Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2004, 01:02 PM   #321
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Green Dragon Inn Facts:

It is the 4th Age, year 12. By the Shire Calendar it is year 1433 S.R. (Shire Reckoning).

King Elessar is on the throne of the Reunited Kingdom of Arnor and Gondor.

Mirkwood has been reclaimed by the Elves and is now called Eryn Lasgalen.

Paladdin Took, Pippin’s father, is Thain of the Shire. (Thain is an honorary title for the military leader of the Shire. The title has been held in the Took Family since the position was first established in 3rd Age 1979 with Bucca of the Marish as First Thain.) Paladdin Took dies in year 13, and will be succeeded by his son, Peregrin, ‘Pippin’, Took.

Samwise Gamgee is Mayor of the Shire, having succeeded Will Whitfoot in 1427 S.R.

The Innkeeper, in the Green Dragon Inn of this forum, is:
Aman – a young woman from Rohan.

Before her, the Innkeeper was Piosenniel, and before her it was Dwarin, the Dwarf.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Other ongoing characters in the Inn:

Ruby Brown, Hobbit – not married – server and maid

Buttercup Brownlock, Hobbit – not married – kitchen assistant and maid

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Ongoing characters from outside the Inn:

Halfred Whitfoot – local Shiriff and Postmaster; his pony’s name is Dumpling.
  • Only the Innkeeper, Amanaduial, or the Moderators move the timeline for the Inn forward.
  • Visitors to the Inn will need to read the posts that come before theirs to get an idea of what time it is in the Shire, what the weather is like, and what is happening.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

IT IS NOW EVENING IN THE SHIRE. SUPPER IS BEING SERVED.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:04 PM   #322
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

I want to remind Inn patrons of one of the Shire rules from The Red Book of Westmarch:

Chatty-style posts which encourage other players to post in a chatty manner are discouraged.

Be descriptive, and try not to use a lot of dialog.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:06 PM   #323
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Sting

Cree turned around to see what was going on. She walked over to where two men were setting. "Excuse me." She felt as if she didn't know what to saw to them. "May I join you?" She remembered that she was leaving in the morning.

To her the figures looked tired. Perhaps from Rohan. Yet she was way past assuming anything. "The name is Cree. If I heard right your Hama and your Grimm. I may be wrong but thats what I heard." Cree didn't know what the two men may have to say. "May I join you?" The elf stood there looking down at the two men.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:39 PM   #324
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Fool Of A Took has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Grimm sniffed and said to Hama "I'm so sorry. I have forgotten to introduce myself. I am Grimm." Hama nodded. Grimm sipped some of his ale and tried to think of something else. Dont think about your sorrow, not now, not today, he thought and then sighed. "Now, it was about... Hmm... two weeks I think" Grimm said and looked at Hama. Grimm fell into his daydreams and they both were silenced for about five minutes. Grimm thought it felt like it was thirty minutes. Silence can feel both lonely and long, he thought.

He really felt sorry for the fate of Hamas family. Grimm felt his tears coming again, but he held them back. The silence kept going but Grimm started to feel hungry and said "[b]I am getting hungry, they are serving supper now, I think I will have some. You want to join?"
Old 01-22-2004, 01:51 PM   #325
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hama looked up at Cree, he felt guilty about keeping her waiting for an answer so long, especially since she was an elf... he had no desire to upset an elf, if anything of what he had heard of their power was true. He turned to her, looking up to her face,

'Yes, of course, I'm sorry,' he said, 'we're just a couple of warriors reminiscing about battles long fought.'

He turned to Grimm, and tried to force a smile, he failed, and all that came from his face was a look of pain. He reached for his belt and felt the pommell of Tithaing. Memories flooded him, che charge at Helm's deep, the Oliphaunts at Pelennor, and the sheer mass of orcs at the Morranon. Tithaing had served him well for the years he had carried it, and he had no resaon to be thinking about battle now, he was away from it. As a flicker of light reflected off his helmet onto his face he said,

"Yes, some food would be good. I will get it, it will take my mind off sadder things than a meal, what do you want to eat?" he addressed Cree...

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 3:03 PM January 22, 2004: Message edited by: Hama Of The Riddermark ]
Old 01-22-2004, 01:58 PM   #326
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Please remember to follow this basic rule when you post in the Inn or a game:

Quote:
2. Write in complete sentences and in paragraph form. Each post that you make should be at least two paragraphs in length with each paragraph made up of at least two sentences. Separate the paragraphs by double spacing between them. This makes your posts easier to read and more enjoyable for everyone. ~*~ The Red Book of Westmarch/Rules for Posting in the Shire
Bottom line your post must contain these 2 paragraphs and then if you wish to put in a single line of dialog, or a single dramatic line at the end that's fine.

~*~ Piosenniel, Shire Moderator
Old 01-22-2004, 02:13 PM   #327
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Grimm rose up and bowed for the elf woman. He felt embarresed for not noticing her. "I am so sorry for not noticing you, my Lady." he said, "Of course you can join us, we were just about to have some food." Grimm then said "Excuse me, I will order my food, I haven't got any food for seven hours."

He walked to the bar and ordered some supper for him. He sat down again with the elf and Hama. He looked at the elf and got curious about her. "So, what is your name, my Lady?" Grimm said curiously.

The elf seemed a little shy, but that maybe was just a look she had. Grimm looked at her and then started to think about the elves at the Battle of Helms Deep. No! I mustn't think if that right now, he thought and he almost got mad at himself.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 3:33 PM January 22, 2004: Message edited by: Fool Of A Took ]
Old 01-22-2004, 02:39 PM   #328
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Hama nodded and got up, he walked into the main bar area and returned a few minutes later with a two plates of steaming stew, he went back out and returned with two mugs of ale, one he set before Cree, and the second before himself, he did the same with the stew and stuck a spoon into each bowl.

He took a mouthful of his, it was warm and it didn't taste too bad either, certainly better than the stew Eowyn cooked on the route to helm's deep. Hama smiled, he had been lucky that day, though his horse had been killed by wargs he'd managed to make it out alive... He jerked his thoughts back to the present... he chewed on the pork in his mouth and swallowed it, and drunk a large gulp of ale...

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 3:41 PM January 22, 2004: Message edited by: Hama Of The Riddermark ]
Old 01-22-2004, 02:51 PM   #329
Potatothan
Haunting Spirit

Potatothan has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Huan looked up at Aman as she placed the supper on his table. She eyed him swiftly before heading over to the next table. Huan nudged her arm for a second.

"Ehm, I didn't pay for this food milady. Don't want to be a thief of your wallet." He said while handing her the plate.

"Giving me back this plate would make you the thief of your own wallet sir. The supper comes with the room you ordered." Aman replied.

Huan smiled and placed the plate back on his table. Since he was running out of pipe weed and ale he asked Aman if there was anymore he could purchase in this Inn. Aman gave Huan a many-saying look and finished her round.
Feeling like a complete idiot thinking an Inn wouldn't have any pipe weed, she already came back with something wrapped in cloth. She placed it carefully on his table and went on her way. Huan smelled the bag and smiled. He added the tobacco to his own stock, which was getting very low. Aman later on picked up the wrappings looking at it for a second.

"I think a lot." Huan said with a smile.

Aman gave him a kind smile and went on her way. She seemed as busy as an Innkeeper could be. Huan just took it easy and started eating his meal. A camping trip of three years really did made him appreciate every meal someone else cooked and when things were settling down and the people just needed ale from time to time Huan scuffled to the bar. (Of course with his pipe already smoking)

"I would just like to thank you for that meal milady." Huan said.

"Just call me Aman. But you paid for that sir." Aman replied.

"Yes but being outside and cooking your own good makes you appreciate a good sturdy meal. Tell me, you have been to Rohan, that's a pretty nice place. I have dwelled there long. Good green lands for the horses and nice villages with nice people. Tell me, have you never had the urge to go back?"

"No I haven't" Aman replied "I like it here, but you talk about Rohan as you are not one of the Eorlingas. Where are you from?"

"I'm a man of nowhere, so a man from everywhere." Huan replied and he turned for his table.

On his way he passed a table where two Rohirrim and an elf were talking together. The first man had asked for company from Rohan, but since he had just dwelled there for 20 years he didn't count himself fit for conversation since he had only went to war with the Rohirrim and didn't know much of the politics. He just scuffled to his former table took a chair and sat himself by the fire.

From his equipment he took out some more pipe weed since it had gone out and filled the pipe again. With a splinter of burning wood from the fire he lit it. The fire kindled and licked his hand but since the travel had made them harsh he hardly notice and just threw the piece of wood back in the fire. Just sitting by the side of the fire with an ale on his side and a bench for his tired feet, he glanced around a bit and looked at the people letting his look linger at everyone for a while not caring if they looked back.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:40 PM   #330
LuthienNenharma

Sting

Luthien sipped from a goblet of wine she held in one hand. She pulled her hood back casually reavealing long ebony hair and a fair face.

She looked around and smiled. The hawk was slightly perurbed by the breeze from her putting the hood down and it ruffled its feathers, letting out a loud squawk. She hushed it and fet it meat from her pouch.

"Quiet, Loniwel, we musn't be noticed by too many here, save maybe the elves...."

She narrowed her eyes watching the hobbits drink and laugh with their hairy feet and short stature. 'Despicable...', she thought to herself and scoffed, taking another sip of her wine.

This wine was one of the finest taken into Mirkwood, but it was strong, so it could only be drunk in sips unless you wanted to end up asleep on thetable and vulnerable to enemies.

&lt;font size=1 color=339966&gt;[ 4:41 PM January 22, 2004: Message edited by: LuthienNenharma ]&lt;/font&gt;

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:43 PM January 22, 2004: Message edited by: LuthienNenharma ]

Old 01-22-2004, 03:54 PM   #331
Angry Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

Angry Brandybuck has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

"So thats settled then! You shall sleep in the spare room." It suddenly occurred to Angry that the short stature of the bed, although it was one of the best king-sized beds available in all the four farthings, it would most likely be too short for this handsome lady.

As she stood, however, he saw that this would not cause a problem. She obviously noted his surprise at this which made him feel slightly ashamed; it was not his place to pass any judgement on the way a lady looked.

After a mumbled apology, of sorts, his ears perked up again and said "But come, we cannot go home just yet, the night is still young and there are songs and dances to be performed, learned and discovered!"

Taking a long draught from his recently replenished tankard, he started a jig of his own design. this involved jumping several times from foot to foot before falling over abruptly and hitting his head on a stall.

"Maybe singing would be a better past time for someone in a state such as myself"
Old 01-22-2004, 06:14 PM   #332
ShadowElf
Newly Deceased

ShadowElf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Maikaalph and Fain stood outside the Green Dragon Inn. “Fain, I remember when you asked me why Gandalf wanted to save this land. Now I can answer that question. Look around Fain, can’t you see what this land of the Shire has to offer. It is a pocket of goodness and hope that was untainted by Sauron’s rule.”

Maikaalph paused here to look over the landscape. The sun setting over the rolling hills, young hobbits going inside to play because the night was approaching, and the land seemed to eke out an atmosphere of innocence. Maikaalph walked over to the stable and took his horse Anoria. Anoria looks much like Shadowfax in speed and stature.

“Fain, I’m going for a quick ride. But I’ll be back before tomorrow.” Maikaalph said as he rode off into the sunset.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:58 PM   #333
Fire-Galad
Animated Skeleton

Fire-Galad has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Sindahir sat as still as stone across from Drowin. He looked up from his cup.

"Sindahir, you're as tense as a drawn bow. Just tell where me it is and I'll leave you alone." Sindahir raised her eyes.

"Go kiss an Orc," she hissed. Drowin started but thought better of it. Sindahir sat still for awhile before suddenly getting up and pointed behind Drowin.

"Look behind you!" she yelled. Drowin looked behind him, looked back and Sindahir was gone.

"I hate it when she does that." Drowin growled as he ran outside.

Sindahir glanced one way then the other, trying to think. 'If I go that way, Drowin might run to the backdoor and cut me off, but...'Sindahir mused,'But if I go the other way, I can do it.' Sindahir ran to the left of the inn, found a tree by her window, and climbed up. She watched as Drowin looked around the tree, on the ground, and was no doubt counfused about her trail. Sindahir waited until Drowin went to the other side of the inn before she climbed into her room. After taking a breath, Sindahir returned to the window, gave a small dove call, and waited...

Talon roosted in a branch not too far away from the inn. He was getting ready to snooze when he heard it. A lone dove call. Talon, irritated that he was distsurbed, streched his wings out. The dying sunset turned his chest feathers a deep red-gold while the rising moon seemed to give his other faethers a deep silver sheen. 'She can wait,' he thought to himself. But when the call came again, he took off and flew towards the inn. He alighted on a sill and preened his feathers.

"Good you came." The falcon cast an aggitated eye at the Elf and screeched at her. "Don't take that tone with me, Talon." Talon glared at Sindahir. "I know, I know I woke you up but this is an emergency. I need it back." Talon raised his right claw, tied to it was a small leather bag. Sindahir untied the bag and shook it. Out fell a bronze ring with emeralds forming a flower. "Ther's no way Drowin's getting his hands on this." Sindahir climbed back down the tree as Talon flew next to her and they headed to the stabels.

Drowin hated Sindahir. Not only because of a family feud, but because Sindahir was eveything he wanted to be. Smart, special, and funny were some words to describe her. Sindahir was also famouse for always playing tricks on him.

"I'll get her one of these days,"he hissed. As he turned the corner,Drowin heard Jet, his black horse, whinning. Drowin ran for the stabels, his gray eyes burned in his dark face.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:59 PM   #334
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Crystal giggled and smiled as she knelt down to to him. His dance had been delightful to watch, but she was sure his head was throbbing. As payment for his kindness she took his head in her hands and kissed the top of his head lightly.

She looked at him and continued to smile.
"I must agree Mr. Brandybuck, you probably shouldn't engage in dancing. Songs are more your speed right now," Crystal said as she laughed lightly.

"And please don't be sorry for being surprised at my short stature. Your surprise is nothing compared to what others have thought of me," Crystal reassured as she helped the hobbit back up off the floor.

She hadn't felt this happy in many months and Crystal was very thankful for whatever higher being that had brought this kind hobbit forth into her life.

She had a place to stay and a new companion, a new friend to talk to. It had been something her heart had searched for, her heart and yearned for, but she hadn't allowed herself to really dream. Now she was with this man that had such life, such joy, that made her change the way she saw the world. He was beginning to bring back the woman she had once been, the woman that Arty had known, the woman she had wanted to be for him, the woman that she had forgotten.
Old 01-23-2004, 04:03 AM   #335
Angry Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

1420!

"A song it is then!" declared Angry as he stood awkwardly, head throbbing. He avoided Crystal's gaze however, to hide the embarrasment he was feeling from the kiss that had been planted on his forehead. For the sake of all the Farthings he thought You must stop getting so embarrassed all the time, heaven only knows what she'll think of you!

He wracked his brain for a song, a song fitting for this occasion. most of the songs he knew were just too doomy and gloomy to sing for such happy times. When he had remembered one at last, he straightened his jacket and wasitcoat, took in a deep breath, and with a voice purer and more melodious than anyone expected of him, he sang:

Quote:
Troll sat alone on his seat of stone,
and munched and mumbled a bare old bone;
For many a year he had gnawed it near,
For meat was hard to come by.
Old 01-23-2004, 06:41 AM   #336
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Crystal clapped at his song. She had never heard it before, but it was a nice song. Most certainly it was much different then the songs of Rohan.

"That was wonderful Mr.Brandybuck. Where did you learn that song?" Crystal asked as she got back up to her stool and motioned for him to join her.

He had blushed wildly at her kiss, she had saw that. She hadn't meant to embarsse him, it was just instinct. Her mother did it all the time. Even though she didn't know Angry Brandybuck all that well, she still had felt compelled to comfort him. Falling upon ones head did hurt, she had fallen on her head as a child and understood that throbbing pain that he was experiencing. Yet he was being very great about it, he didn't say a word about the pain that must be there. And he continued to sing, a thing which is hard to do with throbbing pain in ones head.

A thought struck her mind. Was he blushing because he was beginning to have feelings for her? Crystal asked herself. She disregarded that thought. It just couldn't be. Who would want to fall in love with a lonely wandering woman with no money and no inheritance?

Crystal smiled as she watched him take the stool next to him. She wanted to buy him a drink, or do something for he had already provided shelter. He had also shared his talent, but she just didn't know what to do. She could dance, but she didn't want to chance it with the liquor that she had had. She had never had that type of liquor before and wasn't exactly sure how it would affect her motor skills.

And she knew that she couldn't sing. At least that is what her father had told her. So she never did and wasn't sure if she knew exactly how. Besides she didn't know any songs by heart. She knew tunes and the like, but never the lyrics to these songs.

"I have to admit to you, Mr.Brandybuck, that I don't know any songs," Crystal said quietly, slightly embarssed for even saying so.
Old 01-23-2004, 06:59 AM   #337
Angry Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

1420!

When the song was done, Angry beamed at the applause he received, even if it was just from one person. If only you could make a living out of singing, I'd be made! he thought, quickly dismissing the idea as folly. It was precisely those kind of ideas that made his father dislike him so. And that was why he was living here, away from his parents in Buckland.

He was shocked to hear that she didn't know any songs, what was this world coming to when a person could grow up not having learned any songs or verse? "What Lass? No songs? well, we must spend some of the time we'll have together learning you some. Maybe I could even teach you the craft of plucking your own songs from out o'the air. It's just about the only thing Angry here is good for."

He took a long swig of his beer and realised that Crystal wasn't drinking anything. He had been so swept up in all his jollility and merry-making that he had completely forgotten his manners. He asked her if she would like anything to drink at all. After this beer he himself was planning on starting on something a little stronger, perhaps some Misty Mountain Malt.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:36 AM   #338
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Sting

"The name is Cree. Go ahead and talk about battles you've fought. I don't mind listening to stories." Cree looked down at the stew in front of her. Why not. All I've had is a piece of bread but that was so long ago. She picked up the spoon to try some of it. Well atleast its warm.

"I take it you two are from Rohan." She looked at the two men setting across from here. She could feel the stew going to her stomach. She wasn't use to the heat. She picked up her mug of ale and took a sip. She remembered her father telling her about the battle of helms deep.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:04 AM   #339
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Hama smiled, the first real smile he had had in a long time. His thoughts wandered to the battle of the deep. Riding out with Theoden had been the greatest moment of his life. He was proud to have served such a king...

'Yes, we are from Rohan. It seems that Grimm and I have fought many battle side by side but not talked until now...'

He chuckled, it was indeed a strange co-incidence that he had fought two large battles with Grimm and hadn't known his name up until a few minutes ago. He thought it doubtful that any rider that had served for a reasonable time could not have been battle hardened by the Deep and the Pellenor, or indeed the battle at the Morranan.

'Yes, the charge of the Rohirrim at Pellenor. A glorious moment...the charge of the Mumaks brought that to an end...'

He saw before his eyes once more his brother, Eodwun, ripped from his saddle, impaled on a mumak's tusk. He visiualised how he had brought the very same mumak down, the same way Eowyn had, by hamstringing it...

'Helm's Deep was awful, every forsaken minute of it. I saw freinds plunge to their deaths from the ramparts, skewered by the black-fletched bolts of the crossbows, I saw one man impaled by an enourmous ballista bolt, the finest moment of my life was riding out with Theoden and Elessar, and seeing Eomer and Gandalf charge... But those memories are long past. Nearly thirteen years has past since the battle of the Deep. And still it stands.'

Hama sighed once again...he shouldn't be remembering the glorious moments of valour in the battles, he should, if he were thinking about battles at all, think of the un-named masses who died...

'Yes, battles are glorious moments of triumph until they are over, then there is only sorrow...'
Old 01-23-2004, 08:07 AM   #340
Potatothan
Haunting Spirit

Eye

Huan smiled at the song of the hobbit. He applauded loudly from his place by the fireside. The hobbit went back to the Rohan girl he had been talking to and they chatted further. Huan puffed little rings of smoke for a while and sat deep in thought while he read an old book that was lying in his lap. The hobbit didn't make hesitation to sing another song and Huan stood up from his chair to get some more ale.

He once more made it for the bar. He could have asked one of the waiters, but he just wasn’t used to it. The hobbit was talking with the Rohan girl still as he arrived at the bar. Aman was busy tapping some mugs for the other customers so Huan turned to the hobbit and tossed a silver coin towards him.

"That was a fine song back there master Holbytla. One that deserves some credit other than applause I should say." Huan said with a kind smile.

The hobbit stared at the coin for a second and looked up to the big man. As hobbit manners go, he bowed his head.

"Thank you for you kind words sir."

"Just call me Huan. Might I put in a request for another song master Holbytla?"
Old 01-23-2004, 08:26 AM   #341
Angry Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

1420!

Taken aback by the attention from this stranger, Angry could suddenly remeber no more songs. His mind was a complete blank. Fumbling nervously with the silver coin that had been tossed to him, he stood silently, thinking.

"Well, sir, what do you know, normal times I can't think of anything but songs, but now the some whose wan'to here me, I can't think of any! Well, except one, but, begging your pardon, sir, its one that I have writ myself and I don't know if it would be up to scratch for public performance so to speak."

The stranger made it clear that he would be more than happy to hear this song that Angry had written himself. 'ere goes then, he thought to himself and, taking another long swig of beer, began to sing;

Quote:
You'll remember me
When the West-Wind blows,
Upon the fields of the Shire,
You can tell the Sun,
In his jealous sky,
That we walk in fields of green.

So he took his love,
For to gaze a while,
Upon the fields of the Shire.
And they told the Sun,
In his Jealous sky
That they walked in fields of green.
After he finished, Angry noticed that he had been singing louder than he intended, and for some reason he had been staring into Crystals eyes, oblivious to the stranger who had asked for the song. The man started clapping, bringing Angry out of his stupor, and making him blush.

&lt;font size=1 color=339966&gt;[ 9:28 AM January 23, 2004: Message edited by: Angry Brandybuck ]&lt;/font&gt;

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:29 AM January 23, 2004: Message edited by: Angry Brandybuck ]
Old 01-23-2004, 08:35 AM   #342
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Grimm tried the stew, it was warm and refreshing. He looked at Hama. The man he sat in front of had been riding at the side by Theoden and Elessar. An honorable man. Grimm remembered the look in the face of his brother, slayed by an orc. The blade that chopped of his hand. His brother fell, and tried to crawl away. The orc caught him and held him up. The orc smiled a horrible smile. His brother looked like he faced death when he looked at the orc.

