The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2002, 05:48 PM   #201
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Fave book: ... To Dance at The Palais Royale
Yes! That's a great book! I met the author (Janet McNaughten) at a writing workshop last May (she taught one of the workshops I went to). She's so cool!
Quote:
Any Calvin and Hobbes book
Who doesn't love Calvin and Hobbes? In my opinion, it's the greatest cartoon strip ever created (I love Foxtrot, too)!
Wow, Isilya, your list of books brought back some memories.... For example, my best friend had The Tatooed Potato and Other Mysteries from the library, and she lost it. She found it a month and a half later under her bed. I also remember reading Julius Caesar and thinking how silly Shakespeare was: If someone is drowning they can't call for help for two pages! They'd be dead by then! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 06:19 AM   #202
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Sting

Calvin and Hobbes? what's that, never heard of it (indeed never did) [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 07:01 AM   #203
Dúnethalath Taurendor
Pile O'Bones

Dúnethalath Taurendor has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Well, I'm basically no more then a tolkienfan, rpg/fantasyfan, musician, writer/poet.

So, I play the clarinaet and guitar, I write poetry and stories (fantasy), I play warhammer, magic, inquisitor and mordheim. I like Tolkienbooks, yes you could say I'm a fan. I like the muppets, and a hell of a lot of bands.
Old 11-16-2002, 03:32 AM   #204
Gwaihir the Windlord
Essence of Darkness

Gwaihir the Windlord has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

How about... 'back, you nosy devils'...

Aha, I see. You don't know the phrase 'nosy' in the US?
Gwaihir the Windlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 03:35 AM   #205
Gwaihir the Windlord
Essence of Darkness

Sting

Hmmm... so are people in here whose favourite book is not by Tolkien? I see. Well I want them caught and shot directly. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2002, 02:18 PM   #206
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

hey, back you nosy devils...that works! (to be sure, tis a great word.)

"I want them caught and shot immediately."

*gulp* erm, Ive gotta go...over...here...now...*runs away very fast*
Old 11-18-2002, 04:21 AM   #207
Gwaihir the Windlord
Essence of Darkness

Sting

Most displeasing.
Old 11-18-2002, 06:37 AM   #208
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

I have many favorite books. But LOTR is of course the favoritist favorite of them all. And it has transcended bookdom. It's more of a lifestyle.
Old 11-18-2002, 07:23 AM   #209
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Sting

Quote:
It's more of a lifestyle
..and what a life it is to live...
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 02:32 PM   #210
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

name: meela
future aspirations: to publish everything i write and to travel
goal in life: to be me
short term goals: to finish my book (call me bilbo!)
Passion: writing, creating
hobbies: writing, ranging
famous for: being the most annoying person ever, for being too thin

Fave book: Lotr/harry potter/the Chronicles of Varra
fave movie: the patriot
fave sport: dwarf-tossing
fave store: -
fave music: various

what you cant stand: radical feminists/tobacco smoke making contact with my face
what you plain dislike: ditto, dogs, bad tv
who you admire: faramir, oscar wilde
what you most love to do: range, fight, write, read, think, come on this site
your self-confessed flaws: too plain weird, cannot work to save my life
what intrigues/fascinates you: tolkien's mind
what scares you: death, the dark
quotation to live by: ive got about 10 million, so i wont attempt to pick just one, or put them all down!

additional comments: check out my fan fic [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
(i go by Bug- you'll recognise it)
Old 12-18-2002, 09:06 PM   #211
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

name: Matt
age: old enough to know better, young enough not to care
future aspirations: to become the ruler of the world, and then write a book about my experiences
goal in life: don't worry, be happy
short term goals: get into some decent college, become a better guitar player
Passion: writing, talking, women, singing, playing guitar
hobbies: women, writing, women, rugby, singing,women, reading, playing guitar
famous for: being completely and absolutely insane, my curly hobbit hair, playing guitar and singing (with or without a band, and writing poems and haiku about killer bees and reading them to English classes

Fave book(s): anything Tolkien, Contact, C & H strips, Ender's game series
Fave movie: FotR, Monty Python, National Lampoon's Van Wilder
fave sport: Rugby!
fave store: The Bookshelf
fave music: Rock, Alternative Metal, Metal, Hard Rock, Punk, Ska

what you cant stand: my parents (fools of Tooks), girlz playing with my hair through class (drives me insane), overly serious people
what you plain dislike: My parents
who you admire: Tolkien, Carl Sagan, Einstein, Van Wilder (not in that order)
what you most love to do: surf the internet, write, read, ponder, women (especially)
your self-confessed flaws: procrastination, accurate self assesment
what intrigues/fascinates you: everything around me
what scares you: living without loving
quotation to live by: Sanity is not for me -me

additional comments: *looks around* I love this place...

[ January 18, 2003: Message edited by: Beren87 ]
Beren87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 09:44 PM   #212
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Name (that you go by): Deana
Future Aspirations: I really want to get into Duke University to study to become a marine biologist, but I doubt I will be able to. So, right now my plans are to go to college somewhere in Florida and major in Marine Biology and possible if that doesn't work out to study to become a Computer Animator. (Of course, on the other side, I am going to continue on my own studying the works and life of Tolkien.
Goal in life: To find secure happiness and find a place where I feel I belong
Short term goals: Graduate highschool in the top 10 of my class. (Valedictorian is definitly out of the question.) Get a starting position on my softball team this spring. Make Varsity Cheerleading at my school. Finish the ultimate picture I have been wanting to draw for ages now.
Passion: Lord of the Rings, solitude, fantasy, exploring other worlds, dreaming of the great beyond.
Hobbies: Drawing, softball, cheering, writing songs, poems, stories, (hopefully my book whenever I get it finished.)
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Drawing and making a fool out of myself at school. (Mostly the second one.) But the picture I entered into our fine arts last year won first place. It scored 3 points from a perfect score. I won first place and second place the year before, and have been doing about the same since 3rd grade.

Fave book: The Lord of the Rings-J.R.R. Tolkien, Out of the Silent Planet-C.S. Lewis
Fave movie: LOTR, The Goonies, Pearl Harbor, A Knight's Tale
Fave sport: Softball
Fave store: Barns and Nobles. I love that store. Lol. (I wonder why.)
Fave music: Contemporary Christian. (Mostly Steven Curtis Chapmen, Plus One, and Phat Chance.)

What you can't stand: People who make fun of you and hate you because they don't understand you---because you're different.
What you plain dislike: Potatoes. I cannot stand any kind of potatoes. (I don't even like most french fries.)
Who you admire: My friend Megan Scott. She is absolutely fine with who she is and she don't care what others think about her. She is always so content. I wish I could have that contentment.
What you most love to do: Dream of other worlds and think of what would happen if...
Your self-confessed flaws: Not very trusting of other people, tend to see the bad in alot of things, people say I daydream too much. (Yeah, right.)
What intrigues/fascinates you: The stars. I am just fascinated with the stars. It is amazing how such beautiful things to be up there and we don't even know exactly what they are. I mean, they are so far away they just leave a huge blank spot in your mind. There is so much mystery to them. It's fantastic.
What scares you: Spiders, Snakes, and Bees. That is all. Just those 3. Seriously.
Quotation to live by: "Don't think of what has been done before. Think of what you can do and achieve that dream." (I kinda just now came up with that one on my own. Lol.)

Additional comments: Most people don't understand me. They say I'm just stupid because they don't get what I mean when I say something. I just say this..."My mind is perilous journey of its own. To walk that journey would be the death of you." (They usually don't get that either. I just mean that sometimes I can be very deep about things. You have to listen carefully to what I say and not take it into context or you will be completely lost forever.)

Ok, I've said my thing. That is all there is to me really. Boring, huh. Yeah, I know.

[ December 19, 2002: Message edited by: Eruwen ]

[ December 31, 2002: Message edited by: Eruwen ]
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 10:32 PM   #213
Beren87

Sting

TATERS! Pooo-tat-oes!

Not even with fish and chips my prrrecciouss?
Old 12-19-2002, 07:45 AM   #214
arelendil
Wight

arelendil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Name (that you go by): Elwen, or that mad elf maid (that's my friends) My little elven maid(that's my dad)or just plain margaret, maggie, marge or anything else!(that's if anyone play attention to me which they don't!!
Occupation: student (damn GCSE's, what happen to elvish that's important too!)
Future Aspirations: To be able to speak elvish, to go to oxford, Exeter collage(that's where tolkien worked and my dad went)
Goal in life: To find MY Legolas and be remembered for something! To join the Tolkien Society And when I die to have people sing elvish around my mound(i don't want a grave), probably Namarie or the story of my life!
Short term goals: To go to Oxonmoot and meet people that understand me!
Passion: LOTR especially Elves, and Textiles - the best lesson for making LOTR dresses and reading LOTR stating that its research!
Hobbies: Swimming, learning elvish, reading, Duke of Edinburgh, learning tree names, stars, the barrowdowns(that's a big one) and archery
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself):Umm..being abit mad, hence the name and being the only LOTR fan in school. Having wierd thoughts 24/7! Like making up little worlds on top of rugby goal posts. Being able to eat constantly and still stay elven slim, it's being happy and mad that keeps you silm!(my friends hate me)
Fave book: The Silmarillion, and my Tolkien encyclopedia
Fave movie: LOTR - all of them especially the cartoon(that's too funny)
Fave sport: swimming, Archery
Fave store: Huh - Ummm...Books etc in Wimbledon!
Fave music: whatever happens to be on the radio. Thinks that confuse everyone else, like elven songs, my parents don't get that!
What you can't stand:People that say LOTR is a boys book,excuse me there are woman in the book who play vital roles! the stupid teen mags that have reviews on LOTR and have told the readers its boring but see it cause the guys are fit(can they be any more shallow, giving us teens a bad image!)People that say the only woman in LOTR are Galadriel, Eowyn and Arwen, whats wrong with Goldberry, and other elves that aren't given names, Rosie, and other hobbit women!
What you plain dislike: stupid can't act HP kids! People that stand in the middle of a shop and won't move or who walk everywhere really slowly.
Who you admire:Tolkien, do they have to be real - many elves in the silm like Luthien Tinuviel and other imaginary people that I hang around with! Myself can I say that, OHH and everyone on the BD cause they're always so helpful and nice!
What you most love to do: sit in my room, soundtrack blasting, surrounded with elven dictionaries and play with my LOTR figures while reading HoME. OR walking through woods and telling everyone I can find all the different names. waving at cars when I'm lost on Duke of edinburgh!
Your self-confessed flaws: I scare just about everyone I know, I throw myself into things to quickly and get really cross when no one else does. I seem to have lost the ability to care about school work(which scares me)
What intrigues/fascinates you: People, the way they are. Elves and my friends (who are totally backwards)
What scares you: Myself, Cars (horses are much better) people who judge things at the drop of a hat!
Quotation to live by: "Find your own drum set, drummers with a purpose are hard to come by and often lead in circles!" Not really a quote more just being me, I don't follow anyone so can't have a quote!
Additional comments: umm I don't really know what to write here! I have a saying with my friends that if I'm not scaring them I'm probably boring them! I hope I've done neither here! And of course Merin se haryalle alasse or in english, I wish you happiness

[ December 19, 2002: Message edited by: arelendil ]
Old 12-20-2002, 09:17 AM   #215
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Sorry, Beren, but nope. I don't. Lol. I guess it's just one of those strange features about me that even I don't understand.
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 11:07 AM   #216
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Okay this is gonna be pathetic but here goes.

Name (that you go by):Andr?(my real name) Helkahothion(or the shortend version Helk)or Anuion
Future Aspirations:Become a soldier in the miletary.
Goal in life:hmm till now just look above.
Short term goals:become a gost prince of Cardolan
Passion:LOTR, Elf's, weapons and Handball.
Hobbies:see above.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself):Hmm tough one, but here goes: I have a big temper and get angry at people very fast. My likings of people: I only have to look at you for a minute and I have judget you. I look you or I don't. I'm very curious.

Fave book:Lotr
Fave movie:Lotr Fotr, Braveheart, the story of Joan of Arc. (Hmmm beginning to see a pattern here)
Fave sport:Handball
Fave store:Scr*w store's, MARKET'S RULE.
Fave music:I don't have a fav. style, It's the song that I like.

What you can't stand:Racist's and Gay hater's.
What you plain dislike [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]h that's easy: you,you,you,you,you,you,you,you and you.
*points at several person's he higly disslikes.(These are not BDers)
Who you admire:Orlando Bloom(Hmm maybe that's just because I have a chrusch on him but I don't care. Mel Gibson, J.R.R. Tolkien and PJ.
What you most love to do:Scr*w around at the Barrow Downs ,play Handball ,internet(mainly MSN) and hanging out with friends.
Your self-confessed flaws:Curious, stubborn, big temper and some times very lazy.
What intrigues/fascinates you:Elves, ancient fighting art's and everything spritual.
What scares you:Horror movies: there laim.
Quotation to live by:I life accordingto a life rule law:Anuion's law.
Anuion's law rule nr.1 [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]on't think if you don't get payd for it.

Additional comments:hmm I like cucumbertrees.(Just kidding)
________
COLORADO DISPENSARY

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 02:14 AM.
Helkahothion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 09:52 PM   #217
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Ooh la la, Beren, I always liked curly hair.

Eruwen-I go to Duke, if you ever want to chat about it, PM me.

Helk, I guess we should all attempt to be very docile around you, lest you fly off the handle. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2003, 10:10 PM   #218
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Helk:
Quote:
What scares you:Horror movies: there laim.
Horror movies are not lame. They're fun. And Pinhead is hot! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2003, 10:33 PM   #219
Marsyas
Animated Skeleton

Marsyas has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Name (that you go by):Melissa
Future Aspirations:I'd like to finish HS, go to college @ Stanford University and become a linguist/psychologist
Goal in life:be happy, start a successful family and travel all over
Short term goals:do well in school and keep a bit of sanity in my life
Passion: Acting, speaking, arguing, writing when I have time
Hobbies:reading, writing poetry, dreaming, hanging out with friends
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Everyone one know's me for being the brainy one of the group, for getting good grades and for generally giving good advice.

Fave book:I couldn't possibly choose a favorite. I've read too many
Fave movie:FotR @the moment
Fave sport:N/A
Fave store:American Eagle
Fave music [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]epends on my mood and what I'm doing

What you can't stand:stupid people
What you plain dislike:stupidity
Who you admire:grace and someone who can carry themselves well
What you most love to do: Be with my friends
Your self-confessed flaws:I'm terribly impatient and a complete perfectionist
What intrigues/fascinates you:History, other cultures, people.
What scares you:life-long solitude
Quotation to live by:How to do anything: Carefully with lots of skill.
Marsyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 12:36 AM   #220
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

OK, so here it goes

Name (that you go by):Ashley (I have never been a fan of nicknames)
Occupation: Student in high school, Junior (only one year to go, yeah!) Maybe I will go out and try to get a job, but I have not had the need for it now.
Future Aspirations: Go to college (where to go, undecided, but I am considering Washington State University, or University of Nevada at Las Vegas, or any college that will accept me), major in business and Interior Design or become a lawyer
Goal in life: Be comfortable, wealthy, own a great shoe and clothing collection, own a Mercedes Benz 500 E-class sedan. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Short term goals: Get through high school successfully, join tennis team (Instead I joined Track, tennis was stupid), and keep from getting a terrible grade in chemistry. Get a good grade on my SAT.
Passion: clothing, LOTR, design, anything artistic
Hobbies: Going on the Internet, shopping, cooking (desserts only though, my mother asks me "why can't you make dinner")
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Nothing right now, just being a great person, involved in some clubs, the biggest LOTR fan in my school (truely, I wear my elven brooch at school so they know I am a fan)

Fave book: I have too many to choose, my favorite of LOTR is The Two Towers, and a lot of historical fiction novels.
Fave movie: Such a hard question (thinking ...) Duh! Fellowship of the Ring !, and Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Best in Show, Austin Powers, Wayne's World, Robin Hood: Men in tights
Fave sport: Tennis, running, walking
Fave store: Nordstroms, J Crew, anyplace with a great selection of clothing, another favorite store is Barnes and Noble, such a great place, also any place that sells furnature and home stuff, I just love shopping!
Fave music: I enjoy calming music, I like Sting, and U2 are good.

What you can't stand: School European group trips, cliques.
What you plain dislike: School European group trips, coffee
Who you admire: My parents
What you most love to do: travel (but not on School European group trips) I love especially to travel across the United States on Car trips, those are the best
Your self-confessed flaws: I can be annoying, obsessive, I want everything to be perfect, I am kind of a loner, I don't seem to get along with anyone at my school
What intrigues/fascinates you: The universe, the meaning of life ? History, I love history, government, Art (it is amazing what people can create with their own hands)
What scares you: Blood (that is why I cannot become a doctor) nuclear waste, nuclear war, haunted houses, and things that jump in the night.
Quotation to live by: Just Do it ! (I cannot figure out one now)

Additional comments: I tend to not like being with people my own age (I like people who talk about intelligent things), I am very mature for my age (well not too mature, but I just never seem to get along very well with people my own age. I always start talking to their parents) [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

[ March 15, 2003: Message edited by: Gorwingel ]
Old 01-02-2003, 10:18 AM   #221
Elven-Maiden
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elven-Maiden has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): Breanne
Future Aspirations: writer
Goal in life: get to Heaven
Short term goals: graduate from high school
Passion: reading, acting
Hobbies: knitting, tatting, acting, reading, learning about LotR
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): my always well-manicured nails

Fave book: lol, it changes from day to day! But OK, Don Quixote by Cervantes. I just finished reading Tregaron's Daughter, by Madeleiene Brent. Read it, you won't regret it!
Fave movie: Star Wars
Fave sport: Field hockey
Fave store: Reitman's
Fave music: soundtracks

What you can't stand: i don't know....
What you plain dislike: people who treat their friends like trash
Who you admire: Anyone who has the courage to follow their hearts and not lose their morals
What you most love to do: lots of stuff, any of my above-mentioned hobbies
Your self-confessed flaws: I don't like admitting when I'm wrong
What intrigues/fascinates you: looking at knitted sweaters and seeing if I could do it. I just learned to knit this summer, and it's loads of fun!
What scares you: that look that guys get when you know they're thinking about more than the conversation at hand
Quotation to live by: "All that is gold does not glitter...:

Additional comments: Good topic idea, Jessica Jade! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Mobilis in Mobile
Elven-Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 10:40 AM   #222
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Sting

Quote:
learning tree names, stars
Hey, learning tree names are becoming a concern for me---talk about loving nature and NOT knowing the name of all the trees in our backyard! I learned costellation names---well, at least of Gemini (my sign), Orion (hello) and Canis Major...still gotta learn
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 10:52 AM   #223
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hi everybody,

Lush [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]on't worry most of the time I can overcome my evil side. It's like a Gollum inside of me. (Just kidding)
But seriously It's not that I will bomb you with virusses (a lot) [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Maik:You dirty B*atch wou will find a virus in your inbox soon enough you can count on that. How dare you go against me!!?? [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] (Just kidding folks)

Greetings,

Anuion
________
Suzuki xl7

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 02:14 AM.
Old 01-02-2003, 05:05 PM   #224
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Name (that you go by): Mary
Occupation: I work in a library and write stories (though not fanfic) constantly...hey, one of these days one might get printed, you never know.
Future Aspirations: Be a fulltime published author, have children, travel to a lot of out-of-the-way countries.
Goal in life: Um...see above.
Short term goals: Finish my current 18,000 word behemoth of a story and see if I can arrange a trip to Eastern Europe this summer.
Passion: Language and syntax (English and other languages)
Hobbies: Reading history books, websurfing, collecting old books and language textbooks (currently ploughing through Sweet's Anglo-Saxon Primer and not really getting all of it).
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): This is actually kind of sad, but in college I was the person everyone took their papers to for proofreading and editing.

Fave book: LOTR, of course. But there are a lot of favorites; the current co-favorite is "Kristin Lavransdatter" by Sigrid Undset (the new translation, not the old, horrible, "Ho varlet, fain I would see thee in sooth" one).
Fave movie: Again, lots of them. Besides the PJ movies, I'd say that the absolute top ones would be "To Live" and "Raise the Red Lantern" both with Gong Li.
Fave sport: Baseball. I'm a casual fan, though.
Fave store: Any antique bookstore.
Fave music: Pretty much anything that isn't either (a) hair-curlingly saccharine or (b) so bass-intensive that I can feel the walls pulsing.

