The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-14-2002, 05:16 AM   #41
Lostgaeriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lostgaeriel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Not to worry. I won't be posting anything from the Sil - I haven't read it through yet - it's been sitting on my shelf since it was first published! I'm trying it again.

Quote:
I could stagger on now.
Old 01-14-2002, 03:05 PM   #42
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Sting

Wow, Lostgariel, that's not easy to find. It sounds like a hobbit after a meal - I thought it could be Sam in Mordor, but didn't find it there. Will keep looking - or is it in the Hobbit?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 05:51 PM   #43
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Sting

heres a quite easy quote:
[QUOTE]Eavesdropping, Sir? I don't follow you,begging your pardon. There ain't no eaves at Bag End and that's a fact![QUOTE]

email OR post ur answerz! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
ArwenBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 05:53 PM   #44
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

OOPZ..... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
MY EMAIL IS sunnyskys3200@yahoo.com!
Old 01-14-2002, 05:54 PM   #45
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

OOPZ.... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] MY EMAIL IZ sunnyskys3200@yahoo.com
Old 01-14-2002, 06:51 PM   #46
Turambar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Turambar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Turambar
Sting

Lostgariel's sounds like it might be Frodo, in Mordor?
Old 01-14-2002, 07:44 PM   #47
Lostgaeriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Yes, Estelyn Telcontar, it is a hobbit after a meal. But no, Turambar, it's not Frodo - he says phrases of similar meaning, but not those words - unless I overlooked it.
Old 01-14-2002, 11:42 PM   #48
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Sting

well, that's actually Pippin in Rohan, just after His and Merry's escape from Ugluk & Co. Lembas prooved very nourishing, so he found himself refreshed enough to go on.

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 02:35 AM   #49
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Hi, ArwenBaggins! That is easy, and has, fortunately, made its way into the movie, only slightly changed. Cute pun, isn't it?! It's Sam to Gandalf at Bag's End.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 01-15-2002, 02:36 AM   #50
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Here's a new one for ya'll - "It is easier to shout stop! than to do it!"
Old 01-16-2002, 06:26 PM   #51
Lostgaeriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

HerenIstarion - you got it right! It was Pippin to Merry.
Old 01-22-2002, 09:49 PM   #52
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Belin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Belin
Sting

Oh, I have one!

"I don't keep water in my pockets."

Who, to whom, and where?
Or is that too easy?
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Belin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 02:28 AM   #53
Curuquendil
Pile O'Bones

Curuquendil has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Here's a new quote, one which I've always liked...

"...But come, my friend, let us not speak of it! Let us not speak at all! I stand upon some dreadful brink, and it is utterly dark in the abyss before my feet, but whether there is any light behind me I cannot tell. For I cannot turn yet. I wait for some stroke of doom."
Old 01-23-2002, 04:17 PM   #54
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Curuquendil, your quote is by Eowyn, speaking to Faramir.
I'll repeat my yet to be solved quote from above:
"It is easier to shout stop! than to do it!"
Old 01-23-2002, 05:28 PM   #55
Marileangorifurnimaluim
Eerie Forest Spectre

Marileangorifurnimaluim has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Treebeard to Merry and Pippin. Though I probably have no business answering since I haven't had time to dig up "copy-cat" quotes in another thread!
Old 01-24-2002, 01:01 AM   #56
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Right, Maril! Are you going to give us a new one or should someone else keep going?
Old 01-24-2002, 02:27 PM   #57
Lostgaeriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Hi Belin! Frodo said "I don't keep water in my pockets." to Pippin that first morning "camping out" after they set ouf from Bag End to Crickhollow. Maybe too easy, but very funny. Welcome to the Barrow Downs!
Old 01-25-2002, 04:08 AM   #58
Curuquendil
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Quote:
Originally posted by Estelyn Telcontar:
<STRONG>Curuquendil, your quote is by Eowyn, speaking to Faramir.
I'll repeat my yet to be solved quote from above:
"It is easier to shout stop! than to do it!"</STRONG>
Yes, Estelyn - quite correct!
Old 01-26-2002, 03:18 AM   #59
Marileangorifurnimaluim
Eerie Forest Spectre

Marileangorifurnimaluim has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Welcome Belin and Curuquendil (sometimes I don't notice the number of posts, I auto-assume you've posted forever - but Lostgaeriel reminded me).

Here's an easy one:
Quote:
They're sailing, sailing..
Old 01-27-2002, 09:08 AM   #60
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

heres another quote. who said it,and to whom?

Quote:
"Kinsman Farewell! May your doom be other than mine,and your treasure remain with you to the end."
post or email your answer
mailto:sunnyskys3200@yahoo.comsunnyskys3200@yahoo.com</A>
[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2002, 02:41 PM   #61
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Celeborn to Aragorn, speaking of their respective wives
Old 01-27-2002, 02:49 PM   #62
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

My turn -
"As she so have I chosen, both the sweet and the bitter."
Old 01-27-2002, 03:05 PM   #63
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

herez a quote who said it,and ov what(or who?)

Quote:
Mirthrandir! Mirthrandir! This is wizardry indeed! Come! I would look on the forest,ere the spell changes
Old 01-27-2002, 03:07 PM   #64
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Hey, Arwen! Two quotes at a time could be confusing, so let's try to get the first one answered first before we tackle yours, OK?
Old 01-30-2002, 03:27 PM   #65
Curuquendil
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Quote:
Originally posted by Marileangorifurnimaluim:
<STRONG>Welcome Belin and Curuquendil (sometimes I don't notice the number of posts, I auto-assume you've posted forever - but Lostgaeriel reminded me).

Here's an easy one:
</STRONG>
Thank you for the welcome! I didn't see another reply to your quote, so here's my guess -

Sam, speaking about the Elves, to the patrons at the Green Dragon in Bywater?
Old 02-02-2002, 03:00 PM   #66
Androndo the Thoughtfull
Wight

Androndo the Thoughtfull has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Androndo the Thoughtfull
Sting

Estelyn Telcontar>>

(Queen) Arwen said it...:

Quote:
I shall not go with him now when he departs to the
Havens; for mine is the choice of Luthien, and as she so have I chosen, both
the sweet and the bitter.
The choice was to be Aragorns wife, and with that be immortal.

right?

[ February 02, 2002: Message edited by: Androndo the Thoughtfull ]
Old 02-02-2002, 06:40 PM   #67
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

You're right, Androndo, it was Arwen - though her choice was to become mortal, not immortal. Go ahead, give us a new quote to work on!
Old 02-03-2002, 12:05 AM   #68
Androndo the Thoughtfull
Wight

Androndo the Thoughtfull has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Androndo the Thoughtfull
Thumbs up

How did that 'i' come there :-) ?

Quote:
Minas Tirith is burning.
Old 02-19-2002, 06:50 PM   #69
Vilya Elathelas of Rivendell
Animated Skeleton

Vilya Elathelas of Rivendell has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Originally posted by ArwenBaggins:
<STRONG>Mirthrandir! Mirthrandir! This is wizardry indeed! Come! I would look on the forest,ere the spell changes
</STRONG>
That's legolas, to gandalf (MIthrandir) about the forest of the Ents...or Huorns...or something.
Old 02-19-2002, 08:23 PM   #70
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Joy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Minas Tirith is burning
Is this Beregond?

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 08:31 AM   #71
Mat_Heathertoes
Wight

Mat_Heathertoes has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
'Minas Tirith is burning.'
Aragorn, Captain of the greatest Corsairs' dromund, to Legolas & Gimli as they made their way up the Anduin to the Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

"Up with your beard, Durin's son!"
Old 03-14-2002, 08:11 AM   #72
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Is the one about having no hope and wanting to be back home either Merry or Pippin?
Old 03-25-2002, 07:02 PM   #73
shakespeare_in_denim

Tolkien

"FOOL OF A TOOK!"
Old 03-29-2002, 06:37 PM   #74
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

OK, I gave it a few days, so a newbie could answer. It's Gandalf to Pippen in Moria, when Pippin dropped a stone into a well.

Correct? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

BTW: Welcome to the Downs, Took. I hope you have a great time here. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2002, 07:28 AM   #75
Polly Sandybanks
Pile O'Bones

Polly Sandybanks has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Polly Sandybanks Send a message via AIM to Polly Sandybanks
Sting

That was definitely Gandalf. But wasn't it a skeleton that Pippin accidentally pushed into that well!? Not that it matters, but. Or maybe that's just in the movie. It was a while since I read the book.. I'll re-read it soon. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.
Polly Sandybanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 07:31 AM   #76
Polly Sandybanks
Pile O'Bones

Send a message via ICQ to Polly Sandybanks Send a message via AIM to Polly Sandybanks
Sting

Oh no.. sorry.. *remembers*. The skeleton is only in the movie.. in the book it was a stone. You're right. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.
Old 03-30-2002, 12:38 PM   #77
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Since this the post any quote anytime...I'm not waiting for Took.

Who said to who?
Quote:
It is all dark, but it is not all night,
Old 03-31-2002, 04:48 AM   #78
Polly Sandybanks
Pile O'Bones

Sting

I think that was hrm... *tries to remember*. I think it's.. was it one of the dwarves?? In The Hobbit?
Old 03-31-2002, 03:01 PM   #79
Merry
Animated Skeleton

Merry has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You can't give me this
It is mine to give to whom i will

I just thought it sounded sweet
Old 03-31-2002, 03:43 PM   #80
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Joy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
You can't give me this
Aragorn
Quote:
It is mine to give to whom i will, like my heart
Arwen

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote