The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #241
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I would be available during Sunday afternoon/evening/even night my time (now, it is about half past midnight for me) - if we agree upon something, and I could possibly even be able to make myself available during US-time evening, if it is convenient for people. Then I assume for us on European time (meaning probably me and Eönwë) the earlier is better, so maybe if we could agree on something US-afternoon-ish when we could be there in larger numbers (I think this would depend on Eönwë's preferences, since for me, like I said, the hour does not matter that much on this particular day).

Haven't yet visited the game since the festivities started, but I assume it could be nice to do some random festival-activities and then we could even spend some time drinking and running all over the place, visiting different sites (especially if the festival takes place in different sites simultaneously, as it often does?) - possibly we could even connect this to making a tour of some peoples' houses? (I still haven't done my house-warming party. Not that there is anything great to see in that tiny place. )
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:20 AM   #242
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Is anyone joining the Ale Association instead of the Inn League? Or going for a bit of both?
Old 10-23-2011, 06:41 AM   #243
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Is anyone joining the Ale Association instead of the Inn League? Or going for a bit of both?
I am totally Inn League, since I already started it. Unless I wanted Gimifril to join the Ale Association. Which I could, in fact, since he's a Dwarf, and just for the sake of variety.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 12-18-2011, 12:28 AM   #244
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Only a week left until our mighty kinship qualifies for a kinhouse! With the Christmas season not a lot of us have time for the game now, but we can get it set up soon and then we can have a housewarming party and then dance the night away with Tom Bombadil.

I visited the Shire Homesteads and love them. 2 Chalk Road is the closest to the entrance and the main neighborhood center, 4 Brookbank Street is a bit further but you can see a waterfall. I think I want to move to 1 Wending Way myself, so nice. The nearness to Michel Delving is very convenient as all the training and crafting and etc. are in one small area instead of scattered around.

I've been thinking of a second name for my lvl23 elven champion, Maelusalph. "Lustful Soup" enjoys prospecting, woodcrafting and weaponsmithing, and dislikes trying to get bloodstains out of his favorite dress. He's in a different kin but I may move him later.

Tariancthîr - Obstinate Face

Hwiniolthir - Fantastic Face

Deluthir - Deadly Face

Delulebed - Deadly Finger

Raunthir - Deviant Face

Deluraunthir - Deadly Deviant Face

Deluglamthir - Deadly Yelling Face

Glamdeluraunthir - Yelling Deviant Deadly Face

Delueirien - Deadly Daisy

Rhosseirien - Rustling Daisy

Glamthir - Yelling Face

Glamraun - Yelling Deviant

Alaglebed - Quick Finger

Adlanthîwnif - Oblique Sticky Face

Thirmaethor - Face Warrior

Ben-Raun - According to the Deviant

Ben-Rauncerthas - According to the Deviant Alphabet

Puiathir - Spit (on) Face

Gonodeirien - Counting Daisies

Gorothnif - Horror Face

Pendrath-na-Menel - Stairway to Heaven

Any scholars of Sindarin will be shuddering in horror I'm sure, I just picked amusing words out of the dictionary at councilofelrond.com.

I'm probably going to go for Deluthir, although Delueirien has personal, hilarious significance. Perhaps I'll use that one for Bruiwen.

Anyway, rambling.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:55 AM   #245
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Wow, really? The kinship house really took time to get... I think back then a loong time ago, we've been talking about the house just on the left side of the entrance, I think the waterfall was visible from there, I am not sure anymore where exactly it was.

I think Pendrath-na-Menel is still the best thing in Sindarin I've seen for some time, though
Old 12-18-2011, 02:35 PM   #246
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm getting back into playing, what server do you all play on?
Old 12-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #247
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
We're on Silverlode.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #248
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
We're on Silverlode.
And away I go to join that.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #249
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Superduper! Reprimand is currently online.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #250
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Have I mentioned that I have tons and tons of furniture taking up vault space that I would be more than happy to donate to the kinhouse..?

Also, the Yule Festival starts today! In fact, they are installing it right now.

[EDIT] Except they apparently actually weren't...either that or I don't know where the festival is...

Last edited by Kuruharan; 12-19-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #251
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
Have I mentioned that I have tons and tons of furniture taking up vault space that I would be more than happy to donate to the kinhouse..?

Also, the Yule Festival starts today! In fact, they are installing it right now.
I also had at least some chandeliers crafted by little myself - I think I still have at least one which I would like to donate. So, save a spot

Hmm, luckily-unluckily, as far as online gaming goes, I currently became fully occupied by SWTOR, which has exceeded my expectations (and which has the slight advantage against LOTRO that its way of visualising a world I already know from elsewhere does not disturb me in any way ), so I don't see my activity as very... big at the moment.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #252
Kitanna
Child of the West

Yule festival, I was afraid I had missed it. My fondest memories in online gaming are there.

I don't know anyone's names on silverlode, but mine is Versarrasine and I could use a friend or two.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:39 PM   #253
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
and which has the slight advantage against LOTRO that its way of visualising a world I already know from elsewhere does not disturb me in any way
What...you find Turbine's vision of Middle earth disturbing...say it ain't so!

Quote:
Yule festival, I was afraid I had missed it. My fondest memories in online gaming are there.
I have no idea when its going to start. When the servers were taken down today everyone said that was why...but when they were back up there was no festival. After that people started saying it would start tomorrow (Dec 20) but who knows.

Quote:
I don't know anyone's names on silverlode
Sure you do. My name is Kuruharan.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #254
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
What...you find Turbine's vision of Middle earth disturbing...say it ain't so!
I didn't say it is disturbing, or in any case, I don't find it disturbing per se - it has many very beautiful places (or most of them, actually) - but the main problem with me is that I am strongly against any attempts to visualise Middle-Earth in the first place in any other way than in paintings. LOTRO is fine, but it just "breaks the spell": it isn't really Middle-Earth however hard I try. Once again, that isn't bad. I think the game is great and I think they could have hardly done better than that. The "breaking the spell" effect is inherent to it: it is something that has to be there, it comes naturally. It is just that there is the threshold you can never cross. PJ didn't, those folks don't either.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:03 PM   #255
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
I don't know anyone's names on silverlode, but mine is Versarrasine and I could use a friend or two.
Reprimand, Maelusalph, Heypresto, Daltrey, Derndwimmer, Bruiwen, Fytalmi.

I wonder if we can get an all-Wight theater production?

Old 12-20-2011, 02:12 PM   #256
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Yule has begun.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:29 PM   #257
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

I just had this message flash across the Kinship chat...

Quote:
Your kinship's Lifespan Rank has changed to Lifespan Rank 7.
Huzzah!
Old 12-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #258
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Yay!

Okay. So 4 Brookbank street has the best view and has my vote. It's the next lowest price at 15 gold with weekly upkeep of 300 silver. I have two gold currently, so I suppose I'm taking the collection for the initial purchase.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #259
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Which neighborhood?
Old 12-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #260
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

I was looking at Moredowns. They're all the same, but I was trying to look for one with "downs" in the title.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #261
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

That one works for me.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:30 AM   #262
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

We need to do the Inn League pub-crawl thing as a kinship.

The question is not if, but when.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:37 PM   #263
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Allllllrighty then. We're at 13 towards our 15 gold house fund. You can contact Reprimand if you have money for it. I can foot the extra two if absolutely necessary, but I also want to have money enough for the cute single house in that same neighborhood. Cos it's cute.

Then we can get boozed up and wake up in strange places without our pants.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:35 PM   #264
Legolas
A Northern Soul

Legolas has just left Hobbiton.
Having been playing Warcraft almost exclusively for four years, my raiding guild has finally dissolved. I'm having trouble finding new people because of the changes to the game over the last year and a half; and am currently looking at other MMORPGs.

I recently got the LOTRO demo and played Star Wars: The Old Republic beta, but admittedly only dabbled.

Now I come here and see there's a group of you all playing. What's the game like once you leveled up? What is there to do? Any of you have Warcraft experience to compare LOTRO to?
Old 12-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #265
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Just out of interest, is anyone in a crafting guild?
Old 12-30-2011, 02:41 PM   #266
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
Any of you have Warcraft experience to compare LOTRO to?
Cut them against each other and I'd have to say Warcraft is better.

The endgame is basically levelling up alts, raiding or endless PvP.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:23 PM   #267
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

The Shades of Tyrn Gorthad may now be contacted at 4 Brookbank Street, Moredowns, The Shire.

Kuruharan is in a decorating frenzy. I suggest you pop on by and see what we've done to the place!

Old 12-31-2011, 04:15 AM   #268
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
I also want to have money enough for the cute single house in that same neighborhood. Cos it's cute.
Which one? I'm tempted to get 5 Chalk Road, but I may end up going to Thorin's Hall Homesteads, being a Dwarf and all.

And yay! Kinship House!
Old 12-31-2011, 06:38 AM   #269
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Just out of interest, is anyone in a crafting guild?
I have been in one for some time already (the jewellers). It definitely is worth it. I don't know what your guild offers, but given how much you have dedicated to crafting, I think you should do it.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:06 AM   #270
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lindale has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
We're on Silverlode.
Aww, is anyone in Imladris? I left my Level 7 character on Silverlode because my brother and cousins play on Imladris, but I'm the only one active in Lotro now

Legal Madness.
Lindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:36 PM   #271
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
The Shades of Tyrn Gorthad may now be contacted at 4 Brookbank Street, Moredowns, The Shire.

Kuruharan is in a decorating frenzy. I suggest you pop on by and see what we've done to the place!
Aw, crap, I was going to chip in that final two gold. Sorry, I've been swamped.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:16 PM   #272
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Eonwe, I now own 1 Wending Way. I really should have packed up furniture before abandoning my old house, I think I lost a bunch of things. Although it's possible they were bound to other characters.

Lindale, just Silverlode. but if you want to restart your character there we have other lower levels, so you wouldn't be stranded or anything.

Gwath, I don't mind if you mail me some golds.

(edit) Yep, everything is bound to characters. I'm putting birds EVERYWHERE, maaaaan

Last edited by Oddwen; 12-31-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:10 AM   #273
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Aw, crap, I was going to chip in that final two gold. Sorry, I've been swamped.
I tried to send gold, but you can't unless you've paid for something in-game, i.e. bought some Turbine Points or membership for any length of time. Or something like that.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #274
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

My character now has a house- 3 Frothing Road, Góthbar, Thorin's Hall Homesteads.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #275
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
I tried to send gold, but you can't unless you've paid for something in-game, i.e. bought some Turbine Points or membership for any length of time. Or something like that.
Ah.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #276
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
My character now has a house- 3 Frothing Road, Góthbar, Thorin's Hall Homesteads.
It is a nice little house.

Nice and cozy.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:49 PM   #277
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Quote:

You guys can still pay maintenance though, nudgenudge.

Quote:
Congratumalations!

Old 01-08-2012, 07:14 AM   #278
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
It is a nice little house.

Nice and cozy.
It's not really properly furnished yet. But thanks.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #279
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

I have stocked-up our kinship-house chest with some pipeweed. Just saying.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #280
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

It's some goooooooood stuff, maaaaaaaan. Gabiluzbad and Derndwimmer dressed up in orcish gear and high-fived each other's faces before obscuring the entire house in smoke.

All that needs to be done is to obtain some "golf fire"(heh) and then.....then it's proper foreteen twenty all up in hyah.