What you can't stand: People who nurse grudges for decades.
What you plain dislike: This will sound odd, but the answer is - my husband's grandmother. A gracious Virginia bluebood who will try to make your life miserable if you don't instantly obey every Diktat from on high regarding clothing colors, thank-you notes, etc.
Who you admire: My husband [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. The patience of a saint and the skill of a genius.
What you most love to do: Write!
Your self-confessed flaws: Talkative, and I tend to be lazy. Really have to push myself to avoid procrastination.
What intrigues/fascinates you: Pretty much anything to do with grammar.
What scares you: Flying. I love traveling but the flying part terrifies me.
Quotation to live by: Scorn pain. Either it will go away or you will.

Additional comments: Hmm...that's about enough for now, I'd say.
Old 01-02-2003, 05:40 PM   #225
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

Well, heres me. I don't remember if I posted one of these before but if I did, lets just call it a new and improved me. Anyways...

Name (that you go by): Chelsea or Faye is fine
Future Aspirations: Be in movies
Goal in life: Be the best person I can be
Short term goals: Get the part for Helena in the Shakespeare play
Passion: Music, and boys.
Hobbies:Computers, video games, shopping, reading, acting, writing, drawing, boys, music, and some other stuff.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Helping friends through hard times or just being there to help. (Need advice? Come to me. LoL)

Fave book: LotR, Harry Potter (now your all gonna kill me).
Fave movie: LotR, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Nightmare Before Christmas, Goldmember, and Moulin Rouge.
Fave sport: Football and erm...Cheer. (blush)
Fave store: Hot Topic, and Borders.
Fave music: Heavy Metal, Rock, Metal, Classical Rock, etc.

What you can't stand: Spiders and Balloons
What you plain dislike: see above
Who you admire: Collette, JRR Tolkien, and John (this guy who is trying to save a 400 year old tree that the city is trying to cut down. He has been up in there for over 2 months now.)
What you most love to do: Go online, Role Play, Read, and go to movies with friends, and shop. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Your self-confessed flaws:I umm, shop lifted when I was 8. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Nothing big though.
What intrigues/fascinates you: Everything around me.
What scares you: Spiders, balloons, and not being loved.
Quotation to live by:

Additional comments:*hugs everyone*
Faye Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 06:22 PM   #226
Maeglin
Wight

Maeglin has just left Hobbiton.
Hey! Never seen this one of sum reason.Well, have to try this out ofcourse. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Name (that you go by): Jacob, amazingly I go by that, yes.
Future Aspirations: oh, make a few movies, write a few books... you know. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Goal in life: About the same.
Short term goals: Have a cup of tea.
Passion: I'm not gonna reveal myself totally. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Hobbies: Making new songs that I forget about next day.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Be able to sing, write a letter, read todays newspaper and brush my teeth at the same time.

Fave book: Undoubtfully "A Hobbit".
Fave movie: Must be "workers leaving the factory" by August and Louise Lumieré.
Fave sport: You know, the one where evrybody is chasing a ball on a huge grass-field.
Fave store: The one that's closest to me.
Fave music: Unanswerable. I like evrything except, dance, techno and rave. YICK! :P

What you can't stand: When people of some reason decides that my highly important talking is something that you rather should ignore. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
What you plain dislike: People who can't tell the difference between Sauron and Saruman.
Who you admire: My friends for not killing me.
What you most love to do: Take a deep breath and pretend I'm taking a deep breath. hehe. Can't tell, really.
Your self-confessed flaws: I'm no good at iceskating.
What intrigues/fascinates you: I'd rather not get too curiouse about stuff.
What scares you: Computer-viruses.
Quotation to live by:
Be happy, or elsewhy someone else might.
Additional comments: I s*ck at this kind of stuff. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ January 02, 2003: Message edited by: Maeglin ]
Old 01-02-2003, 06:26 PM   #227
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Name (that you go by): I go by many names, those my own and those that are given to me.

Future Aspirations: Unknown

Goal in life: Unknown

Short term goals: Complete Duke of Edinburgh Award through Gold Level before leaving college

Passion(s):Reading, writing (stories and poetry), painting, drawing...

Hobbies: As above

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Questionning everything and confusing others (something to brag about?)

Fave book: Of 8 years, LotR, of recent, The vampire chronicles and Shakespeare!

Fave movie(s): Star Wars (originals), Indianna Jones, James Bond, Interview with the Vampire, X-Files and of course both Lotr
(generally anything Sci-Fi or fantasy plus classic action/adventure)

Fave sport: Formula 1 Racing

Fave store: I can't say I shop that often-probably Waterstones or Watkin's

Fave music: Rock & Indie

What you can't stand: Willful Ignorance

What you plain dislike: Stereotypes

Who you admire:

What you most love to do: Read and write

Your self-confessed flaws: Untrusting, stubborn, closed...

What intrigues/fascinates you: Imagination

What scares you: The fact I may not be real and everything I believe in is a lie

Quotation to live by: I live day by day, not by others opinions and experiences

Additional comments:
Gorothlammothiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 04:29 AM   #228
Airerûthiel
Wight

Airerûthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): Laura
Future Aspirations: To be a published author and to get into Columbia College
Goal in life: To be happy
Short term goals: To pass my GCSEs
Passion: Writing and Tolkien's works! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Hobbies: Basketball, tae kwon do, writing, reading, collecting gemstones, watching movies
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Having notoriously good luck! I always won raffles up until I started high school, I've been on TV twice, I won a songwriting contest once, I appeared on local radio about two years ago

Fave book: Lord of the Rings/Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman/Maya Angelou's autobiographies
Fave movie: Lord of the Rings/Good Will Hunting/Shakespeare in Love/Spider-Man
Fave sport: Basketball and tae kwon do
Fave store: HMV and Waterstone's
Fave music: Avril Lavigne, The Calling, Puddle of Mudd, Coldplay, the Beatles, Toploader, Idlewild

What you can't stand: Narrow-minded people, and the cult of popularity that kills individuals
What you plain dislike: Brussels sprouts, teeny-bopper-ism, my friends falling out and asking me to pick a side
Who you admire: Nelson Mandela, Maya Angelou, my parents
What you most love to do: Write novels
Your self-confessed flaws: No self-confidence
What intrigues/fascinates you: Magical stuff
What scares you: People asking me nosy questions - dumb thing to be scared of I know but half the people that ask me that stuff would blab everything they knew about me to the entire school
Quotation to live by: It's in my sig! - 'Hope, compassion, and wisdom born of experience are...the mightiest weapons at hand.' - Viggo Mortensen

I love this one too: 'That's just the way it is / Some things will never change / That's just the way it is / But don't you believe them' - Bruce Hornsby and the Range, The Way It Is

Additional comments: If I had to describe myself in a word, I'd say unique. I'm not a particularly social person, but I wouldn't say I was a recluse either. I make my own world and my own personality. I definitly find myself an original person and although I'm incredibly flawed, there's no reason for any of us to change anything about ourselves (well, not unless it's something really really bad) - the little things make us what we are in the end.

[ January 04, 2003: Message edited by: Airerûthiel ]
Old 01-04-2003, 08:03 AM   #229
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hi everybody,

I would like to thank Jessica Jade for making this tread. It shure drop's another light on matters.

Thank you.

Greetings,

Anuion
________
Nevada Medical Marijuana

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 02:15 AM.
Old 01-10-2003, 09:27 PM   #230
Merri
Wight

Merri has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): Mira
Future Aspirations: To do anything that involves traveling
Goal in life: To be the best person I can possibly be
Short term goals: Get good grades to get into a good college
Passions: Classical music (especially Chopin, Debussy, Tchaikowsky, and Balakirev), playing piano, languages,cooking
Hobbies: Reading, writing, listening to music, talking about philosophy, singing, playing piano, etc.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Giving good advice, poking people(don't ask), being an ardent fan of classical music, arguing, asking too many questions, being short (5"2), playing piano
Fave book: Either The Great Gatsby or The Lord of the Rings
Fave movie: A Beautiful Mind
Fave sport: Fencing/figure skating
Fave store: Borders(Any bookstore, really)
Fave music: Take a wild guess. Yup, classical music
What you can't stand: ignorance, cruelty, screechy/repetitive noises, bad grammar, arrogance, rudeness, punk rock
What you plain dislike: repetitive noises and mean people and people who r plane stooopid 'n type LYke dis b/c dis is de coolest way toogo
Who you admire: Kofi Annan/Laura Bush
What you most love to do: Travel
Your self-confessed flaws: A bit of arrogance, too much impatience, impetuousness, and stubbornness
What intrigues/fascinates you: My type of philosophy- PM me if you're interested, I can't explain it in only a few sentences
What scares you: My ex-boyfriend, and a Latin teacher at my school [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Quotation to live by::
1)Advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill- J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings.
Additional comments: I heard a saying once that it's the quiet ones you gotta watch out for, and I think that's absolutely true. I'm the kind of person that you wouldn't notice if you passed me on the streets, but once you start getting to know me, you'd be surprised. Also, you could talk to me every day for ten years and you still wouldn't really know me.

[ January 26, 2003: Message edited by: Merri ]

[ January 27, 2003: Message edited by: Merri ]
Old 01-11-2003, 03:35 AM   #231
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

name: Gaby
future aspirations: to go live in Japan (rather than boring old England)
goal in life: to do what I want to do: be author, animater and Japanese
short term goals: Finsh my three unfinished books
Passion: website making, drawing (anime), writing, reading, daydreaming....
hobbies: website making, reading, writing, drawing, daydreaming...... (lol)
famous for: mistaking a pylon for the Eilfel Tower (apparently)
Fave book: LotR (obviously), Redwall, Silver Brumby, (loads more!)
fave movie: LotR (well what were you expecting?)
fave sport: swimming
fave store: -
fave music: whatever's on da radio!

what you cant stand: people who think they're better than you and cooler than you and then go and act all "Ew, mud!" when you play rugby.
what you plain dislike: ditto, rubbish stuff on tv, internet sites which are really rubbish and have bright colors (gives home made websites a bad name!)
who you admire: um..... Samwise
what you most love to do: fight, make my webby, come here, go on my forum...
your self-confessed flaws: LAZY! say everything that comes into head,
what intrigues/fascinates you: anime
what scares you: war
quotation to live by: um, not got one yet.

additional comments: GO TO MY WEBSITE AND FORUM (please!)
My WebbyMy Forum
Old 01-14-2003, 07:10 AM   #232
Balin999
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Balin999 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Balin999
Sting

Name (that you go by): Thomas

Future Aspirations: Want to be a journalist for a car-magazine (a very famous and highly-reputated-one)

Goal in life: Remain the person I am, keep contact with my friends, keep my sense of humour, be a more tolerant person. Not having to worry about my money.

