The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2017, 05:22 AM   #1
Faramir Jones
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Silmaril The recent news about Harvey Weinstein

I'm sure many here have been following the recent news about Harvey Weinstein, and the numerous allegations leveled against him. Some are extremely serious; but even if we set aside allegations of criminal behaviour, he appears to have behaved like a repulsive bully.

I say this here because he is down as Executive Producer of all 3 of Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings films. Someone doesn't need to be an orc to be accused of orc like behavior...
Faramir Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:52 AM   #2
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Well, I can't see all that having any direct effect on perceptions of the LOTR films.

I daresay Executive Producer is not something most people really pay attention to with movies. I'm not much of a cinemaphile, but the cast is more interesting to me when deciding if I want to see something.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:37 AM   #3
Faramir Jones
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thumbs up I agree

You're right, Inziladun. His behaviour doesn't affect my views of the films.

When I read what he was accused of, and checked his connection with the films, I just thought of orc like behaviour by a Man...
Faramir Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:26 AM   #4
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faramir Jones View Post
When I read what he was accused of, and checked his connection with the films, I just thought of orc like behaviour by a Man...
Arda marred.

Quote:
Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed....sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:59 AM   #5
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dűm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
For the record, Peter Jackson says that Weinstein "blacklisted" two actresses whom he claimed were hard to work with. These actresses later accused him of sexual impropriety. So the film trilogy is sadly not entirely clean of his influence. But I haven't found anything to suggest that the actresses who actually worked with PJ and Co were affected by him.

https://www.indiewire.com/2017/12/pe...gs-1201908031/
The Sixth Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote