The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #4081
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

There's no obligation to post lots. If you want to post just once a day then that's fine by me. But it's more fun if people contribute more.

I think I mentioned before that the game would be simple. I've actually changed my mind and want to do something a little bit creative. But it's all very secretive. I'm still ironing out the details.

The thread should be up tomorrow and I think Night 1 will start either tomorrow or Monday.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:08 PM   #4082
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Eomer, may I confirm my participation?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:18 AM   #4083
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I'm very happy to hear that, Mith.

If anyone else wants to join you have until 7PM GMT +1 to do so. The game's deadline (i.e. beginning of Days and Nights) will be 11PM GMT +1. I'll likely send out roles a little earlier in the evening.

I'm going to start the game thread now.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:32 AM   #4084
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Game thread is up, but no posting on it yet, please.

Ok, so this game will be a little bit experimental. I, of course, hope it goes swimmingly, but I will beg your forgiveness if it goes wrong. Here's hoping all's well, eh?
Old 10-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #4085
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Blast. I missed it, didn't I?

Oh well, probably for the best, what with midterms and all. Best of luck to all the players!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:11 AM   #4086
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Eomer: Did Night1 start two hours before the time the actual DL will be?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:07 AM   #4087
Gaunt
Animated Skeleton

Gaunt has just left Hobbiton.
Eomer,

I would like to confirm my participation in this game.

Yours sincerely,

Gaunt
Gaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:56 AM   #4088
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Ah, good to see you making a public appearance Gaunt.

I should explain, especially to Sally, that Gaunt is one of my invitees and had already told me (face to face) that he would play. I just hadn't put him in the public list until he showed up here.

I sent out roles last night so I'm afraid you are too late, Sally.

In answer to Nogrod, yes I started Night 1 early. I didn't think there was a pressing need to wait. Don't worry: the deadline for the Days from now on will not randomly be two hours early.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:48 PM   #4089
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I know I haven't explained everything very official like, and I've probably missed a few things (that can't be inferred by the narrative). Please point these things out and I'll explain (if the secrets permit it!)
Old 10-07-2008, 06:33 AM   #4090
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post

In answer to Nogrod, yes I started Night 1 early. I didn't think there was a pressing need to wait. Don't worry: the deadline for the Days from now on will not randomly be two hours early.
But Nogrod's deadline IS two hours early..... that is one of the special rules isn't it Eomer?

Old 10-07-2008, 07:32 AM   #4091
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I counted it one hour wrong and didn't pay heed to the difference between BD-time and realtime...

It seems to be as Eomer cryptically says it is eg. 10GMT +1 which would mean in more easy terms 9GMT...
Old 10-07-2008, 10:42 AM   #4092
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

11PM GMT+1.

11 for me. 10 for UK, and so on.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:02 AM   #4093
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Ah, good to see you making a public appearance Gaunt.

I should explain, especially to Sally, that Gaunt is one of my invitees and had already told me (face to face) that he would play. I just hadn't put him in the public list until he showed up here.

I sent out roles last night so I'm afraid you are too late, Sally.

No, that's totally fine, I just didn't realize this game was starting so soon. No worries; like I said, I didn't really have time to play anyway. Sounds fun though; I'm sure you'll all enjoy yourselves.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:54 PM   #4094
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Question

I have a question about the rules: How is it decided who dies if several people get the same amount of votes? If I calculated correctly, Samwise, Kath and I all got two votes...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:00 PM   #4095
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I have a question about the rules: How is it decided who dies if several people get the same amount of votes? If I calculated correctly, Samwise, Kath and I all got two votes...
It was said in the opening post of toDay:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
There will be no double-lynches. In the event of a tie, the first player to reach the necessary number of votes will be killed.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:02 PM   #4096
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Okay, I should obviously start paying more attention to what Eomer says... Sorry.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:06 PM   #4097
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Okay, I should obviously start paying more attention to what Eomer says... Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy in the game thread
You know, he is a teacher in RL, so he must have an instinct to explain stuff to people if he assumes they don't know it. (He even has a bad habit of considering people more stupid than they are: often, when he explains something, he starts with making sure I know what some obvious thing is... )
And how I trusted you on this...

EDIT: corrected the bolding...

Last edited by Nogrod; 10-07-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:20 PM   #4098
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
You should almost get a neg-rep for this

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:21 PM   #4099
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

What a nice club of gentlemen we have here...
Old 10-08-2008, 01:11 PM   #4100
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*grabs popcorn and enjoys herself....and that's just from THIS thread*
Old 10-12-2008, 05:38 AM   #4101
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Shasta has informed me that, unfortunately, he must drop out of the game due to having no time to spare. I'll take care of this in the narration tonight.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:17 PM   #4102
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Sorry, guys. What with a sum total of fourteen shows to do, I simply did not have the time or energy to participate to the extend I wanted to. My apologies, and good luck to the Wargs! Hopefully when the next game comes around I won't be so busy.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:54 AM   #4103
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Sorry, guys. What with a sum total of fourteen shows to do, I simply did not have the time or energy to participate to the extend I wanted to. My apologies, and good luck to the Wargs! Hopefully when the next game comes around I won't be so busy.
That's rather understandable - everyone is too busy every now and then. Hope your shows go well!
Old 10-17-2008, 11:59 AM   #4104
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Great job to all the Were Wolves out there, you nearly succeeded but I'm glad that you didn't! Gaunt and Gwath, you two did an exceptional job! I hope you play again soon Gaunt, we need some fresh new players!
Old 10-17-2008, 01:31 PM   #4105
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dűm

Gollum the Great has just left Hobbiton.
Man, werewolf is fun! I've got to do this more.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #4106
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Gaunt and Gwath, you two did an exceptional job!
Thank you.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:05 PM   #4107
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
That was actually the first game I've survived.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:50 AM   #4108
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Dead right....

Technically that was my most successful game since I voted for all the baddies and no innocents (I hope Eomer will explain what the deal was with Brinniel). Of course I died which slightly spoilt the pleasure....

Old 10-18-2008, 10:38 AM   #4109
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

How come no-one's posting on the game thread.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:53 AM   #4110
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I don't know.. Saturdays are often quiet but I expected some reactions...

Old 10-19-2008, 12:05 PM   #4111
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hey darlings, who's modding next? I am itching to play.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:12 PM   #4112
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Hey darlings, who's modding next? I am itching to play.
A question on modding: do you have to get permission or something to do it? I'm still relatively new at werewolf, and I still don't know a great deal.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:22 PM   #4113
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum the Great View Post
A question on modding: do you have to get permission or something to do it? I'm still relatively new at werewolf, and I still don't know a great deal.
There's a modding list which consists of at most five names at a time. You must acknowledge your willingness to mod in this thread to get on the list, assuming there's space.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:31 PM   #4114
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
There's a modding list which consists of at most five names at a time. You must acknowledge your willingness to mod in this thread to get on the list, assuming there's space.
Great! How does one find out when its one's turn?
Old 10-19-2008, 04:38 PM   #4115
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Hmm I think it's Diamond's turn now, and then Mith's, but after them there should be no one... It's Naria who has usually been keeping the list up to date but she doesn't seem to have been around for a while so I'm not quite sure how the list should look now.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #4116
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Hmm I think it's Diamond's turn now, and then Mith's, but after them there should be no one... It's Naria who has usually been keeping the list up to date but she doesn't seem to have been around for a while so I'm not quite sure how the list should look now.
Well whoever it is I'm in!
Old 10-20-2008, 01:29 PM   #4117
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Yeah, it's my turn. I'm not sure what exactly my game is going to be, I wanted to do a "sequel" to my last game but that one needs a lot of players to work. Twenty at least. So whether I do that, or a simpler game, really depends on how many people want to play.

The original All Star Crossed... game, for reference.

Also, the rules.

Last edited by Diamond18; 10-20-2008 at 01:53 PM.
Diamond18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:32 PM   #4118
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

You can always count on me to be in. (Says she who missed your previous game... )
Old 10-20-2008, 01:37 PM   #4119
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I would love to participate in such a game - it definitely sounds interesting.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:43 PM   #4120
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Of course, after such a long absence from WW, and after such an... hmm... interesting game, it is without question for me to sign up too... and that's without taking into account what the game's going to look like... (I'm going to take a look. Hopefully that's not going to scare me away. But I hope also playing the old one isn't a prerequisite... hey, it seems to have taken place just before I joined! Anyway...)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote