User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2002, 07:38 AM   #361
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thalionyulma has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rinurion was wary still of Daegon. But he did not want to leave the three elf maidens, and decided it was wiser to follow. He was still suspicious of him, though he was vouched by an elf of his company. Something was amiss.

He noticed that they were drawing near to what looked to be some sort of encampment and he slowed his pace. He wished the other female elves weren’t so eager to aide this elf. He worried that Gayahithwen was too trusting and naive. He drew closer to Sauche and Amaryllis.

“Lady Amaryllis,” he said that only she and the other elf maiden could hear, “I believe we should be cautious.”

“Why so?” Amaryllis asked a bit uncertain.

The other elf maiden, Sauche, was silent and looked calculating at the situation before them. Rinurion braced himself for what was to come.

[ March 27, 2003: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]
Old 10-17-2002, 08:43 PM   #362
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Fair Amaryllis has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fair Amaryllis
Sting

Amaryllis, a bit scared now, was unsure if she wanted to go on. She didn't really like confrontations. She rather liked to compromise.

She stepped behind a large tree and tried to be inconspicuous. Perhaps she could climb up and let the others take care of things.
Old 10-29-2002, 02:43 AM   #363
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The dark elf looked towards the horizon. They had been traveling several days and were but a few miles near the foot of Dol Guldur now. Rûdhchamion had led the small group near an alcove of trees that was near a small stream. They had spotted several patrols and had luckily evaded them before the enemy had noticed their presence.

Khelek was getting impatient. Rûdhchamion had had the need to lecture the wolf pup on several occasion on caution. Even Taralphiel was fidgetty. Anarya was more precautious and quietly observed the dark elf.

“Let us rest tonight. Tomorrow I scout further on before we all go together.”

I wish to go with you! The white pup said stubbornly. Rûdhchamion had often gone alone He felt it was safer that way. We are closer to enemy territory and having another go with you would be wiser.

“Khelek has a point, Rûdhchamion. Either he or I shall go with you, “ Anarya said. Khelek had raised a brow. Either you or me... he takes too many risks. Besides I am not a child that needs protecting all the time!

The elf sighed. “Very well. Khelek will come with me.”

The elf suddenly looked up to see a a small group of bats heading towards their direction. He quickly signalled them to take cover in the alcove.

[ October 29, 2002: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]
Old 11-03-2002, 07:30 PM   #364
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Anarya SilverBranch has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The bats flew over head in a fury of shadowed wings, blackening the already dark sky that hung in the heavens, foreboding and heavy. Anarya put her hands over her head. She was beginning to regret going on this "adventure" if you could call it that. All this was becoming, rapidly, was a suicide mission.

The bats passed and the travellers found a secluded area that had sufficent enough cover so they would not be seen from the air. They did not risk a fire, so close to the Enemy's dwelling and sat in the cool twilight eating some smoked meat. The taste was not very appitizing so Anarya put hers down and gave it to Khelek who took it thankfully. Anarya's mind was too full to eat.

She pondered for quite a while what was going to happen to them as she sat on the branch of a large tree on her watch. Night was coming quickly and with it new dangers more perilous every dusk. A sound startled Anarya. She turned and saw Rudhchamion on the branch across the way.

"My turn for watch," He said simply as they switched branches, Rudhchamion perched on the lookout branch while Anarya stood on one of the lower branchs which one used to climb up on to the top.

Anarya beagn to edge her way down but stopped resting her arms on the branch in front of her, her chin resting on her hands.

"Do you think we'll get out of this alive?" She asked quietly the question that had been bothering her.

No answer came. Anarya looked up. Rudhchamion sat silently in deep thought, a slight breeze made his arrows in his quiver tremble slightly, her hair moving with them.

"You can tell me," She added softly, "I won't tell anyone else."
Old 11-08-2002, 06:15 PM   #365
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Leighlei has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Leighlei
Silmaril

Sauche nodded, her male companion was right. Something, a small voice, in the back of her mind was wailing. 'Danger! Thing aren't what they seem!' But she had to silence it to make room for the voice of reason, watching the maiden try to ascend the tree, she adressed the other two;
"Keep your eyes open." She said in a calm, forceful whisper. "Don't let anything catch you off guard." Looking up with a subtle arch of her neck, she inhaled sharply. "The first step to defeating anything is to not be shocked by it."
Old 11-11-2002, 08:38 AM   #366
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The dark elf looked at the elf maiden silently. He had not dwelt on the matter, but simply did what was needed to be done. He took in her sight, still young in their race’s reckoning.

“I can not foresee what is ahead of us, though I do not deny the dangers,” he chose his words carefully. “I was once told that the spirit grows stronger, the heart bolder when our strength lessens, perhaps these are the times of such. I have sworn to find my kin’s slayers, but not just for vengeance, but to assure that no other –“

A sudden noise had made both elves tense suddenly. Anarya glanced quickly towards where Taralphiel and Khelek were resting. A shadow once again flew overhead, though its shape was hidden in the dense foliage of the trees. Its passing presence could be felt more rather than seen, like a cold winter chill in the dead of the night.

“The more we near our destination, the enemy’s minions seem to grow in strength, “ the dark elf said grimly after a time.

A soft rustling revealed both Khelek and Taralphiel peeking from their place of rest. They too had felt the passing shadow.

As the dark elf stood up and before any of his companions could cry out a warning, a huge black creature leaped upon him and knocked him down. Rûdhcamion was slammed into the rough trunk of the huge bole, his breath knocked out of him. Looking up he came face to face with what seemed to be a wolf-like giant- and suddenly realised it was a werewolf!

The creature was as black as night, its eyes as red as burning ember and its breath as foul as death. It reared up once again. The elf barely escaped as the creature swiped out with its long sharp claws.
Old 11-11-2002, 08:45 AM   #367
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rinurion was about to reply to Sauche when a rain of arrows suddenly fell upon them. He quickly grabbed Amaryllis as Sauche leaped up a branch.

“Yrch! Hurry and take cover!” He cried out as he helped Amaryllis up another tree. He then looked around frantically for Gayahithwen. He spotted her with Daegon who was, to his horror, actually going towards the orcs.

“The enemy will be upon you! To the trees! “ Rinurion shouted to them. He heard Amaryllis call out to the kitchen elf.

As he tried to come to Gayahithwen and Daegon’s aide an arrow nearly missed him. He took cover behind the oak as he strung his bow, he quickly took aim and an orc fell. In the corner of his eye he saw Sauche's frustration and anger as she too could not reach the kitchen elf.
Old 11-11-2002, 03:26 PM   #368
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Leighlei has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Leighlei
Silmaril

Sauche graped the branches that held her aloft so tight the bark began to scrape her flesh. Every muscle tensed, she wanted to leap from the tree and save the two headed for danger. But she knew it to be folly. Even if she did jump, she knew she wasn't fast enough to save them. She looked around, frantic.
"What are they doing?!" She cried, confused. "Why are they going towardsthem?!"
Old 11-12-2002, 11:46 AM   #369
Gayahithwen
Wight

Gayahithwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Gayahithwen looked over at Daegon. Why was he moving towards the orcs? She followed him, confused. Did he know something she did not? Surely, it had to be more safe to stay with him, right? Everyone was fighting around her.

"Daegon? What's going on?" She looked over at Daegon, who had turned half way around. "What are you doing?"

Daegons expression was horrible. It looked like horror, angst, regret and a various mix of other feelings. He opened his mouth, couldn't get out a sound and closed it again. He took a deep breath and said "I'm sorry"

Gaya didn't get it. Why was he sorry? What did he mean? But.. he was heading for the orcs! Suddenly she understood. He wasn't one of the 'good guys' at all.. He was betraying them! She looked back towards the others, only to notice that the way back was filled with orcs. Looking around, she realised that she was surrounded. Her hand went towards her belt, where her knife had last been. She grabbed it, thinking that if this was the end, even a servant without any combat training ought to be able to take at least one orc with her. She cut some of the orcs a little, before finally getting struck down by a huge, black orc in front of her. The last thing she saw before passing out was the big orc, and behind him the blue skye.
Old 11-12-2002, 09:42 PM   #370
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Amaryllis nearly hyperventilated waiting in the tree. All she could do was watch the orcs surround Gaya. "No. They can't take her!" she thought. With little more than a brief thought, she jumped fromthe branch and collided with an orc standing in front of Gaya. The impact with the ground, however, knocked the wind out of her and she had to take a moment to catch her breath. IT was a moment she didn't have because soon she was in the same state as Gaya, passed otu onthe ground withthe last visions of blurry orcs and arrows flying.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:12 AM   #371
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Silmaril

Settling down in the alcove, Taralphiel closed her eyes and attempted to sleep.She now knew that whatever heritage her mother indeed had, had given her the ability to sense things in her surroundings above that of the realms of Men. And with that she then reasoned that she must use this to aid in whatever way she could.

She slowly cleared her mind and listened to the steady rustling of the leaves in the wind and the cold of the night on her face. She smiled at the comfort darkness used to give her. But here there was foreboding, and a deep shock ran through her. She shot her eyes skyward, though her mortal eyes saw little.She noticed Rudchamion also observing the night. At that she felt her breathing shallow painfully. She tried to call out that there was danger, but no words came.

A creature, one which she had never before beheld, launched itself at the elf and caught him off guard. Swiping with its razor sharp claws at him, he weaved the blows almost gracefully.

Taralphiel took her daggers and aimed them at the fell beast. They hit their mark, but only seemed to anger it more. He turned from Rudchamion and raced towards herself and Khelek. The wolf pup growled and sprang forward. Taralphiel feared the pup would be no match, but was surprised at his strength and bravery. It was knocked to the floor and wrestled with Kehlek. She watched Anarya take aim to shoot the creature, and Taralphiel feared that the arrow may not be true. She knew little of elven skill. The arrow flew swiftly...

[ December 09, 2002: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 12-15-2002, 08:40 AM   #372
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rinurion felt frustration well up in him as a cold, black suspicion began to form in his mind. Too trusting, Gayahithwen had been too trusting of Daegon. Now Amaryllis was in danger as well.

He downed another orc as Sauche threw a well aimed knife at another.

He tried come close to the fallen elf maidens to no avail. They were out numbered by the orcs.
Old 12-15-2002, 08:43 AM   #373
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The dark elf quickly got his bearings and swiftly unsheathed his sword. The snake skin armor had luckily saved him from more serious damage. Taralphiel had tried to stop the beast by injuring it with her knives to no avail. Anarya’s arrow hit its mark upon the thick hide of the werewolf, Rûdhchamion saw that Khelek was no match for the great beast, but the young wolf stood his ground valiantly.

Anarya strung another arrow, and the dark elf moved swiftly to reach the pup. As the werewolf reared up in pain and anger, Rûdhchamion grabbed the pup. The huge drauglin snapped its maws towards the elf who had taken his would be prize.

Making sure he had dropped Khelek carefully as close to Anarya, the dark elf turned once more towrds the monster. The elven arrows had weakened it, and all the elf had to do was quickly draw his sword, slashing at its neck.
Old 12-15-2002, 08:46 AM   #374
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The dark female silhouette turned towards the orc captain as the last group of bats flew overhed. An evil smile played on Muru’s lips as she addressed Wázrárz. The enormous orc captain raised a brow.

“What news?” He grumbled imptiently.

“The elf, Daegon, has pushed through with the plan. It will make up for our lost hold on Mornovarion. Though I shall not completely give up on my hold of the elf. His mind can still be manipulated.”

Wázrárz grunted skeptically. “You under-estimate the Elvenking’s powers.”

“And you under-estimate mine!” Muru hissed, her eyes glowering dangerously.

“Never the less, time grows short and the Master grows angry. His generals in Dol Guldur grow impatient as well. Ill pleased were they when they learned of the elf’s failure. Now news come that Thranduil sends his scouts further south. We have enough trouble in penetrating Lorien.”

“Ahhh, yes. Several scrimmages have been reported. But they are erratic.”

“Still, “ the orc captain growled,” I’ll have the warg riders go with the patrols. Have you’re “pets” sweep both the north eastern and western parts of the region. I like not the news of the scouts… though no match will the elven forces be to our great armies.”
Old 12-16-2002, 02:02 PM   #375
Dark-Caranthir
Haunting Spirit

Dark-Caranthir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Suddenly three elves appeared out of the bushes behind Mornovarion's captor. Two maidens and a dark-elf. His captor seemed to know them and said: "Mae govannen, Anarya, Novannon. We meet in strange times. I have caught another tresspasser in these woods. It seems that Thranduil's lands are beset from many directions, but we have yet to see if this elf means harm. I think perhaps more harm was done to him than he means toward anyone. But," and now she turned to face him, "you have threatened me, and I am of Thranduil's realm. That was ill done. You would have had more chance of mercy had you not done that thing. But mercy you still may find, if you are honest and humble."
Now she turned back to her friends, "Anarya, who is this elf with you? I have not seen him before."
Before she could answer, out of the trees to their left there came a huge rustling, and suddenly a huge flock of giant bats flew out of the trees. Mornovarion drew his knife to defend himself and a quick glance showed that the others were doing the same. Two of the monsters flew at him, their claws outstretched. Mornovarion managed to force them off but they just came back. One scratched his face and knocked him off balance, and he looked up to see Tinuiel pointing her bow at him! He was about to cry out, but she loosed her arrow not at him, but above his head. He looked up in time to see one of the huge bats diving towards him. Tinuiel's arrow hit it, but not in time to stop one of it's huge teeth penetrating his shoulder. A sudden drowsiness took over him and he fell to the ground.
Old 12-18-2002, 04:38 AM   #376
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

The blood dripped from the still body of the thing that had attacked them. Taralphiel slowly edged towards it and stared. It was a wolf of a sort, with massive claws and menacing eyes that now stared away into the sky.

Rudchamion stepped beside her and noticed her shaking 'It is a warewolf, as far as i can tell. Though such creatures i have seldom beheld'

Taralphiel turned her gaze towards the place in which they were headed. She felt pain, and suffering, so much that it almost overwhealmed her. She then saw an image, clear as day, in her mind. He was there, chained, in the dark, his hair covering his eyes but a look of pain spread across his lips.

She dropped to her knees, and Anarya ran to her. Lifting herslef up, she said 'We must make haste, there is evil there, and i must save him from it, and destroy it'
Old 12-21-2002, 07:36 AM   #377
Gayahithwen
Wight

Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Daegon swallowed and bit his lip. He had betrayed them, and even though that was what he had planned to since he met them.. He tried not to think about it. Some orcs were surrounding him. He glared at them and started talking with them.

"I've done what you wanted me to do. Now, hand over my sister and let us leave."

The orcs looked at eachother and laughed, exchanging some words in their foul tounge. Daegon frowned. All he wanted was to get his sister and leave this place. The orcs made no attempt to do so, though. He glared at them.

"Get me my sister now!"

Seeing as they still made no attempt to do anything, he sighed deeply.

"Take me to your leader, then. But do something, you.. Just take me to your leader, ok?"
Old 01-05-2003, 05:22 AM   #378
Dark-Caranthir
Haunting Spirit

Dark-Caranthir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When Mornovarion opened his eyes again he realised he was not in the forest where he had fallen, but on a bed in a large hall, which from the look of the other beds with people on them appeared to be a hospital. Sitting in front of him was was an elf-maid. Speaking with great effort he asked, "What? Where am I and who are you?".
Smiling, the elf replied"You are in the House of Healing in the City of Thranduil. My name is Anarya,"
Old 01-31-2003, 07:56 AM   #379
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The elf was shocked at the betrayal. Rinurion was about to bead Daegon with one of his arrows in anger when Sauche pushed him out of the path of an axe thrown from a few distance from them. Another group of orcs had gone around and surrounded them.

The two dashed behind a nearby underbrush just in time to avoid a hail of arrows from the enemy.

“How could have they escaped the detection of the patrols?” growled Sauche, “Surely the Elvenking’s men are better than that!”

Rinurion stood suddenly as he fired several shots at the oncoming orcs. They held their ground in futility. When the orc leader held a sword at Gayahitwen and Amaryllis’ throats they could do nothing but surrender in frustration.

As they were bound tighty, Rinurion’s cold gaze never left Deagon.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:11 AM   #380
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The dark elf stood silently in deep thought over the dead beast. Anarya brushed a wayward strand of hair from Taralphiel’s face before she looked towards Rûdhchamion. Khelek had regained his poise and sat up alert.

“Hush, we must stay cautious”, she whispered comfortingly to the young girl. “You must rest as well.”

“But first we must find a safer place to regain our strength,” Rudhchamion spoke suddenly. A look of grim determination was on his face.

”Is there such a place anymore?” Asked the young wolf.

“It’s a dark, foreboding place we go to…” Taralphiel whispered softly.

Rûdhchamion kept silent as he led them to another alcove. As they began to rest, he turned to look at their destination.

Dol Guldur. What awaited them there, he thought as he felt a cold chill in the air.
Old 01-31-2003, 03:52 PM   #381
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Sting

When she regained consciousness, there was a sword at her throat. She could see Gaya in her periferal vision but dared not turn her head.

She saw Daegon standing near the orcs. She feared for his safety but when he was not being harmed, she realized that he had betrayed the group. He had deliberately led them to the orcs. She vowed that he would feel the repurcussions of his actions. And she would personally see to them. She may have been somewhat fragile-looking, but she could pack a lot of power into a punch.

She wouldn't move now; not with death hovering idly at her throat in the hands of an orc who didn't care whether or not she lived, only that he got dinner that night. So there she stood, with no choice but to be still, and waited.

[ January 31, 2003: Message edited by: Fair Amaryllis ]
Old 02-03-2003, 04:27 AM   #382
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Taralphiel lay in the alcove watching the moon on its course through the sky. She had noticed a sickly coloured sheen had defiled its white hue, making it brown and almost disfigured. Evil was brimming from Dol Goldur.

But there was more. She felt him there. Eriador. The man named after the lands his fathers longed to journey to and behold. The Rohirrim. He was there and an urgency took her to save him.

Anarya looked at her 'He is there, isnt he?'
She nodded and shuddered
'What happened to you both? how did you come to be here like this?'

And so Taralphiel told her long story to Anarya, from Calembel to here, and for a moment she smiled amidst all the despair. For then she knew her allies were dearer to her now then she knew.
Old 02-04-2003, 05:11 PM   #383
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

This RPG has been moved to the Shire.
Old 02-07-2003, 02:15 AM   #384
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

~~~ First, let me welcome this great game and group of writers to the Shire! ~~~

I do need some things put in place once it is moved:

1.) Can one of you please take charge as the Game's owner. You will be in charge of directing the flow of the game.

2.) The players and the Game owner need to discuss both an end date for the game, and a reachable end goal which will signal the game's end. This is a requirement for all games in the Shire

3.) Will you be accepting any new players into the game, and what sort will you allow (Elves, Men, etc.). If you do accept any players, is there a limit to their number?

4.) All players please remember to disable your signatures for all future postings in the game itself. (A general rule now in all Barrow Downs games). You may, of course, leave your signature on for the Discussion thread.

Thanks! -- Piosenniel (Pio), Shire Moderator
Old 02-24-2003, 03:53 PM   #385
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Sting

She watched, still silent, formulating a plan to get away somehow. She noticed a stick close to her foot which apparently held a large boulder in place. The rock sat close enough that it would be distracing to the orcs should it move suddenly. She slowly worked her foot to the stick and started trying to pry it loose. It was jammed in tighter than it looked and it took a minute for her to really get it loose. She saw the rock start to tip and then it rolled making a large crashign noise as it broke through trees and underbrush. The orcs were distracted long enough that she could grab Gaya's hand and pull her up a large tree.
Old 03-02-2003, 07:14 AM   #386
Gayahithwen
Wight

Sting

Gaya looked down from the tree, over at the place where the other elves stood. She wasn't sure how she had gotten up here so fast, but.. Her eyes went from Amaryllis to the elves, then onwards to the orcs, who had already spotted them. One of the larger orcs grinned a bit and held a knife to the throat of Sauche.

"Come down, small elves, or your friend here will get hurt.. and you wouldn't want that, would you?"

Gaya sighed and looked over at Amaryllis, before starting to climb out of the tree again.

"It was worth a try," she said, while looking for a spot to place her foot, "but it seems our fate is no longer in our own hands."

She jumped down the last bit, before turning towards the orcs, who quickly surrounded her and bound her, before pushing her off towards Rinurion and Sauche.

[ March 03, 2003: Message edited by: Gayahithwen ]
Old 03-08-2003, 12:59 AM   #387
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Sting

she tried to decide whether or not to leave the tree. she looked at the branch she was holding, then at her friends, and back at the branch. She made a slight wimper as she climbed down the tree. Who knwos what would or could come next...
Old 03-08-2003, 04:56 AM   #388
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Taralphiel walked along the forest path, watching the trees. It had become alltogether darker and much more loathsome in the forest than she had ever expected.

She moved beside Rudchamion and whispered 'What shall we do? This place is full of evil spirits, I feel all of them. How shall we get him back?'

Rudchamion did not answer for a long while. Taralphiel stared into the darkness in his eyes and felt a strange kind of fear

'I do not know yet. But we will, do not worry'

He then walked ahead and left Taralphiel to brood on his strange mood.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:26 AM   #389
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The woods were still in these parts of Mirkwood. It was as if the woodland creatures did not exist among the flora of the forest here, or perhaps were hiding. The trees and foliage looked darker and foreboding. It was often then naught that the forest floor was carpeted with an unearthly mist that swirled around their feet as they silently trudged along their way. Even the sky seemed to dim, clouding the moon and stars from view.

They had been travelling for several days now. The small company had avoided several groups of orcs, though it had hindered them somewhat having to hide some hours before they could go on. Rûdhchamion was quiet as they trekked down the path they had chosen. The group grew closer to Dol Goldur, and his companions noticed the dark elf brooded more deeply, keeping his thoughts to himself.

“We’d best find a place to rest for the night,“ the dark elf looked towards the horizon. “It will soon be twilight, we’ll need to forage for food again early in the morning.”

Khelek gave an uneasy glance towards the Hill. ”The closer we get to Dol Goldur, the darker seems our journey”, the young wolf said quietly to no one in particular.

“The brushes near those trees will serve us well,” pointed out Anarya. “One can keep watch, hidden atop the branches without being seen. And we can camp out behind the thick folaige.”

As they were finishing their scant meal, Rûdhchamion had a sudden cold feeling that they were being watched. He took his bow and arrows and handed Taralphiel his short sword. Absently patting his hunting knife in its place at his thigh before clambering up the tree he had chosen for his watch.

The maidens looked at one another. This would be another sleepless night it would seem. The wolf pup stationed himself near the females Rûdhchamion noticed, closing his eyes to rest, but keeping his other senses alert.

The dark elf readied himself for whatever it was that watched them in the coming dark.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:53 AM   #390
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rinurion clenched his teeth, helpless to do any more to aid his companions. The orcs gathered around him and rounded up Gayahithwen and Amaryllis. All the while the leader of the group of orcs kept the blade at Sauche’s neck.

An orc had jumped them and had gotten the upper hand, disabling the warrior-maiden. As he was about to aid her, he too was attacked by two larger orcs.

The treacherous Deagon would pay for this, he swore silently. They were tied by their captors.

He could hear Deagon arguing with the orcs.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:08 AM   #391
