User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2003, 03:37 AM   #161
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Both Uien and the camp are under attack, Imladris.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 12-03-2003, 12:21 AM   #162
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Thanks...you must have written your last post right after I asked the question, causing me serious embarrasment... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Edit: I did a post for Lira and Gorby, so if it's not okay, let me know and I will, of course, edit it. Nurumaiel, I hope what I did with Anson was okay...

[ 4:49 PM December 03, 2003: Message edited by: Imladris ]

Old 12-03-2003, 06:49 PM   #163
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sorry Imladris, didn't want the momentum on this busy period in the RP lagging. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Good work! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Alright folks, time to get a wriggle on if you can.

Here's the sketch of what's happening.

The camp is under attack by six brigands, hardened ruffians who are well armed. Uien has her own troubles in Fornost with one of the party who noticed her moving there on their way to attack the camp.

For those thinking of having their character make a break for Fornost, you should know that not all of the brigands have come forth in attack on the camp yet. Others lie in position, waiting.

Attack will end, one way or the other ( [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] - cue mysterious laugh [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] ) by dawn.

So, have fun with your characters and post to be part of the action. Enjoy folks!

Today marks the beginning of my travels. I hope to be able to check back here in the next few days (once I've got my head around my sudden location and time zone change).
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 12-04-2003, 03:40 PM   #164
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Before I forget, I'd like to notify everyone that I'll be gone from 12/6 - 12/11, though there is a slight chance it will be a bit longer. I will be fairly inactive during the time previous to the trip, as well, as there is a lot of packing to do.

Feel free to carry Anson along, though I would be most grateful if nothing drastic happened to him while I was absent. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2003, 10:07 PM   #165
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Pipe

The melee as it stands at present:

The number of the enemy have proliferated! Whereas Elora wrote of 1 leader and his 12 followers,

Lira has killed 1
Corn has blinded 1
Gorby has shot 1
Eswen has shot 5
Eswen has killed 2 more with her sword
Uien is chased by 1
Uien and Falowik are surrounded by 3 more
Thoronmir kills 1
Lumiel kills 3
Lumiel is threatened by 1 more

That's 19 enemy. Wow, we're good! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

We haven't even heard from Finëwen and Falco yet.

In order to keep the consistency in place, I propose that Elora change the number of the enemy to a full two dozen plus a leader. And for the sake of realism, Falowik needs to lay as one dead and the melee move away from him and he sneaks off unseen. As for Thoronmir being captured, that would mean that the 6 who have not yet been taken out (4 of whom are chasing Uien and Falowik, leaving 2), would have to take out everybody else besides Lumiel (who is busy) and Lira (who is wounded). Hmmm.... do we make it a full 3 dozen and go with a captured group, even though the leader said take no prisoners? Either we need to have Elora change the leader's orders, or Meneltarmacil needs to have Thoronmir not be captured; he can, of course, be knocked unconscious.

One thing I don't really want is for you all to revise your posts to cut down the number your characters take out. It looks like a really good fight, and I'm getting a sense for just how good some of these fighters are. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

So let's make a couple decisions which way we want to bring this back into a unity of story flow. Capture or not, doesn't matter to me. Either way, the story possibilities are quite interesting.
Old 12-06-2003, 02:29 AM   #166
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Okay: here's my lousy two cents worth: have Thoronmir captured, and pump the guy that Corn blinded for information.

Old 12-06-2003, 12:02 PM   #167
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alatariel Telemnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Alatariel Telemnar
Sting

a little confuzzled here... will go read the posts... sorry, havent been on in three days...

'Poor ye. Ye're tied to someone who's been photographed trying to shave their hand... My condolences.'
Old 12-06-2003, 01:43 PM   #168
Lumiel

Lumiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yeah, about the multi-kill stuff...I edited my post shortly afterward so Lumiel has only killed one... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

wheeee ain't death fun? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

By the way, I know I still haven't fixed my other post, but I will when I get a chance. I've been going INSANE lately with college stuff...blah...yeah, I definitely can't wait until the New Year, I'll be done with all my paperwork! Yay! On a side note...icky snowstorm in New England! Ah well.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:13 PM December 06, 2003: Message edited by: Lumiel ]
Old 12-07-2003, 03:25 PM   #169
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Uhhhh, what exactly happened again? I am extremely confused. The attack supposedly ended already with the heroes losing, but now it seems like it's still going on. Could someone tell me if i'm supposed to be a prisoner or not???????????

[img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

I'd rather not be a prisoner though, if that's alright with you.

*edits his post so he's still up and fighting*

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:27 PM December 07, 2003: Message edited by: Meneltarmacil ]
Old 12-07-2003, 03:27 PM   #170
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

yes, I am confuzzled also...

'Poor ye. Ye're tied to someone who's been photographed trying to shave their hand... My condolences.'
Old 12-07-2003, 03:29 PM   #171
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

When did the fight ever end?

Old 12-07-2003, 04:23 PM   #172
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Okay, since Elora is unavailable, I'll make some decisions - please let me know if you are not happy with any of them and we can work it out....:

1. The fight is still on.

2. Let's assume that we're dealing with 25 brigands.

3. Let's re-visit our little chart, fixed up by news from your latest posts here:

Lira has killed 1
Corn has blinded 1
Gorby has shot 1
Eswen has shot 5
Eswen has killed 2 more with her sword
Uien is chased by 1
Uien and Falowik are surrounded by 3 more
Thoronmir kills 2
Lumiel kills 1
Lumiel is threatened by 1 more
Finëwen kills 2

Total accounted for: 19, 6 to go.

4. Falco still has to post for this melee; if Elora doesn't get a chance, anyone who feels like they have a handle on Falco may do so, just don't have him killed off, okay?

5. Thoronmir is still standing, is not captured.

I've read all the revised posts and I think we're up to date now. Thanks! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:03 PM December 08, 2003: Message edited by: littlemanpoet ]
Old 12-07-2003, 04:35 PM   #173
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

actually, I did post and Finëwen killed I believe, two...

Old 12-07-2003, 04:52 PM   #174
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Tolkien

I've accounted for Finëwen's actions now. Thanks!
Old 12-07-2003, 06:05 PM   #175
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Quote:
Thoronmir kills 1
I killed two in the revision, so that leaves 5, not 6.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:01 PM   #176
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Tolkien

Okay, Menel. Thanks for the correction. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2003, 05:59 PM   #177
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Since Lira has received a potentially deadly wound and has lost much blood, I thought that I'd just do a little thingy about how she'll look/feel:

Faint, dizzy, thirsty, sweaty, weak and rapid post, rapid respiration.

Around the area of the wound she will probably start to bruise.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not posting this because I'm saying people got it all wrong, it's mostly for my benefit and for those stray mentions of Lira that find their way into people's posts. Also for references if other people decide to have their characters loose a lot of blood...of course, you may already know the symptoms but it never hurts, right?

Cheers,
Istawen

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:59 PM December 09, 2003: Message edited by: Imladris ]

Old 12-09-2003, 07:55 PM   #178
Lumiel

Sting

If it's in reference to Lumiel (if it is, I take no offense [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] ), she hasn't actually lost a lot of blood, she merely looks bloody because she was punched pretty hard in the face and the face will bleed more than any other part of the body. Her other cuts have begun to scab over plus she has clothing on top of it which adds some pressure to stop bleeding. Her hand has minor cuts/abrasions, the main prob with her right hand is that it was squished by a boot. Fun. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and I finally edited that post about the Shire! Yay! I'm so proud of me!
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:04 PM December 09, 2003: Message edited by: Lumiel ]
Old 12-09-2003, 11:36 PM   #179
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

No, it wasn't in reference to anyone. I was just sitting there and I was like, "Well, what are the symptoms of blood loss," and I figured that if I didn't know it, then some other people may not know it and so I did a google search and then just briefly wrote what I learned. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2003, 04:14 AM   #180
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Pipe

Alatariel, with the rp moving so fast right now, it looks like your latest post is a little out of sync with the rest of ours. I like the action you describe, but could you bring Finëwen a little further along to be in on what the rest of the party is doing?
Old 12-10-2003, 05:50 PM   #181
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Erm... I guess so.. Im a little confused... but will try and figure it out...

Old 12-10-2003, 10:16 PM   #182
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Tolkien

Alatariel, I'm sorry for not being very clear in my previous post. I'll try to clarify.

I think you're post was great, as far as it went. I didn't mean to ask you to delete any of it.

I am asking if you'd be willing to take cues from Eswen's, Menel's, and Lumiel's posts (and mine if you like), and describe Finëwen's actions as they relate to Eswen's plan. And please feel free to surprise us all with a plot twist of some kind. Examples of plot twists so far have been Lira being injured so badly, and Eswen's alter-ego "coming out of hiding", so to speak. Perhaps something about Finëwen that nobody would expect, but you know is hidden inside her. Or not, whatever you want to do. I hope that helps.

Verrrry interesting, by the way, Eswen! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2003, 01:39 AM   #183
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Hey, Eswen (the nickname seems to have stuck, doesn't it?) I did a little post for Lira and please let me know if I got Esgallhugwen's "change" wrong...as LMP said, very interesting...

Old 12-11-2003, 05:45 AM   #184
Lumiel

Sting

Hey hey peoples....I probably won't be posting again until at least Monday...so see ya then hopefully.

And Lira, if you don't want what's happening to Lira to go in the direction I posted (aka away from the fight) then simply ignore and do what you'd like and I'll edit later to fit. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2003, 09:58 AM   #185
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Thank you, thank you!

I'm glad you think it's interesting.Yes the nickname 'Eswen' has stuck hasn't it.

Imladris you basically hit it dead on, Esgallhugwen has made this drastic morph into a bloodlusting Queen seemingly full of dark power and evil, but don't worry she isn't going to turn on you guys, although I'm sure Falco isn't so sure of Esgallhugwen anymore and others may feel the same way. It brings up the question of which one is the real Eswen, the depressing one who keeps to herself or the thundering Dark Queen (I personally like to think it's all her [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]) Hmm I think I or we should coin that name for Eswen, if you'd like in your posts you can refer to her other personality as the Dark Queen.

Keep up the good work everyone, your posts are excellent! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2003, 01:44 PM   #186
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Okay...I'm glad that I got Eswen right. *Whew!*

And, Lumiel, I think that was good what you did with Lira. From what I understand, a serious wound to the head like that can be potentially fatal, so, though she wants to fight, she'll probably end up becoming unconsciouse again...and then you guys can all worry whether she'll live or die. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh, LMP or Elora, tell me if you think that I'm being melodramatic over Lira and her wound. I don't want it to be corny. What I'm trying to do is to put a twist of reality to it, but, never experiencing anything like a sword wound to the head, I'm not really sure what I'm doing. So suggestions, comments, etc from both game owners and players would be helpful. And if I'm sucking it up too much, please don't hesitate to say so...

Old 12-12-2003, 09:24 PM   #187
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

1420!

Imladris, I think you're doing great with Lira's wound. I am kind of wondering what's happening with the hobbits, though....
Old 12-13-2003, 04:09 AM   #188
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

I shall post for Gorby and carry Anson along in my post tomorrow...

I just realized something: I'm like playing most of the hobbits in the game...except for Falco and since Gorby and Anson are like best friends well...okay, I'll shut up now...

Old 12-14-2003, 01:29 AM   #189
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

I have posted for Gorby and Lira. I'm sorry it took me so long [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] but something came up. I took the liberty to end the fight, but if that is not alright, I shall edit accordingly.

Old 12-14-2003, 02:13 PM   #190
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I had a wonderful trip and now I'm back and ready to play. I gather we are in the middle of a fight with some cutthroats... or are we at the end?

Imladris, I cannot thank you enough for carrying Anson along for me. You've done an excellent job of it. Hopefully you won't have to do it again!

I'll post as soon as I have a clear idea of what is going on. Fortunately it's a Sunday and I have plenty of time to read through the game thread! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2003, 03:30 PM   #191
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

It's okay! I really didn't have a problem and it was a most pleasurable thing to do. Glad you're back!

I'm so glad I didn't mess him up...

Old 12-16-2003, 08:52 PM   #192
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Tolkien

Just to catch our breath a moment, here's how things look at this point.

The main melee is finished, with one blinded captive (who is admittedly in great pain, his eyes gouged out by Corn's claws!).

Everybody at the main melee is happy for the success of Eswen's plan, while discomfited about the exact nature of it. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Falowik is "prisoner" of Toad and Sack, who are still hidden from the rest of the party.

Uien was last seen fleeing from two more brigands, on foot.

I can manage one more post in terms of Falowik's plight before learning of Uien's fate, and I think the main group can do some "clean up and figure things out" posting.

After that, it will be time to wait for Elora to post, catching Uien up to the rest of the story. Sound good?
Old 12-18-2003, 07:42 PM   #193
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

1420!

Okay, unless Elora can find a computer to snag some time at BD while she travels, I think it's time for us to admit that the seasons's too busy to give this little rpg the time it needs. How about plugging back in on January 3, 2004? Unless there is a hue and cry to continue on?
Old 12-18-2003, 08:20 PM   #194
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Works for me. I'm pretty busy during that time too.
Old 12-19-2003, 02:09 PM   #195
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Yes, please delay the game until January 3.

Old 12-20-2003, 02:22 PM   #196
Lumiel

Sting

Sounds good to me...Christmas is fun but hectic as all Mordor... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

As a side note (but still LOTR related mind you!) I saw ROTK (in a Merry costume with a friend dressed as Pip) and I cried and laughed and went through the whole gambit of emotions! Knew I would. Anyway, I always loved Sam, but now he is the greatest hero of LOTR after seeing the movie! I'm sure you'll agree when you see the movies (if you haven't already). I love Sam!!!
Old 12-20-2003, 10:44 PM   #197
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

*shrug* I guess it works... although I will be even more bored out of my mind until then...

I wanna go see it! *sniff sniff* why do I have to wait so long? this sucks... *twiddles thumbs and patienlty awaits until 'tis time for her to see RotK* yes, well erm... glad you all enjoyed it... *grumbles and scurries away*

Old 12-22-2003, 11:24 AM   #198
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Yes I suppose that's best! Although I think we're doing a pretty darn good job, but poor Elora we have to wait for her, and it is busy around this time of year. (oh yes I am so obvious)

I saw the movie last night so sad and funny all the actors really came into their own especially Elijah who's like the youngest, I'll nver look at him the same way again.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:48 PM   #199
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

*snickers* yes... I bet ye never will, too...

*picks self up off the ground thinking about a movie, cough, and some odd discussion about it*

I know I never will. *is still awaiting till she can see RotK* well... back on topic:

so, is it going to be closed...? that date is drawing nearer and nearer day by day (or if you want to be more specific, milli-second by milli-second)

Old 12-25-2003, 01:03 PM   #200
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Fellow Shire Gamers:

Please read before posting further on the Discussion Thread

Our gaming comes with a cost; it is time to reflect on this fact and make some changes to how we run our games.

We RPG’ers use the most Barrow Downs resources. We use a game thread, a discussion thread, PMs to plan games, and are constant visitors to the site, often returning more than two or three times a day to keep up with developments in the game in order to prepare our own posts.

Why is this a drain on BD resources? Please take some time to read carefully and reflect seriously upon the Barrow Wight's recent posts in the "Announcements &gt;&gt; The Barrow Downs" forum concerning storage space and bandwidth, chat and discussion, and the costs of running the site, and then change your posting habits. Click on: BANDWIDTH AND EXPENSES

What this means is that our Games, because we need to be so active in them, and because the Shire has so many going at once, cost the site much more money than other topics and forums on the Barrow Downs. In order for us to continue to have a good number of quality games for Shirelings to play in we need to make some changes:

What you, as participants in this game can do, personally:

What are the most beneficial changes in our posting habits? For one, we need to stop using the discussion threads for off-game-topic chatting, for personal comment. We need to restrict our posts to discussion of the games only, that is, to issues of plotting, character interaction, clarification, and notification of absences.

For most occasions, we don't need to make multiple posts about why we are absent or how we are doing and we don't need to make a string of 'see ya' posts in reply.

For personal comments, we can use the chat room or PM’s. (It’s ok to say a short ‘Nice post!’ or ‘Great post!’ if it is included with a post that has some other on-topic game information/requests on it.)

Please take the time to do several things:

Keep on topic for the Game.

Delete posts or run of the mill comments in the discussion thread that have no bearing on the game.

Refrain from such posts and comments in future discussions of the games.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+ *+*

READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY. ALL GAMERS WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR UNDERSTANDING THESE CHANGES.

What we, as Shire Moderators, will be doing to insure these changes are being made:

We will be following the discussion threads more closely now. When we see an off topic post - we will delete it and leave a note on the discussion thread.

Posters who continue to post off topic comments may be asked to leave the game.

The Moderator also has the option to close the Game and Discussion thread if gamers cannot stay on topic in the Discussion Thread. It will then be up to the Owner and the players to sort out problems, by PM or email, and make an agreement to keep on topic. Owners may then contact the Moderator to reopen the Game.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+ *+*

If we all help out, we can ensure that our games remain treasures in the Barrow Downs.

Thanks for being responsible gamers and conscientious members of the Downs!

~*~ Piosenniel and Child of the 7th Age, Shire Moderators