Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2006, 06:16 PM   #241
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Another two for the kitchens!

LMP: Wherever you choose is where Eodwine and Degas now are. Also, whatever you choose to have them talk about is up for grabs.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:12 PM   #242
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Are we allowed to stick up saves? If not. . .I've broken the rules and will get rid of it as soon as possible. But I can't concern myself with that now, it's time to eat.

Till later!

-- Folwren
Old 03-27-2006, 09:10 PM   #243
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay. Ack! I'm really, actually, gonna get a post up on the thread tomorrow! No, really!
Old 03-27-2006, 09:25 PM   #244
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Okay. Ack! I'm really, actually, gonna get a post up on the thread tomorrow! No, really!
I don't believe you.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:56 PM   #245
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
I'll get something up tomorrow morning.

I'll bet she believes me...
Old 03-28-2006, 07:30 AM   #246
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Only girls of a certain age can talk in italics. And I decided that since Folwren's save will end with everyone boiling out of the kitchen chaotically anyway, it's ok if we delay our arrival a little bit.

Oh and Folwren, go to the temporary hall under the tent in the courtyard. At least I think that's what Elempi suggested a few posts back...
Old 03-28-2006, 07:46 AM   #247
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Oops, we've actually arrived. Though eveyone's about to leave, once we decide on a place.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:03 AM   #248
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Quote:
Lin's vocabulary had lost much of its girth since the arrival of Saeryn's dashing brother.
Fea, you are wonderful. Arriving is fine. I meant to delay only until we got a conversation through.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:28 AM   #249
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I can move that post. I don't have to write it just there, and it looks like it may be better to start leaving not where my save is, but where the story is now, pretty much. Give me all your people's opinions and when I get back from cleaning the kitchen I'll write my post and decide where to put it. (I hope to have that done before noon.)(No definite promises, though.)

-- Folwren
Old 03-28-2006, 10:44 AM   #250
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

I think that's just fine. (Besides, Fea and I posted with the assumption that you would, and that it would result in everyone going somewhere else.)
Old 03-28-2006, 01:54 PM   #251
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Okay. Save filled, then. They're leaving the kitchen and repairing to the Great, roofless Hall, much to Thornden's disapointment.

-- Folwren
Old 03-28-2006, 04:05 PM   #252
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Thumbs up

Quote:
Young Aedhel is a valuable asset to any household. I shall suggest the Lord send her to study under the Healer who came the night we arrived. I think there is much talent hidden in her retiring manner.
Love it Jenny that ties in wonderfully, LMP you will remember that in a previous post I had the healer pull Eodwine aside, it had been my thought then to have the healer remark on her knowledge of healing, even enquiring after her tutelage. This should give Eodwine some thought when Marenil mentions it too.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:32 PM   #253
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerindel
Love it Jenny that ties in wonderfully, LMP you will remember that in a previous post I had the healer pull Eodwine aside, it had been my thought then to have the healer remark on her knowledge of healing, even enquiring after her tutelage. This should give Eodwine some thought when Marenil mentions it too.
I like it.

I haven't caught up on all the posts written since I peeked my head in here about three days ago, and I'll use tonight to catch up and write one myself.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

There shall be no saves at the Eorling Mead Hall rpg from here on out.

I shall blithely plagiarize Pio: The Mead Hall can do without SAVES. If you're going to be gone for a while, please ask other gamers to carry your character according to your wishes. The pace of the Mead Hall rpg thread is slow enough so that we don't need saves.

If you there's something crucial you need to post but can't at the time, you can post it to this thread and ask for Pio to insert it in the appropriate place on the rpg. Simply post a quick general idea of what you'd like to have your character do, and ask for a volunteer to work it into our posts if you don't have the time to write the post yourself.

Oh, and if there's any doubt, I personally don't like 'em. I can count how many I've done on one hand, and a good half of those were jokes. Ask Fea, she'll tell you.

Any questions?
Old 03-28-2006, 08:40 PM   #254
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Ask Fea, she'll tell you.
Oh will I.

Quote:
Any questions?
Where do babies come fr--

Oh, you meant game-wise. Nope. I'm good.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:10 PM   #255
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:

ANNOUNCEMENT:

There shall be no saves at the Eorling Mead Hall rpg from here on out.
Sorry. I figured I'd broken some law or other when I stuck up my save last night.

Quote:
Any questions?
Aye, am I forgiven?

(I'm guessing I am.)

(Edit: But you never know. Some people ask for a certain amount of pushups on such occasions.)

-- Folwren
Old 03-28-2006, 09:22 PM   #256
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Oh my oh my. We have descended almost into 'camp' (posts 137&138). Who will rescue us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny
Lin was aware, in a detached sort of way...
Detached, my foot.

Alcarillo, please delete your post # 143, write what you need to here, and ask (on this thread) for Pio to place it where you want it. Thanks!
Old 03-28-2006, 09:27 PM   #257
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

See what we get up to without your steady guidance? We need you here, Elempi. Otherwise teenage romances spring up.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:29 PM   #258
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Oh come on...teenage romances spring up with or without mature and adult guidance (your birthday is over, lmp, now we can pick on you again ).

And this teenage romance was too perfect an opportunity to pass by.

Besides, campy angsty fiction is fun to write.

EDIT:
*creepy ghost noises* Yes, she's aaallllwaaaaayyssss here....
Old 03-28-2006, 09:32 PM   #259
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
And this teenage romance was too perfect an opportunity to pass by.
Especially, LMP, if you ever do write that special bit of conflict that you've now said may never happen. Can you imagine?
Old 03-28-2006, 09:35 PM   #260
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

I've set it up (btw) to give Marenil his bad news letter...now I'm going to put the actual event off for a while for greater effect. (translated: I'm feeling guilty about it again. Never write characters you like! Write characters you WANT nasty things to happen to!)

EDIT:

Fea, I do not handle suspense well....just a warning...
Old 03-28-2006, 09:38 PM   #261
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Especially, LMP, if you ever do write that special bit of conflict that you've now said may never happen. Can you imagine?
Ooh, you're a bad girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny
Never write characters you like! Write characters you WANT nasty things to happen to!
Oh, you know very well it doesn't work that way. The worst stuff happens to the characters you care most about.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:42 PM   #262
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Ooh, you're a bad girl.
I know. *looks guilty and innocent at the same time*

But wouldn't that just... make for some really great writing?

Okay, Jen. I'll be nice now and stop.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:44 PM   #263
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Quote:
Okay, Jen. I'll be nice now and stop.
Too late.

Quote:
Oh, you know very well it doesn't work that way. The worst stuff happens to the characters you care most about.
Oh I know... *sigh*

The characters I don't like tend to lead very boring lives anyway, as I don't particularly care what happens to them.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:57 PM   #264
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
The characters I don't like tend to lead very boring lives anyway, as I don't particularly care what happens to them.
*shudders remembering some characters*

I know what you mean. I very nearly killed them in exasperation. I figured that death would add a bit of interest to their lives.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:02 PM   #265
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
I know what you mean. I very nearly killed them in exasperation. I figured that death would add a bit of interest to their lives.
The more violent the death, the better. Good way to deal with frustration.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:06 PM   #266
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
The more violent the death, the better. Good way to deal with frustration.
Somebody at home got their eyes stabbed out. They had to leave. Excuse courtesy of the 'Downs's very own burrahobbit.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:09 PM   #267
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

I once kicked an experienced Rider of Rohan off his horse and over an unpredictably placed cliff. Broke his neck.

When other RPers questioned me about it, I told them the spirit of Eorl dwelt in those rocks and he agreed with me the character was boring and irritating.

I did offer to continue to play using the much-more-interesting horse as my character, but for some reason they turned me down.

I have never built a character I didn't like since.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:33 AM   #268
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Hi! Back again! (hmm...did she leave? You'll never know...)

Anyway just wanted to specify that the Spoonerism was intentional, should anyone wonder.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:00 PM   #269
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Oh, what a mess I've made now. How will everybody react?
Old 03-29-2006, 08:39 PM   #270
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Alcarillo, please delete your post # 143, write what you need to here, and ask (on this thread) for Pio to place it where you want it. Thanks!
D'oh! Sorry! I had filled it in by the time I saw this.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:54 PM   #271
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm back and will be posting tomorrow morning (I'm too tired just now). Great writing, everybody! (And I mean that. There were a couple times where I half forgot that I was sitting at my computer at all).
Old 03-29-2006, 09:00 PM   #272
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Okay, I'm about to post a post with the assumption that when this make-shift Mead Hall fell, it fell on top of all those people who had gathered there. If this assumption is incorrect, then my post is completely obsolete, in which case, carry on as if it weren't there and I will delete it when this mistake has been corrected.

However, so long as my assumption is correct, consider the post as standing.
Firefoot and Alcarillo - I have called your characters, willing or unwilling, out of the stables to help. I wouldn't advise telling Thornden you were busy right now.

-- Folwren
Old 03-29-2006, 09:21 PM   #273
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
I wouldn't advise telling Thornden you were busy right now.
I'm sure that would go well... I'm not sure that Leof would have it in him to say something like that anyway.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:04 PM   #274
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcarillo
D'oh! Sorry! I had filled it in by the time I saw this.
No problem, Alca. Hope you didn't delete it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Okay, I'm about to post a post with the assumption that when this make-shift Mead Hall fell, it fell on top of all those people who had gathered there.
Actually, it's the REAL mead hall that has fallen in, with the residents safely in the temporary one. So the only problem for them is they're all covered in dust and dirty water. Ick.

So, Folwren, it'd be great, but it ain't what happened. Maybe you could change your post to have Thornden fear the worst and BE AFRAID that people might be under there?

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 03-29-2006 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:10 PM   #275
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

I liked Folwren's post...but I also don't think we need the extra drama. Half the Inn is already recovering from some medical crisis or another--more injuries is just redundant. Could Folwren adjust her post to rescuing, say, Frodides, and Kara if she stayed in the kitchen?

EDIT: Missed your edit, lmp...anyway, I'm not posting until tomorrow...must sleep. (I guess she does leave the Downs...imagine that)
Old 03-30-2006, 07:39 AM   #276
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

If you'd be so kind as to tell me what needs doing, gallant Degas will do it. But not until after classes are over and I'm done enjoying the hot sunshine on my well sunscreened back.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:08 AM   #277
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
So, Folwren, it'd be great, but it ain't what happened. Maybe you could change your post to have Thornden fear the worst and BE AFRAID that people might be under there?
I am going to start writing my post with this assumption - Folwren, if you decide you want to do something else with it, I'll change it.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:55 AM   #278
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
No problem, Alca. Hope you didn't delete it....

Actually, it's the REAL mead hall that has fallen in, with the residents safely in the temporary one. So the only problem for them is they're all covered in dust and dirty water. Ick.

Ah, shucks. I was getting excited. Well, I'll see what I can do in the course of this morning.

-- Folwren
Old 03-30-2006, 09:04 AM   #279
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Folwren, can you still have Thornden shout out to Leof and Garwine? I'm having some fun in the stables - post should be up fairly soon...
Old 03-30-2006, 09:21 AM   #280
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hm. . .looks like you've posted already. Let me go read what you wrote. But I realized, after hearing LmP's correction of my assumption and then re-reading his post what actually happened. (I never had a clear idea of the working going on. . .I've a bad brain for construction.) It appears that if anyone's in dangered it's the people who are actually inside the building, and that ends up being Fordides, maybe Kara, and Thornden. However, I'll read your post and decide if Thornden makes it out, sees the damage, and then thinks everyone is trapped or whatever. . .we'll see what takes place.

EDIT: Yes, I can still have him call you. I figured out a likely way. Nice post. Do you work with horses much? I have to say, your spooking horses were very realistically written. Especially when she decided to calm down. It's so annoying when the animal just about kills you and then decides there's nothing further to spook about.

-- Folwren

Last edited by Folwren; 03-30-2006 at 09:27 AM.