The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2007, 10:01 AM   #41
Meriadoc1961
Wight

Meriadoc1961 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"What about second breakfast?" is what my wife and I say quite a lot.

My little kids used to go around saying in their best Gollum impersonations, "My precioussss!" I haven't heard that one in a while.

It seems that there have been others, but I can not remember them right now.

Merry
Old 11-05-2007, 02:36 PM   #42
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I saw FOTR a few times but only saw the others in the cinema and flicked through the extended editions before losing custody of them to my dear god daughter so few quotes have seeped into my vocabulary (I might mutter they have a cave troll if a bad situation suddenly gets worse but that is about it)... however I visited Stirling Castle with my god daughter last week and I am rather tall and she is a self confessed midget so as she peered over the battlements I couldn't resist a

"Would you like me to describe it to you or shall I fetch you a box?"

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:41 PM   #43
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
"Would you like me to describe it to you or shall I fetch you a box?"
Cute, and hopefully she took no more offense that did Gimli.

Quote:
(I might mutter they have a cave troll if a bad situation suddenly gets worse but that is about it)
I could see using this when certain company comes to the door dragging behind them one poorly-behaved and somewhat destructive child...
Old 11-05-2007, 02:58 PM   #44
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I can't actually remember Gimli's reaction but I don't suppose it was the filthy look that is the speciality of teenage girls... but we do have a good relationship and I gave her a hug and a "sorry couldn't resist ...." ..and she does have my Extended editions, my FOTR soundtrack album and access to my handbag and jewellery collections ... she knows which side her bread is buttered

I like the application of the cave troll quote .... I classify children in to two main categories - those who make me feel extremely broody and those who make me realise that childlessness is not the worst case scenario .... cf Shriver's "We need to talk about Kevin"

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:43 PM   #45
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
she knows which side her bread is buttered
And seemingly that butter's not been scraped over too much toast.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:55 PM   #46
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
There must be more than a few LOTR fans in my church. We have a wing in which the basement is about 6 feet higer than the basement of the rest of the facility. It is called "Middle Earth".

And our sound system console has a sign by the button that turns off the entire system without damaging or ruining anything. The sign says, "The One Button To Rule Them All - press this button and no other to turn off the system safely". Just made me laugh when I noticed it this past week.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #47
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The other day I was sitting in the school cafeteria minding my own business when a group of girls came by, loudly discussing jewelry. They almost passed by me when one of them said: "I have it in my pocket!"

(<-- that was pretty much my first reaction. )

Not exactly the quote, but pretty close.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:33 AM   #48
xMellrynxMaidenx
Wight

xMellrynxMaidenx has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via MSN to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Yahoo to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Skype™ to xMellrynxMaidenx
Silmaril

I have a few that I use on a regular basis.

If we're -my friends and I- are out and about driving around, and we happen to be in behind a few slow cars; I always like to shout, "Fly, you fools!"

The most common amongst us all of course, is the, "You Shall Not Pass!" phrase which I like to imitate -as best I can - Ian McKellan when I see a
'No Passing Zone' sign and nearly cause us to wreck.

Whenever I'm frustrated with something or someone I say, "Go back to the abyss.." or was it shadow in the movie? I can't remember.

I like to call our bridge the 'Bridge of Khazad-Dum'. So whenever we're leaving to go somewhere I always say, "To the bridge of Khazad-Dum." in Ian McKellan's epic voice. I fail miserably at trying to imitate him

The other one I use frequently is whenever someone asks me where I'm going, I always say, "I'm taking the hobbits to Isengard!"

The Poe-Tay-Toes has become the only word I will use when speaking of taters now; and it HAS to be said the way Sam says it or it loses it's appeal.
~|And all will turn, to silver glass. A light on the water, Grey ships pass, Into the West. |~ "Few now remember them...yet still some go wandering, sons of forgotten kings walking in loneliness, guarding from evil things folks that are heedless."
xMellrynxMaidenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #49
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Aside from "You cannot/ (shall not) pass" and "my preciousss" that almost everyone's using, I also remember saying "Nasssty, mean, sstupid hobbit/girl/boy/person/whatever!"