The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2003, 11:06 AM   #81
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

It's downloading now! It's about a third done. It's really funny, though, because the sound and the picture don't match up, so it looks like a foreign film that's been dubbed over. <P>EDIT: Aaah! It's about halfway through, I press play to see it so far and... <I>my computer crashes!!!</I> <p>[ August 09, 2003: Message edited by: Galadrie1 ]
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 02:01 PM   #82
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Shield

Owwie. My condolances.<BR>As of now, the link at flim hobbit is still up for downloading, but the sound is off so it kinda looks like the guy who dubed Godzilla did the trailer. Even so,<P>IT....WAS...SOO...AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <P>I dunno how many times I've watched it already, and I can't wai till it's out in theaters "offically".<P>ROTK looks like it will be every bit as wonderful as FOTR and TTT, maybe more. Leastways, it looks that way.
Old 08-10-2003, 04:31 PM   #83
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> EDIT: Aaah! It's about halfway through, I press play to see it so far and... my computer crashes!!! <BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That happens to me every time I try to watch it! So now I know that I can only watch it once, then I have to load it again and repeat the process (and it takes a long time, too....) .<P>And mine also looks like a dubbed movie. I guess they're all like that. Amusing, but annoying.

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 08:47 AM   #84
Faramir Fan
Haunting Spirit

Faramir Fan has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

For those of you who can't watch it...<P>Here is a cap of Pippen holding Merry.<P> <P>the leaves of Lorien are quite clear, although with the helmets, you really can't tell it's them. At least I couldn't until someone pointed out the leaves to me.
"A new character has come on the scene (I am sure I did not invent him, I did not even want him, though I like him, but there he came walking into the woods of Ithilien): Faramir, the brother of Boromir..." J.R.R. Tolkien, Letters No. 66
Faramir Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 09:09 AM   #85
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mariska Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh, I did not realise these were the two hobbits, I thought they were random soldiers...<BR>But indeed, you can see the leaves.
Old 08-13-2003, 02:25 PM   #86
Shy Hobbit
Wight

Shy Hobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I finally downloaded this one. WOW! This is sure to be the biggest, most emotional film of the three. <P>I don't remember Gandalf and Pippin facing a Nazgul in the books, but that gave me goosebumps nonetheless <P>I'm gonna cry a river this time though

~The Fellowship of the King~
Shy Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 03:13 PM   #87
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Oh, I did not realise these were the two hobbits, I thought they were random soldiers... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah, neither did I... But now that you point it out, the leaves are pretty clear. Thanks, Faramir Fan!<P>I got my trailer at <A HREF="http://shadowofthering.net/index.php" TARGET=_blank>The Shadow of the Ring.</A> But, alas! They took it down. Too many people were downloading it and overwhelming the server. Hmmm... I can't wait for TTT on DVD, so we can see the reeeeeally long, (and legal) one.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:38 AM   #88
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Is that just some Gondorian soldier holding another comrade, or is it Pippin holding Merry?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>It could be. You can't be sure with the helmets though. We'll just have to wait and see!<P>Oh, and by the way everyone, the ten minute preview is going to be on the THEATRICAL version of the DVD, not the Extended Version. I thought that should be cleared up...<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~<P>EDIT: Dang, I need to read the whole thread before posting. *blush*. But yes, now that I look, I can see the Lorien brooches. Aw, poor Merry and Pippin! <p>[ August 14, 2003: Message edited by: Sapphire_Flame ]
Old 08-14-2003, 12:26 PM   #89
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

So is it like on Fotr? A behind the scenes preview in August, and an official trailer in November? Or is it a trailer in August?
Old 08-14-2003, 12:46 PM   #90
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I think it will be like with Fellowship: a behind-the-scenes preview in August (but not without awesome clips from the movie), and then a recap of the theatrical trailer in the Extended Version. I heard that a trailer will start showing in theaters in September; let's hope the information I got was correct!<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 08-15-2003, 11:14 AM   #91
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I saw a trailer for the TTT dvd in the cinema yesterday! Unexpected... but super and it said the preview would be on the dvd, so no worries there. And the behind-the-scenes footage looks super! I just hope they concentrate on the new characters as well as the old bunch from the Fellowship. It would be terrible if they just included interviews with Aragorn, Gandalf, Frodo, and Arwen or whoever. I hope Eomer gets a voice. And Faramir.