The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2021, 02:26 PM   #4121
Ring Bearer
Pile O'Bones

Ring Bearer has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree Hello!

I am Ring Bearer, I joined this forum to post just one reply--like many here I believe.

The Forum is older than me.

I don't think The Hobbit Trilogy is considered to be a great series among the fans but that is what got me(and I believe many of my generation) into the Fandom--about 8 years ago.

I have only read "The Hobbit", I was too young to read hefty books like LOTR back in 2013. I do intend to read them someday. I don't think I'll read the Silm tho, have read too much of the "One Wiki To Rule Them All".

Love all 6 movies and it was actually a Movie Prediction by Mister Underhill in 2000 that got me into this forum--I believe that post was read by Peter Jackson bcoz it did find its way into the movie.

Since I was toddler when the original trilogy came out--I was never interested in it until I watched the "Riddles in the Dark" scene too many times on TV in 2013(was running continuously before DoS was too be released I believe).

P.S. This website is ancient.I love it!
Ring Bearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 02:35 PM   #4122
Huinesoron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Huinesoron is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Huinesoron is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Hi Ring Bearer! Welcome to the Downs. I'm always fascinated by communities appealing to people younger than them, so double welcome in fact.

Around here you will find people who hate the Hobbit movies but loved the LOTR ones, who hate the LOTR ones but love the books, and no doubt who hate LOTR and think Tolkien shout have stuck with The Hobbit alone. All views are welcome, which is great if you're inclined to go off on random tangents (like me... hi).

I'm really curious now - what was the prediction? :O I knew a fanfic way back that predicted 'Frodo falls off the ledge in Mount Doom' in 2002, so this is fascinating.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 02:54 PM   #4123
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Formendacil is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Formendacil is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Formendacil is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring Bearer View Post
I am Ring Bearer, I joined this forum to post just one reply--like many here I believe.

The Forum is older than me.

I don't think The Hobbit Trilogy is considered to be a great series among the fans but that is what got me(and I believe many of my generation) into the Fandom--about 8 years ago.

I have only read "The Hobbit", I was too young to read hefty books like LOTR back in 2013. I do intend to read them someday. I don't think I'll read the Silm tho, have read too much of the "One Wiki To Rule Them All".

Love all 6 movies and it was actually a Movie Prediction by Mister Underhill in 2000 that got me into this forum--I believe that post was read by Peter Jackson bcoz it did find its way into the movie.

Since I was toddler when the original trilogy came out--I was never interested in it until I watched the "Riddles in the Dark" scene too many times on TV in 2013(was running continuously before DoS was too be released I believe).

P.S. This website is ancient.I love it!
Fascinating.

We used to speculate (excuse me, I left my porch rocker and cane around here someone... going to want them if we're talking about "when I was your age") about "Downer babies"--i.e. the children of the Downers joining the forum some day. Granted, I am assuming here that you're not a literal Downer baby, the fact that you're actually younger than the forum does make you the closest comparison I think we've seen yet.

Hail and well met!
Old 04-12-2021, 03:27 PM   #4124
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

Soriman the Whide has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Soriman the Whide
Hello Ring Bearer good to see another new face around here.
Can you link the thread in question? I'd like to see this prediction.
Old 04-12-2021, 03:55 PM   #4125
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Galadriel55 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Galadriel55 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Galadriel55 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Hi Ring Bearer! I want to echo the welcome, and the plea for posting the prediction thread. Is it the one you linked in your very first post here?
Old 04-13-2021, 12:53 PM   #4126
Ring Bearer
Pile O'Bones

Ring Bearer has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Hi Ring Bearer! Welcome to the Downs. I'm always fascinated by communities appealing to people younger than them, so double welcome in fact.

Around here you will find people who hate the Hobbit movies but loved the LOTR ones, who hate the LOTR ones but love the books, and no doubt who hate LOTR and think Tolkien shout have stuck with The Hobbit alone. All views are welcome, which is great if you're inclined to go off on random tangents (like me... hi).

I'm really curious now - what was the prediction? :O I knew a fanfic way back that predicted 'Frodo falls off the ledge in Mount Doom' in 2002, so this is fascinating.

hS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soriman the Whide View Post
Hello Ring Bearer good to see another new face around here.
Can you link the thread in question? I'd like to see this prediction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Hi Ring Bearer! I want to echo the welcome, and the plea for posting the prediction thread. Is it the one you linked in your very first post here?
Yeah that same link.

I didn't know that links need to be linked...

Here it is--http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthr...oto=nextoldest
Ring Bearer is offline   Reply With Quote