The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2009, 10:52 PM   #1
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
TIG: LXV - Our fate lies with...them?

B88 Comics brings you...The D-League vs. The Dark Monarch
Volume 1, Issue 1: The Taming of a hero

We begin our story on an August night. It's a strange night for this time of year. Usually you would expect a pleasant day with summer in full swing, but outside the wind was howling and there was a coolness in the air. Two brothers sit in their apartment with the TV on. One of them is a tall, broad-shouldered, and grizzly looking man. The other is just as tall, but wiry and clean cut. If it wasn't for the fact that they had the same eyes and noses, you wouldn't even be able to tell they were siblings.

The grizzly-brother was in control of the remote, and with each click, said "No...No...No..."

"Why don't you just pick a channel and stay on it already?" said the wiry-man. Half-annoyed, half-jokingly.

"You know I don't like commercials." Then the TV popped and went black.

"Now look what you did, Tame-eye!? You halz-booted it. If I miss Chelsea Lately, because you can't stay on a channel and it takes 20 minutes for te DVR to reboot, I will not b-"

"Get off it. It didn't halz-boot because I was flipping through channels. FYI, have you looked outside lately? Besides, I don't even know why you think that Chelsea girl is sexy." said Tame-eye

"Well, I won't deny there are better. Like I don't care how bad Iron Man 2 is, I will totally go and see it just for Scarlett Johansson."

"I'm glad to hear you have exceptionally high standards for judging what makes a good movie." But as Tame-eye was saying that, his brother's expression went blank and then dark. "What is it, Wild-eye?"

"She's coming." fear flushed into Wild-eyes face, he went pale.

"Who?"

"Who do you think?" Tame-eye now knew who his brother was talking about. "Don't say it. We have to leave now!"

"How do you think she knows we're here? I thought we were well protected?"

"I don't know. Damn it. After Sir Quakes-a-lot died last week, and Hot Spot two days ago, I knew it wouldn't be safe to stay in the same place for long. Oh no, but do you ever listen to your brother? No you're always looking to settle down, where we could lay low."

Tame-eye wasn't paying attention to his brothers rant. He had raced off to his room and came back with a Bow and a single arrow. "Here. Take this."

Wild-eye now knew what Tame-eye was planning, and he didn't like it. "No. No, you will not do this!"

"I have to. We can't let her get both of us."

"She doesn't have to. You're being stupid. We can make it out of here. Plus, you give me this stupid Bow with one stupid arrow. You know how much I hate archers."

"In the right hands that bow and arrow will not easily miss its intended target. Take it and get away from here."

"No. I forbid you!" shouted Wild-eye, he was so angry, but on the verge of tears at the same time.

"Ha. You can't tell me what to do. Besides, haven't you forseen this coming?"

"Don't you dare pull that on me right now!"

"Good bye, Brother. You know what you have to do."

Wild-eye lunged to grab his brother, but before he could, Tame-eye had turned into a mighty, brown, grizzly-bear. The bear smiled weakly, and bounded out the door, into the dark night and roaring winds.

(to be continued...)

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-12-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:09 AM   #2
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
The D-League vs. The Dark Monarch
Volume 1, Issue 2: The Dream

Four days had passed since Wild-eye and his brother had split. Wild-eye had fled out west, to a small mountain town in Nevada. Last time he was out here, was during his childhood, spent three weeks in July. It was the last time he felt truly peaceful and in solace. This sun, high up in the sky, glittering off a deep, dark-blue lake. The mountain air was warm but it was not sticky. That means no mosquitos, flies, or bugs of any kind, thought Wild-eye. And definitely no evil monarchs trying to destroy the world.

He knew what Tame-eye meant when he said "You know what you have to do," the problem was doing it. Now that he was out here, he finally just wanted to stay here, and hopefully she wouldn't bother coming out west. He did spread out notices about tryouts for any heroes, to the surrounding area. Most the people looked pretty nutty though. They were happy, and nice enough, but still nutty.

Wild-eye went to lay down in the bed of the only place in town where you could rent a room. A bed and breakfast, called Brams. He hoped people would show up tomorrow, and also hoped there were some good heroes left. People who would want to stop...her...that filthy, brooding, murderer. He turned out the lights and said "Well, at least people should show up for the food," and went to sleep.

Three figures were standing around his bed. He could hear them, but he kept his eyes shut. They were talking about killing him, talking about killing him for her. The three figures disappeared. Now he was out of the bed, but looking down at someone, lying in the bed. He had slashes across his face. Who was it?...It couldn't be...he was looking at himself!

Wild-eye woke up, sweat beading down his face. There was no mistaking this was a vision of his death. Not just a random nightmare. Who were the figures? He couldn't see their faces. He strained hard to try to remember something about them...nothing. They were just arguing about killing him, killing him for her. They must have succeeded, and done a mighty number on him.

He checked his phone for the time, it was almost 3 am. "Well, I guess my death won't be this night. Aint no way I'm going back to sleep. But when? And how did she get others on her side? I thought she worked alone? In fact, I'm pretty sure she kills indiscriminately, both villains and heroes. So why would she get others to kill for her?"

Whatever the answers were, Wild-eye knew now his time was short. He needed a new team of heroes fast.

(to be continued...)

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-12-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:21 PM   #3
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Volume 1, Issue 3: Fresh Recruits (Part I)

It was the morning of the recruitment. Wild-Eye was smelling all the wonderful breakfast food. Breakfast food is really the best, you can eat eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, waffles, during any time of day. There was sweet-smelling fruit in bowls, cartons of milk and OJ, and Wild-Eye's favourite, a coffee machine. He was going all out to try and attract the best heroes, they better get here. "Don't worry Wild-eye. What is it they always say? Feed them and they will come?" He chuckled and made his way to the table and comfy chair, that he had "borrowed" from the lounge and placed out front.

There was a crowd of people standing around, most looked confused and lost, some were engaged in conversation. This must be them! Wild-eye's spirits had rose, he had been sporadically receiving calls the last couple days of heroes saying they would come and now they were here!

"If you all want to come down here and we can get started" Wild-eye shouted out to the crowd. "Ok, I guess just form a queue and when I call your name, tell me your power. I may ask for a demonstration, and once you're done you may enjoy all the food and drink that's been laid out for you."

~~

"Alright, first up...alona."

An excited looking girl, who had a somewhat dazed look in her eyes came up. "Hi!" she smiled widely and held out her hand. "I'm alona."

"Excellent. Well, alona. What's your power?"

"I make useful, everyday charms."

"Charms?" Wild-eye was perplexed.

"Yes. Here." She reached into her pocket and pulled out a gold chain with a silver heart hanging on it. "It's an anklet."

"What makes you think, I would wear, or need an anklet?"

"Well, this just isn't any anklet. This one I made with love. See the heart, and it will protect you from knapply-kronks."

"What are knapply-kronks?"

"You don't want to know. Dangerous little buggers. They will steal your DVDs. Now you won't have to worry about them. You don't have to thank me, I love making charms for people." Alona was still smiling widely.

"Umm...ok...urrm...thanks." Wild-eye gave a fake smile. "Help yourself to the buffet. Next, I have here, autume?"

~~

Another girl came up, out of the crowd. This one looked a little more shy than alona.

"You autume?" asked Wild-eye. She nodded. "Good. Now I have here you go by Lady Tum, the Fish Whisperer. Uh, I have to ask the obvious question. Do you claim to talk to fish?"

"I don't claim it. I do. And I don't want to correct you, but I don't really talk to them. I get real close to them, and whisper to them through the glass."

"Is that so? Wow." Wild-eye was trying to hide the sarcasm in his voice. "And what interesting conversations do you have with these fish?"

"Well, they mostly don't say anything back. Besides the gulping, all I've really heard them say is food, food, food."

"Yeah, I bet you have. Ok then...next up is Brinn." Wild-eye was slightly annoyed. The first two have been tremendous flops.

~~

"Brinn." he called again. "Is Brinn here?"

A dark haired lady came running up. She was smiling and had a glint in her eyes. Her hair was a little passed the shoulders and she had nice, healthy, curls.

"Brinn?"

"No, I'm Fea." she grabbed Wild-eye's hand, and squeezed it lightly, and shook it.

"Hmm...I called for Brinn, but I see you're on the list and you are Doctor Girlfriend. Alright, show me what you got?"

Fea, winked as if she had been waiting to hear those words. She hopped onto the table, and crossed her legs. Wild-eye waited a moment, as she was just looking at him then looked up towards the sky, letting out the faintest :sigh:

"I'm waiting. What is it that you do?"

Fea turned back to face Wild-eye, and scooted closer.

"I'm going to say this slowly for you. What....is....your....power?"

She grabbed his arm. "Let's leave this snore fest. Come with me on a walk, and I'll tell whatever it is you need to know."

Wild-eye pulled his arm back, and slid his chair back. "No. That's ok, but if you do decide to tell me what your power is, you know where to find me."

He went back and consulted his list, but caught out of the corner of his eye, Fea jumping off the table and heading towards autume. She's so far has the most potetial here...just wish she'd tell me her power. I guess Brinn didn't come, that was Fea...let's see. "Durelin."

~~

Durelin came up to the table, she was holding many cats. Wild-eye couldn't tell how many of them there were. She laid them all out onto the table, and they began twisting and intertwining themselves.

"Please tell me, you don't talk to cats?"

"Of course not. Cats can't talk, silly." Wild-eye was relieved, until..."But they are good listeners! At least they listen to me."

Wild-eye smacked his hand off his forehead. "Whatever, just show me."

"Puddles, go and sit on the nice man's lap. He looks like he could use a bit of cheer. Puddles always makes me smile." Puddles looked at Wild-eye for a second, and then went back to purring with another one of the cats. "Well, they don't listen to me all the time, but they do some of the times....when they feel like it."

"Great. Get your cats off my table, before they claw it up. Formendacil."

~~

The first male Wild-eye had seen thus far came up to the table. He had his chest pushed out and it looked like he was trying to make himself look bigger than he actually was...oh well, thought Wild-eye, maybe he will actually begin to turn around this epic failure so far.

"Greetings, friend." Form boomed. His voice carried, so everyone could hear. "I am Celibateman! Here to save any girl from awkward first dates!"

"I'm really impressed!"...not, he whispered under his breath.

"Yes. It's a very difficult job. I'm never out of work, and it seems like I'm never really home. I remain in constant vigilance!"

"Nice. Enjoy the food." What a mess...just keep going there's bound to be some good heroes here. "Hakon."

~~

Another man came up to the table. He had leaves sprouting all over his arms. "You said you wanted us to demonstrate our powers, right? I figured I'd better be prepared when I was called. See! I grow leaves."

"Yes, I'm very well aware of that." Wild-eye was growing more annoyed. "Do you possibly have any other qualities of a tree...like resilience, or sturdiness?"

"Nope. I just grow leaves."

"What happens to you in the winter?" Wild-eye tried not to laugh, but couldn't stop himself. Hakon didn't look pleased. "Erm...ya, well the breakfast is free. So, go get yourself some. Next I need Inziladun"

~~

Wild-eye was the most excited to see this guy. When Inzil called, he said his super-hero name was Dr. Electron. Wild-eye loved the potential of this guy. First, because Doctor's usually make awesome super-heroes, plus with the name Electron, Wild-eye was sure he could control electricity.

"You have no idea how pleased to see you made it Dr. Electron. I doubt I'll need a demonstration from you. Just for formality, do you control electricity?"

"No. Sorry, I can't do that, but what I can do is tell you precisely when a light bulb is going to blow out."

Wild-eye did a *headdesk*

Inziladun pointed inside the Bed and Breakfast. "Like that light there. 3....2....1....and it's done." The light went out.

"If I ever need a light bulb changed, I'll be sure to call you first." This turning out to be a disaster. "Alright, just give me Lari up here."

~~

A girl with light-brown hair, had her legs crossed indian-style and hovered up to Wild-eye.

"So, you can fly, eh?" said Wild-eye. "Under normal circumstances I would tell you, I think flying is a pretty useless power. But these are not normal circumstances, so right now I think there will be a place for you -"

Lari interrupted. "Oh, I think there's a little misunderstanding. See I can't fly, I hover. I can only hover precisely at 3 feet...not 2 or 5, but 3."

"Riigghht. Why don't you go hover your butt over there? Next I have..."

~~

A lady came racing up to the table. She was, out of breath. "Hey...I hope I'm not too late!?"

"You are?"

"Brinn!" she exclaimed. "aka, Butterfngers, aka The Klutz. Want me to show you this awesome ability I have?"

"That really won't be ne-" but Brinn wasn't listening. She had grabbed a large watermelon from the breakfast table, and hurried back towards Wild-eye.

"Alright...I got it for you ri- woahhh" Brinn had tripped over her own feet and the watermelon smashed off Wild-eye's skull. It broke open, and now he was covered in watermelon guts.

"I'm really, really, sorry. Oh...here let me help you clean off. I got some"

"No don't, you really don't-"

"napkins right here..." she stumbled into Wild-eye and knocked him off his chair. "Oh...no...let me help you up!"

"No! Do not touch me! In fact don't ever touch anything again!"

Brinn began to pout, her lower lip was quivering...maybe he had been just a bit harsh on her. She was just excited about showing off her power. That had to be it, because she seemed like a sweet girl. "I'm sorry. I over-reacted, but please for both of our lives, just don't touch anything."

She scampered off, Wild-eye didn't need to look to tell she knocked over something else, after hearing a crash and more pleads of "Sorry."

~~

"Lommy, you're next."

A young lady approached. She was dressed like a penguin and wearing a gold crown...Probably plastic, thought Wild-eye. He looked at Lommy, scanned the ridiculous penguin outfit she was wearing, and said to her. "I really don't want to know."

"Good!" she replied indignantly. "I only came for the buffet. You better have fish for me."

Wild-eye was furious. This is turning out a disaster. It's alright, just remember your brother. Remember, why you are doing this...this is to stop a great evil in the world.

However, with characters like this, how could he possibly remain calm? A villain is out there killing whoever crosses her, and all these so-called "heroes" are just wasting time.

Wild-eye recomposed himself. "Look. Let's just take 10 minutes? Those of you I haven't called, grab some food, and we'll resume in 10."

(to be continued...)

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-12-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:47 AM   #4
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Volume 1, Issue 4: Fresh Recruits (Part II)

Deep breath Wild-eye. Deep breath. You're about half-way done, there is no way it can be any worse than the 1st half.

"Let's see...I believe next we have Mac?" A man burst his way up to the table. His skin was green and his face wrenched. "Umm...why are you green?"

"I'm just so furious right now. My skin changes to green when I get angry. Everyone here is really lame. I mean do some of these people really think they have superpowers?"

Wild-eye was the happiest he had been that day since first seeing the crowd of people who had shown up. "Finally! Someone here who isn't insane...I was beginning to question my own sanity. You're on the team, I've seen all that I need to...a man with strength, a man with an attitu-"

Mac collapsed on his knees and buried his head, in his hands, as he rested his elbows on the table.

"What in the name of all that is...-"

"I'm sorry...when I get...angry...I just" Mac was beginning to sniffle. "I get so...so...sad!" He was now on the ground, face down, fully broke down in tears.

"Someone please, just pick this guy up?" Wild-eye threw his hands up in the air.

~~

"I will!" exclaimed Brinn.

"No! You don't move." he quickly looked around to try and see if any one of these nutters would be able to get Mac off the ground. "Somebody...hey Form. Come get this guy here."

"I'm sorry, sir" said Form proudly. "I only save women in distress."

"WEEEEE! I will!" said a lady that Wild-eye had yet to meet. "I noticed you're going in alphabetical order. I'm Mira, I believe I'd be next on your list."

"Yes, yes you are. Ok, just help him to the breakfast tables and you can come back here to show me what you got."

"Yes, sir." Mira gave a salute. She went towards Mac, but before she got there Wild-eye heard loud *snores*coming from her. He looked, and she was fast asleep...just like that. He went back to his list, and missed the part next to Mira's name "Narcolepsy Girl." Why didn't you take note of that before! "morm, get up here."

~~

He was getting impatient. This was ridiculous, and now he wanted to get through the rest of the list as fast as possible. "Explain your abilities!"

"I am Athletes' Foot Man! I grow fungus on my feet...you want to see?"

"No. That is not even a power, that is just plain out disgusting."

"Ah, but have you ever known a man who's fungus is green, edible, and highly nutritious?" morm boasted

"Not until now. Next." Wild-eye had given up looking at his sheet, or calling anyone's name.

~~

".newreN si eman ym, iH"

"Next."

"?rewop ym ees ot tnaw uoy t'noD"

"No. Next."

".yawyna, lliks ruoy dnoyeb era seitiliba yM !eniF"

And you're getting beyond my patience. "Next."

~~

"Ooh thats me!" said a girl who was cackling wildy. "Hehe..isn't this just super fun! I'm Nessa."

"I fail to see anything funny about this."

"Well, today is your lucky day, because I have the power to make anyone lol!"

"Really? I doubt that."

"You shouldn't!" a sinister looking smile came across Nessa's face. Don't ask how he knew, but somehow Wild-eye knew he would regret having inquired more about Nessa's powers of laughter.

She jumped towards him, yelling "Tickle! Tickle! Tickle!" but Wild-eye was faster, because he was expecting something like this to happen. He quickly jumped to the other side of the table. Wild-eye made sure the table always stayed between them. "Back. Back!"

"You haven't witnessed the full extent of my power yet though?"

"I believe you. Really I do...now just back away."

To Wild-eye's surprise Nessa obliged, broke out in another cackle, and skipped towards the other heroes who had already gone through.

~~

Next was a girl, who was wearing nice-looking, glasses and carrying several books. Maybe this one's intelligent. I mean it wouldn't be an offensive weapon, or power, but having someone with brains would help. It'd be better than anyone else you've seen. However, he did not want to get his hopes up, as they had been shattered too many times today.

"I am Nienna" she said confidently.

So far so good. "Ok go on."

"I analyze things, er well actually people. It's-"

"Wait...you analyze people?" Wild-eye's voice grew interested.

"Yes. I analyze -"

"Are you good at what you do?"

"I think I am the best. See, what I do is-"

"Stop right there." Wild-eye interrupted. "Do you think you could tell me about this one dream I've been having. I can't see the people..."

"I'm sorry. I'm not sure I can help with dreams. See, what I do is I analyze people based on the frequency of certain words they use."

"That's just lovely." Just another person wasting your time Wild-eye...don't do it...don't say it. "The only words I seem to be using today are, next, and no. Analyze me."

"Well, by using next that tells me you are a really..."

"Ya great, I'm sure it's real fascinating. Next."

~~

"I am Studebaker Hawk!" said the next person in line. "and my name is Pitch."

At least this one's got a neat name. "Alright, tell me you power then."

"It would be easier if I just showed you." Pitch took out a large bottle of Aunt Jemimah's maple syrup from a pocket inside his trench coat. He began to squirt syrup all over his legs. "Come to me, my friends. Come to me. I call thee."

What must have been thousands of flies came appearing out of nowhere. They attached themselves to Studebaker's legs and began to lift off the ground. They carried him above the table, and soon near the top of the trees.

Wild-eye was at a loss for words...in what normally would have been, without question, the strangest thing he had ever witnessed in his life, was nothing compared to the rest of the things he went through today. Well he can fly...in a way? Now you're just reaching. The flies disappeared, and Pitch who had been above the treetops, came crashing back down to the ground. Go figure.

~~

"Rikae. Come on." He looked only a few people left.

"I would prefer to be called Doktor Von und Zum Quatsch." she said in a maniacal voice. "I am an evil genius!"

"You do know that I am actually in a battle against evil?"

"Yes, but butterflies are pure Evil and any one who is an enemy of the Butterfly, is a friend to me. I can help."

"Go on then." he said completely uninterested, just looking down to reaffirm this was almost over.

"I would be able to stun the butterfly with my amazing ability to turn the most reasonable statements into incomprehensible nonsense! The butterfly will be left in a state of confusement."

That's so crazy it might actually work...No you're just losing it

"Well thank you...Dr. Von under sum-thing."

"Doktor Von und Zum Quatsch and ultz ti fien glzayrpix"

Wild-eye sat and pondered whether if she had just given him a compliment, or if it was an insult, or if it was just a bunch of nonsense.

"Ahh see...that time that you took! You were completely stunned for a moment, but a moment is all it takes to die." she let out another maniacal laugh.

She's got a point you know.

~~

"Sally, you're next."

"Did you get that memo?"

"Was I supposed to get one?"

"Hehe. You're funny." she laughed "May the Schwartz be with you."

"Isn't that from Spaceballs?"

She nodded. "Something, something, something...dark side. Something, something, something...complete."

"Can you only say random quotes from different movies?"

"They do not see what lies ahead when sun has failed and moon is dead."

He was slightly interested to see how long sally could keep this going, but there were only two names left. That will be all."

"Inconcievable!" shouted sally. Wild-eye tried to suppress a laugh, but he had to admit this was pretty funny.

~~

A man clouded in darkness approached. "I am Shasta, but to you, I am Mr. E." his voice was ominous. Wild-eye didn't know if it was the shadows, or the voice, but he perked up now with considerably more interest.

"Mr. E. that is a terribly mysterious name."

"Yes."

"And no matter which way you turn, you are always in shadows."

"Yes."

He, didn't know what it was, but he was liking Mr. E. more and more. The quick, sharp answers, and his general presense. "What's your power?"

"You already discovered that." Shasta said blankly

"Huh?"

"I am always cast in shadows."

"Oh...well...I guess things have to be real gloomy for you?" Wild-eye making an attempt at a joke.

"Yes."

"Right then...thanks for your time. Last but not least...the phantom." Wild-eye was relieved at the sound of "last."

~~

An important looking man strode up to Wild-eye. He gripped his hand firmly and shook it. "I am the phantom."

Well, whatever he can do, he is strong and has a good grip...probably will be useful for something, even if it's to be canon fodder. "Your powers?"

"I am Candor man, please do not confuse me with Condor man. I must always speak the truth."

"That is a declining quality in the world. Ok, why have you come?"

"See, I could tell you that my most useful service I could be to you would be to serve as your counselor. For, I would never lead you astray. However, that would be a falsehood and that would kill me, for I did not come to be a counselor. I came because I figured there would be some hot super-hero chicks here."

"Fair enough." Wild-eye was mildly impressed by this man's candor.

"See any good ones?"

"Well, now it is time for me to tell you the truth. I put together this recruitment, because I need a team of super-heroes to stop a great evil."

"I see, that is a big problem for you."

"Yes, it is, and I'm sure you've seen this fabulous group of heroes I have to pick from. Whatever your reasons for coming here are mr. phantom, I quite like your candor and we are definitely in need of a strong arm. I mean you don't look like a man who would put on a dress."

"Eh...well to tell you the truth, sir, I actually have worn a dress before."

(to be continued...)

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-12-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:54 PM   #5
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

-----------------------
RULES

*Deadline is 11pm

*You vote like this...

++wilwa

Get one retraction each day.

--wilwa

To highlight your votes type [ HIGHLIGHT ] [ /HIGHLIGHT ] (remove the spaces)

*If you do not vote 2 days in a row you will be modfired, unless you post in the Admin thread, PM myself and/or wilwa an explanation for missing the vote.

*No double-lynches. 2-way ties will be broken by a coin-toss. The 1st person to reach the # of tied votes will be assigned heads. The 2nd tails. I will flip a standard quarter once, catch it in my palm and turn it over on the back of my other hand, to determine who is lynched. Don't worry I am a very skilled coin-flipper. 3-way ties will be broken by a hat pull. The tied names will be placed into a hat, shaken up, and whoever gets pulled out will die.

Winning conditions

-Heroes win when the villains and shapeshifter are dead.

-Dark Monarch wins when the villains number is greater, or equal to, the # of innocents

-The shapeshifter wins if he/she is the last player left.

*In the event of some strange situation where only 1 villain and the shapeshifter remain, it will be considered a DRAW.

ROLES

Heroes

Seer- has been given Wild-eye's magical eye where the seer, each NIGHT, can dream of one player and find out their role. The seer can discover the villains, and the shapeshifter. If the seer choses the Cobbler, the seer will only find an ordo.

Ranger- Has been given the scent of Wild-eye to ward off the villains and the shapeshifter. Each NIGHT the Ranger chooses someone to protect. The Ranger can not protect the same person 2 nights in a row, and may protect xemself once. In a strange case where the Ranger, villains, and Shapeshifter chooses the same player. The Ranger will be able to stop one attack, but not both.

Hunter- the Hunter has been given a bow with a single arrow. Each NIGHT the Hunter will chose someone to hunt. If the Hunter's choice is a villain, the hunter will take the villain down too. If the hunter chose the shapeshifter, only the hunter will die. If the hunter chose an innocent, only the Hunter will die. During the DAY, the Hunter may change his/her choice from the previous NIGHT once. If the Hunter is lynched, the Hunter will kill whoever he/she last picked, regardless of the player's role.

BFFs (Shirriffs)- these two players are best friends forever, they tell eachother everything. They may PM during both the DAY and NIGHT phases. They can not reveal at the same time. Meaning if one has to reveal for whatever reason, the other can not follow with something like "I'm the other BFF." If one BFF dies the other may reveal. The only exception to this rule is if the seer has dreamed of both BFFs and reveals both of them.

Evil

3 villains- these three are under the power of The Dark Monarch. They will pick a person to kill each NIGHT. They resume their normal form during the DAY, because of the amount of energy it takes to get 3 'heroic' souls to kill for the Dark Monarch. They may die by lynch, the Hunter, or the shapeshifter.

For narrational purposes, the 3 villains names are: Firefly, Gust, and Pain

Shape-shifter- the Dark Monarch's first attempt to corrupt a soul goes terribly wrong. She has created a person who can shape-shift into a bear, a bear that has gone rogue. The bear is a loner, only desiring its own victory. Each NIGHT the bear will send in the name of a person to kill. The bear may be killed by lynch, by the Hunter during the DAY only, or by the villains.

Cobbler- the cobbler is counted as an ordo but desires the Dark Monarch's victory. The cobbler believes the Dark Monarch will reward him/her for helping. The cobbler's treachery can not be discovered by the seer, and the cobbler does not know the identity of the villains.

-----

Those be the rules, and roles. Read them, if it becomes clear someone has not, you may be subject to mod-fire. IF there are any confusions or questions PM them to me, do not ask in the game thread or Admin thread.

The narration to begin Night 1 will be up momentarily

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-17-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #6
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Night 1

Volume 1, Issue 5: The Battle Begins

Wild-eye was lying in his room, staring up at the ceiling. His last vision happened after the tryouts, it was very similar to his Dream from a few nights ago. Three unknown figures were standing around his bed, plotting his own death. He knew now his time was short.

However, Wild-eye, being the man of cunning-intellect that he was, began to perceive the Dark Monarch's plan and made his own moves, hoping to stay ahead of Her. He had seen Her in a very weakened state. She has figured out the secret to corrupt human souls with dark powers. This may in the end, strengthen Her, but it was a classic blunder, because She has been temporarily weakened. How long? Wild-eye did not know, but there was a clear reason why She was not around his bed during his death. There was no question she wanted Wild-eye dead, as She had killed his brother and many other heroes, however Her blunder means for the time-being She needs to rely on her villains to kill for Her.

What She probably did not perceive was that getting innocent souls to kill is a difficult thing. Of course the more often they kill, the easier it will become, and the more powerful She will get. However, this attempt to expand her power, will drain a lot of her energy and She will have to rely on her new minions.

Whenever his death would come Wild-eye would make sure She would not get his powers that easily. For as terrible as the tryouts might have turned out, Wild-eye had told all the heroes about the Dark Monarch. And they all were going to take a stand against Her. Inept heroes they might be, but knowledge about the Dark Monarch, and Her plans surely has to count for something. They may have worthless super-powers, but he would not leave these kind-hearted people defenseless for when She does come.

All the heroes took a room at Bram's Bed and Breakfast, and three of them should be receiving special abilities and instructions from Wild-eye soon.

~~

To the Seer:

In this package is a magical-eye. I have enchanted it with my power of foresight. I have failed to uncover the identity of the three working for Her. Hopefully you will fair better, and be able to unravel the mystery of the attackers when they are at your doorstep.

W.E. Coyote

The person who received this message was slightly confused. For Wild-eye had told everyone about the Dark Monarch, but who were the three attackers he was talking about? And if Wild-eye could not figure out who they were, how did he expect me to do better?

~~

To the Ranger:

In this vial contains my scent. Spread it around someone's door each night and it will protect them from any attacker. Each time, you must use every last drop or the protection will not work. I have placed an enchantment on the vial where it will refill each night, and you can use it again. If you use it on the same person 2 nights in a row the enchantment will break and you will no longer be able to use it. You may use it on yourself once, but no more, for you are an honourable person of worth.

W.E. Coyote

Someone picked up and read the letter, than picked up the vial. "So, this is the scent of Wild-eye? Quite disgusting...hmm wonder what he smells like? Ahh, Irish Spring...nice choice, well at least he bathed regularly."

~~

To the Hunter:

Take this bow and single arrow. Do not ask me why there is only one arrow, for I do not know, this was my brother's toy. My brother was a mighty warrior, if you possess some of his quality you will find that this bow will not easily miss its intended target.

W.E. Coyote

"A bow...with one arrow? Couldn't have supplied me with a better weapon?"

~~

Wild-eye dozed off in his bed, and had his first dreamless slumber that he could ever remember.

~~

Living

Boro (Wild-eye)
wilwa (the Dark Monarch)

alonariel- Rosemancer, creates useful, everyday charms
autume- Lady Tum, The Fish Whisperer, can converse with fish
Brinn- Butterfingers (aka The Klutz) breaks everything she touches
Durelin- Felis Grey, under the impression her domestic cats obey her
Fea- Docter Girlfriend, can flirt exceptionally for unusually long intervals
Formendacil- Celibateman, saving girls everywhere from awkward 1st dates
Hakon- Leaf man, can grow leaves on his limbs whenever he wants
Inziladun- Docter Electron, can predict the precise moment a light bulb will blow
Lari- Hover girl, can hover 3 feet off the ground
Lommy- Prin-Guin, claimed princess of the penguins, wears a penguin suit and crown
Macalaure- The Incredible Sulk, when angry he turns green and pouts
Mira- Narcolepsy girl, falls asleep at the most inoppurtune moment
morm- Athletes Foot Man, grows edible green fungus in feet
Nerwen- The Reverser, can read and write backwards
Nessa- Laughing Lass, can make others laugh uncontrollably
Nienna- Word Cloud Girl, analyzes people based on the frequency of the words they use
Pitchwife- Studebaker Hawk, flies by covering legs in syrup which attracts a swarm of flies
Rikae- Doktor Von und Zum Quatsch, see here for description
sally- Movie quotes girl, quotes/recognizes quotes out of movies and TV
Shasta- Mr. E., always cast in shadows
the phantom- Candor Man not to be confused with Condor Man, the truth is brutal

It is now Night 1. Heroes be silent. Villains talk. BFFs talk. Seer send me a pick.

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-11-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:02 PM   #7
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Day 1

The D-league vs. The Dark Monarch
Volume 1, Issue 6: Murder, Murder is what She wrote. Murder, Murder, let us vote.

Wild-Eye heard intruders come into his room. So, this was it? They were here? With all my powers gone, maybe if I just pretend to sleep my death will be quick.

"Is this him?" asked the one closest to Wild-eye.

"Yes, it is." said another.

"Ok, let's just do it and get it over with." said a third.

"Wait!" said the first one "We should be sure of what our orders are first."

"She told us. Find Wild-eye and assassinate him while he sleeps." said the one in the middle.

"Clear enough, alright on the count of three." said the one closest.

In unison the 3 intruders whispered. "1...2...3." None of them moved in for the kill.

"Why didn't you two do anything?" asked the one in the middle.

"I thought you two would." said the first.

"I wondered if it is alright to assassinate someone we don't know, especially while he sleeps." the third one spoke up again.

"We have our orders, Pain." said the middle one.

"Well, I just think it would be easier to kill him if we were acquaintances." said Pain. "It doesn't feel right to kill someone we don't know, and you can't kill someone you know too well. So, if we just were to introduce ourselves, it would be easier to kill him...wouldn't it?"

"No, no. She told us he was far too dangerous if he knew we were coming, which is why she specifically told us to do it while he was asleep."

"If we are discussing my death" said Wild-eye sitting up. "I agree with Pain."

"No, no, no. Gust don't you get it! We should kill him now." the one in the middle drew out a lighter.

"Stay that match, Firefly!" yelled Gust. "He's shown no sign of aggression."

"Thanks." began Wild-eye. "So let us now formally introduce. I am Wild-eye."

"Hello, Wild-eye." Pain jumped in, he seemed interested in testing out his theory about assassinating strangers versus assassinating acquaintances. "I am Pain. This is Gust, and the hot tempered one is Firefly."

"Hello, ok go ahead then, I only ask for a clean death."

"On three?" asked Pain. They all agreed.

"1...2...3" No one moved.

'It wasn't any easier." Pain sounded dejected. "How come you just stayed there Wild-eye. Surely you could have killed us by now?"

"What makes you think that?" asked Wild-eye.

"Our Boss said you were too dangerous if you knew we were coming, that's why we wanted to kill you in your sleep."

"I knew you were coming long before this night." said Wild-eye. They all looked confused "Umm...I'm a seer."

"That makes sense." said Gust "If you knew we were coming then why were you prepared to let us kill you? Our boss made it sound -"

"Well your boss is in idiot, isn't she?"

"How rude!" yelled Firefly "Don't you dare insult the Dark Monarch!"

"I think people who sneak into someone's room to kill him while he sleeps are a lot ruder." They all looked at eachother and nodded their heads, accepting that Wild-eye had a point. "Anyway, what I was going to say, is your Boss seemed to be under the impression that I would not know you were coming and still have all my powers. This was wrong, hence why she's an idiot."

There was an awkward pause, Wild-eye took that as a sign they were interested to hear more. "I haven't shown any aggression, for I have none of my powers left and it would be useless to kill me."

"She would still be glad you were dead and we were the ones who did it!" snapped Firefly.

"Perhaps, I'm sure she would be pleased that I'm dead. However, she wants to kill me for my powers and since I have given them to others, she will make you hunt them down and kill them. So, as you can see, it makes no more sense to kill me."

"Still," began Gust. "if we went back to her and told her we let you live, she wouldn't be too happy with us."

"If that's what you have to do, than so be it." Wild-eye was now prepared to die. But then...

"Wait, maybe, if we explain to her, what Wild-eye has said...and tell her he doesn't have his powers anymore she will understand. She doesn't sound that unreasonable, I'm sure she wouldn't want us killing someone who's death wouldn't do her any good."

"Agreed." said Gust.

"If you say so" said Firefly. "I'm not so sure myself, and if she doesn't like it, I'm going to tell her I did not go along."

"Well, if we just go and tell her and she still wants us to kill him. We could always come back and do it." said Pain "You seem like an honourable person, Wild-eye, you would wait here for us if we had to come back and kill you. Right?"

Wild-eye was completely shocked, but pleasantly so...They don't want to kill? Then what was with the dream of me lying dead in my bed?

"That settles it." said Gust "Don't leave, Wild-eye, just in case we do have to come back and kill you and what not."

"Oh yeah...sure...yes I'm honourable...I will wait here. Definitely."

As soon as the three villains left. Wild-eye began hurriedly packing his bags. He couldn't believe it, he was going to be able to get out of here...Haha, those fools! Wild-eye will be gone, if and when they do come back!

However, suddenly, his door burst open. He turned to look at a hulking, growling beast. "It can not be?" Wild-eye said with a shock. "I...thought you...you should be dead?" However, there was something different about the eyes, the eyes did not look kind, yet sad. They were the eyes of a beast hungry for blood. "It's me, Brother. Wild-eye!"

The beast looked at first puzzled, but let out a blasting roar, and there was darkness.

~~

The next morning all the heroes awoke and found that Wild-eye was not with them. When they went to get him from his room, they saw the door splintered open, and laying on the bed was Wild-eye. He had several deep cuts across his face.

"He's dead." declared Mac. "Who could have done this?"

"Look!" pointed Nessa "On the sheets!"

"That's a bloody bear print" said the phantom. "I thought we were supposed to be fighting an evil Butterfly. He never told us anything about a bear. ::hmpf:: Liar!"

.newreN deksa "?won od ew esoppus uoy od tahW"

~~

Living

wilwa (the Dark Monarch)

alonariel- Rosemancer, creates useful, everyday charms
autume- Lady Tum, The Fish Whisperer, can converse with fish
Brinn- Butterfingers (aka The Klutz) breaks everything she touches
Durelin- Felis Grey, under the impression her domestic cats obey her
Fea- Docter Girlfriend, can flirt exceptionally for unusually long intervals
Formendacil- Celibateman, saving girls everywhere from awkward 1st dates
Hakon- Leaf man, can grow leaves on his limbs whenever he wants
Inziladun- Docter Electron, can predict the precise moment a light bulb will blow
Lari- Hover girl, can hover 3 feet off the ground
Lommy- Prin-Guin, claimed princess of the penguins, wears a penguin suit and crown
Macalaure- The Incredible Sulk, when angry he turns green and pouts
Mira- Narcolepsy girl, falls asleep at the most inoppurtune moment
morm- Athletes Foot Man, grows edible green fungus in feet
Nerwen- The Reverser, can read and write backwards
Nessa- Laughing Lass, can make others laugh uncontrollably
Nienna- Word Cloud Girl, analyzes people based on the frequency of the words they use
Pitchwife- Studebaker Hawk, flies by covering legs in syrup which attracts a swarm of flies
Rikae- Doktor Von und Zum Quatsch
sally- Movie quotes girl, quotes/recognizes quotes out of movies and TV
Shasta- Mr. E., always cast in shadows
the phantom- Candor Man not to be confused with Condor Man, the truth is brutal

Dead

Boro- Wild-eye (Night 1)

Day 1 has now begun! You may all start posting! Villains stop PMing, BFFs may still PM and Hunter can send in a choice if they so desire. Please don't forget to highlight your votes.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:08 PM   #8
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
So let's pretend I wasn't watching the clock for it to be time to start.

Oh poor Wild Eye... That couldn't have been pleasant.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:13 PM   #9
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Really? No one's around?
Old 08-12-2009, 09:16 PM   #10
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I'm around, but only for pretend. It's bed time for sweet nice little girls like me.

Since it doesn't appear that I'll be missing much by going beddy-bye, I shall depart without ceremony.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:18 PM   #11
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I am also around but going now. I just signed in to check this thread. See you all tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #12
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lame, guys, lame. I have to be at work all day tomorrow and was really hoping people would be around now to give me something to go on.

And furthermore, Fea, sweet and nice you are not. <3

Last edited by Mirandir; 08-12-2009 at 09:23 PM. Reason: witticism
Mirandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:28 PM   #13
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Here! I am here! It is a far to reasonable hour for me to be here.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:29 PM   #14
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh thank goodness! At least SOMEONE is on top of things.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:31 PM   #15
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
That's true, but I also am three hours earlier than you. I shall now poke Alona and see if she is around.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:35 PM   #16
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Good call.

So I was trying to come up with something witty and substantial for my 500th post, but that failed pretty epically.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #17
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I'm kinda sorta around for the next 30 minutes. After that I'll truly be around for at least an hour or so.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #18
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

That it did, but its fine, we have nothing witty and substantial to say at the moment. I shall have to be thinking about that soon though.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:39 PM   #19
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

phantom! *glomp*

Yeah, so the whole substantial thing probably isn't going to happen for me tonight since I have to go to bed soon and work in the morning like a big girl. Just as warning.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:45 PM   #20
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

You know Alona in real life? It turns out I will be around for the next half hour or hour.

Do any of you know why Morm said we should lynch Phantom first?
Old 08-12-2009, 09:47 PM   #21
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon View Post
You know Alona in real life? It turns out I will be around for the next half hour or hour.

Yup, Alona is Lari's BFF in RL.

And morm said to lynch phantom first because his sheer awesomeness tends to override any logic that might come into play when playing Werewolf.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:47 PM   #22
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:

Yes I do know her in real life. Mira and I made her sign up. And for reference, we(Fea, Nienna, Mira, Alona, and myself) all do know each other in real life.

We lynch the phantom first because it has been done. He speaks the truth and is a good player but also seems to be one of those who seem to be only here a little while.

Or it could be because Morm is afraid of the phantom's awesome. But I don't know Morm as all so tis just a guess.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 08-12-2009 at 09:48 PM. Reason: x-posted with Mira who SAID THE EXCAT SAME THING
Lariren Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #23
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

*the disembodied voice of someone familiar comes bellowing from thin air*

The Dark Monarch's breath smells like goat cheese

(P.S. that's my thank you wilwa. )
Old 08-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #24
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

First off, love you.

Secondly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
Yes I do know her in real life. Mira and I made her sign up. And for reference, we(Fea, Nienna, Mira, Alona, and myself) all do know each other in real life.
You should add Brinn, Kath and Form to that list.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:51 PM   #25
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I knew that you, Fea, Nienna and Mira all knew each other and I just found out that you also know Alona.

I think it is cause Morm fears the Phantom and I think Phantom would make an awesome werewolf. He does have awesomeness. That was my response to Lari's post, had to point it out since there are now some posts in between and I am too lazy to quote.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #26
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

phantom makes an awesome whatever-role-he-has. I wonder if he's reading this right now...
Old 08-12-2009, 09:54 PM   #27
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So then let me amend this:
Fea and Nienna have met Form in person. Mira, Alona, and I have talked on aim with him.

Mira and I have met Kath(who is not playing) in person.

Fea, Nienna, Mira, and I have met Brinn in person and she will be living with Fea and Nienna.

And I have talked on the phone with Sally

There that should be an up to date list of knowing people.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:55 PM   #28
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
phantom makes an awesome whatever-role-he-has. I wonder if he's reading this right now...
Even when he has been night killed by the wolves and is an opera ghost and still playing.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #29
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
So then let me amend this:
Fea and Nienna have met Form in person. Mira, Alona, and I have talked on aim with him.

Mira and I have met Kath(who is not playing) in person.

Fea, Nienna, Mira, and I have met Brinn in person and she will be living with Fea and Nienna.

And I have talked on the phone with Sally

There that should be an up to date list of knowing people.
Except we forgot Mac and Rikae. They're kinda important in this conversation and we have definitely all met them in real life and Lari, Nienna, and Fea even attended their wedding *grumblegrumblestillupsetdgrumble*
Old 08-12-2009, 09:58 PM   #30
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
Except we forgot Mac and Rikae. They're kinda important in this conversation and we have definitely all met them in real life and Lari, Nienna, and Fea even attended their wedding *grumblegrumblestillupsetdgrumble*
SO I FAIL WITH THIS LIST THING. And I didn't forget...I just...oh look shinny!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:59 PM   #31
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Now that we have settled this knowing each other and meeting each other in real life. Let us start making accusations. Mira is my current main suspect because she was the first to post. Also I am sure Phantom is reading this.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:02 PM   #32
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
SO I FAIL WITH THIS LIST THING. And I didn't forget...I just...oh look shinny!
Spelling, dear.

Quote:
Now that we have settled this knowing each other and meeting each other in real life. Let us start making accusations. Mira is my current main suspect because she was the first to post. Also I am sure Phantom is reading this.
Of course I am. Sorry for being excited for WW.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:03 PM   #33
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nothing wrong with being excited, I just need someone to suspect right now.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:07 PM   #34
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

1) Bear-dude... Please help us kill the villains, for your own good. They can kill you at night or beat you by surviving to the end. They are your most likely roadblock to victory. At night, gun for them.

2) Gifteds, leave decent clues please, so as to prove your identities. Not clues that can be read easily, but coded clues that you can point out after the fact. Yeah, yeah, baddies can fake it, but it at least makes more work for them, and they have to plan it in advance, and if they do so you ought to at least have a claim equal to theirs.

3) I think we should, as a village, agree to set for ourselves an artificial deadline which is 30 minutes before the true one. Last minute voting flurries can be deadly, and we'll feel really foolish if we lynch a gifted right at the end, and if we had only cast our votes sooner that person would've had a chance to prove their identity and divert the lynch. I'm not expecting this idea to be adopted, but I can always dream, can't I?
Old 08-12-2009, 10:09 PM   #35
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
1) Bear-dude... Please help us kill the villains, for your own good. They can kill you at night or beat you by surviving to the end. They are your most likely roadblock to victory. At night, gun for them.

2) Gifteds, leave decent clues please, so as to prove your identities. Not clues that can be read easily, but coded clues that you can point out after the fact. Yeah, yeah, baddies can fake it, but it at least makes more work for them, and they have to plan it in advance, and if they do so you ought to at least have a claim equal to theirs.

3) I think we should, as a village, agree to set for ourselves an artificial deadline which is 30 minutes before the true one. Last minute voting flurries can be deadly, and we'll feel really foolish if we lynch a gifted right at the end, and if we had only cast our votes sooner that person would've had a chance to prove their identity and divert the lynch. I'm not expecting this idea to be adopted, but I can always dream, can't I?
I agree with all of that. Well people I am off now. I have a new suspect, but not for a wolf.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:10 PM   #36
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Wow, that was subtle.

This party sucks.

++Rikae
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:11 PM   #37
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I have not been able to spell my whole life. I try my best. Spell check is my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post

I would like to agree with this. Also setting up that deadline can help avoid the confusion of double lynches.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:13 PM   #38
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcolepsy Girl (Mira)
And morm said to lynch phantom first because his sheer awesomeness tends to override any logic that might come into play when playing Werewolf.
So Phantom should be slain for excessive awesomeness? Hmm... not a good plan it seems to me. Do you not want awesome people on your team? Unless of course you know Phantom isn't on your team. But at this stage no one can know that.

Not to mention the fact that Phantom isn't even playing. Do you see the cape on my back? I am Candor Man! Defender of truth and.... well, just truth really.

Last edited by the phantom; 08-12-2009 at 10:20 PM. Reason: name
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:14 PM   #39
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So seeing as how I should really be heading off to bed, here is a totally useless list.

Mira: Posted first. And a lot. Either really bored or super evil and really bad at hiding it. I'm leaning towards option 1.

Fea: Is sleepy. I find this mighty suspicious.

Hakon: Admits that phantom is awesome. Not really sure what more needs to be said on the subject.

Lari: Is around to amuse me. Find list of people we know in real life veeeeeeery suspicious. *squinty eyes*

phantom: Is awesome. End of story.

Rikae: Randomly appeared and self-voted. Is that against the rules?

And on that note, Narcoleptic Girl will make full use of her powers and - *falls asleep, bashes head on table*
Old 08-12-2009, 10:16 PM   #40
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candor Man View Post
So Phantom should be slain for excessive awesomeness? Hmm... not a good plan it seems to me. Do you not want awesome people on your team? Unless of course you know Phantom isn't on your team. But at this stage no one can know that.

Not to mention the fact that Phantom isn't even playing. Do you see the cape on my back? I am Candor Man! Defender of truth and.... well, just truth really.
My sincere apologies then Candor Man. I shall refer to you properly.