The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #441
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sounds good! I have no plans yet for either day.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #442
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I should have a few hours free.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #443
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
*cough*
Old 02-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #444
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
*cough*
What about next Saturday?

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #445
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'll be on today for as long as I can stand this chair. Watching updates and installing software on my new lappy what has a new and fancy webcam (ooooo). Spiffy times.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:56 AM   #446
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Heyyyyyyy! It's been a loooooooong time you guys! Anyone want to do some Hobbit reading or silliness next weekend? I'll be available after 12:30ish MDT on Sat, a bit later on Sunday.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:36 AM   #447
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I shall ask my fellow Finns, the Czech and the normal English person I will be spending time with in the weekend.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #448
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
The normal English person is up for this.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #449
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

I'll be on for a while, then - hope to see some of you

Old 04-08-2012, 08:30 AM   #450
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aa sorry we forgot all about this! Tonight make work though. I'll keep you informed.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #451
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Hey everyone! We're sort of skyping now - we have a couple possible readings planned depending on how many people join. Come wiiiithhh uuuuuus!

Old 10-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #452
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

So we are probably gathering again tomorrow afternoon/evening. This time we will really, really, really co-operate to read some actual Tolkien. I can't promise it won't be using silly voices though.

Old 11-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #453
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Galadriel55, Hookbill and I are currently skyping. We haven't discussed Tolkien yet, but that can easily change. Come join us!

Old 12-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #454
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Is anyone available now? There's a slim chance that there might actually be a reading today, and a good chance there will be lots of nonesense talk!
Old 12-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #455
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Anyone?
Old 01-03-2013, 05:10 AM   #456
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Hey would anyone like to do a Skype reading today? Starting between 4-8 PM GMT would be optimal for us in Finland, but we're flexible.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #457
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Hey would anyone like to do a Skype reading today? Starting between 4-8 PM GMT would be optimal for us in Finland, but we're flexible.
Wait... so, starting around now? I think I might be able to do it a bit later. Like, a couple hours later. But I can't promise since I have no clue what I'm supposed to do during the day. I might be dragged off to someplace.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #458
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

It will take us about an hour to get online - now it's cooking time!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #459
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
It will take us about an hour to get online - now it's cooking time!
I'm free for a couple hours starting now, which is, I think, when you're free too? Are you skyping from Lommy's skype? I'm trying to add her because hers is the only skype name I found.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #460
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I will be around, since I have just recovered my voice, so apart from an occassional cough there should be no problem with talking. Apparently, the Finnish-squad are all now eating, but will be present in a while after that.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #461
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I'm free for a couple hours starting now, which is, I think, when you're free too? Are you skyping from Lommy's skype? I'm trying to add her because hers is the only skype name I found.
We're free now, and we're using my account (scavengerlikeme). Will be online in five minutes.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #462
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
I have, unfortunately, missed the last few Skype sessions.

I was wondering when another one of these will be held. I will not be able to attend anything in the next two weeks, but after that I am open for any time. So, will we be planning another one of these soon?
Old 01-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #463
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Would anyone be available later today? It looks like I'm going to be free in a couple hours, and I could use a good skype session.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #464
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I will, or well it depends on your definition of 'later'. I've stayed up waaay too long lately and I'd like to go to bed before 2 my time, which is in four hours.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #465
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I will, or well it depends on your definition of 'later'. I've stayed up waaay too long lately and I'd like to go to bed before 2 my time, which is in four hours.
I'm basically waiting for my dearest family to finally leave (they should do so before the hour is out) so that I can do whatever I want. But if you're pressed for time I can make myself available (ie hide in my room and lock the door) as soon as possible. Either way, my skype's turned on, so anytime.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #466
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I am very much availabe by now. If anyone's around?...
Old 01-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #467
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aw sorry I got distracted making babies with Dean O'Gorman on MorphThing. I'm online now.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #468
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Okay what was supposed to be a short reading call on my part is still going on. We have just concluded that after casting the Silmaril into the sea, Maglor went insane, grew a massive beard and started living in a forest. Singing Ding-a-dong dillo. Also, I put my headphones back on when Hookbill was just saying how he wants to be Durin III's pet, he can give him a shiny collar and everything.
He, Eönwë, G55 and I have also read lots of Tolkien poems in English, Finnish, Russian, Swedish, Hungarian, and Hebrew.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #469
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Okay what was supposed to be a short reading call on my part is still going on. We have just concluded that after casting the Silmaril into the sea, Maglor went insane, grew a massive beard and started living in a forest. Singing Ding-a-dong dillo.
Don't forget that he also shrunk in the wash!

What wash?

One of Goldberry's cleaning days, probably.

ETA:

Quote:
He, Eönwë, G55 and I have also read lots of Tolkien poems in English, Finnish, Russian, Swedish, Hungarian, and Hebrew.
That was quite cool. We should do it again.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 01-26-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #470
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
I put my headphones back on when Hookbill was just saying how he wants to be Durin III's pet, he can give him a shiny collar and everything.
I believe I was using my mind-reading powers to see what Agan was thinking.

It was a lot of fun! Tolkien's songs and poems are always a delight. I wish I knew more of them by heart. We had 'In Moria in Khazad-dum', 'Gil-Gallad', 'Old Tom Bombadil', and many Rohiric songs! We need to do this again some time!
Old 02-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #471
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Sooo......
Old 02-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #472
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Sooo......
We have guests coming this afternoon, but they're here to see my parents, not me, so I might be available...
Old 02-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #473
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

It's kind of late, but I have Lommy making a presentation and Kath & Hookbill reading in the kitchen, and if someone else is around right about now, they could probably be persuaded to do a reading. And, surprisingly, Legate seems to be online too.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #474
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I have finished most of the work I have for today, and aside from a family event that may or may not take place I have nothing to do. So if anyone's around?...
Old 03-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #475
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I have some stuff to do but I'm technically here. Lommy and Legate say maybe.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #476
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I'm around, and for some reason the messages I'm sending Agan via Skype don't want to be delivered, and when that happens usually they don't get delivered at all... So I'm here and hopefully will be able to communicate...

Edit: umm, never mind about being here. I have to go do some stuff around the house, but I'll check in regularly and if anyone's still around I'll join.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 03-03-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #477
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Because I wasn't online.

Sorry, I simply had too many things to do and now it's really late. Next time.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:44 AM   #478
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Anyone around today?
Old 03-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #479
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Are we going to do anything for Tolkien Reading Day? I'm on break, so I can do either today or tomorrow.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #480
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Anyone?...