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Wárzárz watched as another patrol came into camp. He had received word that another battalion would be rendezvousing near the outskirts of the Dead Marshes near the area of Gladden Fields, west from his location. There were no new orders, so he had stayed near the foot of the Hill. His own battalion was growing in strength and number.

Múrú kept her minions patrolling the different areas of the woods. She had informed him of the coming of the trolls and giants from the south. He smiled at the news. No pointy-eared elvenking could withstand them. The group near the marshes would prevent aid from the Lorien.

It would only be a matter of time.

“My pets tell me of news from near Thranduil’s lair. The traitor has captured another group of elves. “

The huge orc captain grunted, “We need another slave to penetrate the elven lair. Your last one was taken from your clutched.”

“Mornovarion was easily broken! This one, I have a stronger hold,” The vampire hissed at him.

“And when he finds out the truth?” The orc smiled evilly. “It will not matter much. But another failure will displease the Master.”

He did enjoy watching Múrú work her arts. She could twist the mind of any strong elf or man, to bend to do her bidding. But he enjoyed the process even more, the torture, the pain and guile she used. Though it was said her powers came from within the Hill, and she too did the bidding of another.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:23 AM   #392
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Taralphiel followed the group along to where they had decideed to rest. As they settled, Rudchamion felt the presence of someone and leapt into the trees, giving her his sword.

Taralphiel stood there with the glinting metal reflecting her time worn face. She sat beside Anarya and waited.

'I want to help' she said
'what would you do?' asked Anarya, also wishing the same
'I could try to use what I have been ordained with to see where he cannot' she said and placed the sword on the floor as she closed her eyes.

'Be careful, you know not the full nature or extent of what you have' warned Khelek.

It came to her. Eyes, hollow and fey. They were searching for something, moving through the forest, and quickly. It was a face. Pale, and evil and dead. A woman.

'Hello little maiden. Where hast though recieved such power of thought?' her smile made the colour in Taralphiel drain

'You....cannot...'

'see you? I can little girl, and I can find you. You are near the Elf king. I want his throne. Tell me where it is or you will
suffer, I swear it'

She moved forward and Taralphiel shrieked. She then saw an evil creature looking up through trees in a quick flash, but those eyes, those same, dead eyes. And with him, a lone orc.

Taralphiel fell forward and picked herself up. Khelek pressed her for an answer.

'Her name I know not, but she is dead and alive, and commands all that is evil. She has minions that are watching us, and she sees too, with her unliving eyes. An orc and dead thing are there where Rudchamion is watching'

Khelek motioned to Rudchamion who gave a quick nod and regarded Taralphiel quickly, then peered down through the trees.
Old 03-15-2003, 08:14 AM   #393
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The dark elf breathed in deeply to clear his head snapping himself out of the sudden panic he had felt. Rûdhchamion had sensed that they were being tracked. Taralphiel's revelation was alarming, yet he felt something was not quite right. He had a suspicion on what the young half-elf was saying - "dead yet alive...". He had heard of stories from the loremasters. The undead, similar to the Nazgul under the Enemy's power.

"Taralphiel! Stop scrying, she can only sense you if you too are attempting to locate her, " he quickly warned the maiden.

Anarya looked up at him bewildered. She had never heard of nor witnessed what Taralphiel and Rûdhchamion were talking about. Khelek quickly tried to awaken the young half-elven from her trance-like state.

"What -?" Taralphiel looked about her a bit disoriented. "I know they're near by."

"Yes, that may be so. But we do not wish to have our location known to them", the dark elf told her.

"How so?" Asked Anarya.

The dark elf jumped down from where he had perched. Looking around first before answering.

"I know not in the Elvenking's realm how the mage or spellweavers use their craft. There were a few of my people who were greatly gifted with the ability of foresight. And there were those that could see and communicate beyond what most of our kind could do. But the Enemy and his minions too have capabilities that they often use to waylay and trap the unwary."

"Remember this," he turned to Taralphiel, "She can only speak with you and hold you in her thrall if you let her in your mind. That one is of an ancient age past. Do not always believe what she whispers to you, for as her Master, she too can weave deceit as though it was the truth."

He looked towards the south. They were a few days from Dol Guldur. He suspected that whoever had spoken to the elf maiden would be there as well.

"We hold a cold camp tonight, we cannot risk a campfire," he said grimly.

Both females nodded. Anarya picked a spot near one of the large boles where they could easily climb should the need arise.

[ March 27, 2003: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]
Old 03-15-2003, 08:29 AM   #394
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

A cold smile spread across Múrú's cold pale face. A pleasant suprise it was to have detected the girl. Through the girl's eyes she had vaguely seen two elves. A female and a male. She now knew that they were nearby, though not exactly where. Soon though, she would have them in her clutches.

Now if only the foolish child would open her thoughts more. For now she would return to the bowels of Dol Guldur.

The huge orc captain watched with a look of disinterest as the vampire shifted into a large black bat. And turned his attention to another group of warg-riders that had come in from the west.

Across the cloudy night the dark silent form of the bat flew towards the Hill.
Old 03-17-2003, 04:40 AM   #395
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Taralphiel settled down to rest. Rudchamion's words still sayed with her.

'I will talk to him more tomorrow. He knows of my skill, and I need to master it if I am to keep us concealed'

