The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-31-2002, 11:59 AM   #1
busybee
Haunting Spirit

Location: Mirkwood, Lothlorien...dream...actually the middle of nowhere...Mumbai
busybee has just left Hobbiton.
Question Wierd Stuff

What exactly was all the Mist and the whispery words by Elrond that happened after Arwen saved him(It's <B>Glorfindel!</B>)but before he woke in Rivendell....was it some healing stuff??Help!!!
Old 10-31-2002, 12:07 PM   #2
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Since Frodo was quite sick, and since that segment was "from his point of view", it was given that surreal quality often used to depict feverishness. Having been feverish before myself, believe me, it's wierd. People standing right over you seem to be miles away and what they say doesn't really make sense. I don't know if Elrond was speaking "incantations", but I'm sure that even if he was just saying "Hello how are you?" in Elvish it would have seemed freaky to Frodo.<P>The mist was probably all before Frodo's eyes.
Old 10-31-2002, 01:38 PM   #3
Gayahithwen
Wight

Gayahithwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

What Elrond actually says is:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Frodo, lasto beth nīn, tolo dan na ngalad <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>which means 'Frodo, hear my voice, come back to [the] light.'<P>I don't know about the mist, though, but I guess it's like Diamond says, when you have a fever, everything looks something like that.<P>(information about the elvish found <A HREF="http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/movie_elvish.htm#frodo" TARGET=_blank>here</A>)