The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2002, 01:23 PM   #1
Peri
Wight

Peri has just left Hobbiton.
Sting The Newest Movie

Hi all. I haven't posted here for awhile, but here's a question for all. <P>When The Two Towers is released in theatres, how many of you out there plan on going to see it the first day of the release?<P>Personally, I'm going to wait a couple days. I hate getting stuck in the very first row. I know a friend who is planning to catch the the very first showing on the very first day. Hope she doesn't get trampled by LOTR fans!! LOL
Old 12-11-2002, 01:34 PM   #2
Aroaraniel
Wight

Aroaraniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Aroaraniel
Ring

Hello Peri! If I could, I'd go to see it the first day, but I am forced to wait until Christmas Eve to go see it! Unless by some chance an opportunity comes up that allows me to go see it...which would be nice...
Aroaraniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 02:25 PM   #3
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Well, I am the administrator for a Line Party at THeOneRing.net - so me and probably more than 50 other people are attending a midnight showing. It should be a blast because I am hosting a costume contest... I can't wait to see what people are coming up with!
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 03:06 PM   #4
Manwe Sulimo
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manwe Sulimo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Manwe Sulimo
Sting

I was supposed to see it 6:30 PM the 18th...except now I find out that there's a school concert that night that my parents are going to make me go to....<P>Luckily, another concert just got canceled tonight (freezing rain), so maybe it'll get rescheduled to next week and I'll be able to go after all.<P>If not, everyone pray for snow next Tuesday night in Massachusetts....
Old 12-11-2002, 03:11 PM   #5
Krumtakh the Obtuse
Pile O'Bones

Krumtakh the Obtuse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I want to go to the first showing of TTT at the movie theater in my town, but it is at noon on the 18th, when I am supposed to be in school. I'm trying to convince my mom to let me skip, but it isn't going too well. Come on, its only one day of school!
Krumtakh the Obtuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 03:22 PM   #6
LePetitChoux
Vegetable of Doom

LePetitChoux has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to LePetitChoux
Sting

My term ENDS at 12pm on the 18th and then I have to go to a party at 3.30 so there is no way I can see it!!!
Old 12-11-2002, 04:20 PM   #7
Corky

Sting

I'm going the 20th!!! I can't wait! don't forget to buy your tickets in advance! O I cant' wait!!!
Old 12-11-2002, 05:36 PM   #8
-Imrahil-
Shade of Carn Dûm

-Imrahil- has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm going to see it on Friday the 20th since I have things to do during week. Why did they release it on wednesday ANYWAY???
Old 12-11-2002, 05:58 PM   #9
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm going to go on the first day as I'm pretty sure it won't be that packed. It's good thing I'm not in Australia where it is only coming out on the 26th!
Old 12-11-2002, 06:21 PM   #10
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

I got the tickets in advance, a way long time ago. I am going to see it on the 18th, but at 3:30. I have two midterm exams each day on the 17th 18th and 19th. So I can't go to a midnight showing. I could make an 11:00AM show but I want to have time after school to finish my final and I'd like to get lunch and study w/my friend before the show, that way I won't have to review my notes a lot when I get home. As for seating, I'm not worried. I can just show up to the movies with my tickets about a half hour earlier.<p>[ December 11, 2002: Message edited by: MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie ]

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 06:34 PM   #11
the mortal elf
Wight

the mortal elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to the mortal elf
Tolkien

I'm supposed to be going on the 18th at 5:30 or something, but my ticket's not in my hand yet. My "connection" is taking his sweet time... If not, I'll go see it on the 20th with the rest of my family who aren't crazy enough to go the first day.
Old 12-11-2002, 07:19 PM   #12
Coral
Haunting Spirit

Location: The wonderful (That was sarcastic) State of Maryland...
Coral has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Coral
Sting

I get to go on the 18th at the first showing of the day! 11:00 that is, might have gone to a midnight showing but I would be too tired. Anyways I get to skip school! Yay^^
Old 12-11-2002, 11:05 PM   #13
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

I thought I would be busy on the 18th, but to my good luck, the thing I was supposed to do that day was changed to a different date.

I'm planning to go on the evening of the 18th with Ithaeliel, but it is not yet confirmed. So, I'm praying that my good luck remains with me.

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-05-2007 at 07:29 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 03:47 PM   #14
gollum*elf*pup
Shade of Carn Dûm

gollum*elf*pup has just left Hobbiton.
Yah, I'm going on the 18th. I bought my tickets a long time ago. I guess I'll just have to get there really early and get a good seat!
Old 12-12-2002, 07:42 PM   #15
Elvenglass
Haunting Spirit

Elvenglass has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Elvenglass
Silmaril

Well I've definately had my tickets for about four weeks now...Lol..I'll definately be going on the 18th. But i'm thinking of dressing up. Any good costume ideas?
Old 12-13-2002, 12:07 PM   #16
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I am soooo in the theather in the front row, on opening day for the first showing!!!!!!! Oh Yea!!!!! I got my tickets and all!!!! Its gonna be a blast, I'm gonna screan when I see "The Two Towers" flash across the screen!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2002, 12:10 PM   #17
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Going with my husband and 7 other friends. Tickets already booked, reservations made for dinner beforehand...ahh, bliss it is to be in the company of fellow Tolkienphiles. (Which is why I'm here all the time )
Old 12-13-2002, 01:48 PM   #18
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Elvenglass, for links to costume ideas and patterns, see the <A HREF="http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=001380" TARGET=_blank>Best of... Movie Links</A> page - there are quite a few to enjoy!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 08:53 PM   #19
Mintyztwin
Wight

Mintyztwin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I HAVE BEATEN YOU ALL!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! I'm going to THE VERY FIRST showing on THE 18TH at 10:30AM!!!! I will, o'course, arrive promptly at 9:00AM to get a good seat. Hey! I don't mind!!! Last year, my mom made me wait SEVERAL DAYS till I could see it!! *sniff* I'm so deprived!! But, I have the tickets in my hand (well, techinically, Hawkeye's hand. Same thing.)And am SO thrilled!! Heh heh. I can't wait. I just wish I could watch it indiscriminantly the rest of Christmas break!

But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, and gentleness. 1 Timothy 6:2
Mintyztwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 10:30 AM   #20
Nenya
Wight

Nenya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm going on the 18th (OF COURSE!) at 17.00PM.<BR>Kalimac, we've got pretty similar evenings planned, as I too am going with my Tolkien-fan friends to a dinner before the movie. <P>Let it be wednesday already! Or maybe not, I think the waiting is a big part of the fun.
Nenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 11:03 AM   #21
Nenya
Wight

Nenya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

By the way, Mintyztwin, where are you from? My point is: considering the time difference (if you are from US), I might even be going before you!
Nenya is offline   Reply With Quote