The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2007, 08:17 AM   #1
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Logging out

Does anyone else find that they get an error screen when they try to log out since the new version was installed. It isn't a major thing since it generally goes ok when you click the link but it is a bit of a nuisance since I am invariably using a shared/ public computer .

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:33 AM   #2
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Me too.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:34 AM   #3
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
My sister and I both - on both computers we both jointly use - have that same problem.

But, Mith, if you have no one else that you have to continually log out afterwards, perhaps you could just click on the "Remember Me" check mark before signing in each time. Then it will log you out automatically, when you exit the window.

-- Folwren
Old 07-03-2007, 09:47 AM   #4
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I have not had that exact problem, but often when I click on "Quick Links" in order to reach my "User CP" nothing happens. . .then I have to click on "active topics" before it works again.

It is quite strange.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:25 AM   #5
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I just realised I'm having the same one... but if I recall correctly, Noggie had figured out how to solve it. Ask him.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:36 AM   #6
Morwen
Shade of Carn Dűm

Morwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
I have not had that exact problem, but often when I click on "Quick Links" in order to reach my "User CP" nothing happens. . .then I have to click on "active topics" before it works again.

It is quite strange.
I'm having a similar problem when I click on "Quick Links". Will have to try your solution of clicking on "Active Topics".
Old 07-03-2007, 12:14 PM   #7
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
My brother and I have also had the same problem logging out.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:06 PM   #8
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
It's just that when you log out, the text says "click here to log out" and when you click, you're logged out. So you kind of have to log out twice.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #9
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Funny how differently different computers operate...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
It's just that when you log out, the text says "click here to log out" and when you click, you're logged out.
With my computer I need first to click the "click here to log out" and then actually to log out again. But it works.

I haven't any problems with "quick links" but many functions (like repping or PM'ing via a username in the thread) requires a right-click and opening a new window...

But when writing a post with Mozilla the post doean't run up to it's beginning-position if you add some specials like bolding or smilies!

Maybe we learn to use this soon and those few minor bugs can be dealt with...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:04 PM   #10
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Try the logout link at the bottom right side of the index - the one which says "Log Out [insert Downer name]" - it works well for me.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:35 PM   #11
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dűm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Lhunardawen,

This is a really good suggestion about clicking on the log out link on the bottom. When I do the one on top, it never works. But when I did the link on the bottom, it worked every time. Thanks!
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Tevildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:07 AM   #12
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
You are very much welcome, Tevildo.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:52 PM   #13
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Things seem to be smoothing out here with the mechanics of the new version but there still are some funny things around.

Like sometimes I can open the "quick links" from anywhere I want but on other times I need to get to the "User CP" page to open it...

And I still can't log myself out without three clicks. At least with my computer the only possible log out -place is in the top-right corner of the page (under the "wellcome, Nogrod, You last visited..., private messages: unread..., and right beside the "quick links"). So where do you others have this log out from the bottom of the page?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:21 PM   #14
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

I've been having problems with the search function. Especially the search users function. For some reason whenever I click on search nothing happens.

Does anyone else have a similar problem?
Old 07-14-2007, 05:58 PM   #15
ninja91
Shade of Carn Dűm

ninja91 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Ranger View Post
I've been having problems with the search function. Especially the search users function. For some reason whenever I click on search nothing happens.

Does anyone else have a similar problem?
I have the same problem. My lower toolbar says "Done, but with errors on page" whenever I try to search the member's list.
The rider was robed all in black, and black was his lofty helm; yet this was no Ringwraith but a living man. The Lieutenant of the Tower of Barad-dűr he was, and his name is remembered in no tale; for he himself had forgotten it...
ninja91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:30 AM   #16
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Since the recent forum software update, we are having a few problems with dropdown menus. The administration is working on them, but in the meantime, try right-clicking and opening the search or other function in a new window or new tab, depending on your browser. That will usually do the trick.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote