The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2010, 10:31 PM   #41
Galin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Galin is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Galin is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by narfforc
Just type in the word Ancanar and see what you get, I heard about this film 3000 yrs ago
Anyone know if this project is still on?
Galin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:55 AM   #42
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galin View Post
Anyone know if this project is still on?
Ancanar?

*shrugs* They put out a trailer and other publicity material a few years ago, and some sources refer to the film as if it was released at that time, but in fact the project seems to have died. There's a newish site, but unless I've missed something it's currently just a splash screen.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:32 AM   #43
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Silmaril

The project this thread concerns does seem to be still limping on, however to be honest I doubt it will ever get off the ground– simply too ambitious. Professionals with full legal rights and an actual budget might well still be daunted by the scope of this.

Which brings me to a proposal: would anyone here be interested in collaborating on a short (1-3 minutes) animated fan-film on a much smaller scale, relating just an incident or two from one of the stories? I'd be looking for general suggestions, and perhaps voice actors. I would be using this for self–promotion, and obviously it would be unpaid, but I'd give full credit to anyone who helped out.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:25 AM   #44
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I can't help you out here, sorry about that, I'm not a tech person.
I don't think that it is possible to make THe Sil in 1 movie. Each story has to be separate, otherwise the whole movie would be amess. It should be like a series.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #45
Beleg Baggins
Newly Deceased

Beleg Baggins is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Tolkien

I need to ask that you Please portray my favourite character, Beleg, as accurately as possible. And do your best with the story of The Children of Hurin, It's the best one.
Beleg Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #46
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
But in a movie its impossible to do your best on everything, especially with something like The Sil. If CoH will be good, they will have to cut the fall of Gondolin or Beren&Luthien's story or something else. I personally am against the making of The Sil movie. It will definitely be ruined. I think that its much better to be left a book.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:16 PM   #47
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I agree, actually– hence my comment about the subject of this thread– but I was just talking about doing a brief scene or two.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:09 AM   #48
Galadriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Galadriel has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
But in a movie its impossible to do your best on everything, especially with something like The Sil. If CoH will be good, they will have to cut the fall of Gondolin or Beren&Luthien's story or something else. I personally am against the making of The Sil movie. It will definitely be ruined. I think that its much better to be left a book.
Agreed. Some books are just left better as books. I remember the disaster that was War and Peace on film...it made me not want to read the book.