Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2006, 09:56 PM   #1281
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Nogrod, I thought I'd let you make the next post. If you do not want to, just let me know, and I can write again. Whatever you prefer.

-- Folwren
Old 12-01-2006, 02:28 AM   #1282
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I think Moddie won't "interfere" in Garstan's, Stigend's and Thornden's discussion as I won't be able to get online in the weekend or on Wednesday.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 12-01-2006 at 03:41 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:27 AM   #1283
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I'm having a pretty busy day today, but if I have time I'll write something.

Foley: feel free to continue when you wish.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:28 AM   #1284
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Alright. Whichever one of us gets there first, I guess, will be able to post. I have a busy day, too. We're snowed in and I'm jollified.

-- Folwren
Old 12-01-2006, 08:55 PM   #1285
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I shall wait a little while longer before posting "that big post" that Feanor and Kath and I have been waiting to show for so long. It's time-stamped for very late in the day, well after dark....
Old 12-01-2006, 09:27 PM   #1286
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Hey Elempi, could you send it to me for a glance over before posting? It's been a while...
Old 12-02-2006, 04:40 AM   #1287
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmp
I shall wait a little while longer before posting "that big post" that Feanor and Kath and I have been waiting to show for so long.
Okay. I try to write something today, in the evening (mid-day now here), so that you would not be delayed any more. Hopefully Celuien and/or Foley are able to react to that.

But surely, go ahead people. We may continue this children's stuff parallel to you others posting as the discussion of the parents and the kids might take place also in the late evening.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:32 AM   #1288
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I think it would be just fine to say it's fairly late evening by now. I've been picturing it pretty late, anyway.

-- Folwren
Old 12-02-2006, 11:49 AM   #1289
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm chill for the post to go up. Just one thing: 'Saeryn came through the doorway' is in there twice in a row. Just seems very redundant.

*is happy to be back and functional as a human being*
Old 12-02-2006, 12:26 PM   #1290
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Just one thing: 'Saeryn came through the doorway' is in there twice in a row.
Fixed. Will post at the appropriate time.

Glad to have you back. For how long?
Old 12-02-2006, 01:30 PM   #1291
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Got me.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:06 PM   #1292
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Foley & Celuien: as you see, Stigend is in a bit sensitive mood and clearly hangs on to a possibility of moving the subject of discussion to other paths (well, Thornden initially asked about the building-process...).

But surely we need to have a word or two on the subject of the children before we actually go to them.

lmp & others: I think you should go on with your posting and not wait for us to settle this. As Foley said, it's quite plausible to regard the moment as late evening. If us three being in the hall is a problem, we should find a solution to it so that you too can start posting...
Old 12-02-2006, 05:05 PM   #1293
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
lmp & others: I think you should go on with your posting and not wait for us to settle this. As Foley said, it's quite plausible to regard the moment as late evening. If us three being in the hall is a problem, we should find a solution to it so that you too can start posting...
I second that! By all means, don't wait up for us.

And as to your other comment, Nogrod - alright. I'll run off and read what you posted.

-- Folwren
Old 12-02-2006, 05:41 PM   #1294
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I've posted up. I did make a couple of revisions here and there, Kara and Feanor, to correct spelling, improve sentence flow, and so forth. Nothing major. Talk about bombshell posts!
Old 12-02-2006, 05:48 PM   #1295
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I don't mind you changing the sentence order elempi, but Americanising my spellings? Odour is most certainly spelt with a 'u'.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:45 PM   #1296
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

You fixed my sentence flow?!

*is hurt*

Old 12-02-2006, 09:48 PM   #1297
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Great post, you three! I'm glad you posted it now instead of later, Elempi! I laughed out loud when he proposed the marriage. Haha! It was so funny! Sorry. I thought it was funny, anyway.

Well, I guess Nogrod, Celuien and I need to hurry up and finish. I'll write a post tomorrow morning. If I go to bed now, I may be able to get up earlier than I have been and perhaps manage to write a post before breakfast. We'll see.

-- Folwren
Old 12-02-2006, 10:46 PM   #1298
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I don't mind you changing the sentence order elempi, but Americanising my spellings? Odour is most certainly spelt with a 'u'.
Yeah but what I replaced was "smell", not "odour"; so there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
*is hurt*
Yeah right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foley
I thought it was funny, anyway.
Good! I think it was funny how crazily the discussion veered depending upon the pov of the character.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:00 AM   #1299
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

It was interesting how crazily the discussion leaped from one subject to the other! Poor Kara! That one part of her reaction to Eodwine asking Saeryn if she would like to marry him was particularly well done. I'd be looking for a way to escape, too!

--

Nogrod and Celuien, I put up a post that ended the discussion amongst us three and had Thornden withdraw. If there was anything else you wanted to say before he left, we can insert it somewhere in my post. I thought you two wanted to do a bit more writing about your fathers trying to figure out what to do with the youngsters, so I decided to end our conversation and go to Lys so that we can end the night in tolerable time. Let me know if I need to fix anything.

-- Folwren
Old 12-03-2006, 09:49 AM   #1300
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Looks good to me Foley!

Celuien: Would you like to continue from here? We should probably exchange a word or two before we go to our children (and have Lommy a chance to come in). Then, at least I think, we should have a late night meeting of the families in one's or other's room. What do you think?

Taralphiel: Could we see Lys coming so well off that the kids might try to join his company? Just inform us when and we will take care to bring him in...
Btw. How old is he? It has somehow avoided my attention...

And overall, do the children know about Lys or is he something like a secret too?
Old 12-03-2006, 09:51 AM   #1301
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Celuien: Would you like to continue from here? We should probably exchange a word or two before we go to our children (and have Lommy a chance to come in). Then, at least I think, we should have a late night meeting of the families in one's or other's room. What do you think?
I'll write something later today.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:14 AM   #1302
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thumbs up

There seems to be plenty of things happening here! Great!

I will try to write a post today, but if I can't, I will write one tomorrow.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:23 AM   #1303
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Quote:
Taralphiel: Could we see Lys coming so well off that the kids might try to join his company? Just inform us when and we will take care to bring him in...
Btw. How old is he? It has somehow avoided my attention...

And overall, do the children know about Lys or is he something like a secret too?
Ah, thank you very much for the invitation! As early as the next morning I'd be more than willing to have Lys brought in.

Lys is 14. He's befriended Leof and Javan, older and younger respectively (is that right?) but he would welcome any company, of any age!

Some people about the Hall know of his staying there, but I don't know about all the children. I suppose it depends on when their families arrived at the Hall? I'd probably have to do some back-reading.

Lys has only been wandering around the Hall in the open for a day or two. The children would know of him a little, I'd guess.

Foley: I'm writing a post now. I might even write it in notes at work and have it up tomorrow, as I really like this particular conversation. I've missed writing for Lys!

- Tara
Old 12-04-2006, 05:47 AM   #1304
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Yeah but what I replaced was "smell", not "odour"; so there.
Was that the point? I think not.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:23 AM   #1305
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taralphiel
Foley: I'm writing a post now. I might even write it in notes at work and have it up tomorrow, as I really like this particular conversation. I've missed writing for Lys!
Oh, yay! I am happy to hear it.

-- Folwren
Old 12-04-2006, 04:23 PM   #1306
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Finally posted up for Lin...my to be continued certainly took longer than I'd thought. LMP, feel free to ignore my "tomorrow" deadline. I can easily write her response to Imrahil in flashback.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:09 PM   #1307
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Was that the point? I think not.
If you want something, ask for it. Otherwise, behave like a good little student and understand yourself one-upped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny
LMP, feel free to ignore my "tomorrow" deadline. I can easily write her response to Imrahil in flashback.
Okay, Jenny.

On that note, is there anything else anybody wants to post on this Day, or are we ready for a new one?

And how much time shall we allow to pass for the new Day? What do your characters need? The very next day? A week foward? A month? A season?

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 12-04-2006 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:31 PM   #1308
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

I put up a quick post to bring the Garstan and kids to the meeting. We may need one or two more posts to finish up the night. What do you think, Nogrod and Lommy?
Old 12-04-2006, 08:31 PM   #1309
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Tara said above that she is hoping to get a post in for this Day. <- Hopeful grin.

And I would like to go to somewhere in the near future. Not too long, you know.

-- Folwren
Old 12-04-2006, 08:34 PM   #1310
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Otherwise, behave like a good little student and understand yourself one-upped.
Points out that in collaborative writing, it's not so much a teacher/student relationship as it is one between colleagues.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:38 PM   #1311
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Points out that in collaborative writing, it's not so much a teacher/student relationship as it is one between colleagues.
Since when are you taking me seriously about that? Oh, I forgot, you're a student in real life.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:21 PM   #1312
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

And I have the utmost respect for my professors. I'm going out for sushi Wednesday night with two of them.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:02 AM   #1313
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
I put up a quick post to bring the Garstan and kids to the meeting. We may need one or two more posts to finish up the night. What do you think, Nogrod and Lommy?
That's alright with me. Though I can't write anything today or tomorrow, so I expect you and Noggie to at least start the conversation. If it seems that I'm preventing the mead hall from moving on, you two others can write all the posts and Noggie can call me (on the phone) and negotiate with me so that I get some of my thoughts into the discussion though I do not write any posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elempí
And how much time shall we allow to pass for the new Day? What do your characters need? The very next day? A week foward? A month? A season?
I think the two families would like a smaller jump; a day, few days, a week, possibly two weeks; anything that is okay with you others. But the jump just shouldn't be too long for we certainly want to see if the family negotiatons bear any results, good or bad.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:09 AM   #1314
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
There's my post, short and sweet.

Foley you need only say the word and I can add something in for Thornden if you PM it over. Save you posting if you don't have much to say

- Tara
Old 12-05-2006, 07:23 AM   #1315
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
If you want something, ask for it.
Very well. De-Americanise spellings in the sections originally written by me please.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:46 AM   #1316
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Time jump: are we going to follow up with Saeryn? If so, that should be ASAP before she's given too much time to rationalize and actually use legitimate logic; impassioned stupid ideas are best acted upon quickly.

And I'm still working out what to do with Degas.

For me, the less time passing, the better, but I can deal with whatever decision.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:52 AM   #1317
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Very well. De-Americanise spellings in the sections originally written by me please.
Happy to.

There seems to be enough reason to have another Day following immediately after this one. You can all count on that. I'll move the Day forward by midnight tonight. So get your posts in that need to be in by the end of this Day.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:08 PM   #1318
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

I've moved the discussion along a bit. Garmund is particularly disinclined to cooperate at the moment. Stubborn child. A challenge will most likely be needed.

So...a few days of camping? Building a storage bin for the hall? I'm not sure what the challenge should be. If you have one, Nogrod, Garstan will agree.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:28 PM   #1319
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
So...a few days of camping? Building a storage bin for the hall? I'm not sure what the challenge should be. If you have one, Nogrod, Garstan will agree.
Better not give them anything they could use as weapons.

-- Foley
Old 12-05-2006, 04:32 PM   #1320
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Better not give them anything they could use as weapons.
I know! Not that Garmund would do anything drastic, but still...

Garmund is turning out to have more of a temper than I realized.

Last edited by Celuien; 12-05-2006 at 04:35 PM.