She thought of the living dead woman and shuddered. Her hollow eyes and piercing voice stabbed at her brain with many pains. Among them was the knowledge her distant beloved was in pain too, and that her memories of him may be all she now posessed of him.

'Could I..' she though painfully 'find him? talk to him?' She stopped that thought and tried to sleep. But her dreams were filled with him calling her name, and praying to be with her.

[ March 17, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 03-18-2003, 03:07 AM   #396
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The undead female sat silently thinking. Word from her minions had told her that the elf she had sent to the Elvenking's realm was slipping from her grasp each day. Something she was loathe to admit.

Múrú did not easily accept defeat.

She stretched her mind once more and felt for the mind holds she had set on Mornovarion. The elven healing had started, but was still incomplete. To dreams they had sent him to heal. Then that would be where she would speak to him.

But there was one that was close to him that could do her works, unintentionally. The elf maiden sent to aid in his healing.

"Greetings, Mornovarion! I know you can hear my whispers... ignore the elven maiden. You now belong to me. Do you think your betrayals will be forgiven once the Elvenking gains knowledge of all you've done for the Master?"

Thus Múrú began her evil works in deceit and lies.

At Thranduil's realm, the elf Mornovarion stirred uneasily in his dream-state. Tinuiel, too felt a chill as a small bat hung unnoticed near a branch by the window.
Old 03-21-2003, 09:27 AM   #397
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rinurion seethed in his bonds. He was badly bruised from the orcs' beatings, and his side hurt badly. He glanced to his left where Sauche was bond as tightly as he was. The Wild Elf's countenance left no room to what she had in mind, should the opportunity show itself. Amaryllis was showing a brave front, and the elven warrior grew angrier seeing how the elf maidens were being handled. Gayahithwen still looked with disbelief towards Daegon.

They were made to trot along side the orcs southward for several miles. Their captors dragging them for sport, sneering at them should they falter. The group made camp after a few hours after dusk.

The elf was roughly pushed down along side his companions. He heard Daegon arguing heatedly with the orcs once more.

"The traitor will pay," he muttered under his breath. Sauche snorted in agreement. The hatred in her eyes made the golden one seem alit with fire, and the green glow coldly like ice.
Old 03-22-2003, 02:29 PM   #398
Gayahithwen
Wight

Sting

They had gone for several miles, Daegon arguing with the orcs all along. They were all so stupid. The orcs talked with eachother, laughing at something. Daegon glared at them. All he wanted was to get his sister and leave. He did not wish to converse with some moronic orcs.. the orcs told him to sit down, and after taking away his weapons, they laughed and walked away.

"Stay here, elf.. we'll have someone along in a bit to talk with you.."

Gayahithwen pulled at her ropes, in another hopeless effort to free herself. Not that she knew what she would do if she actually succeeded, but she felt better when actually doing something. She looked at Rinurion, who were muttering things about 'the traitor'. She knew who he meant - Daegon. She still hadn't gotten over his betrayal.. He had seemed such a nice person, although she hadn't known him for very long.

The orcs made him sit down a bit from the group of elves he had betrayed. Gayahithwen realised none of the orcs really cared, so she edged closer to Daegon, not knowing really what to say, but still trying to say something.

"Daegon?"

He looked up at her, his eyes filled with different feelings.. Guilt was one, hope another, then, there was despair and doubt..

"I.. I tried to do what seemed right," he began. "I.. they.. it's.. my sister.." The words failed him, and he turned away from her, ignoring her pleads for an explanation.
Old 03-22-2003, 10:05 PM   #399
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Taralphiel stretched out her aches as the sun rose. Looking around hazily, she saw the twisted shapes of Greenwood. She found little cheer, and even less sunlight in this place. Sitting by the fire, she looked across at Anarya, who seemed in her own world. The she-elf soon looked up, and smiled at her.

'You must miss your home' she said. Taralphiel shifted 'I suppose I do. It was very beautiful. But I am now convinced that my heart wasnt there' she smiled sadly.

'What of your home Anarya? Do you miss it?' She looked at the Elf, and it seems she caught her off guard. After a while she whispered 'Yes, I think I do' She played with a silver feathered arrow, and her face gave away a distant look. Taralphiel stood up then, and left her with her musing.

Walking to a nearby tree, she spotted Rudchamion. He was standing at the base of a tree, watching the dark of the forest. She moved slowly towards him, and he turned to look at her. She still found it startling he could hear her from so far away.

'I wanted to ask of what you know, good Elf. I understand little of this power, if that is what it is. Temptation has been getting greater to use them. I do not want to endanger you...'

Rudchamion looked at her with what she could not discern between pity or indifference, or even annoyance. Khelek appeared beside him, his strong eyes shwoing nothing.

Rudchamion then said...
Old 03-24-2003, 02:50 AM   #400
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

“For one with such skills, I am surprised you have not been taught accordingly. I am no sage in such lores, though in our heritage such talents are quite common to certain levels,” The Dark Elf tilted his head to one side, considering the young half-elf in front of him. “Have you always lived among the humans? Were there no elven teachers to guide you?”

Hurrmph. She would have been more careful if she did. The young wolf said, a bit impatiently.

Rûdhchamion had been aware of the young girl’s fidgeting. He knew she would confront him with questions. She had mentioned that she lived in a human settlement, but surely there had been some teachers who would have taught her about elven lores.

“As I said before, caution is needed. It is possible, I believe that you could use your skills in scrying to aid us. But you have not the subtlety to do so, therefore risk exposing yourself to dangers. “