The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2008, 12:41 PM   #361
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Nogrod, I emailed you six of the eight audio files...but the final two were apparently too big. I have an Xanga account, so perhaps I'll post those bigger files on it later.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:09 PM   #362
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Nogrod, I emailed you six of the eight audio files...but the final two were apparently too big. I have an Xanga account, so perhaps I'll post those bigger files on it later.
Got them six. I'm not sure if one can dowwnload things from xanga sites - maybe one can, I just don't know.

But you have an alternative solution as well. Turn them into mp3 files and you can probably send them nicely. I think it's something like 10mb or something that the e-mail servers will take in one sending and on mp3 you'll get a lot of stuff in 10mb...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:17 PM   #363
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
But you have an alternative solution as well. Turn them into mp3 files and you can probably send them nicely. I think it's something like 10mb or something that the e-mail servers will take in one sending and on mp3 you'll get a lot of stuff in 10mb...
Well I think the two files were the longer sample narrations I did (though I'm not postive)...so they're not terribly important. But I can convert them to mp3 and send them to you this weekend.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:47 AM   #364
MatthewM
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MatthewM has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MatthewM
It definitely has been awhile! I will try to get my hands on a good microphone...I don't know if I recorded all my parts yet but I will look that over later next week...busy school time! Anyway, good to see we haven't forgotten about this

Indeed, another one should be planned, I purposed a hobbit's only adaption, which would, besides the hobbits, leave only about 3 other roles available in the scene I picked. But we can decide for a different one with a larger cast, if you all wish. We should discuss this as well!
Old 10-09-2008, 09:51 AM   #365
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewM View Post
I will try to get my hands on a good microphone...
It would be great if you found one! I really like your acting but the quality of the recordings have been pretty bad.

We will probably have time to make our last parts the next week as well so possibly in two-three weeks (depending on how much I need to edit the music-stuff & how toilsome the final construction work wil be we may have a done thing in our hands!
Old 10-09-2008, 02:42 PM   #366
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I have found, Matthew, that getting a new recording program made all the difference that changing microphones did not. I don't know what kind of software you are using, so that might not be the issue at all, but I thought I'd mention it nonetheless.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:46 PM   #367
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
I have found, Matthew, that getting a new recording program made all the difference that changing microphones did not.
As we don't like advertising in this forum but would like to make things happen the best way possible wouldn't you mind PM'ing Matthew for details Gwath?
Old 10-09-2008, 02:50 PM   #368
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
If he's interested, he can ask. It can be had for free on the internet, and so I would hardly call it "advertising."
Old 10-09-2008, 02:57 PM   #369
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
It can be had for free on the internet, and so I would hardly call it "advertising."
I kind of thought of that but tried to be careful...
Old 10-09-2008, 09:16 PM   #370
MatthewM
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MatthewM has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MatthewM
I am interested
Old 10-09-2008, 11:39 PM   #371
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Ok, look up Audacity on the internet. Oddwen actually suggested it a couple of months ago, and I've found that it works pretty well. Like I said, the problem may indeed be your microphone, and this might not help at all - but it made all the difference for me. I don't even have to use a peripheral microphone.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #372
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

We should make an effort to finish this project. What needs to be done at this point? Has everyone recorded their parts?
Old 04-03-2009, 06:20 PM   #373
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

What needs to be done is just a few lines from the hobbits Lommy and Greenie have said they will make... and one or two evenings of free time for me to actually sit down and to gather it all together (well, free evenings look like a luxury to me but there will be one or two before the summer... there has to be).

Good that you Gwath remided me of this!

We'll make it to be sure, soonish I'd say. There's not too much to do anymore.

Just wait a week or two - or three - and we'll get it done... I hope.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:21 PM   #374
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I didn't realize we were so close! If there's anything I can to do help, like recording lines if L and G don't have time, just give me a holler.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #375
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Oh yeah, and thanks for being willing to put this all together, Nogrod.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #376
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Come on, guys, let's not let this thing die!
Old 06-27-2009, 11:18 AM   #377
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

In fact, if we're just waiting on some lines being recorded, I could probably get my sisters to help me with that.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #378
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'm on a summer vacation right now and have time to do things...

I'll have a few things to do which are more pressing than this but I think I could check the situation during the next week. I'll report the situation soonish. I think we don't need much...
Old 06-27-2009, 02:02 PM   #379
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Wow. This looks awesome. How far along is this project? Is there anyway I can participate? I have the entire summer free and I am bored out of my mind, I would really like to help out with this.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:14 PM   #380
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Hey, that's great to hear, Nogrod. I look forward to it!

Hakon, I'm sure we could find something for you to - or if not in this project, in the next one. Nogrod has been keeping track of which parts remain to be recorded, so we'll see what he says.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #381
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White-Hand

If you want to get this done quick and I'm the only one whose part (Merry) is unrecorded, I'm glad to give my part up and let Hakon do it if it means this will be ready quicker - I'm leaving for InterRail tomorrow and I have no chance before doing my stuff before early August.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:55 PM   #382
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
If you want to get this done quick and I'm the only one whose part (Merry) is unrecorded, I'm glad to give my part up and let Hakon do it if it means this will be ready quicker
I think we also need Pip... Well oneliners for both of them... I'll check them tomorrow - or the day after that.

Hold your horses!
Old 08-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #383
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I think Greenie already did Pippin... any progress, btw?
Old 08-19-2009, 10:48 AM   #384
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

We're so close!
Old 08-21-2009, 09:22 AM   #385
Peregrin Took
Animated Skeleton

Peregrin Took has just left Hobbiton.
I personally would love to do Pippin.

Perhaps we should re-think some roles?

I was originally Boromir, but my voice is too youthful, I would think, for such a role. I would much rather be Pippin!
Old 01-17-2010, 10:22 PM   #386
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

*tap tap tap*

Hello?
Old 03-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #387
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Come on, we were so close!
Old 03-27-2010, 07:59 PM   #388
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I actually talked about this today with Lommy...

I have more or less easier time during April/May so I could try to hunt the files and bring it all together (I actually tried it one time like half a year ago but ran into some difficulties as I haven't kept any systematic log on the files so it takes some time to find the "chosen ones" )

But yes, let there be a possibility that comes true!
Old 03-27-2010, 10:39 PM   #389
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Great!
Old 03-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #390
PrinceOfTheHalflings
Wight

PrinceOfTheHalflings is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I wish I'd joined this forum earlier. I could have helped out with this.
PrinceOfTheHalflings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:23 PM   #391
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Welcome to the 'downs, Prince. You can definitely join if there are people who want to do another one.