The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-20-2002, 02:17 AM   #1
Iargwath
Wight

Iargwath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Iargwath Send a message via AIM to Iargwath
Question Something Missing?

Have a look at <A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/movie/scrapbook/large/4727" TARGET=_blank>this</A> Wheres Gandalfs elven ring? Was it intentionlal to leave it out?...or doesnt he wear it?<p>[ September 20, 2002: Message edited by: Iargwath ]

My M-e Forum
Iargwath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 04:20 AM   #2
Selmo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Selmo has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

None of the bearers of the three elf rings, Elrond, Galadriel or Gandalf, wore their rings openly until after the destruction of The One Ring.<P>In Lorien, Frodo saw Galadriel's ring only because he was also a ring-bearer. Sam saw a star in the sky behind her, shining through her fingers, insted of a ring.<P>The rings had been hidden ever since their maker, Celembrimbor, became aware that Sauron had made the Ruling Ring and was trying to get control of all the others. Very few people knew who held the rings.<BR>Galadriel told Frodo that Sauron knew that there was a great power in Lorien, that he suspected that it was one of the Elven rings, but he didn't know for sure.<p>[ September 20, 2002: Message edited by: Selmo ]
Selmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 08:27 PM   #3
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> None of the bearers of the three elf rings, Elrond, Galadriel or Gandalf, wore their rings openly until after the destruction of The One Ring. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Just a note, in the books (ya I know this is the movies) Galadriel is wearing her ring when she shows Frodo and Sam her mirror. Frodo sees her ring but Sam doesn't. He may be wearing his ring but no-one can see it. That might be the case. Or perhaps he is wearing it on a chain around his neck, or it is in a pocked somewhere like Frodo does.
Old 09-20-2002, 08:48 PM   #4
Isilya
Wight

Location: At the bottom of a black hole. Actually, it's quite nice. Hey, is that Elvis?!
Isilya has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Isilya
Silmaril

I agree, besides, Gandalf wasn't known to wear the ring to Frodo until when? I'm not sure on that part.
Old 09-21-2002, 11:06 AM   #5
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Silmaril

I remember not finding out that Gandalf and Elrond possessed rings until the very end of LOTR. I did read about Galadriel's ring in FOTR and was shocked that they didn't include it in the movie.