Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-18-2006, 01:43 AM   #481
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
SAVE filled

Wulfhamers

Feel free to suggest modifications to Brand's hasty plan.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:55 PM   #482
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Save filled.

I don't know what Athwen's going to do during all this ambushing stuff. Brand said she could be part of a decoy part. . .but that'll have to be explained.

-- Folwren
Old 03-18-2006, 06:31 PM   #483
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Undómë and Skywalker

Just had time to pop in. Please take Sythric with you and proceed. I'll be quite busy for a two- three days from now on...

Looking very promising otherwise. Nice meeting to come...
Old 03-18-2006, 11:26 PM   #484
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I am hoping to get a post up tonight or tomorrow afternoon at the latest. I can get us into postion for our ambush. Arry do you want us to use force and tie them up or should we just surround them and threaten them with our weapons? I think after we are into position and hiding either Folwren or Telvido can post their decoy post then perhaps you Arry can get the ball rolling for us to finally meet the others.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:05 AM   #485
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tie them up! Otherwise, how are we to know they aren't Easterlings - since we know Easterlings are Men but none of us have actually ever seen one. Also, thinking they are Easterlings, we'll want to question them about if there are anymore coming along. That's most likely when we'll find out we've made a rather bad mistake . . .

Brand'll net one of them and bop him on the head; Incana should be able to knock one of them off their horse with her rock thrower. Vaenosa needs to be careful if she's using her bow that she doesn't actually mortally injure one of them or their horses.

I've put up a SAVE for Brand to fill Athwen in about what's happening.

Then go ahead, Valier and get us three into position.

Hopefully Folwren can get the other three heading away from the camp as decoys once you've posted, Valier. Go ahead and carry Dorran and Leod with you, Folwren - Tevildo is busy in RL and may have less if any time to post in the next few days.

Last edited by Arry; 03-19-2006 at 01:27 AM.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:35 AM   #486
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Err, umm...I thought that there was only the two men that were coming towards us. I think I may be a tad confused, or delirious....Vaenosa is shooting one with an arrow, Incana is knocking one off of their horse with rocks and Brand is netting one. How does this all happen with the three of us and only two of them?
Old 03-19-2006, 01:30 AM   #487
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

No, there not 3 men . . . Brand will throw his net at one of the two and rush in to give him a whack with his club. Incana will be across from Brand and try to take down the other with her rock thrower. Vaenosa will be shooting at whichever one of them she thinks needs a little more encouragement to stay "captured".

Or if you wish, Brand will step back and be the back up -- whatever you decide is fine with me.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:25 AM   #488
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Don't want to die so soon!!

I'm not sure if Vaenosa should shoot at anyone... if one is clubbed he'll be down but whoever gets thrown off the horse might try to fight... then Vaenosa should appear and threaten him rather than shoot at him... any kind of wounds with an arrow will either be a flesh wound (that won't slow anyone down, not when he/she is being attacked) or a rather bad wound.... and a pierced limb will slow you down MUCH more than what hollywood would like you to think.=P

Anyway, Maeggaladiel, who would you like to be? the one to be trapped or the one to be thrown off with a rock and then threatened? I don't mind either way (what a lovely choice I'm giving you, eh?)
Old 03-19-2006, 02:56 AM   #489
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Whatever Valier, Naria, Farael, and Maeggaladiel want to work out is fine with me.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:21 PM   #490
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ok I promise I won't shoot anyone...but I can't promise Vaenosa will be gentle. I think she would treaten from afar with the bow, then she would like to use her new blade (machette), to be intimidating close up. I shall get us ready today. BREGOS: any idea who is to be ambushed by who yet? I would like to include some aspects of how you look so I would like it if you could give me a short description of what you are wearing and such. If not I can do my post without, I thought I could get us to the point when the two "strangers" see Athwen and Leod to us the ambushers surrounding and club/ netting them. Should we strike first then ask questions later? What about the other riders from Brego? Would they come upon us, with their friends tied up or what?
Old 03-19-2006, 01:19 PM   #491
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
Ok I promise I won't shoot anyone...but I can't promise Vaenosa will be gentle. I think she would treaten from afar with the bow, then she would like to use her new blade (machette), to be intimidating close up. I shall get us ready today. BREGOS: any idea who is to be ambushed by who yet? I would like to include some aspects of how you look so I would like it if you could give me a short description of what you are wearing and such. If not I can do my post without, I thought I could get us to the point when the two "strangers" see Athwen and Leod to us the ambushers surrounding and club/ netting them. Should we strike first then ask questions later? What about the other riders from Brego? Would they come upon us, with their friends tied up or what?
Alright, first of all Valier, feel free to be as intimidating as you please =) Just don't shoot me.

