Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2006, 06:55 PM   #81
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
Sandrina is only a couple of months pregnant. The little boy I am talking about is like two or three.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:38 PM   #82
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
I think on the journey perhaps maybe Cordelia tells him. You know sorta a Mayonette not acting right and Thomas asking Cordelia whats wrong with her and Cordelia "spills the beans" so to speak... It would be sorta neat.... But i think it would be cool if Thomas found out eventually...

I've posted for Thomas.. Tis a sweet post.. Almost broke my heart a couple of times when I was writing it.

Crystal let me know what you think about it.. Please don't laugh at Thomas....

Last edited by Witch_Queen; 05-18-2006 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:54 AM   #83
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Adu:

That was so beautiful! You actually made me cry. It was such a touching post.

I decided that Mayonette would tell Thomas in a giddy kind of way. She had been so worried to tell him that the condition was that he needed to marry her that he would without loving her and that wasn't what she wanted. Now that she knows she is giddy about it. Tell me if you like it that way. If not I will change it.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:43 AM   #84
Cordelia Harrison
Wight

Cordelia Harrison has just left Hobbiton.
AWWWWWW! That was an awesome post Crystal and Adu. I loved it.

*squeals*

Okay so I'm posting now.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:35 PM   #85
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
And I have returned...for now. However, I will be gone next Wednsday and Thursday as I am on a Field Trip with my school and have no access to a compute. Sorry everyone! I'll post later as I have nothing to really go off of at this moment.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:44 PM   #86
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
sorry computer ate my post will try again

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 05-19-2006, 01:56 PM   #87
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Glirdan - that's okay. Perfectly understandable. Just try to post as much as you can.

Seeing as the entire game is kind of just hanging out right now. . .i don't see it as a problem.

Mith - that's okay. Computers are so much fun aren't they? Don't worry about it.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:06 PM   #88
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
well that should perhaps give something for someone to pick up on ...not wanting to interrupt a romantic moment - that's Pio's job ..... if there is any justice in Middle Earth you will be assailed by trolls any moment or perhaps since this is Rohan, Wargs...

Old 05-19-2006, 02:07 PM   #89
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

lol. True. After Adu posts the romantic ness is gonna be over. We will be joining the group and moving on to Elfride's home for planning.

BE READY! That's all I have to say. lol
Old 05-19-2006, 02:12 PM   #90
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

That's fine ... feel free to get the group on the way but I would like to describe Elfride's home myself if that is OK ... I can kind of see it now. I'll be back tomorrow AM probably.

Old 05-19-2006, 02:14 PM   #91
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mith - sounds good. When we get to that part you shall write that part. It is your home. We would be honored to learn the way you see it.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:03 AM   #92
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Ok Crystal my post is up.. I hope you love it.. If not I can change it.. But once Thomas gets his answer we can go ahead and join the others.. Can't wait to see what you think...
Old 05-20-2006, 12:13 AM   #93
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE! OH MY GOSH! I LOVE IT! LOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!

*dies from all the excitement*

I have posted her reply. YAY!!
Old 05-20-2006, 12:24 AM   #94
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yeah!!!!! I like it.. Its all great now.. I'll post later for Thomas.. We can rejoin the group anytime now.. I'm just so giddy now....
Old 05-20-2006, 12:27 AM   #95
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hehehehe! I'm giddy too. It's all just so excited.

NOW WHERE ARE THE REST OF THE MEMBERS?!

*hands cookies and trophies to Mith, Cordelia, and Witch_Queen*

ATTENTION EVERYONE: Mith, Cordelia, and Adu all get trophies for STICKING WITH THE RPG DURING THE SMALL LITTLE INTERLUDE.

Extra kudos go to Mith and Cordelia for doing as I asked. Thank you both.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:52 AM   #96
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Trophies... I Love Trophies.........
Old 05-20-2006, 10:49 AM   #97
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Awww!! I don't get a trophy. Oh well, maybe next time. Am I the odd one out when it comes to time zones?
Old 05-20-2006, 12:29 PM   #98
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

If you see an 'edited by piosenniel' on your post it's me removing your signature.

~*~ Pio
Old 05-20-2006, 10:04 PM   #99
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
Quote:
NOW WHERE ARE THE REST OF THE MEMBERS?!

Wow, so much has happened since I was away! Sorry about the lack of posts, I just haven't had time. You all seem such good friends now, and I've only read the Discussion Thread!
Be back in about ten minutes, five to read the RPG Thread, five more to re-read it because I realise I was half-concentrating on the footy (the Aussie equivalent of Gaelic Football).
Be back soon...
<EDIT>
Right, I have only read up to post 33, impatient personage that I am, and Crystal could you please edit your post (number 20) and make me have some lame excuse for leaving for a while, that would make more sense, seeing as I'm out of the story for a long while. You can just make something up, have fun toying with my guy! Oh, and please tell him where to meet you the next night.
Okay, now to read the rest of the posts.

Last edited by The Sixth Wizard; 05-21-2006 at 01:36 AM.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:44 PM   #100
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

I have posted for Thomas.. I hope you like..

Sixth Wizard:

If you want I can edit one of my posts and have you coming to the group and then leaving for a time.. That is if you want me too.. it won't be much trouble.. I can think of something...
Old 05-21-2006, 01:44 AM   #101
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

Quote:
If you want I can edit one of my posts and have you coming to the group and then leaving for a time.. That is if you want me too.. it won't be much trouble.. I can think of something...
Oh ok, whoever gets there first.

Way to get the girl by the way, you two should get a room!

Last edited by The Sixth Wizard; 06-12-2006 at 03:13 AM.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:08 AM   #102
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sixth Wizard: I edited post 25 and added you in.... You can come back with an excuse for why you had to leave now... All I put was that a messenger came in and you told THomas that you had some issues back at the homestead to tend to.. You can come up with something to go along with that or if you wish I can change it.. What ever you want I'll do......

Thanks.. Had to do it.. Plus sorta weird cause in R.L. I'm a chic and it just feels weird cause this is the first real male character I've had.. Couldn't help it..

Just let me know...
Old 05-21-2006, 08:07 PM   #103
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thumbs up

Thanks, I've posted to the RPG now. And his name is actually spelt Garnae, by the by.

Last edited by The Sixth Wizard; 05-22-2006 at 12:30 AM.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:49 AM   #104
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Whoa. Okay. I wasn't really expecting to come back and find that kind of post Sixth Wizard. You jumped the entire game forward about like three hours without any kind of transition posts.

I shall remedy the problem. So my save fill in will be rather long, but Sixth Wizard please do not do that kind of thing again unless asked by myself or Pio to move the thread along. You can not automatically assume what is going on before there has been discussion in the discussion thread about it first.

I am not mad with you, Sixth Wizard. I know you are new to the game and so I am just telling you so that way you don't walk away from this RPG thinking that you can do that and eventually getting another game owner very angry at your assumptions.

Overall, your posts are beautiful. Keep up the great work.

Crystal
Old 05-22-2006, 09:00 AM   #105
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sixth Wizard - I have read your post again. It just. . . doesn't seem to fit. I tried hard. It is a good post. I was wondering though if you wouldn't mind copying, pasting, and saving the post for a little later.

What I am hoping to do is use some of the post later. I want to to rework the post, offering your home. Then allowing some of the other players to describe their way to your home. THEN we would pull out your beautiful post. You could describe even better the destruction of your home.

Does this make sense?
Old 05-22-2006, 11:41 AM   #106
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sixth Wizard

Darn, now Garnae can only pick from Cordelia or Elfride, and the second's basically taken, curses...

She is? By whom? News to me ..unless you mean she is still in mourning for her husband.... LOL I made her a grieving widow since I thought I ought to try a RPG where my char didn't end up married ..... not that the previous ones didn't aquire absolutely delightful husbands *sigh* I guess she might be tempted

Crystal ..didn't 6th Wizard excuse himself for a while in post 99 on this thread ..I don't think he has actually taken the group with him?

Last edited by Mithalwen; 05-22-2006 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:56 AM   #107
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

About The Sixth Wizard's character:

From post 99 here on the Discussion Thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sixth Wizard
Right, I have only read up to post 33, impatient personage that I am, and Crystal could you please edit your post (number 20) and make me have some lame excuse for leaving for a while, that would make more sense, seeing as I'm out of the story for a long while. You can just make something up, have fun toying with my guy! Oh, and please tell him where to meet you the next night.
Okay, now to read the rest of the posts.

Then in post 102, Witch_Queen says she has edited her post and had her character give Garnae the excuse to leave the main group for a while:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch_Queen
Sixth Wizard: I edited post 25 and added you in.... You can come back with an excuse for why you had to leave now... All I put was that a messenger came in and you told THomas that you had some issues back at the homestead to tend to.. You can come up with something to go along with that or if you wish I can change it.. What ever you want I'll do......

So – The Sixth Wizard’s character is away from the rest of the group – and will return when the writer is able . . . the rest of the group can continue on as planned.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:23 PM   #108
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Note:

I've put a little title up for The Sixth Wizard's post on the RPG, so that everyone sees his character has been called away to attend to some personal business at his homestead.

You can carry on around him and he can fit himself back in when he's able.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:25 PM   #109
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

A suggestion...