Grimm couldn't do anything, he had got a cut in his stomach by an orc and was laying on the hard ground. His brother tried to scream when the orc stung his blade in the chest of him. Grimm remembered how he started crying when he saw his brothers pain and suffer. And there he died, Eothór of Rohan, the brother of Grimm. Grimm sniffed and took a sip of his ale and tried to hide his tears. He coldn't stop them now, to much sorrow. He didn't know why he cried now, he cried and screamed out his sorrow outside Helms Deep when his brother got buried.

Grimm sat silenced, he didn't know what to say, but after about 10 minutes of silence he knew. "Honor to the fallen men of Rohan in the War of the Ring" Grimm said and held up his wooden mug.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:36 AM January 23, 2004: Message edited by: Fool Of A Took ]
Old 01-23-2004, 09:26 AM   #343
Potatothan
Haunting Spirit

Eye

Huan heard the cry of the man from Rohan at his table and raised his mug. He went over to the table of where the two man sat together.

"Honour to the fallen men of Rohan indeed. But also to those of Gondor and the realms before them I should say. You are grieved, man of Rohan. It seems the stories of Hama have brougth up memory to a deep grief."

Hama turned his head to look at Huan, but did not regocnize him. Their eyes met and Huan smiled at him.

"Yes Hama, I know your name. For I also rode with King Ellesar and King Theodon. But at Helm's Deep I have not been. I only met Theodon for a short time during the great war, before that I had seen him many times. Also King Ellesar, but our roads had separated even before you were born. You have done a great deed at Pellenor. Bringing down one of the great Mumakil is a deed of bravery and courage." Huan said.

"Who are you?" Hama asked.

"I am no one, therefore I am everyone. I rode with King Ellesar on paths that are now closed forever, but of that I shall not speak. Tell me, what takes two man of Rohan all the way to Bree?"

Hama eyed him for a second, Grimm did not. He was taken by his own thoughts and grief was to be read all over his face.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 10:27 AM January 23, 2004: Message edited by: Potatothan ]
Old 01-23-2004, 09:35 AM   #344
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Cree sat there listening. "I've never seen battle. I've only heard stories. Yet those weren't anywheres like yours." She finished her stew and drank the rest of her ale.

"You haven't met my good friend." Cree put her fist in the air just as her white crow came to her side. "This is Avalon." She turned to the crow. "Avalon met Grimm and Hama." She felt the safety return to her.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:51 AM   #345
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Hama turned his eyes to his tankard of ale, he focussed on it intently. It was clear something was squirming inside him, eating him up...

'Why first for Gondor?' he said in a surprisingly bitter voice...'They knew not true sorrow, they knew only fear, fear of what was to come. Rohan felt sorrow, men are not so easily replaced in The Mark as they are in the southern realm. There were few women in Gondor left to grieve over the fates of the men...'

His voice tailed into a whisper as he said the final sentence, then drank a gulp from his tankard and turned to Huan and said, in the same bitter, constricted voice,

'No, not to Gondor first, to Rohan before all others...'
Old 01-23-2004, 10:47 AM   #346
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"Calm down now, everyone!" Grimm said and tried to calm Hama and Huan. Huan and Hama both got quiet but still had the bitter gaze at each other. "Now we shouldn't be angry at each other for this cause, both Rohan and Gondor have suffered greatly in the Ring Wars, so have many other people of Middle-Earth. Right now, we can only feel sorrow and remember our honourable fallen comrades." Grimm said and the bitter look disappeared at Hama and Huans faces.

Yet the mood at the persons around the table got bad and all four of them didn't say very much for a long time. Grimm tried to get the spirit up and said "So, Cree, what brings you to The Shire?" Grimm looked at Cree and Avalon that sat on her shoulder that looked at the others around the table.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:48 AM   #347
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Crystal had accepted Angry's invitation to a drink. She was quiet surprise at the man that had come over and had asked for another song.

