The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-21-2002, 04:34 AM   #41
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Originally posted by Rosa Underhill:<BR><STRONG>On Mr. Bloom: y'know, by the time they got to filming the orc battle in FotR, they were using CG (computer generated) arrows for Legolas' bow. He shot one of the crew members by accident...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>There goes Legolas and Gimli, getting carried way with their "counting game" again!
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 09:39 AM   #42
Nova
Pile O'Bones

Nova has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Nova Send a message via AIM to Nova
Sting

He'd have to use a saddle, I mean, he does raise both hands to use a bow while riding. An elf can do that, a human just can't.

"Now come, you filth! You've hurt my master, you brute, and you'll pay for it. We're going on; but we'll settle with you first. Come on, and taste it again!"

"If I'm to go on, then I must take your sword, by your leave, Mr. Frodo, but I'll put this one to lie by you, as it lay by the old king in the barrow; and you've got your beautiful mithril coat from old Mr. Bilbo. And your star-glass, Mr. Frodo, you did lend it to me and I'll need it, for I'll be always in the dark now. It's too good for me, and the Lady gave it to you, but maybe she'd understand. Do you understand, Mr. Frodo? I've got to go on."

-Nova
Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 11:40 AM   #43
raefindel

Sting

Orlando fell from a horse? I'm surprised he wasn't injured. He's had back surgery,you know. He fell from a 3-storey window.
Old 02-21-2002, 03:35 PM   #44
Rosa Underhill
Shade of Carn Dūm

Rosa Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Rosa Underhill
Sting

He was injured falling off the horse,(I think. It's been a while since I read the interview). He broke a rib. Ouch!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>There goes Legolas and Gimli, getting carried way with their "counting game" again! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>*snort of laughter*<BR>Legolas: Ha! Fourty-two!<BR>Gimlie: *runs his thumb over the blade of his axe* Tie breaker?<BR>Legolas:
Old 02-21-2002, 03:42 PM   #45
Aralaithiel
Ghost Eldaran Queen

Aralaithiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I ride horses, and I own a Paint mare. I think if one were practiced enough, one could ride and commit warfare bareback. You have to "become one" with the horse to be able to do that, and the Elves were known to be able to communicate with animals. I can just see it now:<BR>Legolas: (in horse language) If you cause me to fall off, you're gonna be dinner!<BR>Horse: Eeewwww! To be eaten by you & that cursed dwarf? I'm gonna hurl!<BR>Legolas: You got that right! Now be good!<BR>I love riding bareback, and have jumped 2 ft. fences doing so. <BR>Poor Orlando! I hope he didn't fall out of the helicopter shooting "Black Hawk Down"!<BR>I would have loved to have been Arwen's stunt double during those chase scenes!
Old 02-21-2002, 05:01 PM   #46
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Originally posted by Raefindel:<BR><STRONG>Lush, are you in love with Orlando?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You can't be in love with a bloke you've never met. You <I>can</I> however think him to be extremely talented and attractive. We'd go well together. But, as it is, I don't know him, he doesn't know me, and unless lighting strikes, and the fates lead him to me (or vice versa), it doesn't matter that much anyway. In the meantime, three cheers for his portrayal of Legolas-this issue is probably one of the only ones on which we can all agree, he was great.
Old 02-21-2002, 07:00 PM   #47
Banazīr
Pile O'Bones

Banazīr has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

It is so cool to do horse-riding without saddle!! If you practise to ride without, you'll get use and even be able to gallop.<BR>To the peoples who do horse riding and trust their horse, someday in winter you must try to ride without a saddle, without bridles and bare feet! That's awesome and you can develop a closer communication between you and your horse.
Old 02-21-2002, 07:59 PM   #48
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Barefoot in the snow? Why?
Old 02-22-2002, 12:50 PM   #49
Tarlondeion Of Gondolin
Haunting Spirit

Tarlondeion Of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry about the picture of treebeard but a friend sent into me and I thought it was rather funny so I posted it.
Tarlondeion Of Gondolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 02:13 PM   #50
Rosa Underhill
Shade of Carn Dūm

Rosa Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Rosa Underhill
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>this issue is probably one of the only ones on which we can all agree, he was great.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>*shrug* Eh, he was okay. I honestly wasn't paying that much attention; I'm a bit hobbit-minded, after all. He was a good shot, though; I like archers.<P>Don't have much to say about horseback riding. I like it but I've only been on trail rides,(they don't trust blind folk to take off on a horse at random at my summer camp). Hey, did you know they have miniature horses as guide animals now? I don't know if I approve or not, though. (I've got a dog and I love her dearly. No one else would put up with me without saying a word. )
Old 02-23-2002, 01:58 PM   #51
Aralaithiel
Ghost Eldaran Queen

Aralaithiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I ain't going barefoot in no snow! BRRRR!!! <P>I hope the crew that got shot are OK... what a story to tell the grandkids! <BR>"Hey, Have I ever told you young 'uns about the time I was working on FOTR and Orlando Bloom shot me w/ an arrow? Was an accident, course..."<BR>"YES, for the millionth time, grandpa!"
Old 03-26-2002, 04:23 PM   #52
Jessica Jade
Wight

Jessica Jade has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jessica Jade
Sting

I'm going to see LOTR again this Friday (the third time only heh heh) and i've heard that the TT trailer is premiering. I'm pretty sure this is true, but does anyone have any confirmation about this? I dearly hope they show it! I'm dying to see the trailer....

The musicians had indeed laid bare the youngest, most innocent of our ideas of life, the indestructible yearning for the way things aren't and can never be. ~ Philip Roth, The Human Stain
Jessica Jade is offline   Reply With Quote