The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-23-2003, 08:21 PM   #1
Firondoiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Firondoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Preview of the Preview

Click <A HREF="http://warofthering.net/ttdvd_rotk.mov" TARGET=_blank>here</A> to see a "preview" of the 10 minute ROTK trailer. It's just too hard to wait.
"Forth, and fear no darkness. Arise. Arise, Riders of Théoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"
Firondoiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 09:07 PM   #2
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arwen Eruantale has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Eruantale
Silmaril

<B><I>Thank you so much, Firondoiel!</I></B><BR> <BR>I got no sound, but the images themselves were enough...*sigh* <I>I cannnot wait.</I> <P><I><B>Frodo Lives!</B></I> <I>Revive the slogan!</I>

Will you pay attention?
Arwen Eruantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 09:26 PM   #3
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

Either mine's not working at all, or it's just taking a very long time... I'm pretty sure it'll load soon though... so thanks for sharing ahead of time! ^_^<P><I>Frodo most certainly <B>does</B> live!</I>
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 11:30 PM   #4
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Here we go. I'm waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...<P>Goodnes s! The last bit of that was the same as the one I already have, but the interviews were new. *laughs insanely*<BR>Can't wait!
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 08:26 AM   #5
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm downloading it now. I already have the TTT dvd, and the full 10 minute preview is very good, but now I actually don't look forward to Rotk for any reason other than Denethor (the extended TTT preview is *gorgeous*. It gives great insight into the Faramir/Denethor relationship.). To me, the battle of Pelennor is very much overrated. So far I don't feel it is going to be that spectacular. But it is probably just me.
Old 08-24-2003, 11:31 AM   #6
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arwen Eruantale has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Eruantale
Silmaril

Got it with sound today... Much better... *sigh* <I>Still can't wait...</I> <P><B>Frodo Lives!</B>

Will you pay attention?
Arwen Eruantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 01:51 PM   #7
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

YES!!!!!!!!!!! It works!!!! OMG its aweosme!!!!!!!!!! How the heck did you come across that!!!?? I love it, thanks millions!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2003, 04:46 PM   #8
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I guess this can be catagorized as spoilerish speculation.<P>There's a shot of Barad-dur with what I can only assume is an orc running up the steps. Why I find this interesting is that it smacks to me of an establishing shot, which likely means the next shot could be inside.<P>I think this adds a little weight to there being a physical Sauron in this movie.<P>Edited to add:<P>The shot of Merry riding with the Rohirrim is also interesting as he definately seems to be on his own horse (I guess that Entdraught may be a little more powerfull than we thought). This seems to indicate that Merry rides alone and not with Dernhelm. It also seems he's not riding in secret.<P>H.C.<p>[ August 24, 2003: Message edited by: HCIsland ]
Old 08-24-2003, 05:44 PM   #9
Lord of Angmar
Tyrannus Incorporalis

Lord of Angmar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The preview was phenomenal. I cannot wait to see the movie. I like how dark and gloomy they have made it all seem.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:22 PM   #10
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<BR>That is so ausome! I can't wait for RotK.<P>I love when Pippin asks if there's hope for Frodo and Sam. It's straight from the book and his face is so perfect. I think that Merry and Pippin will be one of the things I look forward to the most.<P>*goes to watch the trailor again*<p>[ August 25, 2003: Message edited by: Rose Cotton ]
Old 08-25-2003, 01:55 PM   #11
Firondoiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Firondoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Everyone is quite welcome!!!! Always glad to share with other obsessed Tolkien fans. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> How the heck did you come across that<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It was on warofthering.net. Don't ask me how they got it. TORN doesn't even have I don't think.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> There's a shot of Barad-dur with what I can only assume is an orc running up the steps. QUOTE]<P>I thought that was Sam. It sure looked like him to me. Possibly him entering Cirith Ungol?<P>[QUOTE] This seems to indicate that Merry rides alone and not with Dernhelm. It also seems he's not riding in secret. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> This adds support to the rumor I heard that Merry will not be asissting in the slaying of the Witch King!!!!!!!
"Forth, and fear no darkness. Arise. Arise, Riders of Théoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"
Firondoiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 02:12 PM   #12
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I thought that was Sam. It sure looked like him to me. Possibly him entering Cirith Ungol? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Now that you mention it, and looking over the preview again, I think you're right. I don't think the tower is big enough to be Barad-dur.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> This adds support to the rumor I heard that Merry will not be asissting in the slaying of the Witch King!!!!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Eek, where did you here that? I always assumed the whole reason why Merry received the elven dagger from Galadriel (instead of a belt) was to set up his attack on the Witch King.<P>H.C.
Old 08-25-2003, 02:26 PM   #13
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

I loved it! I should watch it again! Thank you very much for the link! But one question: When Aragorn says "He has gone unchallenged long enough", he is talking to someone with long, light blond hair and ears that appear to be pointed. We only see the back of this person's head, so my question is, who is this person? It does not appear to be Eowyn.

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 02:37 PM   #14
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

I seems to be Gandalf to me. My guess: they are discussing the use of the Palantir to challenge Sauron. A previous rumour has this occuring after Pelennor Fields, not before the Paths of the Dead.<P>H.C.
Old 08-25-2003, 06:12 PM   #15
The Elusive Spirit
Haunting Spirit

The Elusive Spirit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It took for ever to load on my stupid computer but it looks interesting. Very emotional. I admit after seeing it I'm a little nervous about what was added or removed. Can't wait!
The fresh and boundless wood,
And torrents dashed, and rivlets played,
And fountains spouted in the shade.
-Bryant
The Elusive Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 03:18 PM   #16
Failivrin
Wight

Failivrin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

well it looked to be in better order than TTT but i am still mad that PJ cut the scouring of the shire.<P>i shall look forward to aragorn most because i think he is the one who has interpreted a major character best