Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2008, 08:23 PM   #441
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
ok before I post...what shall we do about Iras and Sephiroth? Iras is needed now and she hasn't been on since the 28th of Feb and Sephiroth, though we don't need him a.s.a.p he has not been on since January. This worries me. I will be sending them both a pm. If I do not recieve something from them promptly, I think drastic measures will need to be taken to advance this rpg. I'm not sure if in my nexty post I should just leave Iras out of it.....hmmmm what should we do? If she is to come with us, she needs to be on very soon to get herself into it. if not it won't fit if she just suddenly shows up half way after we are going.

Not quite sure how to work this....Ok I'm going to pm them both now.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:54 AM   #442
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I suggest that we proceed as if we expect them to write their characters in later. That way, if they show up, they're still welcome, but if not, our storyline doesn't drag on and on waiting for absentees.

For Iras, we can have one of the Chubbs leave a note with Melilot for Lizzy, with best wishes and "hope we meet again", and then Iras can write how Lizzy refuses to be left behind, and chases after the party one way or another and insists on joining.

As for Sephiroth, his character can join at any point, so I wouldn't worry. If he shows up, he does; if he doesn't, we continue.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:56 AM   #443
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
That sounds like an excellent idea.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:36 AM   #444
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
As for Sephiroth, his character can join at any point, so I wouldn't worry. If he shows up, he does; if he doesn't, we continue.
Exactly. If anything, his character was supposed to appear at the same time as mine, and that has still (a little) time. And if not, I'll do it probably the way if he weren't there in the first place.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 03-12-2008, 12:23 PM   #445
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

ok that sounds good. So I'm thinking of just having Bunny introduce herself and have her get everyone started out. anything anyone want me to add to my post? I will have it up sometime today.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:37 PM   #446
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
ok that sounds good. So I'm thinking of just having Bunny introduce herself and have her get everyone started out. anything anyone want me to add to my post? I will have it up sometime today.
Just go on and write it. If someone has something to add, surely you can just edit your post...
Old 03-13-2008, 08:23 AM   #447
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

uggg sorry time got away from me...I'll post today when I get home from work..I swear
Old 03-13-2008, 05:43 PM   #448
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ok post is up. Hope it's ok. I think pretty much anyone can post now, lets get us finally on our way.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:16 PM   #449
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I think it is time for a Brown update. My internet is rubbish right now, so I'll try to get on that this weekend - hoping the connection will be better in the midwest.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:55 AM   #450
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I suppose Gaffer Hugo has already done that "man taking over" thing in the very next post after Bunny's. We'll see how Bunny reacts.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #451
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Bunny of course will have something to say about that.... I can post tonight when I get home from work. Let's get some others thoughts on what's going on.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:52 PM   #452
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

sorry got a little busy...I'll have a post up soon. everyone else please feel free to post.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:05 PM   #453
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I've posted. It's not overly long....Let's have some others post.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:31 PM   #454
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I have made the post. Brown is going to let Tansy and Bunny work things out with the Hugo and Friends, and won't talk just yet unless addressed.

Elempi...I'd like to suggest that Brown and Snatch become fast friends over the next several days of the journey. That could provide some fun material to write about, as Snatch currently seems to be a bit wary of Brown.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:33 PM   #455
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
I suppose Gaffer Hugo has already done that "man taking over" thing in the very next post after Bunny's. We'll see how Bunny reacts.
Good man, Hugo! Good man! Brown likes him already.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:36 AM   #456
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Elempi...I'd like to suggest that Brown and Snatch become fast friends over the next several days of the journey. That could provide some fun material to write about, as Snatch currently seems to be a bit wary of Brown.
I think that would be great! Dogs quickly figure out which bipeds are dog lovers and which are not, and invariably respond in kind. Go for it.

Gwath, it appears that you have a paragraph hanging loose at the beginning of your last post. I suggest holding off on that particular bit of musing until your next post.

Also, Snatch is based on Norfolk Terriers, with small pendant ears (not to be confused with, and way cuter than, Norwich Terriers, which have small pricked up ears), and is not a hound. See the link: Norfolk Terrier

Truth be told, I'm characterizing him as more jaunty than is apparently typical of the breed. Oh well.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 03-17-2008 at 02:48 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:29 AM   #457
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
I love those last few posts. What fun.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:32 AM   #458
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Just a gentle reminder:

Please take care to remove signatures from your RPG posts.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 03-18-2008, 12:52 PM   #459
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Thanks Pio!

So now do you all want to write about our stop at the Inn or shall we just skip it and start again outside the Inn after our ale?
Old 03-18-2008, 03:18 PM   #460
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
Thanks Pio!

So now do you all want to write about our stop at the Inn or shall we just skip it and start again outside the Inn after our ale?
skip it I'd say.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:06 PM   #461
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Stopping by the inn could give the characters the opportunity to all talk together, being their first opportunity to do so. I would enjoy it and think it would be a useful way to establish the group as a whole, but I also realize that skipping the inn would help speed the plot along. So, whatever.

Thanks for removing my signature Pio. Sorry about the hanging paragraph LMP. Not sure what happened there. I must have been abducted by aliens.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:42 PM   #462
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'd like to do a stop at the Stonebow, say may be a post or two for those who want to, then moving on.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:58 AM   #463
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
What if we stopped at the inn, but made some kind of agreement on when we will move on? Like that we will one RL-week at the most in the Inn?
Old 03-19-2008, 03:59 AM   #464
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

How about one week at most, and 1 or 2 posts per writer who wishes, in case that takes less time?
Old 03-19-2008, 07:45 AM   #465
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Sounds great.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:52 PM   #466
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I will be away from tomorrow evening to Sunday evening, so if you get into a quick posting pace, don't wait for me. If you are still at the Inn when I come back home (like I assume...) I will post something for Tansy, but if not, then I can just write a jolly travelling post. Either is fine with me.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:56 AM   #467
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Gwathagor, when are you going to fill your save? If you don't by the end of the weekend, I'll post regardless of what you have written, and if it doesn't fit what you intended to say, we'll just have to work that out afterwards.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:13 PM   #468
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Alright good news, all that trouble at work the weather cause and that sidetracked me is about over. So, I'm back and Rudy will be joining the action in a little bit.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:23 AM   #469
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I was waiting to see if anyone else was going to post, but seeing as it's been pretty quiet....I'll post when I get home from work and bring us to the Inn.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:04 PM   #470
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Wow, great to see this RPG moving and Boro back! I think I might have extra time tomorrow and if it's so, I will post...
Old 03-25-2008, 04:34 PM   #471
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I've posted a fall and injury to Gaffer Hugo. His downhill slide has begun. I don't know how fast, or precisely what's next. We'll see.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:58 AM   #472
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I was about to post and write that the others started to wonder where the gaffer is and Rudy/Mira/Peony goes to look for him, but then I realised there's little point in me writing it. So maybe Boro, Fin or Kitanna wants to post next? Maybe one off the ladies as Boro just posted?

I think I'd rather post for Tansy after it has been found out what happened to Gaffer Hugo. She might have an acid thought or two about it...
Old 03-26-2008, 07:33 AM   #473
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I was planning on having Rudy go look (and find) the Gaffer, because I figured it would be a Rudy-ish thing to do.

But if Fin and/or Kit want to find the Gaffer that would be great, just make sure you don't forget about Rudy, he will want to tag along.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:12 AM   #474
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I was planning on having Rudy go look (and find) the Gaffer, because I figured it would be a Rudy-ish thing to do.

But if Fin and/or Kit want to find the Gaffer that would be great, just make sure you don't forget about Rudy, he will want to tag along.
I was thinking about having Mira worry about him taking so long, but I think she would just mention it to Rudy and let him figure it out.

I have started a post, but don't know how we want things to progress in the inn. Any ideas, outlines or anything? How long would Mira or Rudy wait till they got concerned? What time is it, how busy would the innkeeper be? What would the hobbits order at this time of day? Should I be less worried about details?
Old 03-28-2008, 08:52 AM   #475
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'll cut to the chase: if Gaffer Hugo is not there in lickity split for food and ale, that's unusual, so they'll notice pretty quick.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:50 AM   #476
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

See, we're stuck again?

Let's say, whoever of you Fin/Kit/Boro has time first should write and move us along. Otherwise I will and I doubt it will be smooth.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:28 AM   #477
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I agree with Lommy....
I didn't think Bunny would have to much to say or be too concerned for Hugo when there is bacon and ale in the Inn.(no offense) So if we can get someone to have us all make it into the Inn, others like Lommy and myself can post our characters thoughts.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #478
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Getting frustrated with the same old malaise....

I'm frankly at a loss how my fellow rpgr's (this is not the only rpg it's happening in) get so stuck because of someone else's post. If you have something you want to write that isn't directly related to the previous post, just go for it. What's the big deal?

I prefer not to hog an rpg, so I give others a chance to post, but if somebody doesn't post soon, I'll double post and carry this little ol' rpg just a bit further, and then I'll triple post if nobody else can overcome their writers' paralysis, or whatever malaise seems to be affecting everyone, until somebody either gets on the stick, or my character dies. Then it'll be all on you guys.

Let's quit making mountains out of mole hills, and get going with this thing, already!

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 03-29-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:13 PM   #479
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
ALL PLAYERS

Yes, please, let's remember you're not writing a Fan Fiction story here - the plot does not have to be predetermined before you write for your characters. Please work from each others' previous posts and not get hung up in how the story should go before you post.

At this point, you have gotten to the Inn. And all have gotten out of the cart and headed for the door of the Inn except for lmp's character, whose gone off toward the stable and has waited in the cart for the ostler to see to the cart and Mosy.

I would imagine your characters have gone into the Inn and Gaffer Hugo is now out of site. No one has seen him wrench his foot.

Please write a post that follows out of lmp's last post. What does your character see as he/she enters the Inn? What smells are in the air? Is your character's tummy grumbling in anticipation? Does your character call out a challenge to the others - "Last one to the table pays for the drinks!"?

Be descriptive; fall into your character and let us know what he/she is feeling, thinking, anticipating, doing at this point. Set up the scene and then let another writer wonder, "Hey, where's the Gaffer?"

Who'll give this a go?

~*~ Pio
Old 03-29-2008, 12:35 PM   #480
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I see the frustration and I know I'm part of the reason, for that I apologize. I assure you I'm working as fast as I can, but I have other things outside the 'Downs to do. I've pretty much cut down everything here to solely focus on this RPG.

I don't want to sound snappy, but before I signed up I said I wasn't going to be able to post consistantly, that there was going to be times when I can't be around at all. From what I got back, that was going to be ok, as long as I could keep up and not "disappear."

I understand the frustration, and I apologize, because 2 or 3 people can't carry an RPG. Now, I'm going to do whatever I can to step it up, but like I said when joining I can't be around every day. I simply can't and everyone else is going to have to start stepping it up to.

I'm going to get a post up but it's going to simply be to move this along.