Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2006, 03:55 PM   #201
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Re: Bregoware Guard

Quote:
Whoever takes the guard, feel free to use Sythric f.ex. asking how the day went, or what is the general feeling of the group / the guard him/herself.
Uh oh. Do we even have a guard at this point? I think we've sent all of our members off to sleep!!
Old 02-23-2006, 04:02 PM   #202
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
I've put up a SAVE - if Eowyn can't post as guard by late tonight, I'll take on Sythric
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 02-23-2006, 06:38 PM   #203
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
I'd post taking the watch, but I'm away over the weekend (Fri-Monday) and therefore might hold things up, because I wouldn't be able to post any conversational reply. I wanted to, just to have something to do, but I won't be able to get any more posts in than one... if that... because we're leaving really early (5:30) and I still have some packing to do. I give permission for Eostre to be modded by Farael if she needs to be moved around.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:42 PM   #204
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eowyn Skywalker
I give permission for Eostre to be modded by Farael if she needs to be moved around.
Thanks!! I'll take good care of her and try not to get her hurt

Now what do you guys (and gal) from Bregoware say if we get a nice bunch of posts up this weekend? I'd like to get some more interactions going between the characters so that by the time we meet with the Wulfham bunch they 'know' each other. I feel we are lagging behind Wulfham a little.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:31 PM   #205
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Now what do you guys (and gal) from Bregoware say if we get a nice bunch of posts up this weekend? I'd like to get some more interactions going between the characters so that by the time we meet with the Wulfham bunch they 'know' each other. I feel we are lagging behind Wulfham a little.
Go on Undómë! I totally agree with Farael's concerns... we should really start posting now more frequently.

Last edited by Nogrod; 02-23-2006 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:09 PM   #206
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Go on Undómë! I totally agree with Farael's concerns... we should really start posting now more frequently.
Well, it won't be 'till tomorrow for me, and tomorrow night at that.... sadly I have an Inorganic Chemistry lab-report to hand in tomorrow which I have been working hard... at finding excuses not to do it.

Any chemists around? =P
Old 02-23-2006, 09:51 PM   #207
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Well, it won't be 'till tomorrow for me, and tomorrow night at that.... sadly I have an Inorganic Chemistry lab-report to hand in tomorrow which I have been working hard... at finding excuses not to do it.

Any chemists around? =P
You just ask your professor, whether mathematics and the real world has anything in common, to boast a linkage by his/her profession and the reality... He/she will be quite bemused after that one! He/she will be in trouble...

Last edited by Nogrod; 02-23-2006 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:22 AM   #208
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

SAVE filled
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 02-24-2006, 12:45 PM   #209
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I'll try! I'm only online late at night on weekends, but I'll try and write as much as I can during that time.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:18 PM   #210
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I sent an answer to Meghan. We could have a couple of lines, before the whole group goes forwards, but I 'm not against some immediate action either.

Undómë! React to my post if you have time to do it, and let's see, how it will continue...

Anyhow, we could be getting on the move also. So Farael, or anyone, make us go forwards, if you think so! You may use my character the way you wish: he should be tired anyhow and be reluctant to continue without some sleep - and that surely depends on when you will want to start...

Last edited by Nogrod; 02-24-2006 at 09:23 PM.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:25 AM   #211
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

We have a nice mood in our nightly discussion! It would be nice to continue, but I sure understand you others wishing to go forwards. Maybe Raedwald should make one post before we go on?
Old 02-25-2006, 03:26 PM   #212
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

So, we're awake now . . . and should be getting ready to head toward the ferry . . .
Old 02-25-2006, 07:00 PM   #213
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Bregoware

Good writing Undómë!

Maybe you others will take us on now? Sythric is free to be used, probably taking a riding position aside Raedwald, if there isn't anything curious about to happen...

And Farael, feel free to have Sythric ask you about your drawing - if Osse had seen S. looking at it, and think that S. should have seen you noticing it: or anyhow, if you want to make something of it.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:30 PM   #214
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hey all,
I'm working on a bit of an elaborate post, it might take a while... it should be up by tomorrow afternoon the latest =) It has a bit of a surprise in it, hope you all enjoy it.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:16 PM   #215
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Wulfhamers

