live in Paris. I only want to die there.

You're dream was amazing my dear, simply ab fab.

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:18 PM   #1469
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I don't know what kind of salted liquorice your grandpa has fed you, but it's lovely, really. At least in Finland.
I made Kath, tgwbs and Mith try it when I met them in London (we found a shop which sold all kinds of foreign candy, Finnish salted liquorice included) and at least Kath and tgwbs didn't find it that bad (or then they were just polite ).
I can buy you some when you come to Finland, or bring with me if I meet you somewhere outside Finland. You don't have to eat it if you don't want to, though.

I thought this dream was too small to post as this is about the only part I remember of it, but since I'm posting here now anyway, I can write it, too.
Last night I had a dream Rune went through a cosmetic surgery because he wanted to look like Paris Hilton. He then posted a photo of himself on the Downs and everybody agreed that the result was very Paris Hilton-like.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:34 AM   #1470
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I had a dream last night that I had an overflow of requests on my Facebook, mostly from Lommy, Greenie and Brinn. The ones from Lommy & Greenie were all either in incomprehensible Finnish characters or about a very obscure Finnish item, while I think one of them may have hacked Brinn's account because hers were the same.

Apparently, a tiny ankh-shaped twig with which you catapult tiny stones is called a "death stick", while Finns regularly take trees and split them down the middle like an onion blossom for their children to have birthday parties on.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #1471
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Last night I had a dream Rune went through a cosmetic surgery because he wanted to look like Paris Hilton. He then posted a photo of himself on the Downs and everybody agreed that the result was very Paris Hilton-like.
I'm guessing you ran out of smilies by this tome in your post.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:23 AM   #1472
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
I'm guessing you ran out of smilies by this tome in your post.
The dream didn't amuse me so much that I would have needed smilies.
Mainly because imagining Rune as a girl is such an everyday thing for me.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:26 AM   #1473
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I don't know what kind of salted liquorice your grandpa has fed you, but it's lovely, really. At least in Finland.
I made Kath, tgwbs and Mith try it when I met them in London (we found a shop which sold all kinds of foreign candy, Finnish salted liquorice included) and at least Kath and tgwbs didn't find it that bad (or then they were just polite ).
though.

It wasn't unpleasant at all but tasted slightly medicinal (though I am not sure I can judge accurately since I had a bad ENT infection at the time and nothing tasted quite right). I think it is just a strange idea to have salty sweets.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:12 AM   #1474
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I dreamt last night that Gwathagor kept following me around. He was wearing a black fedora and was in hunters attire (he looked very much like Theodore Roosevelt). When I confronted him he jumped into some bushes and started whispering, "You can't see me, you can't see me." I finally got tired of him following me around and confronted him a second time, but this time he started waving his new found gun and doing his best impersination of Mr. Heston's famous words: "From my cold dead hands."

There are many other wierd things that happened in the dream but only one other part conscerns the Downers. In the dream I went to a Country Music concert, but it soon turned into a cage fight between Chuck Norris versus Rune and Legate. Rune kept got beaten to a pulp after shouting, "For the mother land!" and Legate kept on whimpering and trying to get out of the ring. After the fight we all watched Chuck Norris bench-press a C-5 Galaxy.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:43 AM   #1475
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
I dreamt last night that Gwathagor kept following me around. He was wearing a black fedora and was in hunters attire (he looked very much like Theodore Roosevelt). When I confronted him he jumped into some bushes and started whispering, "You can't see me, you can't see me." I finally got tired of him following me around and confronted him a second time, but this time he started waving his new found gun and doing his best impersination of Mr. Heston's famous words: "From my cold dead hands."
I'm afraid I must not make a very good impression here on the Downs.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:08 AM   #1476
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
I'm afraid I must not make a very good impression here on the Downs.
Face it Gwathagor, you are doing too well a job here on the Downs!
Old 11-12-2008, 01:23 PM   #1477
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Old 11-16-2008, 11:56 AM   #1478
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I had a snippet of a dream last night.

I was reading the werewolf game, and for some reason had decided it was time to post, Night was over, so I typed up this really long post, sent it, looked back up, and had crossed with Fea who had written my death. Curiously, I wasn't Shasta, though, I was some other name that I don't remember, but I recognized it as me.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:06 PM   #1479
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I have a couple fo dreams I haven't reported. Mainly, something about me talking in MSN with Shasta and Volo stealing gull's eggs and then a downer dream involving cannibalism but I'm not sure I want to elaborate on that...
Old 11-20-2008, 06:12 PM   #1480
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

This wasn't so much a dream as an hallucination. I was just getting out of bed, I stayed up late that night so I was very groggy, and I thought I saw Gollum the Great grinning at me through my window! It's not a face that I'd like to wake up to again.