Now that that misunderstanding has been cleared up I suggest either Crystal modifies her post assuming that Elfride has made the offer of her home and it has either been accepted or rejected. This would seem slightly more plausible than waiting till they were out side ... however a second post could be made. I have put up a save to use if necessary.

Since the suggestion has been presented twice already in Elfride's thought and then in conversation with Cordelia it need not be repeated as such merely referred to, perhaps as a part of Cordelia's conversation with Mayonette?

Then we could get going. I have tomorrow afternoon off and will have time to make a lengthy post installing the party in Elfride's comfortable residence (unless another option is preferred. I suggest that anyone who wants to make a "journey post" at least puts up a save and then by this time tomorrow we can start the planning phase.

What do you think?

Old 05-22-2006, 12:25 PM   #110
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sixth Wizard - it sounded to me like you had taken the entire group with you. I am sorry about that. I just was so confused on what had happened! Now I understand and I am sorry for any inconvience that this may have caused you.

Since I have taken us to a couple of feet outside the Inn, I am going to ask if Cordelia would take on Sixth Wizard's character. Have him come up and talk to you please.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:28 PM   #111
Cordelia Harrison
Wight

6th Wizard: Well Cordelia wouldn't mind for a little romance if that is what you are asking. She is closer in age to you. As long as that is what you wanted.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:29 PM   #112
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mith: Yes. We will head towards your house.

Cordelia - carry Sixth Wizard with you.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:30 PM   #113
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Good idea.... I am not sure Elfride's ready for a toyboy...

Old 05-22-2006, 12:33 PM   #114
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Question

Crystal and Cordelia

In order for anyone to carry The Sixth Wizard's character along Garnae will have to be brought back to the group. He's miles away from the main group at present.

You must ask permission to from The Sixth Wizard before you carry his character along with the group. Have you done that?

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 05-22-2006 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:40 PM   #115
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

It might be simpler to assume that Garnae will return to the White Horse Inn and leave a message for him? The village is presumably not a vast distance from Edoras.

Old 05-22-2006, 12:41 PM   #116
Cordelia Harrison
Wight

I will contact him right now, Pio. He had asked early if someone could just carry the character. I will make sure if my post is all right with him.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:39 AM   #117
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gosh, sorry for all the fuss everybody!
Well, yes Garnae was on his own for that post. I was a bit worried that it was breaking the RPG rule which says that your character should generally stay with the group. Should I delete or edit it? The reason of the post was I thought Garnae didn't have much of a reason to go on the quest, what with being a Rider and having a lot of land. It was supposed to be a sort of 'meanwhile' as you were talking. Thank you Pio for sorting it all out.
Well, back to business, it seems I am not actually going away after all. It has been cancelled at the last minute. Incredible, is it not? There should now be time to play the RPG once again.
Sorry for the kerfuffle once again!
Will post tomorrow, hopefully no more controversy, possibly more romance.
Your slightly abashed friend,
The Sixth Wizard.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:58 AM   #118
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sixth Wizard:

You weren't breaking any RPG rules. We just had no idea what in the world you had done. Don't worry about it. It should be I that apologizes. I am so sorry for all the heart ache and distress I may have caused you. I just had no idea what was going on. That should teach me to try to post after having a very large family incident occur. . . . However, that is not your fault. That is purely mine and I deeply deeply apologize. I do hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me. I shan't do it again.

You're RPGing is beautiful. You have a natural writing talent. Keep up the great work. I look forward to your post.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:04 AM   #119
Cordelia Harrison
Wight

Hey everyone.

Crystal is my best friend in real life. She is the one that got me on this place. So I am going to tell you what is going on in her life at this moment.

Her aunt, the one that practically raised her, got into a car accident. She's fine. Don't worry. She's just going to need some surgery on her broken leg. She is rather distressed about it.

Now usually she is able to keep her emotions away from her RPing, but I think this just hit her too hard. She usually doesn't act like this. So please do look into your hearts and forgive her. She really is a very kind, happy, and hyper person most of the time.

I hope you will all overlook this one little thing and that we will come together as a family. For Crystal has always told me that the RPGs here really create this sense of family and friendship. She has been so excited to RP with new and old faces.

Thank you for listening,

Cordelia

Edited: lol. I accidently wrote Crystal as my name. I don't know why I did that. Must need some more caffeine or something to wake up. lol

Last edited by Cordelia Harrison; 05-23-2006 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:03 PM   #120
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Ok welcome chez Elfride...... you will find good stabling for your steeds, wine, ale and fine if plain fare. Asof tfeather beds for your weary limbs should your planning give time. The great hall has at least one big table, a roaring fire (what time of year is this? assuming not midsummer !!!! Spring autumn maybe? ) lots of chairs and if none of our soldiers has one ..I elfride will be ablke ot open a chest and produce a map. Enjoy.