Short term goals:

Passion: LotR

Hobbies: Reading, playing the guitar, snowboarding, driving my car.

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): My guitar playing (not really famous), being a good an honest friend and a good listener.

Fave book: Anything of Tolkien, I'm also interested in literature about the second world war.

Fave movie: Lots of movies

Fave sport: Snowboarding

Fave store: No money, no store.

Fave music: Death metal, Blues, Techno, Rap, Punkrock, Rock, Oldies......

What you can't stand: prejudice, superficiality, bad journalism, one-sidedness, people who accept everything as it is.

What you plain dislike: Skaters, Posers,....

Who you admire: People who die for their ideals and for their country.

What you most love to do: Sleep, hanging out with friends

Your self-confessed flaws: Intolerance (sometimes!)

What intrigues/fascinates you: the work of Tolkien

What scares you: That there are so many people that are obviously plain stupid.

Quotation to live by: Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the wise cannot see all ends." Gandalf the Grey

Additional comments:
Barrow Downs, the place that's keeping it real! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] (Thanks Ali G)

[ January 14, 2003: Message edited by: Balin999 ]

...The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, but conformity...

...Everything is possible, except to ski through a revolving door...
Balin999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 04:48 PM   #233
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Name: Sapphire (or Hey, you, with your nose in that LotR book!)
Future Aspirations: To be an author
Goal in life: See above
Short term goals: Finish the LotR fic I'm working on.
Passion: Reading, writing, Barrowdowns( [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ), listening to music, and rainy days.
Hobbies: Reading, writing, listening to music, surfing the Net, and...LotR!
Famous for: Um...... Well, I have a LotR fic posted at Fanfiction.net. And, at school, I'm known for wearing a cloak, instead of a coat. And I like spiders, and snakes.

Fave book: LotR, of course!!!
Fave movie: Ditto to above question. Eight Legged Freaks is a close second.
Fave sport: Don't have one.
Fave store: Knight's Legend (sells all sorts of nice fantasy stuff [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )
Fave music: LotR soundtrack, Enya, Yanni, and the Dark Mind soundtrack (that's the music for my story; just a bunch of songs my friend and I downloaded that really went with the story. Includes 3 Doors Down, Celine Dion, Journey, and Creed)

What you can't stand: People who swear, smoke, drink, hate LotR, or just plain act like total orcs
What you plain dislike: All the above
Who you admire: My dad, Tolkien, and The Barrow-Wight (in that order)
What you most love to do: Hang out with my friend and play Tomb Raider, and have "hobbit-talks" with my dad about my story
Your self-confessed flaws: a tendency to procrasitinate, and a tendency to never be serious
What intrigues/fascinates you: Rain, fog, spiders, and everything about LotR
What scares you: my little brother, and people who act too nice
Quotation to live by: Sanity is the trademark of a weak mind. also, I say if life give you a lemon, wing it right back and add some lemons of your own.

Additional comments: I love the Barrowdowns!!!!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2003, 05:28 PM   #234
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Name (that you go by): Summer
Occupation: Single mom, full-time student, and part-time server
Future Aspirations: I am going to be a clinical psychologist.
Goal in life: Learn, learn, and learn some more.
Short term goals: get into grad school
Passion: Jesus Christ
Hobbies: reading
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): I am a great mom (I have to be since there is only me); I have only one dimple (there is a story if you really want to know); I love to smile.

Fave book: Bible, LotR, Galilee
Fave movie: The Thorn Birds and FotR
Fave sport: Try and outrun my daughter to whatever it is she can poke or hurt herself with.
Fave store: Barns and Noble
Fave music: Contemporary Christian and classical

What you can't stand: lousy tippers
What you plain dislike: people who don't even try to learn
Who you admire: Jesus, my brother Joe
What you most love to do: walk across the country (I often have dreams of walking with the Fellowship.)
Your self-confessed flaws: No inner monologue; procrastination
What intrigues/fascinates you: I have a professor whose focus is forensic psychology...ooh.
What scares you: The thought of my child not being safe.
Quotation to live by:
'For God so loved the world, that he gave is only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.'

Additional comments: I'm having a blast here!
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2003, 06:27 PM   #235
Beren87

Sting

Faye, balloons, pooor girl, lol, you must be frightened a lot.

Merri, don't say arrogance, always say "accurate self-assesment"

Lush, I always liked women, so were even. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

[ January 17, 2003: Message edited by: Beren87 ]
Old 01-18-2003, 07:33 PM   #236
Merri
Wight

Merri has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I never say that because someone I can't stand uses it as an excuse for his arrogance/egotism/bastardliness [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2003, 03:56 AM   #237
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Gosh, all these people who posted on this topic are young, like me! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
It is cool learning about what you are all about
In response to one response: England, boring! I have been to England, it was great! I wanted to spend my entire 3 week European vacation there. (though you would probably think Washington State is great too)
Old 01-20-2003, 04:37 AM   #238
Artalwen
Haunting Spirit

Artalwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Artalwen
Sting

Name (that you go by): Brianna
Future Aspirations: violinist, actress*ya right i know...but still a dream*
Goal in life: to be happy
Short term goals: to find a good college
Passion: music
Hobbies: playing violin, reading, music!
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): playing violin in church...having my birthday be announced in front of everyone else in church!

Fave book: 'Jesus freaks' by dctalk
Fave movie: the others
Fave sport: volleyball/baseball
Fave store: borders!
Fave music: punk/rock/christian punk/rock

What you can't stand: my sister
What you plain dislike: a kid in my chem class...constantly talks.
Who you admire: my youth leader...he's awesome.
What you most love to do: play my violin
Your self-confessed flaws: violin-bragging stuff...lol. naw, um, i bite my nails...stupid me...and i love my hair. lol!
What intrigues/fascinates you: different aspects of life, from different people.
What scares you: dying
Quotation to live by: "Accomplish your dreams today, for tomorrow never actually comes."

Additional comments: i love this place! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
The flowering stars, on crowns they hung
The dragon fire, in twisted wire
They meshed the light of moon and sun."
-verse from a song found in 'The Hobbit'-
Artalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 03:15 PM   #239
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): Hilde Bracegirdle
Occupation: making order out of chaos and documenting it in 3-D( My employer calls it CAD drafting)
Future Aspirations: to get back to doing some artwork (That is what I hold my degree in)
Goal in life: To be content & be a good Mom
Short term goals: to be able to read for an hour each night without falling asleep
Passion: cookies
Hobbies: reading and lately haunting the Barrow Downs
Famous for: asking a lot of questions....
Fave book:Of course LoTR, Adam Bede, Mill on the Floss, Hitchhiker's Guide, anything by Herman Melville, Pilgrim at Tinker Creek,The Phantom Tollbooth.
Fave movie: Mission, Long Riders, Aguirre the Wrath of God, Das Boot, Babette's Feast, Raizing Arizona, Spiderman
Fave sport: Uh Yeah....Hmm, maybe stomping around in the woods
Fave music: Obsolute favourite is YES but also enjoy Leo Kottke, early Clannad, Liquid Tension Experiement, Loreena Mckennitt, Cocteau Twins, Willie & Lobo, Arlo Guthrie,
Steeleye Span, Squirrel Nut Zippers, Enya, Apocalypticia, Brahms, Bach, Puchini etc, etc......eclectic

Does anybody have any insight on Glass Hammer?

What you can't stand: Nihilism & typing
What you plain dislike: modern day orcs & mercenary behavoir
Who you admire: I don't know...how about the old Marvel character ROM the cyborg space knight! Anybody old enough to remember him?
What you most love to do: Long talks with good friends or family
Your self-confessed flaws:the need to recharge frequently
What intrigues/fascinates you: Beauty & excellence
What scares you: Ticks

Quotation to live by: I don’t live by any in particular but appreciate quite a few:

Come now, solemnest feast on the road to eternal freedom,
Death, and destroy those fetters that bow, those walls that imprison
This our transient life, these souls that linger in darkness,
So that at last we see what is here withheld from our vision.
Long did we seek you, freedom, in discipline, action and suffering.
Now that we die, in the face of God himself we behold you. -Dietrich Bonhoeffer

“I fell in love with the idea that what you look for your whole life will eventually eat you alive." –Laurie Anderson

[ June 08, 2003: Message edited by: Hilde Bracegirdle ]
Hilde Bracegirdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 10:19 AM   #240
Jesse
Animated Skeleton

Location: My home is in the Twin Cities, but my soul is at Loch Ness in Scotland
Jesse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): Jesse

Future Aspirations: To be an Author and work at my high school with the disabled students

Goal in life: To live for Jesus Christ

Short term goals: Not to change my email address again (tis happened lots of times.)

Passion: Jesus

Hobbies: Christianity, Lord of the Rings, English, and Reading

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Being bossy (it's not a welcomed piece of me.)

Fave book: The Fellowship of the Ring

Fave movie: The Fellowship of the Ring

Fave sport: Baseball

Fave store: Super Target

Fave music: Contemperary Christian Music (CCM)

What you can't stand: Negative people, and people who make fun of the disabeled.

What you plain dislike: One of my teachers (I never can talk to her, we've had a bad expeirence in the past.)

Who you admire: Billy Graham and my pastor

What you most love to do: Chat on this forum, the Council of Elrond forum, and a Christian forum named God's Fellowship.

Your self-confessed flaws: Being bossy

What intrigues/fascinates you: The Unknown, and Wolves

What scares you: Loosing a loved one

Quotation to live by: "Life is like a rollercoaster ride. You go up, then down, but the end results are always still the same. Nothing changes."