Second, I can't even recall Osmod's exact description, go up to the character sheet on the first page of this thread and you'll find it. I'm waiting on Maeggaladiel to know who will be ambushed by whom....
Old 03-19-2006, 01:34 PM   #492
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I thought maybe the other Bregos can come up to the scene after it's been sorted out a little - after the captured 2 Bregos make it clear they're not soldiers of the Dark Lord.

I don't think our whole group should get into a pitched battle with the Wulfham group.

~ U
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 03-19-2006, 02:15 PM   #493
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Sounds good! I also wanted to know if I should just get our group ready to ambush or should I go ahead and do a post up to us having captured them(bregos) and questioning? I will wait awhile before I post in case anyone objects. I would really like to get the ball rolling again today.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:23 PM   #494
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I wouldn't mind if you posted us capturing/tying them.

However - Farael, Maegg, do you want to try to fight back?

Valier - you could also begin the questioning - but give Naria and me a chance to ask a few questions, and a chance for the Bregos to say something in their defense.

Undome & Eowyn you can come in after we've untied them.

& Folwren after Brand gives a loud whistle can you bring back your group?

How does that sound to everyone?
Old 03-19-2006, 02:34 PM   #495
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I know Osmod will try to struggle, unless he's the netted/knocked out one. Of course, he won't be stupid enough as to fight three or four people by himself, so it shouldn't be a real struggle, maybe some desperated attempt at freeing himself but nothing more.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:47 PM   #496
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So, Valier -

Can you write up to where the Wulfhamers have just ambushed the 2 Bregos - then let Farael write a post where he puts up a struggle, but is subdued and tied up.

Then you (Valier) can start the questioning . . .

How does that sound?
Old 03-19-2006, 03:15 PM   #497
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Do you all need a decoy group post before the ambush actually takes place?

I can come back when Brand whistles, yeah.

-- Folwren
Old 03-19-2006, 04:03 PM   #498
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ok I can post up till then ok FARAEL you will be the netted one? MAGG you shall be the unfortunate unconcious one.

I will have Brand and Incana hiding to the left of the camp,Vaenosa and Dorran to the right. Brand with a net for Osmond and Incana a stone to Fionns noggin.I shall post the decoys fleeing then Vaenosa and Dorran will emerge and threaten while the two on the left will incapasitate the brego's riders. I will leave it with a threatening question from Vaenosa leaving the floor open for everyone to respond to the situation...................Sound good?

EDit: I just read the thread over and I made a mistake there is just Vaenosa, Brand and Incana pulling the ambush. I shall keep that in mind. Brand can net Osmond then Incana can let loose a stone.

SHALL I GO AHEAD AND POST???????????

Last edited by Valier; 03-19-2006 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:44 PM   #499
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

If I were the boss, I'd say go ahead and post.

-- Folwren
Old 03-19-2006, 06:01 PM   #500
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

If you have it ready, what are you waiting for?! =P Go ahead Vaenosa, I think this is what we've all been waiting for.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:41 PM   #501
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Okay, being unconscious is fine with me.

I agree with Farael: Go ahead and post.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:29 PM   #502
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sounds good, Valier! Go for it!!
Old 03-19-2006, 07:47 PM   #503
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Sting

I HAVE NOW POSTED!!! PLEASE READ IT AND LET ME KNOW IF I SHOULD MAKE SOME CHANGES. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH ADDING OR OMITTING CONTENT OF IT. I HAD A BIT OF WRITERS BLOCK AND COULD NOT BE MORE DESCRIPTIVE. IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS SO I CAN MAKE IT BETTER....LET ME KNOW!

Last edited by Valier; 03-19-2006 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:45 PM   #504
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I THINK YOU LEFT THE CAPSLOCK ON VALIER!!!! OR MAYBE YOU ARE JUST FAR TOO EXCITED!!!!

Anyway, good post =) just one comment

Quote:
At the moment they turned Brand was out of hiding and gave the net a heavy heave, it landed over the man that shouted with ease
I realized that "the man that shouted" was Osmod, but it's a little bit confusing.... maybe you would like to change it to something else? maybe "the leader of the two" or "the one who seemed to be in the lead".... or even "the man who had shouted before". From how it's written right now, it looks to me as if it said that the net landed over the man that could shout easily.

Other than that, awesome!! and nice to meet you, expect Osmod to be mightly upset.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:51 PM   #505
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ok so I was a little excited!!! Thanks about that I edited it, it totally made no sense! Hope I did you other Wulfhamers justice with the way I portrayed your characters.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:24 PM   #506
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hehehehehe. This is all veeerrry humorous, even if it is a might uncomfortable.

Anyhow, I stuck up a save. They're going to come back, and Athwen's a mighty soft sort of person, in her way. There's no telling how she's going to take Vaenosa's treatment of these poor, helpless men. No tellin' indeed! We'll see.

-- Folwren
Old 03-20-2006, 10:08 AM   #507
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Wow, great post Valier!!

I will get my post up soon. I think Incana is going to be a wee bit overwhelmed at what Vaenosa is doing and really scared too.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:05 PM   #508
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Great stuff, people!

This is looking like a lot of fun!

We last Bregos will be there in a moment. I made a save for us to approach (to get going forwards anyhow), but actually not probably noting anything yet - as nothing has kind of happened, but the ambush... (Nice one, Valier!)
Old 03-20-2006, 01:27 PM   #509
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hehehehe! That was very good, Valier! Me likey!

Poor Fionn. It's just one humiliation after another.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:00 PM   #510
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

It's not too humiliating to get knocked out with a rock in the middle of your head. Depend upon it - if it were your younger siblings you were dealing with, yo'ud be a hero for the bump that he's going to have alone!

-- Folwren
Old 03-20-2006, 02:36 PM   #511
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Rest of the Bregos

I filled my save and took the liberty of Raed. agreeing in the basic scouting tactics with Sythric. If you Undómë think, that Raed. would think otherwise, please let me know, and I'll change it. But this would seem natural and wise, at least for me.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:38 PM   #512
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
There's always hope and love, even in the ugliest of times!
Sythric is much the romantic!

~ U *wiping the coffee she nearly choked on from her screen

Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 03-20-2006, 02:46 PM   #513
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undómë
Sythric is much the romantic!

~ U *wiping the coffee she nearly choked on from her screen

He seems to be...
Old 03-20-2006, 04:15 PM   #514
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Poor Fionn. It's just one humiliation after another
Don't worry about it! I sometimes thing Vaenosa should be singing in her head *noboby likes me every body hates me, think I'll go eat some worms....*
Old 03-20-2006, 11:42 PM   #515
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Vaenosa and Eostre should get along WONDERFULLY, then. (snickers) Both of them think everyone hates them, and hate everyone else. Well... no... Eostre actually quite likes Sythric and Fion(n), but isn't about to let anyone notice THAT.

Stupid characters. (bounces on them) The ambush was amusing. Don't worry, Fionn, those of us about to write salute you!
Old 03-21-2006, 12:54 AM   #516
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Don't worry about it! I sometimes thing Vaenosa should be singing in her head *noboby likes me every body hates me, think I'll go eat some worms....*
Hehehe! Oh, I don't worry about it: It amuses me to no end.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:06 AM   #517
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Where's Farael? I don't want to fill in my save until he does. . .I was expecting his to be filled at least by now.

-- Folwren
Old 03-21-2006, 10:13 AM   #518
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Where's Farael? I don't want to fill in my save until he does. . .I was expecting his to be filled at least by now.

-- Folwren
Sorry!! I'm on it.... but i need to finish a flowchart for my chem. lab first.... yet you can post after me, that's the point of leaving a save... of course, if you rather wait I don't mind.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:31 AM   #519
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Double posting!!

Ok, save is up and Osmod is pretty upset.... let's hope Vaenosa does not take the spit too personal =D
Old 03-21-2006, 11:50 AM   #520
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oh, good. Glad to see you back. Maybe Athwen can intercede for you, depending on what happened. (I haven't gone over and read it yet.)

EDIT: Save filled.

-- Folwren

Last edited by Folwren; 03-21-2006 at 03:41 PM.