Would either you Arry or Telvido please post next with approaching Incana crying under a tree. Vaenosa would not be too keen on talking to anyone crying at the moment but, as soon as one of you posts that I will get Vaenosa to approach you guys about plans for the day.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:13 AM   #216
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Really nice work, Nogrod and Undome! I enjoyed reading your conversation. I'll post with Fionn as soon as I see what Farael's got in store for us!
Old 02-26-2006, 03:12 AM   #217
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry to hold you up, guys but I'm working on some song lyrics and yet I'm not quite inspired.... of course, writing them in English doesn't make it any easier. Still, so far it's been fun and I've got two stanza done and working on the third... I think I'll make two more (the third and another) and that should be enough, but I can't finish them tonight (it's 3 10 AM already)

If anyone feels like helping me, feel free to PM... I think it'd be best if you have any kind of Instant Messaging, just to speed up the process a little... PM's can take too long. But I can sure use some help =)

My post will be up before tomorrow evening I hope...
Old 02-26-2006, 04:22 AM   #218
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Naria

I've had Brand get up and find Incana . . .

-- Arry
Old 02-26-2006, 02:17 PM   #219
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Arry

Sounds good. I'll do my post sometime today
Old 02-26-2006, 04:26 PM   #220
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Arry, I've posted Incana's reply to you.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:38 PM   #221
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Posted at last!

The song could be better but I didnt want to hold us up for yet another day... and knowing myself, if I indulge into my perfectionism I might never quite feel the song is finished. Still, I hope you enjoy it. If I could play any instruments I'd record the melody I have in mind, but I guess you will have to trust me when I say it is quite a happy song.

Post post post!!! we need to get across the river! (I think that's what Arry said)
Old 02-26-2006, 08:43 PM   #222
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Farael,

Did you make a mistake? You left an earlier save unfilled and put up a post later on the thread. Don't you want to delete the earlier unfilled save?
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:03 PM   #223
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tevildo
Farael,

Did you make a mistake? You left an earlier save unfilled and put up a post later on the thread. Don't you want to delete the earlier unfilled save?
Argh, forgot to do that!!! sorry, I'll fix that up in a sec... thanks Tevildo!!
Old 02-27-2006, 10:31 AM   #224
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Glad to be of help!
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:16 AM   #225
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Bregoware

I would like Sythric to address this "leader-affair" Osmod has raised, and thence answer it right here. I've saved myself that possibility.

I can take us out and going today, meaning the next 5 hours RL. If someone of you would like to take us on, he/she should reveal the intent quite soon. Otherwise I'll put us on the saddle and to the ferry.

I would really like to see some posts by Maeggaladiel and Eowyn, about your thoughts of these new circumstances. So at least post a save in 5 hours from now (5PM GMT right now) to make your thoughts heard - after that, you will have a chance for them in the ferry etc.

Anyways: I would like us to make the saves as telling some basic outlines of the time or possible impact of it. I think at least Maeggaladiel was ready to post at weekend, but then didn't, because didn't know enough about Farael's intentions.

So: without you sending something, a post or a save for the "morning reaction" before 10PM GMT, I'll send us on our way and onboard the ferry. If you would like to do that (sending us to the ferry), please let me know.

If you have something to put in, please do. I can look at my posting before 10PM (GMT), and adjust it accordingly

I will fill the "leader-affair" -text in anyhow. And for you others to know - if you want to react to it someways in your posts that will be later than a pure "leader"-post of mine (and thence, earlier as our "getting off and riding" posts) - Sythric's point is: he or Raedwald were not sent here to lead a party, but to help one. So he would - and quessing on behalf of Raedwald, like to act more as counsil and help, not as a leader.

Raedwald sure can disagree on Sythrics' interpretation! Feel free to do it.

Last edited by Nogrod; 02-27-2006 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:54 AM   #226
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

My save is filled, and lunch is served.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:04 PM   #227
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thank you Telvido for Dorran understanding some what Vaenosa's state. I don't know how this will work now with Arry's post towards her being more friendly. I guess we shall see.....

Also I would appreciate it, if everyone would read my WHOLE post before posting their own! I stated that Vaenosa spoke with Brand and Incana before leaving to trap the pig. That seems to be left out! Also please read carefully my words! Do not misconstrue her brashness for hatred! I have made it clear she is slightly retched! But she has her reasons! I have been trying to resolve this by posting her nightmares. It is the second day and alot has happened. But if others think it would serve you guys better, I will have Vaenosa leave and make her own way!..... Oh as well Vaenosa did not choose to go on this trip! Her mother sent her!

Last edited by Valier; 02-27-2006 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:00 PM   #228
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
I have edited my post. Hope it fits in better.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:22 PM   #229
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Post edited to fit in.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:40 PM   #230
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Farael!

Your PM is full!!!

I've things to sent to you!
Old 02-27-2006, 01:41 PM   #231
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Nogrod

I've put up a post to follow along after Farael's. It picks up on his 'leader' comment.

I was hoping you might move your SAVE after my post, where it might fit in better.

Thanks in advance!

~ U
Old 02-27-2006, 01:47 PM   #232
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Nogrod

Hey --- THANKS!

And before the mod sweeps in - don't forget to remove your signature to your game post!!!!!
Old 02-27-2006, 02:01 PM   #233
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

Old 02-27-2006, 02:03 PM   #234
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Alright, given that Nogrod has gone ahead with a bit of an unfavourable reaction (although compared to the original it's what a rose's petal is to a rose's thorn) I just wanted to clarify that I did not mean Osmod to try to be the centre of attention and then a drama queen (or King, rather)

What I had in mind is for him to be 'relieved' and 'happy' that he does not need to take on the responsibility of being the leader anymore... a bit too happy about it perhaps. As I hinted when Osmod went to sleep during the night, he felt he was getting the hang of it and enjoying it somewhat and so, while he is glad for his elder's advice and help, he is also disapointed that they will probably make better leaders than himself.

As you can see by Nogrod's example, I don't mind your characters mis-reading Osmod, but I'd appreciate it if at least one of you thought that he was over-compensating rather than being a 'marthyr'. Just so that The Reader (whoever might want to read our little story) will see both sides of the coin.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:06 PM   #235
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Fellow Bregowarians!

Well!

There seems to be some action now! Great!

I'll take back my words on taking us to the ferry in a couple of hours time (RL)!

Sythric seems to have misunderstood Osmod's tone of voice, or then just heard only the content of them... and being under some pressure himself (understanding, that leadership might be an issue) to deal with it, he kind of rushes to conclusions, and tries a way to bring the party together...

This looks good! Farael should post now! It could turn out interesting, if Osmod is not ready to take the leadership. And what Raedwald thinks?

We'll see about that ferry, when we have time...
Old 02-27-2006, 02:09 PM   #236
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I sure hope Undome is around... I'll give her a chance to get a post up, then I'll make a post myself... I'm thinking something along the lines of Osmod offering Sythric and (or) Raewald the letters for the King. Also, Undome, I'd appreciate a bit of a defense by Raewald, but that's up to you. I just don't want Osmod to look THAT bad.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:19 PM   #237
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

All right! I finally got my post up. Sorry it took so long; this weekend got incredibly busy all of a sudden.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:28 PM   #238
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
I just don't want Osmod to look THAT bad.
Looking good as ever!

I don't think you should be that worried, Farael. That was one character's interpretation in a disstressing situation - and remember: most of it was his self-thought: so nothing that would be known by anyone other than himself!!!

We've just had this game rolling!!!
Old 02-27-2006, 02:35 PM   #239
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Let me reiterate what Nogrod has said in his previous post.

Quote:
That was one character's interpretation in a disstressing situation - and remember: most of it was his self-thought: so nothing that would be known by anyone other than himself
While every writer has a certain ideas about his own character, other characters can certainly misunderstand actions and words, reinterpreting them in light of their own character's personality. Just as real people do.

As long as you're feeling your character is acting true to himself/herself that's good - what other writers have their own characters feel and react is out of your creative control.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:36 PM   #240
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
I don't think you should be that worried, Farael. That was one character's interpretation in a disstressing situation - and remember: most of it was his self-thought: so nothing that would be known by anyone other than himself!!!
Of course, but I'm writing for the proverbial reader, even if only Pio reads our story besides ourselves... I don't want my reader to think the way Sythric thought. The Reader has insight into Sythric's thoughts and given that a written story lacks some of the aspects of reality, the way other characters percieve the reality of the story can often be taken by the reader for it to be the 'true' reality of the story. If the four remaining characters happen to think the same way than Sythric did, the reader might be VERY persuaded to think that way as well... and it just doesn't go with the way I want Osmod to be.

Edit: Cross-posted with Pio... I forgot to say, I'm sorry if it sounded as if I was reprimending Nogrod for his post... he sent a draft to me and I asked him to change just one thing (which he did) and go ahead with it... I won't repeat what I said above about The Reader, but again, feel free to let your characters react as they will, yet if you are unsure about it do me a favour and mellow Sythric's comments down a little. If not, I'll have to play with the cards I'm dealed.. that's part of the fun of this kind of RPG's! Unlike others that rely on dice and weird abilities to beat a certain oponent, here we know that the story will end the way we want it to end (whichever that may be) and the 'fun' is writing along with others.