She listened intently at the song that he had wrote. It was a beautiful song, a song she had never heard before. He gazed into her eye's, locked with hers as if he was reading her very soul. And yet, she wasn't afraid as she knew she should be of his feelings that were obviously there. For she was beginning to find that her feelings were there as well.

"My, that song is by far the most beautiful song that I have heard Mr. Brandybuck," Crystal said quietly, as she blushed profusely. She hid her face in her cloak as she took a drink of the glass that Aman had set in front of her.

And suddenly the thought started to rise that she didn't subdue. The thought that she was falling in love with this hobbit. She just couldn't be sure. She already had liquor in her system already and she was adding more, but she couldn't help but think that it wasn't the liquor. She couldn't help but think and feel that all of this was real.

"I do know one song Mr.Brandybuck, but only the one. I've never sang it in front of anyone, but it you want to hear it I shall sing it for you," Crystal said boldly and quickly.
Old 01-23-2004, 01:26 PM   #348
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] NOTICE OF NEW GAME OPENING [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Everdawn invites you to play in her new game, The Legacy of Traitors. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Click HERE.

Prospective Players:

The game-discussion thread will be opening sometime early next week to take on players. Watch here in the Inn and on the Discussion Thread for the final announcement.

Until then, read the proposal carefully, craft an interesting character using the Character Description form, and write a good First Post for your character.

This should be a fun game!

~*~ Piosenniel, Game Moderator
Old 01-23-2004, 01:51 PM   #349
Potatothan
Haunting Spirit

Eye

"But men die nonetheless. And it does not matter if there are too few to grief about it, men die. And that is a tragic event. So why do you claim lordship of grief for Rohan? Last time I checked they considered themselves equal to Gondor and Gondor to them. But let us not discuss this ill in one of the places that has suffered so few from the war. For I am sick and tired of battle after having to watch it for 87 years. You too are weary master Hama. Let me buy us four an ale and talk more merry." Huan said ignoring Grimm's attempt to change the conversation.

Huan nudged a waiter and she brought them four ale's. Huan sat back and was stuffing his pipe once more
Old 01-23-2004, 01:57 PM   #350
Angry Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

1420!

Angry had never been able to take compliments gracefully, and this was no exception. He blushed, flushed and mumbled a thankyou. He stared down into his tankard, as if it contained the most beautiful thing in the world. It didn't, that was sat on the stall next to his.

What would his parents think of him? they had never approved of the Big Folk that came into the Shire more and more often since Frodo and the rest had gone off to war and come back all shiny and brave looking. He had no such feelings, however, and was all for the new 'cosmopolitan' feel of the Shire.

He was delighted at her offer to sing him a song. The tall man who had given him money before was obviously now more interested in arguing about War with the men from Rohan. He had never understood how the men of a country could be so preoccupied with war, but then, he had never suffered it.

"Why yes Miss Crystal, I would love to hear your only song, it would be an honour!"
Old 01-23-2004, 02:18 PM   #351
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Hama reached swiftly for his belt and his fingers closed around the hilt of Tithaing, he tugged, but his hand did not move. Grimm was holding it in place, shaking his head with a pained expression on his face. Hama returned his gaze to Huan...

"Do not instruct me in the meaning of grief!"he shouted,"I have never claimed lorship over all sorrows in the world, only of my own! You talk about war too easily for someone who has seen so much..."

Hama breathed deeply for several seconds. He found he was standing up, his shouting having attracted a lot of attention from around the inn. His hand was still closed around Tithaing. Grimm released his grip. Hama slumped into the chair...

"I am sorry..." he said with a heavy heart...
Old 01-23-2004, 02:58 PM   #352
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

The Green Dragon Inn - Part 8 had come to it's limit of posts, so I'm closing it.

Please continue to play in the new incarnation of The Green Dragon Inn - Part 9.

~*~ Pio

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:05 PM January 23, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]