The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-05-2005, 01:34 PM   #1
ancalemagill

Tolkien what would you do as an elf

Ok pretend one day you find out your an elf . you have always had small powers but now there is no denieing that there real..but the catch is your stuck in this world untill eather someone bringes you to middle earth or you find a way back. what would you do ?

I myself would try and contact another elf using psychic powers and ask how I got here .
Old 01-05-2005, 06:43 PM   #2
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril Welcome!

Well before I answer that very interesting question i would like to welcome you Ancalemagill to the Barrow Downs Forum. Enjoy being dead.

I think I would show all my friends my new pointy ears and brag about how Im going to live forever . It would be very fun.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:28 PM   #3
Beanamir of Gondor
Shade of Carn Dūm

Beanamir of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I would walk on snow, surf down the school staircase, have Elvish readings, and be a totally obnoxious showoff and make all of the Crazy Orli Lovers in my school green with jealousy.

"I only lent you my body; you lent me your dream."
Beanamir of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 12:59 PM   #4
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
If I was an elf I'd take a photo of myself to prove I had pointy ears and solve the argument on this poll
Old 01-07-2005, 02:40 PM   #5
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Call it overly serious of me if you like, but I'd spend all day speaking in Quenya and Sindarin, just for the heck of it. Then I'd sit down and use my linguistic powers to master Latin, German, French, Greek, and maybe Old Mercian...

Just because I've always liked languages, but have been to lazy to bother learning them.

Then I'd go trim my beard.

Yeah, my ELVEN beard. (Think Thranduil and Cirdan.)
Old 01-07-2005, 03:35 PM   #6
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

I would spend most of my time trying to woo Galadriel.
(oops just realized we aren't on middle-earth).

Ok, I'll pull an Arwen/Aragorn, and telepathically cyber with Galadriel, in attempts to woo her.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 11:58 AM   #7
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I would become a supermodel and earn loads of money, then go to vegas to exploit my mind reading skill to further advantage.... then really annoy everyone even more by going skiing without needing skis, and finding out everything due to acute hearing and eyesight ..... then go and live in a forest with a magic birdbath....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 02:54 PM   #8
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Come, come to the ball! Don't forget your hobo!

I would control Seattle... Allowing as many protesters to terrorize the city, Turn the whole city into a forest, get rid of pink (though it's not common up here... ) and have the streets play Rasputina, Belle&Sebastian, David Bowie and Dresden Dolls endlessly... Also, I would find a Boromir-look-alike and make him my pet. Then, all the hobo's and I would have a ballroom party and maybe we would invite everyone else. Of course, David Bowie would come and have a concert and the tickets WOULD NOT be sold out! Then, I would give him Queen Anne Hill and make him the Goblin King. Before I forget, All theatres (Movie and live performance) would play Hedwig and the Angry Inch and The Life Aquatic (BOWIE IN PORTUGUESE!!! Ahh!)

Getting back would be another story, I would most likely be like elrond and throw frequent "serious councils" inviting all to find someone and put them in their representative chair. Then I think we would have coffee and lembas.

Yep. Sounds wonderful. Don't you think?

~Dreaming Ka~

Last edited by THE Ka; 01-14-2005 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Cannot forget Hedwig...
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 01:15 PM   #9
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Start a REAL Society for Nearsighted Elves. (Hee hee.)

I'd probably just march around with the "Better Than Thou" attitude, looking down my perfect elven nose at all the pathetic round-eared puny mortals. Yeah. That'd rock. And then I'd use my perfect elven bow skills to see if elves really CAN shoot a bird's eye in the dark. And then I'd probably feel so bad for the now-blind bird that I'd go into mourning and sail across the ocean trying to find the Gray Havens. I'd probably end up in Hawaii, though. Not that that's a bad thing.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:43 PM   #10
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

mmmm I may look down my elven nose at pathetic mortals but I would hope that I would be wat I always imagined most elves to be. Wise, kind, gentle (save to enemies),learned, helpful.

Of course, I could be danerous to anyone I disliked, snobby, prissy, AND, I would fight off with sword, spear and bow all the construction workers around here who cunt down tons of trees.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:34 PM   #11
Nuindacilien
Pile O'Bones

Nuindacilien has just left Hobbiton.
I would (of course) walk on snow. And use my super-sight to spy on people. Heh. Just kidding. But I would walk on snow! Hm, let's see.... Oh, and I would use my wonderful archery skills to shoot orcses. (I actually wish I was good at archery, but I've never tried it! ) That's about all I can think of atm...

~Nuinda
Old 01-11-2005, 01:00 AM   #12
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
I'd finally have enough time to build the perfect rock garden and treehouse and plant lots of cherry trees in secluded locations just so I could come back in 300 years and look at them, because I'm an Elf and I've got the time!

Cheers!
Lyta

P.S. I'd also have time to REALLY look into the Mirror of Galadriel...
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:02 PM   #13
Catherine
Shade of Carn Dūm

Catherine has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
surf down the school staircase
Yeah me too!! That would be sooo cool!!

I would also marry Legolas (yes I am one of those crazy Lego fangirls)
Hummm.....I would get earrings for my cool pointy ears! Also...Idk but it would be soooo cool to be an elf!!
I don't think I should have had the heart to leave it."
~Merry to Haldir in Lothlórien~
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:55 AM   #14
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

I would go out and use my beautiful appearance to have a really good time.

I would also wonder why people kept looking at my ears when they are plainly as ordinary and uninteresting as everyone elses!
Old 01-15-2005, 10:33 PM   #15
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dūm

Morgul Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Morgul Queen
White Tree

Call me boring, but I'd probably spend a lot of my time making maille and practising swordfighting, not to mention working in a resturaunt for money.

If I made it back to M-e, I'd try to get a job in Lord Elrond's library.

Yep, that's what I'd be most likely to do. Given half a chance, I'd re-locate to Lothlorien, but I don't get the feeling that they like outsiders very much, and living in Mirkwood would probably get me killed.

Rivendell it is!
Morgul Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 03:18 AM   #16
Linnahiril Tinnufinwen
Haunting Spirit

Linnahiril Tinnufinwen has just left Hobbiton.
I would use my Elven gifts to try and improve society, if I possibly could. I would attempt to teach people to be more spiritual, and to respect and value nature. I would grow beautiful gardens so that others could visit them. I would sing and dance and make music for all those who would wished to be entertained. And then, I would devote my life to science.

Why devote my life to science? Because as an Elf I would be immortal, and I would be around long enough to see changes in nature, the universe, etc., that human scientists cannot. For example, I might just be around long enough to observe the life and death of a star, or the process of Evolution.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:31 PM   #17
Mad Baggins
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: A place where after thunder golden showers come falling like a rain of flowers.
Mad Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
I would go and win a bunch of marathons.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:25 PM   #18
Morgoth's Apprentice
Animated Skeleton

Location: In Angband, chillin with Morgoth and learning how to take over the world
Morgoth's Apprentice has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morgoth's Apprentice
Dark-Eye

If I found out I was an elf, I would probably freak out and destroy whomever gave me the information. After all, elves to not serve Morgoth. He detests them. I would run for my life, end up being caught, then have to explain the whole thing to the ummm..Balrog torturers when they found me. Of course they wouldn't listen ,so I would have to run away again, then take down as many elf lovers as I could while eliminating my immortality.

As you can see I am not a big fan of the elven way.
Morgoth's Apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote