The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2007, 06:33 AM   #41
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dűm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
So it was mere joking from SpM? I thought he was serious (!) and also thought I should just jump to the Day 1 suspicions that we had last game. Isn't it good to suspect people to get the wolves out of the darkness on Day 1? It seems I've drawn suspicion onto myself when we should be concentrating on finding the real wolves. I was not jumping onto SpM's bandwagon, I already suspected Anguirel before I read his post, but I suppose I can't prove that.

Anyways...

++Anguirel

And Legate looks a bit hostile to me.
The Sixth Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:44 AM   #42
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Oh dear... and already I feel the need to explain myself...

I felt that the Day was going a bit too smooothly til then, so I felt like mixing things up a little (reason why I cared little about who I put into the same category with others). Who is better suited for mixing things up than the next best orc?
I certainly don't want to tell people how they should be playing, and if some have understood me that way I'd like to apologise. However, there are some ways of playing that make me more suspicious than other, and I think that is legitimate.

My main suspects right now are Legate and Six, followed by Mith, followed by, well, pretty much everybody...
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:45 AM   #43
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I strongly suspect the Lord Denethor of having designs on my wife. And there seems to be a plot to kill me. How dreadful. I shall go off and commune with trees and return with some sensible, eucalyptus-induced thoughts.

I feel like voting for that Sixth Dwarf fellow but couldn't really do so with my integrity intact, as I happen to be his scapegoat.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:12 AM   #44
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Mac, I don't get your tactics... (But fair enough, I've never been a fan of "I'm an innocent but I try to cause confusion" -tactics. And before you guys jump on it, I'm not declaring Mac innocent. )

I should go and vote soon-ish. No other things has caught my attention and rang my alarm bells than Sixth's behaviour, but to be honest he hasn't been that bad either.

I'm off to reread and to arrange my thoughts...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:22 AM   #45
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
Why this sudden fit of defensiveness, Rune?

There is nothing wrong with in-character-ness. You might have noticed that I left Ang and Diamond out of my list. That's because they mixed their in-character fun with actual points. And of course there's also nothing wrong with pure in-character stuff. All you have to do is deal with my suspicion then.
Defensiveness? I would rather call it anger . . . Actually it was a matter of me thinking you chritisism was unfair. It is alright to think there is too much in charachter stuff going on, but I thought your point about the rules was weird. . .

It kind of seemed like a way to stir things up and whether that is with good or bad intentions I cannot say.

The post seemed like a good way to
1. get some talking going
2. get my views said
3. meet your demands on less in charachter posting

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:30 AM   #46
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
This far those who have spoken (I don't count the icers here):

Sauce has been very amusing and contributive and I'm inclined to think him innocent at this phase. Boro is weird but in an innocent way, I would say, knowing his playing style.

Rune, Di, Ang, Mith and Mac seem all pretty normal. Nothing particularly alarming there.

Like pointed out by Sauce and Mac, Legate is behaving oddly. I don't like the feel of his first post. (Maybe because I don't like pompoeus speeches... ) Legate slightly worries me, though I'm not sure if he would be this bantery as a baddie.

Sixth is acting weirdly and in a way I could imagine a relatively inexperienced wolf to act. But he's not overtly suspicious... Anyway he's most probably going to get my vote as he's the only one who stands out...

edit: xed with the Elf-wannabe
Old 05-15-2007, 07:34 AM   #47
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Alright.

++The Sixth Wizard

Hopefully see you toMorrow, if not then on Day3 (if I'm alive that is).
Old 05-15-2007, 08:01 AM   #48
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
When this game is over, we all have probably read the Lotr at least once...

We doesn't have much time now, precious, but unlike we thought, we'll be able to return & vote before the deadline.

Sixth jumped quite eagerly on Anguirel after Spm's joke, but we doesn't know if it was because he's a first-timer wolf or because the opinion, though a joke, of a more experienced player kind of confirmed his suspicions.

We didn't like the tone of Legate's posts either, but we thinks it might be thus because we know the person who originally uttered these words was evil, and have associated the words with sorcery and wickedness. Or then there's something more, we doesn't know.

Now we're leaving for some hours, but we'll be back, precious, we'll be back. To catch fishes we go!
Old 05-15-2007, 08:37 AM   #49
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Mith I'm inclined to trust, though again, she hasn't said anything that I see other that in-character stuff.

Lommy's vote speaks well for her, but we shall see, we shall see.

Legate and Aganzir I find innocentish.

I'm more afraid of Mac and Ang, maybe purely for their harsh tone (and because I'm paranoid after learning that I'm "the confused innocent"). I'll try not to prosecute without solid factss.

SPM, toss me a vegetarian soup, would you please!

Last edited by Volo; 05-15-2007 at 08:42 AM.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:34 AM   #50
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I'm being accused of excessive joviality and chipperness by Denethor, and of a "harsh tone" by Volo...business as usual then. To be honest, I think Volo's description of me conforms more to my stereotype than anything I've actually done so far, which puts me a touch on edge.

I'm unlikely to vote for the Steward of Gondor because he's behaving the same way as always and I want to keep him alive so I can kill him in a duel...

Sauce and Thinlomien also strike me as not far off the beaten track, though Sauce is being quite pally I suppose.

I trust my wife without reservation...but I'm not sure anyone else should. I'm a little unnerved by the universal credence she's captured so far. Of course I won't vote for her. That's the trouble with being a dominated male.

Saruman genuinely strikes me as a pretty odd, combative cove and may receive my vote.

I am, as I have said above, suspicious of Volo because his thinking, re: me, seems a bit lazy.

I am suspicious of Sixth Wizard Dwarf Whatever but won't vote for him unless I have to save my life, as it seems slightly bad form.

I might also vote for Gil-Galad, just as a kind of despairing spoilt ballot.

Basically I'm keen on voting for Volo or Legate if I get some support. I'm about close to the deadline so may retract in an emergency, but my first vote will be soonish.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:36 AM   #51
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
do anyoneyou make up types have tweezers?
Ah, I think, yes Mith! Here we are. Though I wonder, Galadriel as a bearded lady? Could be interesting.

Quote:
So you would rather turn Day Two into a flurry of arguments?
No. By Day 2 we will have voting records, a Night's kill and all the information from toDay to study. Arguments on Day 2 generally focus on individuals rather than ideas. But I changed my mind anyway so never mind!

But enough of that, it's toDay we have to focus on right now. So:

Shasta - told us he (?) wouldn't be around much so haven't exactly got any ideas about him (?).

Ang - has been having fun with his character, but there's nothing sinister in that. I do wonder why he pointed out the possible existence of extra roles, as this was something we all knew might happen from the admin thread and then from the narration. Trying to be helpful or just trying to make his post longer perhaps. It is also odd that he would point out wolvish tactics, as that is something that often brings suspicion. If anything he is acting like he would expect a not-quite-so-experienced wolf to act. A ruse perhaps, but in which direction I don't yet know.

Volo - um, I don't actually entirely understand his first post but he has since returned to say that he thinks Mith, Lommy, Legate and Aganzir seem innocent though there aren't really reasons for any of that. Is 'afraid' of Mac and Ang because of their tones but doesn't want to say anything until he has some actual facts. Bit hedging your bets there. I hope we see something a bit more concrete before Day ends.

Aganzir - mentions Sixth jumping on Sauce's joking accusation of Ang and says she doesn't like the tone of Legate's posts either. There are some good bits of reasoning behind both ideas, and there is a promise of returning later, so I'm quite comfortable with Aganzir at the moment.

Mith - there are some words of wisdom scattered within the banter, especially those about the voting. Double-lynches. *shudders* With so many wolves those really could be bad for us at the beginning. Her 'silence is not golden' point was a good one too. Plus, what she is saying in silliness is making me laugh out loud! It may just be the endorphins from happiness but I'm putting Mith in the innocent pile toDay.

Legate - his first post was all about the roles that haven't been explicitly stated, and there seemed to be a call for all to reveal, a dangerous move so early in the game. We've also seen nothing but banter and some defense about his previous statements, so I'm not too keen on him right now.

xyzzy - we've had only the one post from him and it was entirely banter. Hopefully we'll see more of him before the end of the Day.

Gil - mentions his hatred of Day 1 which may be why we've seen nothing from him since that first post. I can only hope he doesn't just pop in with a vote with no reasoning and then disappear again. After the last game I have expectations!

Rune - a sudden burst of annoyance at Mac over the banter thing has made it appear that he is talking with susbstance, but in fact apart from a mention that Mac was trying to stir things up he really hasn't said anything at all. One to watch out for I think.

Di - votes for Gil, for no real reason I think, but she did have to go early. It's hardly an excuse but then with how few people had spoken at the time she didn't have much to go on. No condemnation for that.

Sauce - seemed unimpressed by events so far and made some joking comments about various people. Then thought Legate odd (which I agree with) and made a comment about the possibility of Lovers (which I really hope aren't around), both of which were good points and had some evidence to back them up. Mentions some suspicion of Sixth for jumping on his joking accusation of Ang and then votes for him. Everything seems quite above board here, and the food isn't half bad, I'm keeping Sauce as innocent.

Brinniel - we've only had one post from her toDay and it had nothing of any substance in it. Again we'll have to hope she turns up later with something to say.

Boro - voted for himself, apparently to try and get people talking, but when found that didn't work he retracted his vote and voted for Ang 'for no real reason'. Now, having exonerated Di for doing the same thing I can hardly jump on Boro for it either. However, it feels more forced than Di's vote did. I know that's terrible reasoning, but how can you explain a feeling?

Sixth - mentions that Ang looks suspicious, and then says this idea was backed up by Sauce. Though Sauce's accusation was just banter it seems that he took it seriously, but then Sixth also thinks Sauce looks suspicious. Mm, I can see why people are voting for him, but I think I want to give him the benefit of the doubt for toDay at least. There is definitely some miscommunication going on.

Lommy - worried that people such as Ang, Mith and Legate have been spending their time chatting about nothing rather than trying to come up with anything constructive which is a fair point, and finds a comment from Ang that makes her worried about him. Also mentions Sixth and his 'jumping' on Sauce's accusation of Ang. Then thinks Mac is being odd in lumping Ang, Mith and Legate together with Rune, Brinn and Gil, when the former three had actually managed to get something constructive into their posts when the latter three had not. This is a very good point, and it seems odd that Mac would do such a thing. Votes for Sixth in the end because he was the only one that had really caught her attention. Well, she has made about the most posts so far, has come up with some very good points and has spoken with substance rather than just banter, and she seems to be acting like 'normal', so I'm going to put her down as innocent.

Mac - thinks Legate looks odd, picks up on a point from me and agrees with Lommy and Sauce about Sixth. I agree with the first point and I've responded to the second at the top of this post. As for that third comment. Sixth has been accused because he 'jumped' on Sauce's accusation. Well what is everyone doing now but 'jumping' on this accusation of Sixth! I don't know, it feels like a bandwagon in the making without anything substantial behind it. Says Rune is being overly defensive, which indeed he did seem to be. Defends himself against Lommy but not very effectively as his argument seems to be 'oh did I do that? silly old me, but don't worry, there was a reason'. Still suspects Legate and Sixth but we've not had a vote yet. Something odd about this one.

Well I think that's everyone. I forgot how long those things take. Where's spawn when you need her? Oh, wait, Durelin is missing! Hope she gets here before the deadline. Now, let's see.

Innocent:
Aganzir
Mith
Di
Sauce
Lommy
Kath

Guilty:
Ang
Legate
Rune
Boro
Mac

No idea:
Shasta
Gil
Brinniel
xyzzy
Durelin
Volo
Sixth

These are (obviously) very rough lists which aren't in order, but it's just to help me work out what I'm thinking. I'll have to vote relatively soon as I won't be here at the deadline. In fact, I'm going to vote now.

++ RUNE

I'd dearly love to vote Mac, but I want to see what else he has to say for himself first and I won't be able to before the end of the Day, so Rune it is.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:37 AM   #52
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
And Brinniel, darling ..lemonade in my fountain - I don't think the lady of the Golden wood would be getting the vision with tesco value pop, do you? Make it Gin & Tonic, there's a love, does wonders for the vocal cords...
Very well then. I most certainly will do my best.

Okay, I have gotten up from my trailer a little earlier than I prefer, but indeed, some sleep has given me a chance to think things over...

I won't deny Sixth's behaviour is rather suspicious and the fact that he continues to pursue Ang (for little reason, I think) even after he realises he has mistakenly taken SPM's case seriously, certainly doesn't make things better for him. But so often, the one who makes the most outrageous statements turns out innocent, yet then again, I have been very wrong on this before (coughGlirdancough). These posts could quite possibly come from an in-experienced Sixth Wolf, but then it could be an in-experienced Sixth innocent as well. Hmm...I'm not sure what to think. Sixth is certainly not in the clear for me, but I won't place him on the very top of my suspicious list just yet.

Legate, however, I find more suspicious. He speaks loudly in his three posts without saying much of anything. And as I think it's been mentioned before, the fact that he encourages others to speak up in his first post, yet does not follow his own advise, is rather odd. I will definitely be watching him closely.

Anyways, I should be around for the next couple hours leading up to the deadline. I have this fear that the last fifteen minutes are going to be complete chaos (of course, isn't it always? ) since retractions are allowed and all..

EDIT: X-ed with Ang and Kath
Old 05-15-2007, 09:43 AM   #53
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
White-Hand

Okay, seems the discussion has started, I want to contribute now, time for picking Saruman's lines will be later.

First: who looks suspicious to me now. You have "colored yourselves" nice over the time I wasn't here, especially some of you. And there is already a bandwaggon running: against Anguirel. Some people seem also concerned about Sixth, which is quite logical (or is it?) contrasting move. Now, what I feel about these two:

Anguirel the Strange. Anguirel the Wood-walker. Anguirel the Barbarian Elf. Don't know what Anguirel's style of playing is, but he seems strange to me. From the beginning, I didn't like his style, it seemed to me as too much in-role and too long for an in-role, nothing-saying post, being vocal enough to be noticed, maybe even get sympathies, but saying nothing in game - not even trying to. Of course everyone posted in-role at that time (and I thought it all right, if only we didn't overdo it), but you would say Ang could make it shorter: for example Agnazir&Volo made little Gollum-Sméagol entertainment and finito. Ang was the first to post something longer, but saying nothing. This is why I suspected him then, and now, seeing a bandwaggon rolls, despite all doubts there might be, I am inclined to vote for him. Though I will wait yet - plenty of time. Let's see if anyone has anything to add to this topic.

Six on the other hand seems ok to me, and if you read the above, you'll understand why: he independantly came to the same conclusion as I, he started to suspect Anguirel. I sympathise with him now and I think he didn't do anything that could be called suspicious besides starting a bandwaggon against Ang (if Ang is even innocent, see above), so I'm leaving him out of my suspicions now.

Now to the matters that are connected with this. Based on what I said of Six, I am somewhat uneasy about SpM, because, like Six, I thought his "suspicion" on Anguirel (which he then said was a joke) as serious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
Actually, as Lommy the Balrog has correctly noted, my accusation of Anguirel was mere flippantry. Anguirel is far from being the only one to have posted mostly in character and, indeed, is one of the few to have made some points of substance among the frippery. You seem to accept that your suspicion is less than well-founded, but why single out Anguirel from all the banterers?
If Six thinks like me, I'd understand why he picks Ang, so this matter would be solved for me. But now what alarmed me SpM did was, he rigtaway continued with:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
I am ever suspicious of those who pick up on flippant accusations, so my eye is on you Sixth.
I understand the thought if SpM were innocent - when you mention someone suspicious, even in a joke, if a person jumps on it, it can as well be a Wolf seeking for opportunity to find a scrapegoat. But the way SpM rightaway jumps at Six does not seem all okay to me. Also, SpM's vote for Sixth might look like creating a secondary bandwaggon to save a friend. Of course it wouldn't make sense then, if SpM & Ang are wolves, to even joke about suspecting Ang, on which some people could jump (like Six did). If Ang were not a wolf, it would make perfect sense if SpM were - making a joke, rising a suspicion on someone, then retracting from it so that he doesn't end blammed for innocent Ang's lynch.

The other person who spoke up in an important point in this discussion was Lommy, who mentioned that "SpM probably joked" even before SpM himself said it. What this says of Lommy? Well, if he's wolfish, for Lommy then it wouldn't make sense to be in alliance with SpM because of aiding him (with saying that what he said was joke) would get them in connection in the eyes of public. Then the question is, if they would've thought of that, or if they wouldn't ignore it (Lommy, from that part). But here I am coming to the place of very big speculating, so let's leave it for now.

The other person who raised alarms in Orthanc when I was reading through the thread was Mac. Mac is strange. He seems to be "over-eager in speaking sense", and when I remember him as being innocent, when I was innocent and him as well, we were pretty much agreeing on many things. Now he seems over-eager and strange. He is at first harsh like Treebeard's bark and then in #42 he is smooth as the wall of Orthanc. If I didn't have my script at me, I'd think he stole my text from the chapter "Voice of Saruman".

Other people have said either too few, or just in-character, or it makes a neutral feeling for me, or not of interest at this point.

In conclusion: Ang looks suspicious, Six not unless something else happens, SpM might as well be a wolf, Mac is strange. Others - either questionable or no data.

Oh, and one more thing. I think it was Mac who said it first and in a rather offensive way, but also some others, I don't know who, but some people said that my posts were just banter. Here I would like to note that ALL my posts have content. In the posts at the beginning of the Day, I was using Saruman's lines, but modified them, so that I both enjoyed the in-character play and also said something. So whatever LotR language my posts may seem, I am saying real things, sometimes just in LotR language. After all, there even wasn't much to say at that time. And as Agnazir said, if it at any time seemed offensive, well, that's the nature of Saruman's words.

EDIT: x-ed with Ang, Kath, Brinniel
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:46 AM   #54
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Righty-ho...how about this

++VOLO

Wishy-washy, non-commital, unconvincing and dodgy. That a harsh enough tone for you, fella-me-lad...?
Old 05-15-2007, 09:58 AM   #55
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I think Saruman's innocent, slightly annoyingly as if we don't hang him we'll have to endure his insufferable tongue and proto-industrialism for the next fortnight. Nevertheless, that last, magnificent Philippic of a post struck me as bearing all the marks of that deadliest of animals, The Innocent With A Beloved Theory!

Certainly that tirade helps to convince me I did rightly in avoiding voting for him, despite considerable provocation. Besides there's something of a consensus building against him, I now see, which I don't much like the look of.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:21 AM   #56
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I have just lost my post gah ... no time but I am here and need to do one of my lists ...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:29 AM   #57
Volo

It's just a game, so don't be offended. It's just a game, so don't be offencive.

We might have different meanings for the word "harsh", but I do completely agree with Legate, about your, Ang, half-in-half-out-character talk being annoying and easily changed by yourself. If you are a wolf, I suggest you quit it. If you are an innocent, I suggest you quit it. This will always put you into a guilty light, whatever the case.

I'm sure thing going to vote you now. Though you're probably innocent. Your accusation came so out of nowhere. My first post was PURE in-character stuff, without ANY useful content. My second post was pretty much my thoughts as they are. Why no more than that? For the simple reason that I didn't have anything else to say. Are you expecting me to have great analysis for the talk here? You yourself don't have much stuff to say...

++Anguirel
Old 05-15-2007, 10:33 AM   #58
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Vege-what? I can do you a vegemite sandwich, if you want.

Well, a bit more to get my teeth into now. So, here goes ...

Rikae – Would undoubtedly have been either a Wolf or the Seer, were she not dead.

Volo – First post mere banter. Has recently returned to note a few suspicions. But nothing solid.

Legate of Amon Lanc – Much interaction with Ang and Mith at the beginning, but little substance (despite his protestations to the contrary). Exhorted everyone to talk (or everyone then present, as he later claimed) and then got rather defensive in response to a mild rebuke from Ang. More substance in his latest post, although I find it strange that he should suspect Ang for being ‘in-character’ for too long, given his own behaviour in this regard. His comments about me are, of course, pure nonsense and look to be somewhat retaliatory in nature.

Macalaure – Laid into the continuing banterers with vigour, subsequently claiming that he was attempting to stir things up (difficult to see what this was designed to achieve, if so). Accused Rune of being defensive, then got rather defensive himself when challenged on his stance against bantering.

Boromir88 – Voted for himself (effectively wasting his first vote, seemingly in the cause of character development), then retracted to vote for Ang, for no other reason than the latter was being too chirpy. Rather erratic behaviour but, as others have noted, that can be his way.

Mithalwen – Has appeared to glide serenely through the proceedings thus far, and has done little to raise suspicion. This could be because she is innocent or it could be because she wants to give that impression. Did raise a few substantive points ‘in character’, as it were. Linked with Ang, albeit through their choice of roles.

Shastanis Althreduin – Nought but banter.

Durelin – Nought, full stop.

Xyzzy – Again, nought but banter.

Brinniel – First post banter. Her recent post focussed on Sixth and Legate (ie those currently topping the ‘most discussed’ chart) .

Thinlómien – One of the more substantive contributors. Can’t really fault her vote for Sixth, given my own suspicion of him. Nothing to raise any alarms with me so far.

The Sixth Wizard – Jumped on my flippant accusation of Ang, although he claims to have suspected him independently. Hasn’t really explained his vote, save by reference to Ang being one of the more talkative of those present. But one or two others have been equally talkative, so why Ang in particular?

Anguirel – Some substance amidst the opening flim-flammery. Mild skirmish with Legate, both in-character and in relation to Legate’s request for discussion. The only thing that I thought slightly odd was his early suggestion that the Wolves might look to distance themselves from each other. Well, not if that’s what people are looking for, they won’t. Could be a comment designed to conceal his allegiances, should he later prove malign. His recent comments on his likely vote look genuine enough.

Kath – Not sure what to make of her mysterious ‘issue’ that she decided not to raise and now claims to have changed her mind about. Why mention it at all in the first place? Her recent analysis looks pretty solid, though, with some good points raised, although I'm not sure where she got the idea that I raised the possibility of Lovers.

Gil-Galad – He came. He posted. He said he didn’t like Day 1s. And that’s about it. Where the expansive Gil of recent times?

Aganzir – Like Volo, first post was mere banter, followed up recently with a few thoughts. Nothing to raise my concerns.

Rune – Bit of banter. Other than that, his main contribution has been to challenge Mac’s criticism of the banterers.

Diamond18 – Early vote for Gil could have been an attempt to start a bandwagon. But she appears to have been obliged to vote early, and there was little to go on at that stage.

Voting thus far:

Diamond: ++Gil-Galad (Gil-1)
Boromir: ++Boromir (Gil-1, Boro-1)
Boromir: --Boromir, ++Anguirel (Gil-1, Anguirel-1)
SpM: ++Sixth (Gil-1, Anguirel-1, Sixth-1)
Sixth: ++Anguirel (Gil-1, Anguirel-2, Sixth-1)
Lommy: ++Sixth (Gil-1, Anguirel-2, Sixth-2)
Kath: ++Rune (Gil-1, Anguirel-2, Sixth-2, Rune-1)
Ang: ++Volo (Gil-1, Anguirel-2, Sixth-2, Rune-1, Volo-1)

I must conclude that, purely on the basis of my own analysis, Legate is looking rather suspicious. That said, I can certainly appreciate the possibility that he is an over-thinking innocent (having fallen into that trap myself on more than one occasion). His recent post looks to draw much firmer conclusions that I would expect from a Wolf on Day 1. And I too am wary of the suspicion gathering around him, albeit witout a vote thus far.

So I'll leave my vote for Sixer to stand for now. I'm not sure where this idea that he is inexperienced is coming from? Isn't he a veteran of something like three games now?

Edit: Crossed with Volo, as is often the way with villager-by-villager analyses.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:36 AM   #59
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Must you kill my husband so soon? I mean I don't know if he is innocent but he is is charming and fun .... could make an elf queen die of grief...

Kath darling I asked for tweezers not shears !...situation far from being so drastic .. I am not a dwarf..though if Galadriel had a beard it would explain Gimli's crush

*continues reading*

Old 05-15-2007, 10:36 AM   #60
Volo

The in-out-character confusion has also a second contributer. Please, Legate, either in-character or out-character.

Kath's is interesting. It might go for trying too hard, as it has a lot of nothing saying observations. Then again, it can be her sincere thoughts.

EDIT: Xd with SPM and Mith
Old 05-15-2007, 10:42 AM   #61
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

At the risk of further accusations of 'palliness', I fail to see the basis for these accusations of harshness against Ang. Perhaps I am just used to his style. However, like Mith, I would rather not see him fall at the first fence as I rather appreciate his wit.

Volo's seeming over-reaction to Ang's vote for him has pinged my radar somewhat.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:48 AM   #62
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
On to the voting. . .

So far the person that has jumped the most to my attention has been Mac, but you probably noticed that. The problem is that it does not take very much to do that on day one. His sugestion attitude did seem weird, but I also have to be aware of the fact that he actually could just be an innocent wanting to get us all talking.

For this time I shall leave him be and I will just have to see what tomorrow brings.
Quote:
Mith I'm inclined to trust, though again, she hasn't said anything that I see other that in-character stuff.

Lommy's vote speaks well for her, but we shall see, we shall see.

Legate and Aganzir I find innocentish.

I'm more afraid of Mac and Ang, maybe purely for their harsh tone (and because I'm paranoid after learning that I'm "the confused innocent"). I'll try not to prosecute without solid factss.

Now this post is interesting. . .

He trusts a person even though he does not think she has said anything of substance. . . that is odd.

I have expirienced that people had an innocent feel to them, but to trust them is a very radical thing to do.

I my self do not find Mith suspiciouse, but I do not trust her.

And how does Lommy's vote speak well for her? that one I do not understand. The rest seems unbased as well, but more resonable as Volo only seem to be talking about feelings.

anyways Volo seems like the best option at this point.

++Volo

EDIT:
Cross posted with SPM

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:57 AM   #63
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
I have expirienced that people had an innocent feel to them, but to trust them is a very radical thing to do.
Please, don't twist my words. Yes, it's not a fact as that of a Seer, and even then the Seer can be wrong. So of course I can't fully know that she is innocent, though I think she is.

And don't waste your votes on me, you won't be able to kill me anyway... I'm one of the special roles... That is, I can't be lynched or killed.

EDIT: And instead of dying, my role will be revealed if I'm "lynched" or "killed".

(Sorry, I'm not in a mood now and not too optimistic for keeping the role a secret.)
Old 05-15-2007, 10:59 AM   #64
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Something about the Legate of Nan Curunír:

I don't agree with his interpretation of Ang at all. Is his main point that his in-character stuff could have been shorter? Well, surely it could have, but Ang had more actual arguments inside it than others did. He's accusing Ang for things he himself has been doing.

In fact, Anguirel is the only one whom I would dare to declare innocentish at this early time.

I wonder: Why does Legate emphasise that he came to the same conclusion as Six independantly?
But I guess it's premature to go and construct any links between people (which Legate passionately does). Maybe I'm paranoid because these two are my main suspects for now.

Legate's case of the Saucepan Man looks almost constructed to me. Lommy and I jumped on Six equally fast. Legate is founding far too much of his analysis upon Six's innocence, and if his ways are innocent, then they're misguided. In fact, as others have pointed out already, this is not so unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate, about me
...when I was innocent and him as well, we were pretty much agreeing on many things.
Didn't I end up lynching you in that game? There must've been some things we didn't agree on.

Then in the end, he apologises to people who might think he's offensive, because he is just playing Saruman. In the same paragraph, he accuses me, the anonymous orc, of being offensive. I can't see the sense in this.

I will probably vote for Legate or Six today, or maybe Volo for good reasons that others have already stated. I really wouldn't like to lose Ang today.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:04 AM   #65
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Actually if there is a love fest going on (other than Ang and my IC one) it is Legate and Sixth it seems to me. That is a bit creepy but would 2 wolves be so bold? Maybe... wolf and cobbler-type-person might maybe..

Really don't like Mac's attitude to the IC posts - I was IC but I was also making the stating the bleeding obvious reminders that I am prone to if I am able to post early in teh day when there isn't a lot else to talk about. I see nothing suspicious in suggesting peopel bear in mind what we are up against as they read posts, to think of the various possible dynamics.

Also there were only 3 of us posting ... all with book characters and great lines to play with - did you really not expect us to fill the vacuum with a bit of fun.

More suspicious surely are those who flip in make a brief IC post and that is it.

Nominations in this category: Gil, Shasta, Xyzzy ( a few others narrowly missed nomination)

Boro and Di havn't been around much. Boro is prone to stir things up and though normally I wouldn't approve of selfvotes / frivolous votes the IC context made it funny enough to forgive him.

Di - well I wonder about Gil's sig too .... Gil is impossible to read .... he can be very right or very wrong ...

SpM seems ok so far .... and without anything concrete I prefer to hang on to "talkers".

Old 05-15-2007, 11:09 AM   #66
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Okay. I believe Volo's probably telling the truth about his role, though what purpose an unkillable bodger serves I have very little idea.

I'd like to stress, my dear friends, that I am not at all unkillable, have very nicely combed silver hair, am quite wise, still have a vote to chuck around, and don't especially want to bite it just yet. Though it would be good for my acting schedule, what with my, ah, upcoming roles as King John, Sophocles, Chaucer and Aeneas (it's just amazing how much like my A Levels my acting career seems at the moment...real deja vu...)

That apart, erm, my brilliant original suspect choice seems to have gone awry, and I'll reserve my decision until the nailbiting last minute.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:09 AM   #67
Volo

I'm pretty sure that either Mac or Ang (or both) are wolves.

Unless Rikae had thought of something even more sinister for Mac.

Ang has been the loud suspicious wolf. And pretty much Mac too. I really don't know what to think of this... The itchy feeling that Mac is trying to get closer to Ang assailed me. Oh, botheration.

Is Ang always like that? Even as a wolf?

EDIT: Xd with Mith and Ang.

Mith, I wouldn't go too hard on analysing the quiet ones.
1. There is nothing to analyse.
2. They'll be lynched from paranoia at the latest.

Ang. Everybody has a retractable vote, except Boro. So, we can still do much here. I don't really want to lynch you, but you are far from innocentish to me...

Last edited by Volo; 05-15-2007 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:14 AM   #68
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Volo's vote for Ang is now making me very uneasy. Not only was this a spite vote, but he jumped the bandwagon perhaps to make this vote seem a bit safer. Even worse, is what he says here:
Quote:
I'm sure thing going to vote you now. Though you're probably innocent.
Why would you vote for someone when you think they're probably innocent? Well, I guess you explain it here:
Quote:
Your accusation came so out of nowhere.
Okay...but not good enough to convince me.

Suddenly, Volo has been moved to the top of my suspect list.

Legate's last post is an improvement from before. Still, I feel a bit uneasy about him. Again, another suspector of Ang:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
From the beginning, I didn't like his style, it seemed to me as too much in-role and too long for an in-role, nothing-saying post, being vocal enough to be noticed, maybe even get sympathies, but saying nothing in game - not even trying to.
Okay, a good reason....but haven't you been doing a very similar playing style yourself?

Legate is still very suspicious to me, but as the voting already is rather spread out, I would rather not vote for him if it means a throw-away vote. Well, we still have almost an hour left, so we will see...

A lot are voting for Ang. I'm honestly not sure what to think of him at this point. Could be a wolf or could be innocent. But I see no good enough reason to vote for him, so I won't for toDay.

But anyways, my vote probably will be for Volo or Legate if nothing dramatically changes...

EDIT: X-ed with everyone since Rune. Oh my, what has happened here?!
Old 05-15-2007, 11:15 AM   #69
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Question

Apologies if I am misunderstanding you, Volo, but you appear to be making no sense. Since when can a Seer's dreams be wrong?

As for your claimed role, I thought that you were joking, but then your edit would suggest that you are serious. But, if you are unkillable and unlynchable, what possible downside might there be to you revealing your role anyway? Unless, you are either on the side of the Wolves or on neither the side of the Wolves nor the villagers, and merely out for yourself.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:15 AM   #70
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

My jokes are marginally better when I'm a wolf.

My strategy is marginally better when I'm a Ranger.

(Not that I am. Just fiddling with a correlation there)

Oh, and by the way, I quite agree, all this complaining about mixing IC and OOC talk is nonsense. For me the whole point of this game is having fun with a role while extracting some cursory tactical thinking...
Old 05-15-2007, 11:17 AM   #71
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I don't agree with his interpretation of Ang at all. Is his main point that his in-character stuff could have been shorter? Well, surely it could have, but Ang had more actual arguments inside it than others did. He's accusing Ang for things he himself has been doing.
For the seventieth and the last time, almost every sentence I said had real in-game meaning. This is what Ang didn't do, he was speaking in character, but not just it, it was all... well, strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Didn't I end up lynching you in that game? There must've been some things we didn't agree on.
At least from my part, I saw you doing all that I agreed with or you came to the same conclusions independantly of me, and the only thing you did which I didn't agree with was my lynching.
Which, in mirroring that game, I would really NOT like to see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Then in the end, he apologises to people who might think he's offensive, because he is just playing Saruman. In the same paragraph, he accuses me, the anonymous orc, of being offensive. I can't see the sense in this.
Oh, sorry if it was that - my fault, I didn't look what your role is. Or, I knew you are "7th orc in 3rd row", but it didn't came to me that it's "Orc". The image in my head was "some warrior in 3rd row", which in role would mean a person who does not say anything in the whole film. Then only the accusation of me posting only banter remains, and for that, cf. above.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-15-2007, 11:18 AM   #72
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Ang is like that .... - less so I would say when wolvish.. but I am biased. He is very like that when gifted too and his protestation that he isn't might be worth considering BEFORE he gets lynched.
I don't KNOW his status, I suspect he would be more cautious if he were wolvish. He is one of life's cavaliers .. that may not win him friends among the roundheads but it doesn' t make him a wolf. I really don't know why he is found os much more suspicious than Legate say - and indeed Mac.... both have been a bit scratchy? Of course some things get lost in translation even when the ESL players have such a good standard as they have ...

Old 05-15-2007, 11:20 AM   #73
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Really don't like Mac's attitude to the IC posts - I was IC but I was also making the stating the bleeding obvious reminders that I am prone to if I am able to post early in teh day when there isn't a lot else to talk about. I see nothing suspicious in suggesting peopel bear in mind what we are up against as they read posts, to think of the various possible dynamics.

Also there were only 3 of us posting ... all with book characters and great lines to play with - did you really not expect us to fill the vacuum with a bit of fun.
If it had only been you three, I wouldn't have lost a word about it, but it was half a dozen of people. Well, I already said I shouldn't have put everybody into one box.

Quote:
Unless Rikae had thought of something even more sinister for Mac.
Oh, please....
Old 05-15-2007, 11:20 AM   #74
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Thoughts on walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
Actually if there is a love fest going on (other than Ang and my IC one) it is Legate and Sixth it seems to me.
Not from my part. If Six is a cobbler and thinks me a wolf or vice versa, that might be, but for myself, nope.

Other people:

Concerning Ang, now I am in the typical situation of contradiction when a person you suspect proclaims you innocent.

Brinniel is the typical example of "more-or-less-neutral" person. Even if she were a Wolf, after what we did to her last time (well... and not just last...), I'm probably not voting for her at least the next two days.

Kath then... she makes sense, but somehow the way she says it in a way that it seems... fishy. I don't have anything specific now, I have to look to it more.

SpM hasn't convinced me at all of his innocence.

Volo: And what are you, then? Some sort of a role that just mixes other people's roles or something like that? What's your goal? What side are you on? When you started of it, it must mean you don't care - or what?
Old 05-15-2007, 11:21 AM   #75
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
Apologies if I am misunderstanding you, Volo, but you appear to be making no sense. Since when can a Seer's dreams be wrong?
I am afraid I haven't followed all the games I haven't played - but isn't htere a false seer? but I don't really understand what Volo says....

Old 05-15-2007, 11:22 AM   #76
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I mean a possible role of False seer not necessarily here and now...

Old 05-15-2007, 11:24 AM   #77
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
WW XXXII

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
As for your claimed role, I thought that you were joking, but then your edit would suggest that you are serious. But, if you are unkillable and unlynchable, what possible downside might there be to you revealing your role anyway? Unless, you are either on the side of the Wolves or on neither the side of the Wolves nor the villagers, and merely out for yourself.
If I'm "lynched" then my role is revealed anyway, so no point wasting a lynch on me. So I am on the Innocent side. Though if you really don't trust me, you might as well see for yourself by voting me.

I'm just feeling like being a known Innocent wouldn't be too bad. Not too optimistic after being lynched on Day1 for so many times, only once guilty. (But I'm not emphasising this.)

EDIT: Xd with everything since Legate.

I'll explain:

My role is called the Reincarnation of Tolkien. And because Tolkien is immortal, I can't be killed. I am on the side of the Innocents. My goal is to lynch the Wolves. If I am to be lynched or killed at Night, my role will be revealed, but I won't die.

Still half an hour. I'm going to find myself a new vote target. I was very very frustrated with Ang, but logic tells me that he's innocent, as I stated before.

Last edited by Volo; 05-15-2007 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:25 AM   #78
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I will vote now, since it makes no sense to delay one's vote until short before the deadline when we're playing with retractable votes.

I'm getting a slightly better feeling about Legate from his last few posts, so my vote will be received by:

++The Sixth Wizard
Old 05-15-2007, 11:28 AM   #79
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh volo - I am definietely not in the market of lynching a flitter today - just pointing out that there are levels of IC ... and as time goes on it may be that we have to weigh RL and habit against the possibility / statistical probablility that if we have 4 or 5 people who post just enough to stay in the game, that a wolf may be in their number - the devil will be in deciding which.... and of course it will be necessary in this game for a low posting wolf to make the effort to at least register their presence since the mod not the players will dispose of them.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:30 AM   #80
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Volo, I'm really confused about this role of yours.

If you can't be lynched or killed and you are on the side of us Innocents, then why won't you reveal it to us?

It doesn't make sense to me. What harm could possibly be done if you do indeed reveal your role?