The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-15-2002, 04:51 PM   #1
Celebmundoiel
Animated Skeleton

Celebmundoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye Couple of questions.

I was wondering about two questions.

Ok one, are wizards like elves and are immortal?

and

If elves cant get sick then why do they have the best medicines.

Thats all!

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Roaming in the night through the shadows. You cannot hear me, you cannot see me. I am as agile as a cat. As I run I am low to the ground. I climb trees in a second and run on the branches as if they were the earth’s surface. My appearance is deceitful, I can take life as well as spare. I am Celebmundoiel.
Celebmundoiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 04:56 PM   #2
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Wizards are immortal because they are Maia (or perhaps you could say, demi-Gods). They are like Elves in the manner that they are both from the Undying Lands originally.

Elves do not suffer sicknesses of the disease nature... they can still be injured in battle, so they need medicine to heal anything from battle.
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 05:52 PM   #3
Aragorn2002
Haunting Spirit

Aragorn2002 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aragorn2002
Hmmmm... I thought that wizards were mortal, oh well.
________
IOLITE VAPORIZER COMFORT CARE PACKAGE

Last edited by Aragorn2002; 04-15-2011 at 03:11 AM.
Aragorn2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 12:41 PM   #4
Nefturion

Sting

I'm with Aragorn2002. I remember reading that the five wizards, or Istari, came to middle earth during the Third Age in the "shape of men , though they were never old and aged only slowly". This would appear to mean that they were mortal. The bit about Elves wounded in battle sounds good to me too.
Old 01-04-2003, 02:35 PM   #5
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Appearing in the shape of mortals didn't change the nature of the Istari (wizards); they were still immortal beings, comparable to angels in nature.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote