The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2004, 09:23 AM   #161
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Mister Underhill has been trapped in the Barrow!
Attachments should be used prudently. We're not going to spend space on off-topic attachments, so I've deleted the one you added to your post, warrenerd.
Mister Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 02:00 PM   #162
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I got my name via the name generator here at the Downs. As far as I can tell, it translates to "Woman of Piercing Radiance." Wishful thinking, mind you, since I'm anything but radiant, but sounds so pretty. It kinda rolls off the tongue. Maeggaladiel. Maeee-gaaa-laaa-deee-uuuhhl. Yeah.

~Maeg
Oh yeah, and it looks neat when you shorten it to "Maeg."
Old 05-13-2004, 08:36 PM   #163
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Shield Me... me... ME...

I'm still not quite sure where Eowyn Skywalker came from, but I am her, and she is me! Me... me... me...

Okay, as far as I can tell, apart from the obvious, I wanted a 'crossdimention' user name, is this:

For my birthday, I dressed up as Eowyn.
For my brother's birthday, I dressed up as Darth Maul. I became Darth Eowyn. This was before I came to the Downs... However, on fanfiction.net, I was Elf with a lightsaber, to be more exact, the Elf who stole Luke Skywalker's lightsaber. Also the elf with Luke Skywalker as a co-author later on. However, I love tormenting Luke, by telling him that I am his mother, which came from the fact that I think Anakin is cute. Yeah, I know... So, when I went to get an Email addy, somehow Eowyn Skywalker came from all this... (coughmybrotherislukeifthatmeansanythingtoyoucough ) And well, it sounded cool, reflected my love of Lord of the Rings, and Star Wars, so it clicked, I used it here, and now I'm quite known as Eowyn Skywalker. Everyone likes the name, and the pic, which I HAD to make to become Eowyn Skywalker. So yeah, that's that.

I am odd, but none of the name that the generators came up make any sense, anyhow.

So Eowyn Skywalker I am, and I am Eowyn Skywalker.

-Eowyn Skywalker, obviously
Eowyn Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:45 PM   #164
Quicksilver_Sprite
Animated Skeleton

Quicksilver_Sprite has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Well, all the names supplied by the name generator sounded peculiar and quite unpronouncable, so I just decided to go for something rather elven, or faerie-like. Sounds cool too.

Quicksilver_Sprite, who has awful eyesight!

Dream a dream / And see through angel's eyes / A place where we can fly away
Ride with me upon a shining star, / Above the moonlit sky / We will find Elysium
Quicksilver_Sprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 07:56 PM   #165
Lhundulinwen
Wight

Lhundulinwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lhundulinwen Send a message via MSN to Lhundulinwen Send a message via Yahoo to Lhundulinwen
White Tree

I just took my elven name out of the name generator.... there were already too many Sam's and Gamgee's. It sounds rather boring now....
Old 06-02-2004, 02:02 AM   #166
Ophelia
Wight

Ophelia has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I have to confess - I am in love with Shakespeer . And I do not know why , but Ophelia is my favorite female charecter and name out of all his works . So I got my nickname . Not too original or anything , but I just like the way it sounds .

Ophelia
Old 06-14-2004, 08:24 AM   #167
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sirithheruwen also came from the name generator. I know, sooooo original. (My voice is dripping with sarcasm.)

If I could pick any other name, however, it would be The Dark Chocolate of the Night which my friends call me at school, due to my *cough*friends*cough* Hershey sweeatshirt that I...ahem...borrow. Too bad you can't change your name. *shuffles off the stage*
Old 06-15-2004, 07:33 AM   #168
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Well, when I first joined I tried about 100 different names but I wasn't allowed any of them, or so I thought. The name wasn't the problem, it was the fact that I had put the same email address which I had used for a previous identity. When I finally realised that it was the address and not the name, I changed the address and left the name (which would have been the 100th different name I tried) and all of a sudden I had an account with that name!

Ever since then I've been called Eomer of the Rohirrim. I have a love-hate relationship with the name. It is very bitty and awkward, yet at the same time I have grown used to it and even fond of it, and Eomer is one of my favourite characters anyway.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:52 AM   #169
symestreem
Face in the Water

symestreem has just left Hobbiton.
This is actually my second BD account. I was trying to make the account name 'Tasarewen', and I used as the password the last name of a character; unfortunately, I didn't read the field labels carefully enough. Hence, I ended up with 'symestreem' as my publicly displayed name.
symestreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 02:46 AM   #170
ohtatyaro
Wight

ohtatyaro has just left Hobbiton.
In the Etymologies. It means Warrior